Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA apparently never had a chance with some people

Comments

• Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    edited August 2014
    You know what I can do? I can say sorry for misreading. But you'll still go on and on and call me a troll. Sorry for misreading, okay? Got it?

Oh and putting it out there, I never started the name calling :wink:
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    JoeWow1003 wrote: »
    Darkslayer wrote: »
    Except you did, right here. This is quoted directly from you by the way so don't even start acting as though you haven't said what you've said.

Wait, this is how the conversation played out:
    Complaining that toddlers and pools aren't in the game is a legitimate reason to be unhappy.
    SimChic1 wrote: »
    You're mad about no toddlers and pools? That is no reason to not like something.
    When did I ever say no toddlers or pools wasn't a reason not to like Sims 4?
    Except you did, right here. This is quoted directly from you by the way so don't even start acting as though you haven't said what you've said.

Okay so once again I'm very confused. I very specifically said no toddlers in the game is a very reasonable reason to be unhappy and yet you and SimChic1 have said I said the exact opposite.

If you're just here to troll then please find another forum to do it in, alright?
    I recognize you're a defender of TS4, and may we agree to disagree on those grounds.

But, you are in the right here. You said "is a legitimate reason" and they probably misread it as "isn't".

I misread nothing. If this is the comment I think it is then I was addressing his other comment about people expecting everything to be in the game and the game being too expensive. This new forum (which I keep having to refresh because it doesn't display comments in the order they were posted until I do) combined with his deflecting steered me into toddlers. But I know what I said and my point still stands.
  • Options
    LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    startama wrote: »
    Sara2573 wrote: »

I do realize it is a base game. They are being allowed to cut more and more out of the base game though. That's my problem with EA. I don't want to pay $30 for something that should be there anyway. :D

Do you want to pay for a Family Tree expansion pack? :p

You don't need to pay $30. Stop being impatient and wait until the EPs are less than $10 and sitting somewhere in the clearance rack. I don't disagree that EA has problems. But lots of fans like to overdramatize it. There is no reason why we absolutely need Family Trees, it's just some tiny little thing you can look at. You can't remember who the grandparents of your sims are? And considering how the sims act, clearly they still remember family members, without the actual tree. And you survived TS1 without toddlers...

Besides, I have hope. SimGuruGrant mentioned that the big gap between teens and children leave comfortable space for preteens. That idea might be expanded on in a future EP.

I'm under no illusions that this hasn't happened before. There were a lot of things missing from TS3 and it is one of the reasons I ended up disliking that game so much. However even with this in mind EA has taken it to new levels. Yes, restaurants disappeared from TS3 even though we were given a shiny new open world, pool tables, pianos, hot tubs and diving boards were also all missing... but be honest with me - does ANY of that compare to what has happened now?

Furthermore has EA actually brought any of those features BACK!? We know there are violins in the game... but that's about it to be the best of my knowledge (there might be hot tubs, not 100% on that). We still don't have restaurants, the world is closed again and blah blah blah. (Ugh I've made this point so many times I'm even getting sick of watching myself type). No they have not. Instead they've just taken even more away and "substituted" it with some insignificant features that would've been nice to have, but NOT as a replacement for what has been lost.

Edit: You are getting disagree clicks (seriously, is this what it's all boiling down to now? Complaining about disagrees? This place really is turning into Reddit) because you are attempting to defend a decision that quite frankly is undefendable. As I stated above I wholly acknowledge things have been taken out before, but now even more things have been taken out on top of what was taken out before.

You're freaking out and saying that a removal of toddlers, pools, and possibly family trees is some horrific thing that's totally worse than rabbitholes? That's an opinion on your part. Actually, there were more things in TS3 that were removed than we know about TS4 having removed. Three things. So terrible. Oh my god. /s
    And I made some little off-handed mention of disagree clicks. Calm down.

But it is. It reeks laziness
  • Options
    JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    edited August 2014
    Never mind. I had made a post saying they wouldn't acknowledge what I had really said but SimChic1 edited her post to acknowledge it.

It all good.
  • Options

I do realize it is a base game. They are being allowed to cut more and more out of the base game though. That's my problem with EA. I don't want to pay $30 for something that should be there anyway. :D

You don't need to pay $30. Stop being impatient and wait until the EPs are less than $10 and sitting somewhere in the clearance rack. I don't disagree that EA has problems. But lots of fans like to overdramatize it. There is no reason why we absolutely need Family Trees, it's just some tiny little thing you can look at. You can't remember who the grandparents of your sims are? And considering how the sims act, clearly they still remember family members, without the actual tree. And you survived TS1 without toddlers...

