Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Masque Legacy

Pinstar1161Pinstar1161 Posts: 216 Member
During my time in creator's camp, I focused on playing a Legacy family, for the purpose of updating the Legacy Challenge for The Sims 4, testing out the new gameplay features and getting a feel for what rules changes might be needed to incorporate all the gameplay changes. While I only made it to the second generation, I figure some people may be interested in seeing it. It is up on my site in two parts.

Part 1
Part 2

Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Twitter: @Pinstar
Youtube

This account is now maintained by Pinstar's wife, Mystic.

Twitter: @Sims_Legacy

Official Legacy Challenge Site
Post edited by Pinstar1161 on

Comments

• BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I enjoyed the start of your story. Will you continue?
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Pinstar1161Pinstar1161 Posts: 216 Member
    Yes and no. Yes in that I will be doing a full Legacy Challenge for the world to see once the game (and the challenge rules) are released, no it will not be *this* specific family picking up where they left off (Though the family and their house have both been uploaded to the gallery so you are welcome to download them). However, that doesn't mean this is the last you will see of the Masque family. :) Stay tuned.

Youtube

• BlindxSecretsBlindxSecrets Posts: 652 Member
    I really enjoyed your posts! Even though I was already looking forward to the S4 release, I loved seeing all the little details (like checking if the Sim is pregnant, I love this new way!) and everything you included....made me even more pumped! September can't get here fast enough!
    The Noble Legacy (A Prettacy)
    Origin ID: BlindxSecrets
  • windchime00windchime00 Posts: 294 Member
    I've been keeping up with you on Twitter :D I can't wait for you to release the sims 4 challenge and to see how you play your family.
  • SOnet104SOnet104 Posts: 487 Member
    Thanks for your effort. Can't wait to see what the new rules will look like. Appreciate what you do for us with setting us rules every time and changing it when expansions hit the shelves.
    325-sometme-she-would-stay-at-cstore-reading2.jpg?w=321
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Awesome! I'm so glad you got to go! I've enjoyed your imaginative challenges for years. :D
  • kdluvshersimskdluvshersims Posts: 291 Member
    Thank you so much for the details in your posts. I think I learned more about how the game works in your posts than anyone else's (ie-thoughtful showers??? lol). Glad you got to go and provide the info that you did. :)
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I am going to be doing your legacy in Sims 4. Do you know it kids have to go to school and does the Social Worker take the kids if they do not go or grads are low.
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Really enjoyed your posts from creators camp! Thanks so much ( and for the legacy challenges over the years)
  • thesims3madthesims3mad Posts: 140 Member
    Thanks so much! I've been reading all your posts on your website from creators camp, and it has got me really excited to start a legacy! I am not very good at them myself (I only seem to last 2-3 generations), but I am slowly getting better with more attempts! :)
  • ChelleBaldyChelleBaldy Posts: 262 Member
    Thanks for inspiring me with legacy challenges ... It also helps me come up with my own challenges and ways to play.
  • TheMaddestMadamTheMaddestMadam Posts: 91 Member
    Aww....I'm actually pretty bummed to hear that you won't be continuing on with the Masque family when the game goes live. ( I had already gotten a little attached to her...probably because her name is Cheshire, and she's insane. >.>)
    Oh well. Looking forward to see what you do with the full game! :)
  • Southernbelle1283Southernbelle1283 Posts: 398 Member
    I think emotions will make this round of legacy challenge so much more exciting!
    Signature-Light-2.jpg

Origin ID: simmerdownsouth
    Twitter: @simmerdownsouth
    My Sims 4 Blog/Stories: http://www.simmerdownsouth.com/
    YouTube Channel: SimmerDownSouth
  • CaitarinaCaitarina Posts: 175 Member
    During my time in creator's camp, I focused on playing a Legacy family, for the purpose of updating the Legacy Challenge for The Sims 4, testing out the new gameplay features and getting a feel for what rules changes might be needed to incorporate all the gameplay changes. While I only made it to the second generation, I figure some people may be interested in seeing it. It is up on my site in two parts.

