Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Friendly Simmers here, having a chat, won't you join us?

Comments

• pattyheartpattyheart Posts: 284 Member
    I am happy to see that this friendly thread has moved to the new forum! Now that we have recently moved up from 'dial up' to 'satellite internet' it is possible to really take part in the forums and to actually get to know my fellow friendly simmers. My Sims3 Sim Self is on a mission to experience all that she can in Sims 3 before she is moved into Sims 4. She has made some new (to me!) discoveries and is trying things she had not yet tried (such as moonlighting as a bartender) and looking for new ways to experience game play.
    My Origin ID is PattyHeart <3 Find me at Twitter as animatedword <3
  • Melmel2362Melmel2362 Posts: 278 Member
    Hi everyone! So glad to have the forums back!
  • XaneritheXanerithe Posts: 275 Member
    Hi guys I've been a huge sims fan for a long time I didn't post much on the forums but I want to change that, I know there is a lot of anger going on with The Sims 4 but I am still looking forward to it and I know I will enjoy it.
  • MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    edited August 2014
    Is it bad that the only reason I'm looking forward to tomorrow's existence is because I'll be getting pizza?
    44444.gif
  • XaneritheXanerithe Posts: 275 Member
    edited August 2014
    Is it bad that the only reason I'm looking forward to tomorrow's existence is because I'll be getting pizza?

Of course not! Pizza is life!

Why does it say plum I said P I Z Z A
  • MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    Xanerithe wrote: »

Of course not! Pizza is life!

Why does it say plum I said P I Z Z A

I know right? I guess pizza (gasp) is a dirty word now.
    44444.gif
  • krimsonnoxkrimsonnox Posts: 6,143 Member
    edited August 2014
    Well...Hello ya'll...... I am disoriented as this is my first stroll to these new forums. While I am happy to have the thread fixed i am very unhappy to be forced to move to a new site. I feel like they are trying to force me over to Sims 4 and I am still trying to just ignore it.

Not to mention this bright plumbob green background is giving me a headache. lol

Anyway ....I had a wonderful trip in NOLA. It is a shame the excitement has begun to fade today as i just am not in a good mood today. However i will try to pretend it's a few days ago when we first got back.....

The trip was awesome. Exactly what i needed. I was so worried i would feel like a stranger in my city...but i just melted into the role of local pretty easily. We decided to stay in the French quarter which is probably what made it such a nice experience. Getting to wake up and just walk out the hotel and be on royal street was just like living in a good dream. I was actually crying in tears, but happy tears much of the first three days. Just felt so good to be home. We hated to leave and ended up extending the trip 3 days.

Yes Ivinian i certainly tried my best to fill up on all the Louisiana food i could. We ate at so many great places, though word for anyone going to New Orleans, don't waste your time with K-Paul's Louisiana Kitchen. Despite being Chef Paul Prudhomme's restaurant it was like cafeteria food....and expensive.

I even found boiled crabs twice and crawfish once even though the season ended in june/july. I loved it so much!!! Missed that seafood! We also ate a ton of catfish and shrimp. Quick recommendations of places...Deanie's,Coop's,Harbour Seafood, Franky and Johnny's, Maspero's, Fiorella's, Nonna Mia, Mandina's and for fast food but quality chicken try Raising Cane's. :)

In addition I had to bring kiddo to Angelo Brocato's for gelato. He loved it! Which meant a lot to me as it is a treasured childhood memory.
    We also went for beignets several times at Cafe Du Monde, as it was in walking distance from the hotel.

Seeing the city again with him and showing him things and kind of seeing it through new eyes again. I think i bonded with my son and I bonded again with my city. It was so good for my soul and i think my kid got see a part of me that hasn't been shown before out of the city. I was told by the kid and hubby that they had never seen me happier. And i felt it.

I tried to bring the city home with me some, went to Evan's candies shop in the french market and bought two boxes of pralines....they are my favorite candy.

WE did more may expand this post and tell ya'll more if you are interested..lol but i better shut it for now.

