Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share continued

Comments

• Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    The first sim I made in the TS4 CAS demo.

clara_zps051f236a.png

Very lovely. She is unique. I like her pixie look. She would make a good fairy oh wait lol. Grrrrr I hate we can't make supernaturals lol.

• Sara2573Sara2573 Posts: 295 Member
    I still can't get the CAS demo. Origin refuses to finish updating and I can't even open the application anymore. :( Maybe I'll try again later.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    So how do you all get the names of the players you're directing your comments to, to show up in blue as a link? If I copy the link location and paste it in, I get a lot more than just that, and if delete all but the name, it isn't a link.

bishty The reason I can't make a sim that looks like me is due mostly to the shape of my face. I have a square jawline, and my chin is not a bit pointed like the chins in CAW always are, no matter what you adjust. I can come closer in Sims 3 though. Your sims are all looking very good.

You are thinking of action adventure games, not adventure games, or “pure adventure” games, as we adventure gamers refer to them, to distinguish them more clearly from action adventure games. Pure adventure games do not have violence. There is no shooting or fighting or anything of the sort. They consist entirely of exploring, collecting, and solving logic challenges to advance to the next area, and nothing is even timed. You get all the time you need to figure out the puzzles, with some extremely rare exceptions in a few games. The only “action” in a pure adventure game consists of cutscenes (short video clips) triggered by accomplishing specific things or reaching certain areas. There is always a storyline, but in some cases they are only enough of a storyline to explain why you are there and what your goal is. I have never had any interest in playing action adventure games. My favorite adventure games are the Myst series, the Rhem series, and everything made by Detalion (Reah, Schizm, Mysterious Journey 2, and Sentinel). I have the latest game by Cyan, makers of the Myst series, on pre-order.

dreamerz Your sims are looking pretty good.

I just have to decide now how much I am willing to do to allow Justice and Jason to finish all the adventures. Since they have houses in every country, all of them modified, I don't think I want to place them in a new game to get back the dropped adventures. But I've decided I'm going to be patient, and if they have to do a lot of going back and forth before they finish, I'm OK with it. So long as Traveler allows them to leave home again the minute they return from another country, they still will be the same age when they are finally finished and ready to start their family.

I don't know when I will get around to playing the Marshall family. I have quite a few older games on hold that I want to return to.

Zabeth So, now Sunny knows. At least her worst fear, that Jae was dead, was not realized.

I'm not going to quit playing Jason and Justice, even if I were to decide to forget about completing the rest of the adventures. They have those really nice houses, and I have definitely got to have them take their kids to spend time in them. It's going to be a bigger chore to find things for them all to do while they're in those countries, since there aren't any recreational community lots in any of them. I placed my Red Rendezvous edit recreational center on a larger lot in France, further edited to make the exterior match other buildings there, and added a pool, hot tub, and shower room, to the lot, and I made a sports park on the vacant lot next to their house, with soccer, skating, and a golf driving range. So, I think I'm somewhat set there, once they can afford some playground equipment for the kids at their home.

You're probably thinking of Geoffrey Landgraab, who was constantly pestering Justice in the other game, where she was single. There has been no such issue in this game. I may go back to that game eventually, just to see how that issue with him can play out now that she's married to Oldeander.

The problem with taking breaks from one game to play another is that I have dozens of games on hold already. Some of them I have decided not to resume, and others, I really want to get back to, but have too many games I've started since then. I tend to start new games, not because I need a break from a current game, but because I've thought of a different starting scenario than I've ever played before. Then I get it set up, so I won't forget the details I wanted it to have, then sometimes I can't wait to start playing it. I do also have quite a few game starts waiting for the someday when I will get around to playing them. The problem is that I think up new starting scenarios faster than I can play them. And I expect the Marshall family to be one of the most challenging ones I've ever played, at least at the beginning.

