Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Bustin Out Thread

500px-The_Sims_-_Bustin%27_Out.png
Since there is no section dedicated to these amazing classics, here is a thread where you can post, share memories, pictures, etc about The Sims Bustin Out.

NAME: The Sims Bustin Out
PLATFORMS: GBA, Gamecube, Xbox, Playstation 2
PLAYERS: 2
RELEASE: 2003

The Sims Bustin Out is one of my favorite games in the series hands down. Anyone else have good memories of this game?

Comments

• lilhunnylilhunny Posts: 1,561 Member
    this was a fantastic game. someone recreated tinsel bluffs for sims 3 and it's actually pretty nice. it's here if interested
  • residentevilobresidentevilob Posts: 141 Member
    I loved Tisel Bluffs. That was my favorite place. The view of the city was nice. :)
  • lilhunnylilhunny Posts: 1,561 Member
    I loved Tisel Bluffs. That was my favorite place. The view of the city was nice. :)

yeah, tinsel bluffs was my favorite as well. i've been meaning to remake a few bustin out characters for sunset valley - specifically dudley. i have a nice trailer ready for him

Maybe some for The Sims 4? ;)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    I had a lot of fun in that game. Only played it once because it seemed so dark- I should have fixed the brightness on my TV. :lol:
  • GummiBearxGummiBearx Posts: 317 Member
    OHMAN. This is my most nostalgic game from the entire sims franchise. I could write like 5 paragraphs about it but I'm refraining so I don't look crazy...er. I remember when I first bought it for xbox, I was 8 or 9, and I still remember the first sim I made on there. Days on end I would play that game, and my bestfriend had it too and we would call each other on the phone while playing it.
    The burglar music always gave me a heart attack.
    2m2dkr9.jpg
    I still have it for PS2 but sadly it doesn't work that well. Its highly scratched up.
    My copy I bought back then lol: ayqbs9.jpg
    Its got some of the top scratched off, so it hardly works. Many areas freeze. I need a new copy. :P
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    I played this game on my nokia N-Gage. How scared I was with that mutated chicken that possibly had rabies.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
    I loved the portable version. It was like an RPG which was cool. It was fun. Oh, and it was the Rooster you are thinking of that was powerful and could attack. ;)
  • DoodleSmack32DoodleSmack32 Posts: 50 Member
    I prdered it from Amazon last week and the first copy I got was pirated so it didn't work. The next copy comes today or tomorrow, hopefully I don't get cheated again :(
  • SimGamer15SimGamer15 Posts: 2,019 Member
    I remember that getting promoted in bustin out was hard. You had to be in good mood which was challenging for me.
    I remember that getting promoted in bustin out was hard. You had to be in good mood which was challenging for me.
    And it was gameover if you got fired. ;)
    I remember that. :P
  • r0b0tman5r0b0tman5 Posts: 109 Member
    This game was really fun to play back when i had a gamecube, liked fooling around in free mode with my sister.
    Been playing The Sims since The Sims 1! B)
  • crzy_gal_101crzy_gal_101 Posts: 1,856 Member
    edited August 2014
    Wasn't there a nintendo only feature that allowed you to import gba sims to the gamecube? Id love to see pics or a video of that feature as i only have the ps2 version.
    Official Katy Perry Sim: http://goo.gl/Vxo3Be
    Wasn't there a nintendo only feature that allowed you to import gba sims to the gamecube? Id love to see pics or a video of that feature as i only have the ps2 version.

I cannot find anything on it, however, from what I remember the three versions had their own exclusives:

Xbox has 720P HD Support and Surround Sound.
    PS2 had online play.
    Gamecube was able to import sims from the GBA version of the game and unlock exclusive items like a chicken statue.
  • crzy_gal_101crzy_gal_101 Posts: 1,856 Member
    edited August 2014

I cannot find anything on it, however, from what I remember the three versions had their own exclusives:

PS2 had online play.
    Gamecube was able to import sims from the GBA version of the game and unlock exclusive items like a chicken statue.

Thats what I ment wih the gamecube. btw this is off topic but does anyone have a picture of the secret closet with the gba ubrz outfits in the urbz for gamecube? I cant find any proof that it exists.

I also found more about the gamcube and gba feature : GCN LINK: Here you can link a GamBoy Advance or GameBoy Advance SP up to a Nintendo Gamecube. It lets you move GBA sims to GCN files and GCN sims to GBA files. - from http://www.cheatcodes.com/guide/tsbo-the-ultimate-guide-sims-bustin-out-gba-50812/

Official Katy Perry Sim: http://goo.gl/Vxo3Be

PS2 had online play.

Thats what I ment wih the gamecube. btw this is off topic but does anyone have a picture of the secret closet with the gba ubrz outfits in the urbz for gamecube? I cant find any proof that it exists.

I also found more about the gamcube and gba feature : GCN LINK: Here you can link a GamBoy Advance or GameBoy Advance SP up to a Nintendo Gamecube. It lets you move GBA sims to GCN files and GCN sims to GBA files. - from http://www.cheatcodes.com/guide/tsbo-the-ultimate-guide-sims-bustin-out-gba-50812/
    I have no photos or videos, but I can confirm it exists. However, you don't need a GBA. You simply play The Urbz on Gamecube, and in Blankwood Towers (The Second Apartment) its a large purple gamecube shaped dresser with clothing. One outfit is from Darious and the other is from Roxie from the GBA/DS version.
  • ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    Staring at my copy of it right now :D It was all I played for months. Even when I finished the game, I'd start again and select a different route via the careers, and see where I end up. The characters were just so good! So funny and exaggerated. Good times :D
  • LuckySkyLuckySky Posts: 1,054 Member
    My sister was addicted to this game. She played it better and more than me. I was more so into The Sims Urbz. Lol I had a lot of boyfriends in that game. I also slapped Fergie a lot!
    LuckySky wrote: »
    My sister was addicted to this game. She played it better and more than me. I was more so into The Sims Urbz. Lol I had a lot of boyfriends in that game. I also slapped Fergie a lot!

Fergie was mean in the game. It was like she was programmed that way or something. :P
  • worm178worm178 Posts: 4,462 Member
    I liked the graphics of The Sims Bustin' Out for its time period. I also for some reason gravitate towards the story-based Sims games (Sims Life Stories, Bustin' Out, Urbz). I liked that you got different vehicles and moved a ton in Bustin' Out, but I never finished all of the careers.
    Click it » My blog features Sims stuff like Machinima, Downloads, Stories, Reviews, and more!
    worm178 wrote: »
    I liked the graphics of The Sims Bustin' Out for its time period. I also for some reason gravitate towards the story-based Sims games (Sims Life Stories, Bustin' Out, Urbz). I liked that you got different vehicles and moved a ton in Bustin' Out, but I never finished all of the careers.

I don't think anyone finished all the careers. :P
    It usually requires at least 10 different playthroughs haha.
  • ladyc672ladyc672 Posts: 132 Member
    I loved the music in Bustin' Out....My best friend and I would play while we were on the phone....She had the PS2 version and I had the Xbox one.
  • EuanSimEuanSim Posts: 2,345 Member
    I only recently purchased Bustin' Out, and the only problem I have with it is keeping the motives up to boost skills and to go to work in a good mood. Other than that it's a lot of and I have completed the Counter Culture career track.