Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share continued

Comments

• Sara2573Sara2573 Posts: 295 Member
    edited August 2014
    I finally got Origin to work. I had to find a different way to install it. All the Sims you guys are making look great!

Here's just a few other comments:

@Bishty - Have a good weekend!
    @Scottish_Lily - Hello, Lily! :)
    @Colorist40 - Great Shrek & Fiona update! Lots of emotions going around.
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    Good news I was just informed I was promoted to level 3 and I am now a member lmbo. What does this mean except I have the notification of member under my avi lol. These badges, and promotions are useless as far as I can tell. Anybody know what they mean? I think if we are going to be promoted we should get some simpoints or something for it. <3
    edited August 2014
    @Colorist40 - I don't know what the ranks are yet. I feel like it might have to do with the number of points a member has, but maybe not. I don't have a rank yet. :(

Edit: I hope it at least helps keep those gross pictures off the forums.
    edited August 2014
    Sara2573 wrote: »
    @Colorist40 - I don't know what the ranks are yet. I feel like it might have to do with the number of points a member has, but maybe not. I don't have a rank yet. :(

I just get a hearty laugh out of these useless things. I saw one of those nasty pics, and hope never to see another. Some people are just too sick to be alive lol. I don't think these promotions will do anything about keeping those nasty people off the forums. Honestly I never understood the joy these 🐸🐸🐸🐸 get from posting dirty pics or flaming threads or trolling in general. I know I need a life, but these guys need one even more than I do if they think that stuff is fun or funny. "rolling eyes"

Thanks for the comments on my Shrek story. Hope you are enjoying it.
    Yay omg I'm sooo glad I found you all lol. I've finally found my way over here from the sims3 site after time away and am shocked to find that the forums have been shut down so thank goodness I found my home away from home again. For those that were in the ~ share stories forum in sims3 ~ I was known as Dream_Walker27 so hello again old friends and to those that I am yet to meet ~ Hello my name is Lily..

Waves enthusiastically. Welcome, welcome, welcome. Come back often. Glad to have you.

edited August 2014
    I think the joy is mostly from getting a reaction out of people. You are lucky you only saw one. I ended up coming across several. :(

Edit: I took the quote out of my post and added a New Member/Member explanation below.
  • CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited August 2014
    Colorist40 wrote: »
    Good news I was just informed I was promoted to level 3 and I am now a member lmbo. What does this mean except I have the notification of member under my avi lol. These badges, and promotions are useless as far as I can tell. Anybody know what they mean? I think if we are going to be promoted we should get some simpoints or something for it. <3

Lol, i was just going to ask the same thing. I just got a notification that "you are now a member" and I'm like.... yeah... I've been around her for over a year I thought this was obvious :p

No idea what it means.

bishty wrote: »
    Emily4331 Well I disagree but I don't think this is the right place to get into a debate about it. I doubt EA'd change anything anyway :P

Zabeth0 Thanks :D I actually have to confess that I did crack and buy the whole game... please don't judge me :P lol

IreneSwift
    Thanks, I'll check that out when I get back (I'm about to go away for the weekend).
    Thank you, that means a lot :D I'm sure your sim was great :P

Just two more sims before I leave to the Land of No Internet for the weekend :P I stumbled across this CAS challenge thing on the website and it said make a sim you'd like to date. Well I made two, for reasons that will become obvious, and here they are :P
    87J0Nny.pngw7UFVaV.pngcg9hXO8.pngK9WsRVQ.png
    I randomised Cheyenne's name but Felix's name is a slight play on an alternative Latin name for a domestic cat, as I'm a huge cat lover :P
    Hope you're all well!

No offense although your sims look great I am not a cat lover. Allergic to them. They cause me to have asthma. So have no choice lol.

I like Felix's looks though. He is a hot nerdy looking guy. Glasses in my opinion make people nerdy, not that they aren't still good looking, but makes stupid people smart just by placing glasses on them lol.

You caved and bought the game based on CAS "mouth falls open and hits floor" lol. It did the exact opposite for me. I realized if this is one of the big things they were hyping besides emotions, and being so incomplete, I can only imagine the game. I know they said there will be more in CAS when game releases, but I don't think it is as much as they claim. I have it, am glad I have it, but really I find most of the sims are looking pretty much the same at least the ones I make, it is limited so I can't make hubby and myself the way we are, and it isn't as fun as I hoped. Then again even if it was fun, I can't pay that much for such a stripped down game. I think they made it too much of an rpg than sandbox, and I prefer playing sandbox style. But hey I hope you have hours of fun playing it, and it doesn't become an expensive Frisbee ha ha ha.
    edited August 2014
    Colorist40 wrote: »

I just get a hearty laugh out of these useless things. I saw one of those nasty pics, and hope never to see another. Some people are just too sick to be alive lol. I don't think these promotions will do anything about keeping those nasty people off the forums. Honestly I never understood the joy these 🐸🐸🐸🐸 get from posting dirty pics or flaming threads or trolling in general. I know I need a life, but these guys need one even more than I do if they think that stuff is fun or funny. "rolling eyes"

Thanks for the comments on my Shrek story. Hope you are enjoying it.