We loved it so much we are booked to go again for Mardi Gras!

As for the sims...I brought my laptop with me and played Simcity offline when i was in the room some. I have been playing Simcity more again since. I also played Sims 2 some and i was having fun with that. I need to post pics of my pink house i made.

I haven't gotten back to the sims 3 yet, thanks to Mystic i have the Amour venue. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet though but I will and will post my thoughts on it.

I also bought my last batch of points to buy up what i had left to buy. I will gift out the rest, probably mostly to a good real life friend who is now playing the game.

I am going to miss the sims 3 site. I have to backup and download everything ASAP but i haven't wanted to bother. Just not feeling it as I have been reading comics!!! lol :)

Oh well guess i should orient myself with this stupid forum.
    :(

Oh wow look at all these new faces in our humble old thread..lol Should say Hi, Welcome ya'll, don't mind my grumping about and help yourself to the Tri Tip all sliced up on the counter...:)
  • rumbutterrumbutter Posts: 3,756 Member
    *WAVES* to krimsonnox
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Hi there krimsonnix,I missed coming here.I've had to fix a major UL protest bug affecting all of my games and it was a very big job getting that fixed.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • pandaincognitopandaincognito Posts: 5 New Member
    I have been trying to get my computer to work with my sims game for the past two months and finally everything is running smoothly. Dowloading pets as we speak and i'm so anxious to get this game moving that I am up at for in the morning, watching the download count slowly rise. Browsing forums, scrolling through the store, and occasionlly reading a little bit from creepypasta. It's almost done and I am so happy. It's creepy how much I love this game. I'm hoping to meet some friends that I can add to my origin who I can share and trade designs and lots with.
  • BD5141BD5141 Posts: 3,044 Member
    edited August 2014
    Hey everybody I am so happy to see our Sim pals again and happy to see some that we haven't seen in a while and happy to meet our new Simmers too. I've been up hoping they would show something today on Sims 4 at Gamescom but so far no luck

Krim
    I'm so glad you had such a good time in NO, I can relate to how you must have felt. I miss home more everyday and it just seems like everytime I'm going to get to go back to Ohio something happens to stop us from going. I understand why you are feeling depressed now I'm sure I would feel the same way. I've tried to get my hubby to move from here but I don't think that is going to happen heck I would even consider moving to Florida since he wants the warm weather but he isn't going to budge. Sorry didn't mean to go on about myself. I too have been playing Sims 2 and boy it has such great memories and to me it has always had the better play to it compared to Sims 3. It's almost 5am I guess I should go and lay back down since it doesn't look like we are going to get any more info at Gamescom. Sending you some virtual Simmer hugs.
    Hello TadOlsen, thanks for the welcome back , so happy you have your game working again.

Hello Panda..may i call you Panda? lol Welcome to the thread if i haven't said it before. It is a lot of fun to share your game on here so i hope not everyone disappears and goes off to the sims 4 forums.

Hello BD. I know you miss Ohio since you have moved. I hope you get to go home soon if only to visit. It had been so many yrs for us. I vow not to go 5 yrs between visits again.

I finally have all the things i have downloaded installed in my game. Have yet to go play but i think that will happen tonight.

Hopefully my game doesn't explode from all the new lots i got off of the exchange.
  • robotpanda34robotpanda34 Posts: 3,387 Member
    krimsonnox wrote: »
    Hello TadOlsen, thanks for the welcome back , so happy you have your game working again.

Hello Panda..may i call you Panda? lol Welcome to the thread if i haven't said it before. It is a lot of fun to share your game on here so i hope not everyone disappears and goes off to the sims 4 forums.

Hello BD. I know you miss Ohio since you have moved. I hope you get to go home soon if only to visit. It had been so many yrs for us. I vow not to go 5 yrs between visits again.

I finally have all the things i have downloaded installed in my game. Have yet to go play but i think that will happen tonight.