Well, I don't know what D'ong Huo intended when he hit on Angela, but he didn't even give her a whole minute to think about it before he attacked. Seeing as he was such an evil, powerful warlord, I suspect that if he really wanted her, he wouldn't bother with seduction, he'd just force himself on her repeatedly until he got tired of her, and then maybe kill her. Maybe that's what he actually intended to do, but she was too powerful for him. Plus, she did have the amulet of protection. I think when Jason and Justice get to the end of the Dragon Cave, I'll have Justice stay in the enclosure where the one dive well is, that the mummies can't get into, so as to spare her getting hit on by any of them. Or maybe that's one adventure Jason will do alone. There really aren't any traps to disable, the sim just has to follow the correct path until he/she gets to the final chamber.

Hannah will succeed. It won't be easy, but she will make it. The wild harvestables will give her family something to eat, and Lisa is old enough to go off the lot to fish. Their lot is the one right next to Stoney Falls, so she won't have to go far to fish. I might even be able to get Hannah over there, if the toddlers can walk there with her, and all leave the lot at the same time. Probably not, though.

Yeah, it is very nice seeing Rafael being happy and pleasant. I can't hate Zelda, after she's done that much for him, even if her intentions are wrong. I'd even be happy for the happy ending being that she falls in love with him and decides to keep him for life, even though she is an evil witch.

MayaRose It actually isn't hard to complete the adventures in one sim's lifetime, because while they are in the WA countries, aging is disabled. So when they return home, they are the exact same age as when they left. So long as you don't leave them in their home world too long in between traveling, they will be able to finish everything, so long as you can get back whatever steps they lose to glitching. Jason and Justice are actually almost finished. It's only the adventure chains that require travel to more than one country that they still have left to finish. That's what's made me hesitant about continuing with them without finding a way to get those picked back up – it requires that they stay in the country where they will be able to get those opportunities back until it becomes available to them again, when there is no other adventuring left for them to do. And there isn't much of anything else for them to do in those countries in the meantime.

I've played a runaway teen with a baby, and it was the most challenging game I've played so far. But with two toddlers, right from the start of her game, Hannah's situation is even more challenging. The runaway teen, thanks to mods, didn't have the baby until three days into the game. She had time before the birth to get prepared for the time when she could no longer leave her home lot without a babysitter, and to earn enough money to build a bathroom and get a crib, since she started out with a $0 balance. Hannah has a little money left, but I spent most of what she had left after I built the house and outhouse, on trees, buckhorn, and brambles. And she isn't going to be a gardener like my teen was. That will make it even harder.

Puddinroy Once I finish with Angela, I'll have it pretty much figured out how to overcome the glitching when I start Jason and Justice again. Some things I might let go, but so long as I have at least one sim (Angela) finish all of the adventures, I won't mind too much, missing out on some of them in other games.

LBell That is the worst bed hair I ever seen in the Sims! And he doesn't look one bit happy with it. LOL! Of course, he is not a very cheery sort of guy anyway, so maybe he would look just as angry if his hair was perfect.

Jackson is going to freeze his tush off if he doesn't get into some warmer clothes soon!

Colorist Now, that's an idea I hadn't thought of – Hannah's ex coming back and wanting to get back with her so he can mooch off her. It sounds like something his type would definitely do. I'll have to keep that in mind. He's one I saved to the CAS bin, so I could easily age him up and add him to the game later.

I suppose I thought of the idea because of a recent movie husband and I watched, about a woman whose husband took all the money and abandoned her and their children, and left with another woman. I have friend who also went through a similar situation, in that her parasitic mooch of a husband left her for another woman, and emptied their bank account of over $10,000 that SHE had earned and saved for her medical expenses (she's my age and has COPD).

I'm not going to quit playing Justice and Jason. I'm just working on how to proceed with their game, which Angela is partly helping me figure out. Hannah is for someday. I have other families I want to get back to, like Rose and Romeo, Ashley and Jonathan, Pierce and Kelsey, and Alex and Farid. I also have other, even older games, on hold that I want to get back to. I might play Hannah along with one other one, once I've finished with Justice and Jason.

At least my husband's layoffs have always been temporary ones. He doesn't have to look for another job, as once work picks up, he'll be back at work with the same employer. That's the way construction works. But with his skill and experience, he could probably find a different job more easily than most.