Besides, I have hope. SimGuruGrant mentioned that the big gap between teens and children leave comfortable space for preteens. That idea might be expanded on in a future EP.

I'm under no illusions that this hasn't happened before. There were a lot of things missing from TS3 and it is one of the reasons I ended up disliking that game so much. However even with this in mind EA has taken it to new levels. Yes, restaurants disappeared from TS3 even though we were given a shiny new open world, pool tables, pianos, hot tubs and diving boards were also all missing... but be honest with me - does ANY of that compare to what has happened now?

Furthermore has EA actually brought any of those features BACK!? We know there are violins in the game... but that's about it to be the best of my knowledge (there might be hot tubs, not 100% on that). We still don't have restaurants, the world is closed again and blah blah blah. (Ugh I've made this point so many times I'm even getting sick of watching myself type). No they have not. Instead they've just taken even more away and "substituted" it with some insignificant features that would've been nice to have, but NOT as a replacement for what has been lost.

Edit: You are getting disagree clicks (seriously, is this what it's all boiling down to now? Complaining about disagrees? This place really is turning into Reddit) because you are attempting to defend a decision that quite frankly is undefendable. As I stated above I wholly acknowledge things have been taken out before, but now even more things have been taken out on top of what was taken out before.

You're freaking out and saying that a removal of toddlers, pools, and possibly family trees is some horrific thing that's totally worse than rabbitholes? That's an opinion on your part. Actually, there were more things in TS3 that were removed than we know about TS4 having removed. Three things. So terrible. Oh my god. /s
    And I made some little off-handed mention of disagree clicks. Calm down.

It's a classic Reddit reaction. Make a post. Post gets downvotes. Make a comment about recieving downvotes because imaginary internet points matter for some reason. It's also another classic "I know I'm right and all these downvotes PROVES I'm right" stance which is usually leaned on by people who don't know how to have a proper debate.

I'm freaking out am I? Let me level with you sweetheart - I don't give a rats behind about toddlers, pools or terrain tools. I don't. They don't bother me whatsoever. What bothers me is the principal of the matter - these features are gone. Nothing has replaced them. The game is more expensive than TS3 was. Also let's see what has been removed shall we?

Toddlers.
    Teenagers (they might as well have been since they're just clones of adults now).
    Babies (they might as well have been since now they're just objects that are stuck in a cot all day. We had that before in TS1 but guess what? Like a good sequel should TS2 improved upon them. Even in TS3 babies can carried around, taken to lots etc)
    Terrain tools.
    CASt.
    Open world.
    Cars.
    Restaurants (still gone, even though the open world which was the excuse for rabbit holes is gone).

+ other features that I honestly can't be bothered to list right now so go luck them up.

Psh. Three things my bum.
  • Options
    Tsk tsk tsk no excuse for exclusion of restaurants either except to fleece the sheep for more cash come expansions
  • Options
    SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    edited August 2014
    Never mind. I had made a post saying they wouldn't acknowledge what I had really said but SimChic1 edited her post to acknowledge it.

It all good.

Oh Joe, I know you're not trying to call someone else out for editing their post after the fact. :D

I seem to remember a thread where you were making questionable edits all over the place. You know you're wrong for trying to call someone else out on your trick. :p

Edit: Oh wait, I've got it wrong. Oh well, it's still good information to have out there. I hope everyone remembers to quote in your replies immediately.

• Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    I feel like I'm reading a train wreck.

Not trying to single anyone out, but I'm wondering if some individuals were ever exposed to the Socratic method of discussion before?

o.O No family tree's!!! :? are they plumbob serious! So say I have two sibling sims raise families under the same roof will the cousins recognize each other as cousins or will they be able to get married to each other? That was one of the key's to the family tree, it kept {barring story progression plumbob's} sim's that were closely related from being able to become romantically involved.

one last thing before I go back to lurking, as it stands now ea could never pay me enough money to be a cheerleader for s4

ps, I'll let you readers decide what the plumbob(s) should be ;)>:)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    Sara2573Sara2573 Posts: 295 Member
    You know what I can do? I can say sorry for misreading. But you'll still go on and on and call me a troll. Sorry for misreading, okay? Got it?

