Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Member or new Member? Everything you need to know ;)

Comments

• nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Thanks for the info and also thanks for liking my posts and making me a member <3
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    blunote00 wrote: »
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    I_am_bean wrote: »
    Here's another question. Though this new system of "dislikes" helps keep out the riffraff, does this not also open the floodgates for trolls to just go around "disliking" everyone's posts and thus bring everyone's scores down?

Do dislikes have a negative impact on scores?
    Yes they do but as you can see Dislike is disabled. The Disagree button is enabled. However, it doesn't promote or bury the post or give any points. It's not as "negative" as a Dislike which will cost the member -1 point and will bury a post.

The Vanilla forums is new and has lots of features that are being turned off/on to see what is effective or ineffective in reference to behavior. There's more automation with this system like spam filtering, etc... Whatever is not apart of the base code for Vanilla would have to be added by the web team devs via testing and implementation.

Features that haven't been enabled may be down the line but in waves. The system does have some troll preventive measures but keep in mind things are continuously being adjusted.
    There was a dislike? I just messed up my words hehe :) Thank you :) I found that out by using I_am_bean as a test subject lol
  • I_am_beanI_am_bean Posts: 1,568 Member
    @nanashi-sims I really like your avi! He is good looking legacy material ;)
  • carla70carla70 Posts: 575 Member
    I hope dates of peoples posts will come soon.
    Quelsimmy wrote: »
    Update: Getting flagged for spam or abuse lowers your points with 1

Yes you are right, ;)@I_am_bean lol

That just opens a whole new opportunity for trolls. Would be good if 'New members' couldn't flag for spam and abuse :/
  • ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    edited August 2014

That just opens a whole new opportunity for trolls. Would be good if 'New members' couldn't flag for spam and abuse :/

It's not just trolls though, it's also people that are childish enough to think that when someone has a different opinion, they're harrasing you.
    keep on keepin' on
  • almondalmond Posts: 153 Member
    > @carla70 said:
    > I hope dates of peoples posts will come soon.

Me too. It's helpful in a forum... o_o.
  • CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    This thread is so helpful thank you, Ea really do need to inform us about the new features though it shouldn't be left to The Simmers to inform the community. :)
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

@06Bon06 Hopefully they will adjust this minor oversight with giving trolls the key to the forums lol. BTW what are points good for besides "member" status? Will they go toward free content for the game or what not?
    chider1234 wrote: »

It's not just trolls though, it's also people that are childish enough to think that when someone has a different opinion, they're harrasing you.

If you look on my page what I was flagged for :/
    Either they should sort this out or moderate it better so you can have unnecessary flags removed.
  • SirenHartSirenHart Posts: 272 Member
    I am not sure how everyone else had to register, but I did through my Origin account which has all my Sims 3 games registered, which is also connected to Sims 3 my Page. How on earth are the spammers doing it? Just making up random stuff? What I mean is, shouldn't it be pretty easy to stop the trolls if EA did not allow anyone with out at least one game linked to their Origin account to simply not post? I am probably over thinking it.
    Luckily I did not have to suffer the terrible posts. I have adblocker and I think I started lurking on this site's new forum after the ranking system began. I can understand the need for a ranking system, I just hope it continues to work to keep such content off of the Sims site.
    Interested in Resident Evil (BioHazard) Builds and Sims?
    Look for my Origin ID:
    There is no Custom Content in my game, so all uploads are 100% CC FREE!
    Charliimai wrote: »
    This thread is so helpful thank you, Ea really do need to inform us about the new features though it shouldn't be left to The Simmers to inform the community. :)

Welcome, well our forums rules are literally pasted from the Sims 3 so I wouldn't hold my breath lol :)
    @06Bon06 Hopefully they will adjust this minor oversight with giving trolls the key to the forums lol. BTW what are points good for besides "member" status? Will they go toward free content for the game or what not?

Nope, it's just a feature to stop trolls from posting what sonic does behind closed doors ;)
    keep on keepin' on

If you look on my page what I was flagged for :/
    Either they should sort this out or moderate it better so you can have unnecessary flags removed.

You were flag and reported for having an opinion. Absurd.
    edited August 2014
    @I_am_bean

For now, not much that we are aware of. I guess they wanted to create a 'fun' competition or something. You can also try to just be on the leader-board. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/activity

But that's it
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    This is a great system. Just hope they can figure out a way to stop people from abusing the flag post.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3

Nope, it's just a feature to stop trolls from posting what sonic does behind closed doors ;)

I will never see Sonic the same again. My childhood icon has been tarnished.

SirenHart wrote: »
    I am not sure how everyone else had to register, but I did through my Origin account which has all my Sims 3 games registered, which is also connected to Sims 3 my Page. How on earth are the spammers doing it? Just making up random stuff? What I mean is, shouldn't it be pretty easy to stop the trolls if EA did not allow anyone with out at least one game linked to their Origin account to simply not post? I am probably over thinking it.
    Luckily I did not have to suffer the terrible posts. I have adblocker and I think I started lurking on this site's new forum after the ranking system began. I can understand the need for a ranking system, I just hope it continues to work to keep such content off of the Sims site.

According to some that tested earlier you didn't even need a valid email to get into the forums. No games are currently needed just an account.

• AlmightyBlahAlmightyBlah Posts: 137 Member
    Forgive me if this has already been addressed: But do posted images now need to be cleared before they show up?
    I tried posting some images in another thread and they're still showing up as URLs with BBCode (I don't think I screwed it up, since it worked in the preview).
  • SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member

According to some that tested earlier you didn't even need a valid email to get into the forums. No games are currently needed just an account.

so this mean's anyone with an origin account who doesn't play sims at all can come onto these forums? O.o
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
    nekobear wrote: »

so this mean's anyone with an origin account who doesn't play sims at all can come onto these forums? O.o

Pretty much

@AlmightyBlah Not sure, you should be able to post just fine. I'll try posting something in a min :)
  • SirenHartSirenHart Posts: 272 Member

Well, that was a huge oversight, surely they will fix it... right? ;)
    Interested in Resident Evil (BioHazard) Builds and Sims?
    Look for my Origin ID:
    There is no Custom Content in my game, so all uploads are 100% CC FREE!
  • PixelatedPlumbobPixelatedPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    @I_am_bean

For now, not much that we are aware of. I guess they wanted to create a 'fun' competition or something. You can also try to just be on the leader-board. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/activity

But that's it
    Why on earth is that piece of crap pguida on top?
    @AlmightyBlah This is a selfie moment :P my-precious_zps71b6421d.jpg

12/10 you win :lol:
    keep on keepin' on
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top