At least if your son gets hit by a texting driver, considering the size of the vehicle he's driving, his chances of surviving it are pretty good. My vehicle is a Saturn Vue. It's not the smallest vehicle on the road, but the body is made of plastic, not metal, so I'm not sure it would be much protection if some distracted driver plowed into me at high speed. My son has a friend who talks on the phone to stay alert while she drives. She's got ADHD, and talking to someone actually slows down her racing mind so that she can pay attention to the road better. It sounds like your son is also better off with talking on the phone while he drives some of the time.

Sara Alexa is looking really good now. Alexander needs to grow up. His sister will change as time passes and she matures. That doesn't mean she will love him any less. He may even find her more loving and loveable as she ages and matures.
  • CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited August 2014
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    So how do you all get the names of the players you're directing your comments to, to show up in blue as a link? If I copy the link location and paste it in, I get a lot more than just that, and if delete all but the name, it isn't a link.

bishty The reason I can't make a sim that looks like me is due mostly to the shape of my face. I have a square jawline, and my chin is not a bit pointed like the chins in CAW always are, no matter what you adjust. I can come closer in Sims 3 though. Your sims are all looking very good.

You are thinking of action adventure games, not adventure games, or “pure adventure” games, as we adventure gamers refer to them, to distinguish them more clearly from action adventure games. Pure adventure games do not have violence. There is no shooting or fighting or anything of the sort. They consist entirely of exploring, collecting, and solving logic challenges to advance to the next area, and nothing is even timed. You get all the time you need to figure out the puzzles, with some extremely rare exceptions in a few games. The only “action” in a pure adventure game consists of cutscenes (short video clips) triggered by accomplishing specific things or reaching certain areas. There is always a storyline, but in some cases they are only enough of a storyline to explain why you are there and what your goal is. I have never had any interest in playing action adventure games. My favorite adventure games are the Myst series, the Rhem series, and everything made by Detalion (Reah, Schizm, Mysterious Journey 2, and Sentinel). I have the latest game by Cyan, makers of the Myst series, on pre-order.

dreamerz Your sims are looking pretty good.

I just have to decide now how much I am willing to do to allow Justice and Jason to finish all the adventures. Since they have houses in every country, all of them modified, I don't think I want to place them in a new game to get back the dropped adventures. But I've decided I'm going to be patient, and if they have to do a lot of going back and forth before they finish, I'm OK with it. So long as Traveler allows them to leave home again the minute they return from another country, they still will be the same age when they are finally finished and ready to start their family.

I don't know when I will get around to playing the Marshall family. I have quite a few older games on hold that I want to return to.

Zabeth So, now Sunny knows. At least her worst fear, that Jae was dead, was not realized.

I'm not going to quit playing Jason and Justice, even if I were to decide to forget about completing the rest of the adventures. They have those really nice houses, and I have definitely got to have them take their kids to spend time in them. It's going to be a bigger chore to find things for them all to do while they're in those countries, since there aren't any recreational community lots in any of them. I placed my Red Rendezvous edit recreational center on a larger lot in France, further edited to make the exterior match other buildings there, and added a pool, hot tub, and shower room, to the lot, and I made a sports park on the vacant lot next to their house, with soccer, skating, and a golf driving range. So, I think I'm somewhat set there, once they can afford some playground equipment for the kids at their home.

You're probably thinking of Geoffrey Landgraab, who was constantly pestering Justice in the other game, where she was single. There has been no such issue in this game. I may go back to that game eventually, just to see how that issue with him can play out now that she's married to Oldeander.

The problem with taking breaks from one game to play another is that I have dozens of games on hold already. Some of them I have decided not to resume, and others, I really want to get back to, but have too many games I've started since then. I tend to start new games, not because I need a break from a current game, but because I've thought of a different starting scenario than I've ever played before. Then I get it set up, so I won't forget the details I wanted it to have, then sometimes I can't wait to start playing it. I do also have quite a few game starts waiting for the someday when I will get around to playing them. The problem is that I think up new starting scenarios faster than I can play them. And I expect the Marshall family to be one of the most challenging ones I've ever played, at least at the beginning.