@Colorist40 Sadly there are a lot of people like that on the internet, I just heard from my mom recently that apparently a couple people photoshopped and sent pictures of Robin Williams hanging himself to his daughter via twitter. It just makes my skin crawl that there are actually people like that out there.

New sim incoming.

Meet Tabby (short for Tabitha Casey)

tabby-close.png

tabby.png

I figured when the game comes out and I start playing with Zoe it would be nice for her to have a friend, though I am still debating whether I am going to set Tabby as a neighbor or a roommate.

and here is a picture of the two of them together

blake-and-tabby.png
    Stosh117 wrote: »

New Members: Will have to earn the full Member title by participating in the forums, things such as post count,activity and likes/agrees could influence your rank. Restrictions, no posting of content such images and external links.

Members: Have no restrictions.
    I think the joy is mostly from getting a reaction out of people. You are lucky you only saw one. I ended up coming across several. Apparently (I don't know if it is true) they were also posting pictures of dead animals yesterday.

Also..I just saw this post.
    Ebuchala- "Someone with a new member rank can't post pictures or links. Not sure about flagging. That would be interesting to find out. Don't know yet how many posts you need to become a regular member. Hopefully over 10. "

@Sara2573 well that's outright false, I just got my member thing today (at least according to the notification) but I posted pictures earlier this week.

@Celiria Didn't they just add the ranks though?
    edited August 2014
    @Celiria Didn't they just add the ranks though?

@Sara2573 Don't know, I never really thought about it until I got the notification. Maybe it is just that they added it today.

edit: If they did just add it though it's a good sign, it means they are still adding features to the new forum. Hopefully they will add signatures and trash the obnoxious green next :)
    @Celiria - I'm pretty sure it was just today. I was reading posts in the Sims 4 General Discussions and people started to see a rank with stars under their avatar. After that, it was changed to show "Rank: New Member" or "Rank: Member".
    edited August 2014
    @Sara2573 Have to say I'm fine with the whole member/non-member thing if it means less idiot posts. But I really hope they don't add any ranking system in. That will just cause fighting and superiority complexes.

@Celiria New members also won't be able to post pictures of their game for awhile though. I agree about the ranking/promotion system. It doesn't seem necessary and there's already enough arguing in the forums. :|
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    > @Sara2573 said:
    > Stosh117 wrote: »
    >
    >
    > New Members: Will have to earn the full Member title by participating in the forums, things such as post count,activity and likes/agrees could influence your rank. Restrictions, no posting of content such images and external links.
    >
    > Members: Have no restrictions.

Well, I hope that I'm now a member or that might severely limit what I can post about my two stories! I went backs few pages and saw that I was listed as a new member but Sara2573, you've done about the same amount of posts as me and you're a member. Go figure! I can understand the restrictions but I also wish that if they're going to do things like this, they would let people know how to become members.

On the upside, thanks to Zabeth and Colorist, I was able to get the Tudor of Tudor set for free yesterday!!!! It is currently on sale, which I didn't know about, but when Zabeth gifted me a couple of things from it, I checked and bingo!! So I did a bit of decorating in a new house - as my Rainbow family aren't affluent enough yet to own all the stuff in the set - and I'll post pics later today if the forum will let me :). Now I can use those points I saved to buy the Count M coat, which I can use not only for my Sherlock game when I start it (provided I can get the cc house I found to actually download), but for the special guest father that I'm going to use in the Alphabet game after the plant sim one :). Although he comes with a special house too and I just have to find the right sized lot to put it on...
  • LBellLBell Posts: 3,511 Member
    Woo, hi members...
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Okay, I'm only a new member apparently so please ignore me if I go through some posts liking and lol-ing, otherwise it may be a while before I can post any pictures!
    Okay, I'm only a new member apparently so please ignore me if I go through some posts liking and lol-ing, otherwise it may be a while before I can post any pictures!

Like and lol away. ;)
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited August 2014

LOL. I'm not sure if you have to like and lol, or if you have to get them yourselves, there's so much speculation right now. Imma like some of your posts. Agree actually, somebody elsewhere has the theory you need the 5 agrees badge (Maybe any of those badges will work) idk if it was proved true or false or not, but we'll see.

Edit: Okay, I did 5 likes, we'll try that badge, hopefully it gets you enough points to post properly.
    @MayaRose1138 from what I've read it seems that you need 50 points to become a member. You currently have 32 so I am going to temporarily break my rule of ignoring the like and agree system and like, agree, and lol your post in the hopes that it helps you become a member so you can post pictures again :)

Celiria: Where are these points? I only see posts and rank.
    Okay this is weird, apparently you can agree, disagree, or lol. I understand having to agree or disagree but why is lol mixed in with that :?

Am I not allowed to agree with something and find it funny?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top