Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Username Change

Comments

• KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    I want to change my user name to beside 'Kartai' is not that girly (*)
  • AW35AW35 Posts: 37 Member
    edited August 2014
    Username changes == potential for things breaking, the feature would be nice though.

I too was unable to get my OriginID as my username.

Edit:

A similar discussion here.

(X-Ref for convenience)
  • MajestykMajestyk Posts: 2,624 Member
    I don't see why it would potentially break things @AW35 other sites allow it all the time and we have an ID code as well as a user name. Now if they are not done transferring things that is understandable but if they are done I would imagine that there wouldn't be an issue.
    edited June 2015
    Post edited by AW35 on
    I don't understand all that could be the fact I woke up at 4 but I know most people are just wanting to switch to their origin names since that's what the game uses in the Gallery. I know a few sites I've been on gave me options maybe not to change them but have a few to tick in the options like everything before the @ of my email or username and log in name. So there is possibilities to while not change your name to a custom name but switch it to the Origin version I know there will be some lay overs on user names. Mine wasn't available on Origin so I had to use numbers at the end. So to make sure there is no confusion they could have a symbol next to the name of a plumbob or the origin symbol depending on which site's username they were using.

Also if custom username changes were allowed there could be a limit on how many times you can change your name (4 times a year) or how soon you can change your name (after 30 days) or even putting a cost to it that's something the points could be used for though as of now once you get all the badges you can't really get any more points.
    edited June 2015
    Post edited by AW35 on
    I don't want to use my origin cause I don't want the extra numbers so I think people should have an option.
  • ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    Yeah, I want to change mine as well. I made this username when I was 16. I didn't think I'd be stuck with it for 5 years. Thank goodness the gallery uses our origin ID.

You don't love Stewie anymore? Let me tell you, if that's true, well that's one baby you don't want to make mad or mess with :)
  • ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    I can understand why they would not want to let people change names, especially with Sims being so large. You'd have a lot of names subject to recycling or if they didn't allow it, then you'd have a lot of good names go dead forever. Using Origin names is an options, but lots of EA game players don't play the Sims.

I can understand people wanting new names but changing them can be a hassle when people take advantage, (start flame wars change name, etc), and as a former database manager, you'd be surprised how fast name changes add up.
  • RubiesandRainbowsRubiesandRainbows Posts: 197 Member
    Maybe they could have it like I heard a different site had it, so that you can only change your name once a month or less... That would reduce the amount of people doing the troll then name change thing and would reduce the number of name changes. Plus you could make it so that people who use it to aid in trolling could be banned from name changes.

I'd like to change my name, 'cause I made this name when I was younger and I've picked up a screen name I use for everything now, and any site that I don't use it on annoys me slightly as I'm not who I think I am (sort of).
  • zxcynthiazxzxcynthiazx Posts: 41 Member
    edited August 2014
    I want to change my username
  • darkslytherindarkslytherin Posts: 57 Member
    I would also like to change my username to match my origin ID :( hopefully they will activate that feature in the future. I did notice there is a box for e-mail address too (the same kind of box, right below the username box) that I can't change right now.
  • GummiBearxGummiBearx Posts: 317 Member
    I should change mine, because I picked this username when I was 15 :neutral_face: I don't if I will though. I want to change my origin username more.
    2m2dkr9.jpg
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    What they should do is give an option to change Display Name (and have it be a unique display name so no two people can have the same one) and be able to connect this account to our Origin account if it it's different (like you can connect Facebook and/or Twitter to some sites).

That way people who want to change their Display name have the possibility of getting a new one (not necessarily equal to their Origin ID), won't break any forum code that's not tied to a number but to the username itself, and allows for people to more easily have their gallery known.
  • TrijuanaTrijuana Posts: 3 New Member
    I just has a "chat" with an EA representative that went like this:

Me: Would it be possible for me to change my Sims 4 forum username to my Origin ID?

Rep: I am so sorry to say but the ID can't be changed as the game has already been registered under the name...

Me: Can I re-register my game under a different name?

Rep: Had it been possible I would have loved to get this done for you .
    Rep: For re-registering the game you will have to buy a new game .
    Rep: And I would not suggest that as this will take your extra bucks .
    Rep: Sorry for the inconvenience 1

Me: I'm not trying to change the Origin ID, I want to change my Sims 4 username, which was automatically transferred from Sims 3.
    Me: When I pre-ordered my game it was purchased using my Origin ID, so why can't I use the same name in the forums?

Rep: I am sorry to say but this is not possible.

I was also told to check back after the weekend.

I like the idea that Seera1024 suggested about being able to use a display name instead.
  • KaileKaile Posts: 2,369 Member
    id like to make mine match my origin as well
  • WoozWorldGirl001WoozWorldGirl001 Posts: 6 New Member
    It would be nice if we could change our Sims 4 username. I really hate my username. lol
  • 123yaymexxevaxx123yaymexxevaxx Posts: 65 Member
    Same I soooooo wanna change mine i made it whilst watching suite life on deck as you can see :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    @WoozWorldGirl001 & @123yaymexxevaxx, you can change your names. Post on a moderators wall.

How to change your names: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13890686/#Comment_13890686

• amberlinwielangamberlinwielang Posts: 6 New Member
    I've found a way to change it. If you post a minimum of five posts it allows you to then change your username.
  • Miyu-Aoi-kunMiyu-Aoi-kun Posts: 4 New Member
    @amberlinwielang Have you tested this theory?
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    edited December 2015
    @amberlinwielang Have you tested this theory?

I don't think what they said is true as I have 6441 posts and haven't seen anything that allows someone to change their user name. They only way to have your user name change is to either post on a SimGuru/SimStaff page if you can't send them PM's or PM if you are a full member. When this site first started up last year in 2014, there was an option to do so but it didn't work and it got taken down.

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    edited December 2015
    did you pm @SimGuruDrake about your username change
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • ZemnodZemnod Posts: 99 Member
    I would like to change my name too, because my gamer tag, youtube channel and everything basically changed and it would be awesome to communicate with the name you are actually using right now, for people to be able to find you better
  • FemLobMeiFemLobMei Posts: 9 New Member
    It's probably not going to change anything, but I really want/need to change my username! I just needed to get that off my chest.