Well, I don't know what D'ong Huo intended when he hit on Angela, but he didn't even give her a whole minute to think about it before he attacked. Seeing as he was such an evil, powerful warlord, I suspect that if he really wanted her, he wouldn't bother with seduction, he'd just force himself on her repeatedly until he got tired of her, and then maybe kill her. Maybe that's what he actually intended to do, but she was too powerful for him. Plus, she did have the amulet of protection. I think when Jason and Justice get to the end of the Dragon Cave, I'll have Justice stay in the enclosure where the one dive well is, that the mummies can't get into, so as to spare her getting hit on by any of them. Or maybe that's one adventure Jason will do alone. There really aren't any traps to disable, the sim just has to follow the correct path until he/she gets to the final chamber.

Hannah will succeed. It won't be easy, but she will make it. The wild harvestables will give her family something to eat, and Lisa is old enough to go off the lot to fish. Their lot is the one right next to Stoney Falls, so she won't have to go far to fish. I might even be able to get Hannah over there, if the toddlers can walk there with her, and all leave the lot at the same time. Probably not, though.

Yeah, it is very nice seeing Rafael being happy and pleasant. I can't hate Zelda, after she's done that much for him, even if her intentions are wrong. I'd even be happy for the happy ending being that she falls in love with him and decides to keep him for life, even though she is an evil witch.

MayaRose It actually isn't hard to complete the adventures in one sim's lifetime, because while they are in the WA countries, aging is disabled. So when they return home, they are the exact same age as when they left. So long as you don't leave them in their home world too long in between traveling, they will be able to finish everything, so long as you can get back whatever steps they lose to glitching. Jason and Justice are actually almost finished. It's only the adventure chains that require travel to more than one country that they still have left to finish. That's what's made me hesitant about continuing with them without finding a way to get those picked back up – it requires that they stay in the country where they will be able to get those opportunities back until it becomes available to them again, when there is no other adventuring left for them to do. And there isn't much of anything else for them to do in those countries in the meantime.

I've played a runaway teen with a baby, and it was the most challenging game I've played so far. But with two toddlers, right from the start of her game, Hannah's situation is even more challenging. The runaway teen, thanks to mods, didn't have the baby until three days into the game. She had time before the birth to get prepared for the time when she could no longer leave her home lot without a babysitter, and to earn enough money to build a bathroom and get a crib, since she started out with a $0 balance. Hannah has a little money left, but I spent most of what she had left after I built the house and outhouse, on trees, buckhorn, and brambles. And she isn't going to be a gardener like my teen was. That will make it even harder.

Puddinroy Once I finish with Angela, I'll have it pretty much figured out how to overcome the glitching when I start Jason and Justice again. Some things I might let go, but so long as I have at least one sim (Angela) finish all of the adventures, I won't mind too much, missing out on some of them in other games.

LBell That is the worst bed hair I ever seen in the Sims! And he doesn't look one bit happy with it. LOL! Of course, he is not a very cheery sort of guy anyway, so maybe he would look just as angry if his hair was perfect.

Jackson is going to freeze his tush off if he doesn't get into some warmer clothes soon!

Colorist Now, that's an idea I hadn't thought of – Hannah's ex coming back and wanting to get back with her so he can mooch off her. It sounds like something his type would definitely do. I'll have to keep that in mind. He's one I saved to the CAS bin, so I could easily age him up and add him to the game later.

I suppose I thought of the idea because of a recent movie husband and I watched, about a woman whose husband took all the money and abandoned her and their children, and left with another woman. I have friend who also went through a similar situation, in that her parasitic mooch of a husband left her for another woman, and emptied their bank account of over $10,000 that SHE had earned and saved for her medical expenses (she's my age and has COPD).

I'm not going to quit playing Justice and Jason. I'm just working on how to proceed with their game, which Angela is partly helping me figure out. Hannah is for someday. I have other families I want to get back to, like Rose and Romeo, Ashley and Jonathan, Pierce and Kelsey, and Alex and Farid. I also have other, even older games, on hold that I want to get back to. I might play Hannah along with one other one, once I've finished with Justice and Jason.