Oh and putting it out there, I never started the name calling :wink:

Hey! An apology. We might be getting somewhere. :p

You don't need to pay $30. Stop being impatient and wait until the EPs are less than $10 and sitting somewhere in the clearance rack. I don't disagree that EA has problems. But lots of fans like to overdramatize it.

Was it necessary to say I'm being impatient? As I stated earlier, I am not buying the game at this point.

• Options

It all good.

I see you don'
    Seamoan wrote: »
    You know what I think, though? I find it funny that not only do people forget this is a Base Game and that we'll probably get toddlers and pools and others back later, but I find it funny that people forget the things that were forgotten in older games.
    Remember hot tubs not being in TS3, and everyone freaking out? Remember that alcohol was not present in TS2, and brought back as 'nectar' in TS3? Diving boards weren't in TS3. Lots couldn't be placed in TS3. Memories weren't in TS3. Here's even an old forum where people complain about TS2 not being enough like TS1.

You all need to stop saying how 'TS4 is so empty, they just took everything away!' It's ridiculous. This is a base game, and anything we're missing will likely come back with it. The same happened with TS3 after all- All things I listed came back with EPs and patches.

Furthermore has EA actually brought any of those features BACK!? We know there are violins in the game... but that's about it to be the best of my knowledge (there might be hot tubs, not 100% on that). We still don't have restaurants, the world is closed again and blah blah blah. Ugh I've made this point so many times I'm even getting sick of watching myself type.

You're doing great in my opinion. I have read everything you've said and agree fully. If your fingers get tired, feel free to step away from the thread and return at a later date - I promise Joe will wait and pick right back up where you guys left off. ;)

• Options

Not trying to single anyone out, but I'm wondering if some individuals were ever exposed to the Socratic method of discussion before?

o.O No family tree's!!! :? are they plumbob serious! So say I have two sibling sims raise families under the same roof will the cousins recognize each other as cousins or will they be able to get married to each other? That was one of the key's to the family tree, it kept {barring story progression plumbob's} sim's that were closely related from being able to become romantically involved.

one last thing before I go back to lurking, as it stands now ea could never pay me enough money to be a cheerleader for s4

I believe they will still recognize each other as cousins, but you can't view the picture of the family tree.
    I might be wrong. I haven't heard about this until now.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Oh Joe, I know you're not trying to call someone else out for editing their post after the fact. :D

I seem to remember a thread where you were making questionable edits all over the place. You know you're wrong for trying to call someone else out on your trick. :p

Holy heck I just can't win. I was going to edit my post with a "never mind" but then I was even specifically remembering that thread so I thought "Naww, let's at least put a reason in here why I'm editing this." So I do that exact thing and I still catch flak?

Can't I catch a break? :(

I even made sure to edit out SimChic's original quote before she edited it. Isn't that like a good thing?
  • Options
    CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
    Bokimbol wrote: »
    Well, EA is getting a big time backlash for how bad they screwed up Sim City I am sure. Many people on here complaining about the game and signing petitions I am sure would not be if it were not for the Sim City fiasco. There would be more faith in the game without that.

Then it appears they are making the same mistake with the Sims that they did with Sim City of not listening to the fans and their concerns. When will these companies learn it's not a good idea to take things out of a game that fans like or want? Especially if so many are telling you so?

I think there is a "piling on" mentality going on here now too. "Hey, Bob and Sue hate the game, I might as well hate it too." I sort of catch myself doing it too before I remember many of the things they are complaining about does not mean that much to me. In all honesty, pools being taken out is not that big a deal to me and the toddlers not much more. The graphics, house building and how the Sims look mean much more to me and I actually like what I have seen in these areas. The new emotions....not too sure about that either way because basically it seems that all that is, is a "relabeling" of the things they always did with a few new animations. With less of them to start than before. So I suspect that is just a marketing ploy to make it seem we are getting something new when all it is , is the same old thing with a new coat of paint. But we shell see.

I think many people feel that they should have The new sims game with most or all of the add on they already bought for the old one. The game feels incomplete without them for them and I am sure some don't like the idea of having to buy them all over again. Not to mention there is a sneaking suspicion that EA is going to charge people for the things they didn't have time to put in this game at launch but should have. And having to pay $70 for what many deem as a incomplete game or nothing more than a glorified add on dosn't help either.

