Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share continued

Comments

• Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Zabeth0-Thanks for the comment.I'm looking foreward to being able to play the world.
    IreneSwift-I speed things up with my worlds by not adding lots in CAW and just add what I need to for a playable world.
    Scottish_lily-Hi there!
    LBell-Thanks for the comment.I love how it's turning out.
    bshty-Great looking sims!
    MayaRose1138-Hi there!I would post comments for a while and hope the count goes up.
    I'll get my update posted a little later.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited August 2014
    @LBell in your profile. Underneath your badges it lists username, join date, etc and in that list there is a section called points.

• Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Celiria wrote: »
    Okay this is weird, apparently you can agree, disagree, or lol. I understand having to agree or disagree but why is lol mixed in with that :?

Am I not allowed to agree with something and find it funny?

Yeah that one annoys me. I actually like the reactions system, despite it's abuse, overall I like it and using it but it annoys me that I can't liek and lol or agree and lol. It's weird.

• Options
    LBell wrote: »
    Celiria: Where are these points? I only see posts and rank.

You can view points on your profile.

• Options
    LBellLBell Posts: 3,511 Member
    TadOlson: No problem. I wish I had the patience to create worlds. :p Can't wait to see it in game.

Celiria: Oh I see. Hehe. I noticed as soon after I posted that.
  • Options
    I'll actually do comments later. I'm done with the forums for now, they're acting all screwy on me so I'll wait until they and myself are in a better mood. LOL.

I wanted to share one more simmie from my demo though.
    [img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-navSjYF7qd4/U-5OKC99QOI/AAAAAAAAA6E/ggIhZR5-Vis/w1043-h540-no/TS4CAS%2B2014-08-15%2B12-14-43-47.bmp[/img]
    Somebody made a thread last night about opposite gender twins wondering what the opposite gender twin sim would look like. I loved how this guy turned out, he's a keeper.

I posted her the other day, but just in case anybody is wondering what sim he was the twin of...
    TS4CAS%2B2014-08-15%2B02-01-38-64.bmp
  • Options
    LBell-I didn't think I'd ever want to create my own worlds though the only ones offered with the game were all populated and I ended up having no choice if I wanted to play empty worlds instead of having to deal with an unwelcome population.
    Here's a sample of today's work on terrain repainting.
    14743953440_e1427bf864_c.jpg
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    edited August 2014
    @MayaRose1138 You only needed 5 more points so I found your current posts and a few in the back pages and liked them and agreed so you now a member. Congrats. Post away my dear.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    @Scottish_Lily Welcome to this discussion.

@LBell I hope your game continues to work well. It seems like you've had all kinds of issues lately.

@bishty Have a great weekend.

@Colorist40 I also received notification that I'm now a member when I got on the forum today. I read some of the comments that were on my wall from other new “members” and it seems the most logical reason I came across for it is to put a stop to a certain person who had been posting inappropriate pictures. It seems we “members” may be the ones who've been active enough for long enough to be trusted to behave ourselves. The ones who weren't “promoted” likely will be subjected to moderation of their posts before the posts will actually appear on the forum. I've run across that technique before, and it works well to keep trouble out of the forums. If that's what's going on, it also means that any time someone gets reported, they can immediately put their posts on moderation while they investigate the complaints.

@Celiria Tabby looks like she's going to be a bit of a wild one.

Yes, I think they just instituted the member thing today. Probably the pictures that some members saw were what made them decide to do it. I'm glad I didn't see any of them. But I think I do remember reading, some time ago, about somebody posting obscene images in their studio, so it's not totally a new problem.

@MayaRose1138 You probably saw that you're a member now. I suppose they started out with making everybody new members until they went through the stats and chose who to make full-fledged members.

Congratulations on getting that new set. Going by the name, it sounds like a set that will really help the look of your game.

@TadOlson Are you aware that using the in-game world editor breaks the routing of the world, and can wreck your game? That's the biggest reason I did my edit of SV in CAW, because I always used to use the world editor to add lots. I won't touch the world editor now.

@dreamerz13 Interesting, although opposite gender twins are always fraternal, and fraternal twins don't usually look exactly alike. My twin sons are fraternal, and they don't look alike at all. There have been some idiots they've encountered from time to time who, when they told them they were twins, said they couldn't be twins.
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited August 2014
    @IreneSwift well since Zoe is more quiet I thought it would be good to have Tabby balance that out a bit. Plus when I used a name randomized for the name and then shortened it to Tabby I thought it would be fun to give a slight cat theme and make her more outgoing. The only thing better would be if I could have given her a shirt with a cat on it :P
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @Zabeth0

Yes. It killed me to not have proper hair for Elaine! D:
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    @Scottish_Lily Welcome to this discussion.

@LBell I hope your game continues to work well. It seems like you've had all kinds of issues lately.

@bishty Have a great weekend.