At least my husband's layoffs have always been temporary ones. He doesn't have to look for another job, as once work picks up, he'll be back at work with the same employer. That's the way construction works. But with his skill and experience, he could probably find a different job more easily than most.

At least if your son gets hit by a texting driver, considering the size of the vehicle he's driving, his chances of surviving it are pretty good. My vehicle is a Saturn Vue. It's not the smallest vehicle on the road, but the body is made of plastic, not metal, so I'm not sure it would be much protection if some distracted driver plowed into me at high speed. My son has a friend who talks on the phone to stay alert while she drives. She's got ADHD, and talking to someone actually slows down her racing mind so that she can pay attention to the road better. It sounds like your son is also better off with talking on the phone while he drives some of the time.

Sara Alexa is looking really good now. Alexander needs to grow up. His sister will change as time passes and she matures. That doesn't mean she will love him any less. He may even find her more loving and loveable as she ages and matures.

@IreneSwift my guess is it has to do with the @ symbol being in front of the name

Edit: yep that's what does it.
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    Like the nerd that I am...I decided to make Jerry Seinfeld and friends from his sitcom. XD (And figured out the multi photo thing was a photobucket problem. So I can share now woo!)

Elaine (who is now my profile pic)
    10616228_766987816681167_2826707639730961346_n.jpg?oh=319aa7e1907cd46cfafdbf13dab8c2c3&oe=5463907E&__gda__=1415740407_47bec98581d679f7338829fe31d8bd38

George
    10613095_766987843347831_5939621929468334105_n.jpg

Jerry
    1609703_766987803347835_257999529431665989_n.jpg

Kramer
    10600351_766987986681150_9215922059329087531_n.jpg?oh=0e52465031ccab07399e663808752b23&oe=5470650F&__gda__=1415888229_57a663395201b41aecc01c6069b6c100

• bishtybishty Posts: 393 Member
    Colorist40 Well partly, Diane is naturally quite highly strung and a workaholic and her husband is completely easy going - not necessarily childish as he does know how and when to be serious but he doesn't take life seriously like Diane. Diane takes on every challenge that comes her way but this means that she and Robby have been drifting apart and almost without even noticing Robby has begun flirting and accepting the attentions of other women. They still love each other but their lives have started to take different directions as Robby just cannot stick to a meticulous, micromanaged life plan like Diane does. There was a time at the beginning when they were compatible but as they've grown older it's started to cool and I don't know if they're just gonna stick it out or separate amicably. They also have two sons but obviously I can't make them, called Hamlet and Simeon, but they're closer to their father even though their mother usually does all the dirty work so to speak such as packing lunchboxes, signing forms etc. Diane has a huge chip on her shoulder about constantly needing to prove herself as her parents pretty much forgot about her when her younger sister died at the age of (respectively) 6 and 4. So there are a load of issues there but at the same time on the rare occasion they're all together they're so sweet as a family you can't help but hope :P

Emily4331 I love your sim too :D She looks like my sim Sonja :D I love that this game has so many interesting shorter hairstyles as I feel in TS3 all their hairstyles were basically mid-length with nothing creative or expressive in the long or short hair department

IreneSwift Ah I see. I think TS4 is more versatile in the jaw department though, or perhaps I'm just bad at TS3 jaws :P Thank you :D

That sounds like Portal which is one of my favourite games (though it has moderate violence in the form of shooting turrets). I should check some of those games out, they sound like something I'd really enjoy :D Though I'm kinda broke lol :P

I hope you guys don't mind me just posting all my sims but I love them so much :P Today I made the Bowen sisters. Originally I made them separately and the first sister was an individual named Milly Zula but when I compared them side by side I realised they looked so alike they could be sisters, hence this new household :D
    6fXlPhm.pngyf0ROlH.pngQD1CTUB.pngHyUlowN.png
    They're also super photogenic together
    mSSzeZc.pngUnZmqsp.png

I think the demo is doing it's job, it's making me want to buy the game lol. Maybe I will after all :P
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @Bishty - love your sims! And I couldn't agree more about the short hair styles.
    Thanks!
    New sim :D This is my best friend Andrea. She didn't have very good news today so I made her a sim to cheer her up :P
    P0FteqE.pnglERlBK0.png
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    edited August 2014
    With the demo being out I haven't felt like playing. Lols I suppose I'll do it eventually.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • LBellLBell Posts: 3,511 Member
    edited August 2014
    Pretty annoyed with this game. :( No matter what I do, whether I remove mods or lower graphics whenever I move around the house (my own house) the objects keep reloading as if I have moved really far away but I literally 'turn my camera' away from them and when I turn it back they 'flash' back in sight... I have never noticed this before so I am so confused. Also those dreaded 'block' sims appear for a short while when zooming into different areas of sims.

