Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Proposal: New Members Shouldn't Be Allowed to Make New Discussions

Thread is self-explanatory.
I'm just here to see how the fandom reacts to the game coming out.

Comments

• simsluvr90simsluvr90 Posts: 3,030 Member
    Agreed
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    Yes. And perhaps limit number of posts per day as well.

If they're going to make it so easy to get an account, they should put a few more checks in place.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Agreed
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • KrisPerfectlyMeKrisPerfectlyMe Posts: 68 Member
    Why?
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Only problem is they can still comment :/ Also no earning badges until you are a member
    edited August 2014
    Hm. I think no discussions, whilst it would work, might be a little awkward especially if a rare poster likes to ask for lots of technical help :o
    Unless there were stickies around or FAQs to help.

Good point. I don't know then. Again, perhaps just a limit on the number of new topics that a new user can start per 24 hour period?
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • simsluvr90simsluvr90 Posts: 3,030 Member
    edited August 2014
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »

If they're going to make it so easy to get an account, they should put a few more checks in place.

Yahoo answers has a system like that. You earn points for answering peoples questions and getting agrees and depening on the points you can only post a certain amount
  • LegendaryLegendary Posts: 390 Member
    Why?

To stop them from doing what chikiames has been up to; posting lots of spam threads.

And yeah, we need stickied threads for discussion.
  • Candyr277Candyr277 Posts: 623 Member
    That doesn't solve the problem. They were able to post pictures anyway. So even if they couldn't start a new thread, the pictures could still go up. There is already a feature in place where you have to have 50 points in order to post pictures. They played the game to get their 50 points and then the wolf ripped off his sheep costume.
    "The great will not be constrained by the small." - BioShock

Unknown.jpeg

• jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    Why?

Because of the trolls that are posting large quantities of 🐸🐸🐸🐸 images over the past couple of days. In threads, creating new threads, in their avatars, on peoples' profile pages, etc.
  • LegendaryLegendary Posts: 390 Member
    Well, you make a fair point... but not all new members are bad people. I'm listed as a new member, but I've had a Sims Account since 2011, and I'm not a troller or anything of the sort.

It's pretty easy to become a proper member though with lots of posting. I'd rather have a somewhat strict system where 🐸🐸🐸🐸 doesn't get posted than a free-for-all of "hot" Bowser on Mario action.
  • metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    they should choose from pre-defined avatars, and with a significative negative count (-30 for example) lose all posting privileges.
    Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
  • AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    Agreed.
    Why?

We know it will be bad for new members, but you will get enough points to become a member fast enough and it will most likely reduce the "incidents".
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • AlizatinaAlizatina Posts: 2,189 Member
    I totes agree!

Though I'm starting to think the Mods will never win regardless!
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
    “It’s very dangerous,” she said, “falling in love with someone’s flaws.”
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    The thing is these trolls are super determined! They participated and EARNED their points all day long just to screw with the forums 10 hours later...
    simsluvr90 wrote: »
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »

Yahoo answers has a system like that. You earn points for answering peoples questions and getting agrees and depening on the points you can only post a certain amount

Yeah, I think it's a good idea. Either you put more checks in place or you make it harder to get in the door period. It seems too lax on both ends for the time being.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited August 2014
    Pains me to say it, but the majority of new posters are normal we shouldn't punish them all because of one sick troll. Or there could be a special new member section and they only get to post there at first. So at least they can post in some way .

Edit: seriously my ipad keeps turn my sentences into gibberish. Why would it change them to time? :\
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • CutiePie550CutiePie550 Posts: 406 Member
    > @Legendary said:
    > CutiePie550 wrote: »
    >
    > Well, you make a fair point... but not all new members are bad people. I'm listed as a new member, but I've had a Sims Account since 2011, and I'm not a troller or anything of the sort.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It's pretty easy to become a proper member though with lots of posting. I'd rather have a somewhat strict system where 🐸🐸🐸🐸 doesn't get posted than a free-for-all of "hot" Bowser on Mario action.

Oh, you become a member by posting? Thanks for the info!
    Check out my Cartoon Character CAS Creations (C.C.C.C.!) Thread --> http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/772908/cartoon-character-cas-creations-c-c-c-c/p1
    image_zps2aefd295.png
    I play The Sims, The Sims 2, The Sims 3, and The Sims 4 all on PC!!!
    I also play MySims and MySims Party on Wii!
  • BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited August 2014
    Badmagic wrote: »
    Initial guest account with no ability to add links, images etc and a post limit of 12 posts per 24 hours, upgradable to a proper member account with a full game key registration.

Banning by IP is a very bad idea due to ISP's using dynamic IP allocation and its why its practically never used outside of amateur sites.

Just quoting from a thread the other day to save typing it again, in the meantime, seeing as nobody has a key for a game thats not out yet no images, only links so some can at least be warned prior to clicking.

Will it solve it 100%? No, but its better than nothing and not as bad as some other options.

Oh, and from further in that thread.
    Badmagic wrote: »
    Shouldn't be any need to earn anything over, its normal on forums to have limited and hidden sub sections with restricted visibility or access.

If you register a #3 key you could have full member access to the #3 section, register a #4 key you get access to the #4 section and likewise, register #4 but not #3 and you only have guest access to the #3 section but full access to the #4 section etc.
  • AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    munchie885 wrote: »
    The thing is these trolls are super determined! They participated and EARNED their points all day long just to screw with the forums 10 hours later...

Then it posted nasty pictures, got flagged and lost their points and their Member rank.
    What happened: It couldn't post pictures anymore, so it is now using a nasty avatar and creating new threads.
    What should happen: It shouldn't be able to post pictures, its avatar should be automatically changed to the standard plumbob and it shouldn't be able to make new threads.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top