@Colorist40 I also received notification that I'm now a member when I got on the forum today. I read some of the comments that were on my wall from other new “members” and it seems the most logical reason I came across for it is to put a stop to a certain person who had been posting inappropriate pictures. It seems we “members” may be the ones who've been active enough for long enough to be trusted to behave ourselves. The ones who weren't “promoted” likely will be subjected to moderation of their posts before the posts will actually appear on the forum. I've run across that technique before, and it works well to keep trouble out of the forums. If that's what's going on, it also means that any time someone gets reported, they can immediately put their posts on moderation while they investigate the complaints.

@Celiria Tabby looks like she's going to be a bit of a wild one.

Yes, I think they just instituted the member thing today. Probably the pictures that some members saw were what made them decide to do it. I'm glad I didn't see any of them. But I think I do remember reading, some time ago, about somebody posting obscene images in their studio, so it's not totally a new problem.

@MayaRose1138 You probably saw that you're a member now. I suppose they started out with making everybody new members until they went through the stats and chose who to make full-fledged members.

Congratulations on getting that new set. Going by the name, it sounds like a set that will really help the look of your game.

@TadOlson Are you aware that using the in-game world editor breaks the routing of the world, and can wreck your game? That's the biggest reason I did my edit of SV in CAW, because I always used to use the world editor to add lots. I won't touch the world editor now.

@dreamerz13 Interesting, although opposite gender twins are always fraternal, and fraternal twins don't usually look exactly alike. My twin sons are fraternal, and they don't look alike at all. There have been some idiots they've encountered from time to time who, when they told them they were twins, said they couldn't be twins.

@IreneSwift Unfortunately you get points for every like, agree or lol button a person pushes on your posts and you only need 50 points so don't see how this is going to keep people responsible. A troll could like others have said post something get a bunch of likes, and voila they have enough to be a member. We need a better system. 50 points isn't enough that is for sure.

I just think this whole system is ripe for abuse. Someone was being in my opinion rude, and you know me, I don't go out of my way to be offensive and don't respond offensively even if I think someone is rude, lol at least I don't think so lol, and someone reported me as spamming. I have a 1 under spam, because on that persons rude post I wrote rude much? Get enough spam or reports because someone doesn't like what you have to say you could be banned, for a bit, and or permanently. If moderators have to go through flags of people who didn't really deserve the flags, it takes the moderators more time to ban the ones who really should be banned (I saw one of those disgusting pics have to scrub my eyes out with bleach now). This system is just going to be abused and already is.
  • Options
    IreneSwift-I'm aware that can be an issue for those who got their game in the earlier days before World Adventures was released and those who bought the base game when Pets got released would likely have fewer issues with that.I've never had that issue myself unless I used it in an EA world and got too carried away in adding and removing lots to place new ones down.I could have the world editing mode break routing if I just changed every lot in an EA world while making a few smaller changes does no damage.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    dreamerz: I like them.

TadOlson: Yes that is fair enough then. Looks good.

IreneSwift: Thank you. I remember you mentioned that you have the R9 200 series? (Sorry I didn't reply to that post). I have the same series but I honestly did not expect so many problems. It seems to be happening in other games now too. I know how to show the FPS for sims, but not other games. Does anyone have any thoughts on a free program to show the FPS on other games? I used fraps but it lagged my games.

Edit: Nevermind. I found out that AMD Evolved has a built in FPS tracker.
  • Options
    Update on the status of my games: Angela just finished the MorcuCorp chain, the other one none of my sims has ever been able to complete. I'm pretty sure now that it's traveling from one country to another with an incomplete adventure opportunity in their queue that makes them drop because none have ever dropped that didn't involved travel before completion. With level 3 visas for all countries before she ever left home, Angela was able to complete the chain without having to leave Egypt before it was finished. It took her 7 days just for that one adventure chain, longer than any of my adventuring sims have ever taken on a single chain. And she's playing at a relativity setting of 50% of regular speed, slower than I play most of my games. She has finished all tomb/cave adventures in China, so won't need to go back there again, except to try and find some collectible relics she missed the first time through. It looks like there may also be some hidden/unlisted tombs I didn't know about too, because she's missing some of the tomb collections. I will be hunting them down and finding them before I lay Angela to rest.

She has all but one of the Egyptian tomb relics, and that one is at Abu Simbel, where I left her in progress when I last quit my game, a couple of hours ago. She'll have it soon after I get back to her. I hope she gets the last gold figurine collectible she needs there too. She found one copy of it there already, but had to place it a pedestal next to the chest it was in, in order to be able to advance in the tomb.

As I mentioned to Zabeth in my comments a couple of pages back, I felt really motivated to take whatever time it takes to get Justice and Jason back to all of the tombs where they've missed rooms and relics, because it would be a shame for them to have all of those nice, big houses and so few collectibles to display there, while Angela has so many, and is never again going to see the light of day once she finishes exploring. But I've changed my mind. Playing Angela has reminded me how much simpler it is to explore with a single sim, even though there are a few things that can only be done by two explorers working together. So, I've decided that once Angela has finished all explorations and I'm ready to get back with the Morgans, I'll finish up whatever they can do without doing a lot of back and forth travel, trying to pick up dropped opportunities, and have them start their family. I'll save Angela, with all of her collections, to the library and place her in their household just long enough to transfer all of her relics to them, so they'll have them to display. And I will choose one of their children to be my next single explorer.