So. I am doing a clean install yet again...
    TS3? In your graphical options check that "allow object hiding" is unchecked. If it is checked, that's probably your problem. If it's not, then probably your machine is struggling to render everything but I'm so tech unsavvy that's about as much as I know :P
    LBell wrote: »
    Pretty annoyed with this game. :( No matter what I do, whether I remove mods or lower graphics whenever I move around the house (my own house) the objects keep reloading as if I have moved really far away but I literally 'turn my camera' away from them and when I turn it back they 'flash' back in sight... I have never noticed this before so I am so confused. Also those dreaded 'block' sims appear for a short while when zooming into different areas of sims.

So. I am doing a clean install yet again...
    Where is the ouch button for this post? That's no bueno.

6JSxk49.png?1
    bishty: Yeah it is unchecked.

AiHaou: I know right. I just want to playyy haha

Does anyone have an AMD card? Do you use a FPS (Frames per second) limiter? Is it necessary to use it?
    Also this is just an aside but the "bro" trait in TS4 is a little sexist, no? Or perhaps not all the way to sexist but if you give a female the "bro" trait, you imply that she's "one of the guys" and that that behaviour is male-exclusive except in a few exceptional circumstances when a woman can prove she's worthy of being in the gang. Maybe I'm taking it a little seriously but it would be nice if they could change it to "sis" for females, or something non-gender specific like "dude" (although even that has masculine connotations) or "jock".
    Also I'm not a fan of the "feminine" walk. The animation is great, that's not what I mean, but giving the "feminine" walk to a man implies that he does not walk like a "real" man, whatever that means, and is therefore somehow "less" of a man. It also implies that that is how "ladies" should walk when in actual fact most women don't have the energy to walk like that all day. It's not even really a "feminine" walk, it's a catwalk walk, which is not a female-only place. Perhaps they could rename that walk to "showy" or something like that.
    Just some thoughts :P
    bishty: Yeah it is unchecked.

AiHaou: I know right. I just want to playyy haha

Does anyone have an AMD card? Do you use a FPS (Frames per ) limiter? Is it necessary to use it?

My new computer runs sims 3 a lot better though I have a weird flashing issue with sims 2.

6JSxk49.png?1
    bishty: I thought the exact same thing!

AiHaou: I'm glad it runs the game good for you! :)
  • CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited August 2014
    bishty wrote: »
    Also this is just an aside but the "bro" trait in TS4 is a little sexist, no? Or perhaps not all the way to sexist but if you give a female the "bro" trait, you imply that she's "one of the guys" and that that behaviour is male-exclusive except in a few exceptional circumstances when a woman can prove she's worthy of being in the gang. Maybe I'm taking it a little seriously but it would be nice if they could change it to "sis" for females, or something non-gender specific like "dude" (although even that has masculine connotations) or "jock".
    Also I'm not a fan of the "feminine" walk. The animation is great, that's not what I mean, but giving the "feminine" walk to a man implies that he does not walk like a "real" man, whatever that means, and is therefore somehow "less" of a man. It also implies that that is how "ladies" should walk when in actual fact most women don't have the energy to walk like that all day. It's not even really a "feminine" walk, it's a catwalk walk, which is not a female-only place. Perhaps they could rename that walk to "showy" or something like that.

Actually they initially had a different phrase that basically meant the same thing but for girls but chose not to use it because it sounded ridiculous.

I can't for the life of me remember what the word was though.