Part 1
    Part 2

this post has been the reason why im much more interested in legacy challenges :) thx a lot!
    zy5wme.png
  • Tori-Alice-8DTori-Alice-8D Posts: 114 Member
    This is a very interesting start to a story, and very informative!
  • March306March306 Posts: 1,012 Member
    I love doing legacies and love reading the blogs from people who do them. I am really looking forward to The Sims 4 legacies.

Your legacy post gave a lot of insight into what the emotions, traits, and whims would be like. I'm so excited!
    5DG72Tj.gif
    Aww....I'm actually pretty bummed to hear that you won't be continuing on with the Masque family when the game goes live. ( I had already gotten a little attached to her...probably because her name is Cheshire, and she's insane. >.>)
    Oh well. Looking forward to see what you do with the full game! :)

I won't be continuing the Masque Family *in that form*. But that doesn't mean I won't be continuing with the Masque family at all :D.

Youtube

• MegasaurusMegasaurus Posts: 134 Member
    Any idea when you'll be posting the rules for legacies in The Sims 4?
    Megasaurus wrote: »
    Any idea when you'll be posting the rules for legacies in The Sims 4?

The current plan is this:

On launch day, I will have a skeleton version of the rules up; enough that you can get started and start playing, but with some of the points categories missing or incomplete.

After I do some additional testing and can flesh out the rest of the points categories properly, I'll post the finalized version of the rules, hopefully no later than one week after launch. I was able to test a LOT out in creator's camp, but there is still more testing needed to call the challenge complete.

Youtube

• Summerbear5Summerbear5 Posts: 643 Member
    edited August 2014
    Hello Pinstar,
    Loved reading about your first Sims 4 legacy family!
    I was actually sad about this newest edition to the Sims Franchise but reading your story has picked me up a bit. I am now excited to see what other people say about this game after it's release before I make the decision to try it for myself or not.
    I have a quick question though. I thought I read somewhere that Aspirations and Traits could be passed down to children is this not true? Is it more like Sims 3 where you can widely pick whatever you like and therefore the kids can be totally different acting from the parents? Meaning because Lady Cheshire was delightfully insane it would have been nice if one of her kids could have inherited delightfully insane as well.

Thanks!

EDIT: Is it also true that there is no family tree in The Sims 4? Can you not trace a Sim back to their founding Sim? Also how is genetics? I see both the parent having black hair but had a little girl with blonde hair.
    angrycat.gif
  • ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    Thanks Pinstar! I really appreciated reading your posts. They were brilliant :D I can't wait to see more. I am curious to see how the challenge works without a family tree. Is there another way of tracing relatives? Like through memories?
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • CaitarinaCaitarina Posts: 175 Member
    Shaobun wrote: »
    Thanks Pinstar! I really appreciated reading your posts. They were brilliant :D I can't wait to see more. I am curious to see how the challenge works without a family tree. Is there another way of tracing relatives? Like through memories?

as far as i know you can still see what your relatives are.. for example uncle, aunts, niece nephews.. etc.. but i know for a good legacy i probably write my own family tree down as long as its not in the game.. because i dont wanna loose track on how far i've come :p
    zy5wme.png
  • TheMaddestMadamTheMaddestMadam Posts: 91 Member
    Looking forward to the new rules! :D
  • elinorablyelinorably Posts: 301 Member
    I loved playing legacies in TS2. I sort of fell away from doing so in TS3. So, I'm happy to get back to them. I figure if Pinstar can play one and work around some of the new game's disadvantages, so can I. Look forward to reading the new rules! I'm a bit bummed by the lack of family tree, but I usually kept notebooks for my TS2 families. I guess I'll do the same for TS4 and just keep the first page or two blank and draw up a tree as the family progresses.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited August 2014
    Hi Pinstar,

I want to apologise as I came across this thread, went to your blog to read of your experience at creators camp and your gameplay and then lost this thread and was unable to find it again so started another discussion thread re some of the information in your blog and posted a link with your name and blog site details so other interested simmers could read it if they wanted to.

I hope you do not mind, the thread I started is entitled Separate friendship and Romantic bars in Sims 4? :D