As she grows up, she will work on all of the skills, and get all of the LTR's, that will help her with exploring. She will also collect things, in her home world, and in her family's vacations in the other countries, that are necessary for certain adventures, but very hard to get, like mummitomium, and save them up for those adventures. When she reaches young adulthood, she will move out to a new game, taking a sister or brother with her. She will be ready to leave for her first trip overseas for adventuring immediately, and leave the sibling behind at home until she is ready for an adventure in which she needs an assistant. Then her sibling will join her, help her out, and go back home.

I also plan to have her do some of the non-exploration adventure opportunities as a teen, if that can be done, so that when she goes on her first solo trip, she will already have a high enough visa level to avoid having to return home in the middle of any adventure chain. She also won't buy any actual houses in any of the countries until she has done the chains that require travel to complete all the steps, so that I can more easily place her and her sibling in a new game, if necessary to fix a dropped opportunity glitch, like I had to do with Angela.

But unlike Angela, this daughter of Justice and Jason will have a normal life outside of adventuring, like her parents, and I will keep playing her as she ages, and eventually marries and has a family of her own. But I do think I'm going to be taking a break before I take up her new game, once it's set up, because I am getting adventured out! I am ready for the Morgans to have a normal life!
  • Options
    @Colorist40 OK, so how did I get 82 points? Did some of you guys go back and "like" all of everybody's posts in this thread?
  • Options
    EatCheesEatChees Posts: 1,378 Member
    Just a little update. Here is one of the locations I made for my story. Still not sure what I should do for chapter 1 yet, but I'm trying to come up with some cool ideas.

Screenshot-9.jpg
    Screenshot-20-2.jpg
    Screenshot-18-1.jpg
    Screenshot-12-1.jpg
    Screenshot-13.jpg
    Sig.png
  • Options
    EatChees: I like it.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    @Colorist40 OK, so how did I get 82 points? Did some of you guys go back and "like" all of everybody's posts in this thread?

I would like to say yes and take credit for that, but I am innocent sadly of that lol. I did not even know about this system until about an hour ago and how it works per other simmers lol. That is how I knew that Maya needed 50 points lol.

Now that you have given me the idea ha ha ha. Personally though even if I were to do that what would it do? You already a member lol.
  • Options
    Sara2573Sara2573 Posts: 295 Member
    I feel like new members should have their account for a certain amount of time before they are promoted to the member rank.

@IreneSwift - That sounds like a good plan. It's nice that their daughter will have a normal life outside of adventuring too. :)
    @EatChees - It looks nice!
  • Options
    EatChees wrote: »
    Just a little update. Here is one of the locations I made for my story. Still not sure what I should do for chapter 1 yet, but I'm trying to come up with some cool ideas.

Screenshot-9.jpg
    Screenshot-20-2.jpg
    Screenshot-18-1.jpg
    Screenshot-12-1.jpg
    Screenshot-13.jpg

Wow it would be great to do a whole sim story underwater if it were possible, which it probably isn't lol. Regardless I love the statue of the mermaid and the pics themselves.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I am feeling like a change of gameplay. I am going to recreate a new sim and give Wesker a break. (I hate to say that...) Haha. :p

Here is my new sim. His name is John Mitchell. ;) He is a vampire who wants to try Being Human. :D

2z7j5sg.jpg
    vdfrs9.jpg

He was once a cold blooded killer. But he wanted to put it all behind him and come off the human blood. 50 years it has been since he has taken 1 drop of it. He lives off of hospital blood which isn't as fresh as the real thing... every day he is almost inches to breaking it and finding fresh human blood... but it is his desire to be human that stops him. He is cursed with being a vampire.. he only wishes he could be human once more.

6edugz.jpg

I probably won't stick with him. I will miss Wesker and Jackson too much.
    Post edited by LBell on
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Donnovan discovered an Island while vacationing in Isla Paradiso.
    30cbng1.jpg
    2hwiidg.jpg

They decided to live on it while on vacation.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    AiHaou: Awesome.
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    edited August 2014
    Colorist40 wrote: »
    @MayaRose1138 You only needed 5 more points so I found your current posts and a few in the back pages and liked them and agreed so you now a member. Congrats. Post away my dear.

Thank you to you, Celiria and dreamerz13 (and anyone else) for the likes and agreeing :). I've been out this morning and have only got back now to see what's been going on. My profile says my points are right on 50 at the time of posting this, so I guess we'll see if it worked!

Edit: yes, I'm a member!! Good, now I can go find those pics and post them for all of you lovely people :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top