Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Member or new Member? Everything you need to know ;)

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I wondered why it said I was a member but yeah I saw it pop up.
  • katelynnmcdanielkatelynnmcdaniel Posts: 304 Member
    @O6BonO6 Is alright if I post a random picture on this thread to see if it works?
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    @O6BonO6 Is alright if I post a random picture on this thread to see if it works?

Sure thing ^^ As long as it's doesn't resemble the troll posts o.O lol
  • LadyEmelynLadyEmelyn Posts: 47 Member
    > @peoinee said:
    > LadyEmelyn wrote: »
    >
    > So as I'm a new member according to this new system, I cannot post images. So I can't post any new sims I create on the forums?

> Or is that okay?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Correct you can not post images until you get enough badges acquired by participating in a discussion on the forums....Many are going to want to beg for likes/ agrees/ LOLs but really if the community gives into this just to help members bypass the "new member" status it will give the hackers/spammers/trolls a new way to get into the forums
    > @06Bon06 said:
    > LadyEmelyn Yes, unfortunately you have to gain 30 points with aforementioned methods. I wish you luck- gave a like to help ^^ Unfortunately this needed to be done because of trolls

Thank you for responding! I understand why it's necessary to do so. I'm not much of a poster though, but I'll try to be a bit more active to achieve this. Thank you again :)
    siggy1.png
    Origin ID: LadyEmelyn

• LuckySkyLuckySky Posts: 1,054 Member
    I like the improvement. Hopefully this will prevent too much trolling.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I'm off to bed, would greatly appreciate it if you guys could keep this on the front page for new members or people that are just arriving ^^
  • peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    i have a feeling SOME of these badges are going to tie into the full ingame thing possibly ways to rate the creations or even some change to the website and personal pages that might happen when the game goes live and this is just the MAIN thing (the forums) that they had to get going to make sure it was working and fixing bugs and loop holes that need to be fixed
    06Bon06 wrote: »

Sure thing ^^ As long as it's doesn't resemble the troll posts o.O lol

Of course not lol id never do something like that.
    miss_Rose_Flower_1600x1200.jpg

Its just a rose
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    I'm off to bed, would greatly appreciate it if you guys could keep this on the front page for new members or people that are just arriving ^^

Ill be up a few hours ill respond when i see it but i wont bump lol
  • ShySimmer88ShySimmer88 Posts: 327 Member
    I have an ancient account floating around somewhere out there. I have no clue what email I even used, because I didn't use the forums way back then. I'll keep guessing!
    @katelynnmcdaniel

My that is a beautiful rose i love roses because they have some weird way of looking real and fake at the same time
    I have an ancient account floating around somewhere out there. I have no clue what email I even used, because I didn't use the forums way back then. I'll keep guessing!

LOL i created my account in 2009 and didnt make my first post till 2011 so dont feel bad
  • Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    rk800 wrote: »
    Shouldn't it just go by how long you've been here and not "points"? -__-

I had an account on the old site since 2012 (although I've been playing Sims games for over a decade) and I was only able to get it because some very friendly Simmers helped me out. The only problem is that a troll could just make an account, wait for their ability to post, and then troll. New users would also feel cheated.

ive been a simmer since 2000-01 but i only visited the the CC places in the sims 2 the sims 1 i didnt do any downloading and was not in any communities for either one unless i needed an account to download the CC i wanted....I was in my early 20s so i was working partying and doing all sorts of social things when i got home i just wanted to hide lol
    @peoniee yeah, roses are my favorite they are just so pretty especially red roses :)
  • brappl218brappl218 Posts: 150 Member
    I do like the new Forum but this is frustrating. I've been a member for over two years and had a helper badge in the other forum which is not currently in my profile. I do not have a lot of posts. So what I am understanding here is I need to toss out a ton of posts to get the points I need to be able to provide links to help people? That would be spamming and how is this going to stop trolls? Please, somebody agree or like my post, I need the points, lol.
    brappl
    NraasSignature.png
    rk800 wrote: »
    Shouldn't it just go by how long you've been here and not "points"? -__-

I had an account on the old site since 2012 (although I've been playing Sims games for over a decade) and I was only able to get it because some very friendly Simmers helped me out. The only problem is that a troll could just make an account, wait for their ability to post, and then troll. New users would also feel cheated.

well the "wait for the ability" would require them to be nice funny and accepted but we also believe flagging someone actually takes way some points (that is not confirmed)
    @peoniee yeah, roses are my favorite they are just so pretty especially red roses :)

I saw some gorgeous pink roses that had yellow fading to pink at the end of the petals and they were real
  • deibreakdeibreak Posts: 386 Member
    I was wondering what people were talking about with the member stuff. I also am glad to finally know what those points where all about. :p
  • Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    It would be great if new members couldn't flag posts, and maybe not even disagree.

I think this would not be fair to new members since many "new" members are people migrating from the old forums and are not actually new.
  • Situation171Situation171 Posts: 17 Member
    edited August 2014
    I honestly don't post ever! But I have had an account since 2009...My bad.
  • ChayaSarChayaSar Posts: 21 Member
    > @Situation171 said:
    > I honestly don't post ever! But I have had an account since 2009...My bad.

Yeah, feels kinda odd.
  • sophstar007sophstar007 Posts: 112 Member
    I see...that's why all of the buttons in my reply box have gone. So any more creations I make I cannot share with you all. That truly is sad :(
    293xf8g.jpg
  • metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    I see...that's why all of the buttons in my reply box have gone. So any more creations I make I cannot share with you all. That truly is sad :(

It will return quickly. achieving 50 points is not that hard, some likes and agrees and badges and you'll be there. Have 1 like from me.

Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top