I looked it up. Initially the female version was going to be called "woo girls" but they chose to change it for the stated reason that they felt it was better to keep traits constant across genders.
    Well the base game is installed... wish me luck. Haha. I will probably cry if the same problem occurs. :(

I'm glad I'm not the only one :D Also good luck with your TS3!

Celiria wrote: »

Actually they initially had a different phrase that basically meant the same thing but for girls but chose not to use it because it sounded ridiculous.

I can't for the life of me remember what the word was though.

I looked it up. Initially the female version was going to be called "woo girls" but they chose to change it for the stated reason that they felt it was better to keep traits constant across genders.
    I agree it's better to keep traits constant across genders but if your trait is gender-biased to start with then it's acting against one gender which makes me feel uncomfortable. I dunno it's just my opinion :)

Also I just took the sims 4 personality quiz thing and this made me laugh so much :D

YOU ARE AN ANGST-RIDDEN ARTIST

You’re passionate and creative and it’s about time the world recognized your genius! Why won’t the world recognize your genius? Find some good friends for emotional support and inspiration and who knows what weird revenge you might dream up.

edited August 2014
    2822qkk.jpg

Shrek catching his dad and Fiona locked in an embrace was infuriated. It is true he just discovered he was in love with her on the way over, but it didn't give his dad any right to take his place. After all his dad had arranged the betrothal between Shrek and Fiona without Shrek's knowledge. If that wasn't bad enough, it was because he had signed an agreement on Shrek's behalf with the Ogrid's (Shrek's dads birth place) to make him king once Fiona and Shrek were married. If Shrek didn't marry Fiona, the Ogrid's would kill Shrek, his dad, and possibly Fiona. It was possible they would give the new king the rights to do to Fiona whatever he wanted to do. She could be sold into slavery, put in the kings harem, or sold into the oldest profession, or anything the king desired to have done to her. Fiona was betrothed to Shrek because it turns out unbeknownst to her she is the grand daughter of a queen which Shrek had just told her the whole ugly story. This makes Fiona a princess.

Shrek knew his dad thought he hated Fiona, and for the past six months she had been living in his house an unwanted guest courtesy again of his father, he had. He hadn't realized that his feelings for Fiona were changing and neither did his dad. Still she was his fiancé, and he had no right even if he thought Shrek hated her. Shrek had coldly made it clear to his father that this would not be forgiven easily. Now he was going to face Fiona.

Shrek: Fiona! You have pushed me for the last time. You have been living in my house living a life of luxury and not lifting a finger.

While this wasn't true, Shrek being angry just threw out accusations to get her upset.

335fuba.jpg

Fiona: Oh so the mask is off? You are a two faced beast. You abuse donkey, P.u.🐸🐸🐸🐸, dragon and me. I have had enough. Your father has never been anything but kind to me, so why shouldn't I desire to be with him? I have known him since I was 10, and he always made me feel special even when my mother and nobody else did. Your father is the only one besides my father who ever gave two hoots for me. You never cared. You have been nasty, irrationally angry and just made my life total misery. If I had anywhere to go, believe me, I would have left long ago. I found out the hard way that no where in this town is it safe for me after my visit to the park, and being sixteen I have no choice. Father and mother are gone, so I thought you were all I had. Now I know your father cares for me. I don't care what he said. I don't care about that blasted contract your dad signed. I want to be with him.

Shrek sneeringly hurt by her words: Oh you mean the man who when you just told him you loved him he said it was your misfortune? That is the man you are talking about? Seems to me, you're stuck with me whether you like it or not.

Fiona looked around to find Barthus and realized he had gone. Barthus after losing his head, realized he needed to back out of the situation had gone upstairs.

Fiona was hurt. Where had he gone?

Shrek triumphant: Where is this man you are so in love with? Where did he go? Looks like I am all you have after all.

Fiona her pride and her heart both hurting: Well, he is just upset as you caught us. Who could blame him? Once he realizes how much I love him, he will be with me.

Shrek: Well for now your home is still with me, and you will come with me now!

Fiona realizing she couldn't stay here as Barthus would not find her presence welcome right now, sighed and left with Shrek.