Hopefully my game doesn't explode from all the new lots i got off of the exchange.
    You can call me panda:)
    Hi there everybody,I've been working in CAW today to get my new world closer to being finished.
    14922997045_9649430a7a_c.jpg
    TadOlson wrote: »
    Hi there everybody,I've been working in CAW today to get my new world closer to being finished.
    14922997045_9649430a7a_c.jpg

Let me guess its a desert town/city?
    It's a desert town and I wanted one to play in and the easiest way to get one without the population is to build it my self in CAW.
    TadOlson wrote: »
    It's a desert town and I wanted one to play in and the easiest way to get one without the population is to build it my self in CAW.
    Cool i wanted a desert town for a runway teen challenge.
    I hope this has been a good day for everyone and that you were able to find some Sim time. I am still trying to get used to my new computer, windows 8 is SO different from Vista! My plan is to leave Sims 3 on the old PC and will install Sims 4 on this one.

These past two days I have spent a lot of time with the Sims 4 CAS demo. So glad we will be able to use the Sims we create there. I've enjoyed meeting a few more Simmers there. My screen name there is the same as here If any of you have shared Sims there I would love to see them. Took me a while to see that we can use 'hash tags' to find and to help others find specific types of Sims.

With Sims 3 bringing new Sims into a community adds a lot of interest and keeps the town fresh and growing. It will be even easier to choose and move new Sims into Sims 4.

• BD5141BD5141 Posts: 3,044 Member
    edited August 2014
    Hey everybody
    Well I'm eating lunch and decided to take a few minutes to see what every one is up to, me I've been doing laundry and cleaning house most of the day so fa,r but want to get some Simming in today too. This thread will always be home to me that's for sure even with Sims 4 forum this will be my place to mainly be.

Tad
    I can't wait to see your new world that you are working on. I've tried many times to make a world and I just can't seem to get the roads to do what I want or guess I should say I really don't understand how to move them around. I start making a road and it just goes everywhere and not where I want it to go. Maybe you can give me so ideas on what I keep doing wrong. Don't forget to show us what you have done. Happy Simming

Pattyheart
    Hi and welcome to our little section of the forum. We are always happy when we have new Simmers join us. Can't wait to hear about you and your Simmies.

Krim
    Hey gal. Have you played any of Sims 2? I have to say Sims 2 to me is still the best as far as game play and I love in Sims 2 how the Sims will look up at you like what are you doing and Sims 3 has the better graphics and open world along with weather and swimming.

Panda
    Howdy and glad to have you join our little section of the forum. Looking forward to getting to know you too and your Sims.

I still am not sure about how I feel about The Sims 4, so many things missing from the game I just read today that there will be no family tree! Which doesn't make me happy at all! I'm still wobbling that fence! One day I'm excited and going to order it and then I read stuff like that today and then it's like oh no this game is not the Sims as we know it! I'm so disappointed every time I think well that could be in an expansion then I'm back on board with getting the game but no family tree is another basics that I just can't do without in my Sims world just like having no toddlers but at least they have hinted about toddlers coming out later on but I'm at a loss without no family tree. Oh well! Bummer, grrrrr. Ok I'm back on my soap box, aren't I?

Well I'm going to finish eating before everything is too cold, virtual hugs to all and Happy Simming.

BD5141

I agree - Sims2 offers the best game play! I also appreciate how easy it is to create new interconnected neighborhoods and how easy it is to create a brand new custom neighborhood. Plan to download the Ultimate Version here on this new PC.

It has been a very long time since I last chatted in this friendly forum!

Right now I am feeling thankful for cooler weather here in this corner of the world - also relieved that the heavy rainfall has changed to occasional refreshing showers. Rain was welcome -flooding was not!
  • Sara2573Sara2573 Posts: 295 Member
    Hello, Simmers. I don't believe I've been on this thread before.
    Hello, Sara :-)
  • Sara2573Sara2573 Posts: 295 Member
    Have any of the nasty pictures hit this thread? I haven't seen any in the Sims 3 General Discussions which is good.
  • SungFishySungFishy Posts: 455 Member
    No, I haven't seen them either.
    Tech Support(inactive)
    QGuOHD4.gif?1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top