15d5tll.jpg

Shrek watched Fiona walk to the house. He knew she was hurt, but doggone it so was he. She had no right to come on to his father. He knew his father would never have kissed her without some encouragement. He was worried she might convince his father to let her move in with him, or she would somehow find a way to leave on her own 16 years old or not. He couldn't lose her now. He had to find a way to keep her here until he could find a way to convince her he loved her.

j769mb.jpg

Fiona disheartened and full of despair turned to the piano something her father had loved and passed down to her before he had killed himself. His ghost one night had visited her at her lowest. She knew this, as the piano started playing her favorite songs by itself. She was convinced her dad would help her, but sadly he hadn't been back since. That was three months ago. She lovingly played the songs her father and her used to sing together.

Shrek came inside determined to resolve this somehow.

Fiona wrapped up in the music didn't hear him come in.

Shrek stood there watching Fiona play. She was so vulnerable there, and it touched his heart. He wanted to tell her how he felt, but she was too hurt and angry with him. She would not believe it.

Shrek: Fiona. Stop playing we have to talk. We can't go on like this.

Fiona continued to play the piano. She didn't care anymore. Her life had been turned upside down since she came here over six months ago after her father killed himself, due to her mother's passing. She loved her father, and she thought he loved her, but he had abandoned her long before he killed himself. He had shut himself off from her, until 3 months later she found him in the bathtub dead. He was the only person who ever truly loved her, and he had abandoned her, and sent her to live in sheer misery. She couldn't take it anymore. She didn't care. She wanted to shut the world out. Fiona played the piano louder. Her pain seeping into the music.

Shrek realizing it was useless walked out of the room.

Fiona continued to play. The music turned into discordant notes as she started pounding the keys with her fists in frustration.

Fiona at the top of her lungs: I hate you daddy! Hate you, hate you, hate you! She pounded the keys viciously after each heart rending, pain drenched word. You left me! Why did you leave me? You were supposed to love me, but you didn't, you didn't! Oh daddy I loved you so!

At the end of her rope Fiona sunk her head into her hands on the piano keyboard and sobbed uncontrollably.

Post edited by Colorist40 on
    edited August 2014

Thank you. Would anyone be able to do me a favour? I am a little worried that my card might fry as I have been told sims 3 can only play at 30 frames per second but mine seems to go to the 100s then back to the 80s and above. So I don't know. So what I am asking is if someone could enable the cheat "fps on" and look in the top right corner and just give me a rough number of what appears? I'll feel better then to know its normal to be in the 100s. I appreciate it if anyone can do that for me. :)

Colorist: What an emotional update. Definitely not the Shrek and Fiona we know and love in reality! I wonder what Shrek is going to do if Fiona does leave?
    I use fraps which automatically shows me the fps anyway. Unfortunately my usual fps averages at 16...
    I consider it a good day if it gets up to 21
    My graphics card is appalling :( Sorry I couldn't be much help. But I did read somewhere that someone had had the same situation and capped their fps at 60 if that helps
    The game ran fine with the fps I was getting. I was just concerned for my graphics card and whether it would fry.

Thank you. Would anyone be able to do me a favour? I am a little worried that my card might fry as I have been told sims 3 can only play at 30 frames per second but mine seems to go to the 100s then back to the 80s and above. So I don't know. So what I am asking is if someone could enable the cheat "fps on" and look in the top right corner and just give me a rough number of what appears? I'll feel better then to know its normal to be in the 100s. I appreciate it if anyone can do that for me. :)

Colorist: What an emotional update. Definitely not the Shrek and Fiona we know and love in reality! I wonder what Shrek is going to do if Fiona does leave?

Well they aren't supposed to be totally based on the movies lol or I would be accused of copyright laws infringement ha ha ha. Actually I wanted them to be somewhat like the characters, but my own story. He won't take it well if she does that is for sure.

• EatCheesEatChees Posts: 1,378 Member

When I don't have adaptive vsync on my card would get up to 150-200 FPS if the game camera was stationary. This was causing my card to get a tad too hot and it smelt like burning hair (Card was replaced although it was not damaged). Is your card a Nvidia card? Or is it ATI?
    Sig.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top