I literally haven't played them Sims in years. I just get tired of any game after awhile. That is why the missing features don't bother me as much as it does for other people that have been playing the game all along. To me, I haven't played the game in so long, I almost don't even notice they are missing. LOL. Thats why the new game "looks like" it's going to be a lot of fun for me. But I totally get why others feel differently. To me, EA is screwing up Royally! If this game tanks as many of you think it may, how in the world do they release two major games in a row and not make sure they are absolutely perfect when they do? After the Sim City release, they should of gone back and packed this game with every single perk and feature they could think of. Instead, they subtract things fans love about the game and try to mask it by putting a few "talking heads" on youtube telling you about the 2 or 3 new features they did add. "Talking Heads" that look different than but seem to be spouting off the same type of propaganda that the "talking heads" from Sim City did before it's release. I really feel the powers that be at EA think that just because the name "Sim" is in the title, they can get away with almost anything. So sad really when "Cooperate" starts making the games and not the developers.

I ask you, if this game tanks like Sim City did, how many of you will ever buy an EA game again?

I don't buy EA Games to begin with. They haven't made a good game in years.SSX and Sims 3 were the last EA games I bought
  • Options

I believe they will still recognize each other as cousins, but you can't view the picture of the family tree.
    It'll really suck for legacy players if there really isn't one. Don't some like to take screenshots of the tree and post it? Idk I'm not one lol but I'm pretty sure they do that and that'll suck if it's gone.

• Options
    SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member

Holy heck I just can't win. I was going to edit my post with a "never mind" but then I was even specifically remembering that thread so I thought "Naww, let's at least put a reason in here why I'm editing this." So I do that exact thing and I still catch flak?

I even made sure to edit out SimChic's original quote before she edited it. Isn't that like a good thing?

I know, I got it wrong. You win this time. Savor the flavor, my trollish friend, it will never happen again. :p

• Options
    GillieGillie Posts: 1,708 Member

I've been leaving this forum open in another tab. You've been arguing with random people for over three hours. Now you want a break?

• Options
    It'll really suck for legacy players if there really isn't one. Don't some like to take screenshots of the tree and post it? Idk I'm not one lol but I'm pretty sure they do that and that'll suck if it's gone.

I'm not a legacy player, but some people do like to take screenshots of their family tree to post. I, personally, like just looking at the family tree sometimes.

• Options
    He doesn't get paid to take breaks
    #workingatEA
  • Options

I'm not a legacy player, but some people do like to take screenshots of their family tree to post. I, personally, like just looking at the family tree sometimes.

I don't stay with a family past gen 3. I'll just move in a new family and play them, so I never see the previous family tree unless for some reason I switch back :lol:
  • Options
    deibreakdeibreak Posts: 386 Member

Yes our sims still have family ties, it's the actual visual family tree that people can't find and aren't sure about.
  • Options
    Gillie wrote: »
    I've been leaving this forum open in another tab. You've been arguing with random people for over three hours. Now you want a break?

Well I gotta take a break sometime.
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    To answer the OP, EA definitely had a chance with me about TS4 when it was first announced. I was so excited and really looking forward to it, since I've bought, played, and mostly loved TS, TS2, and TS3. But I hate the cartoony, sophomoric art style and the plastic chunks of hair. Almost everything they've announced has pushed me further away -- no toddlers, no open world, no CASt.
  • Options
    skittlejgskittlejg Posts: 155 Member
    edited August 2014
    The clipping is way worse in this game. But you have to realize, The Sims 2 and Sims 3 base game had more to offer than this base game, and it's freaking 2014! By now, we should expect a color wheel. We should expect pools, which by the way have always been in The Sims. The problem is not that they're charging more or don't have every feature of the other games, but the fact that this base game seems to have less than the others AND costs a lot.
  • Options
    AyuismAyuism Posts: 286 Member
    This tread is a mess...

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited August 2014
    Chain wrote: »
    EA made great games in the past: Sims 1, Sims 2, SSX Tricky. People who criticize EA want to wake them up and make sure they start making good games again after a 5 year hiatus. I criticize EA and Maxis because I CARE about the Sims franchisea dn I'm not gonna cheer on them for their recent efforts. They can do better than this.

So kinda tangential to the topic, but...

EA never touched Sims 1. They acquired Maxis about halfway between the release of the Sims 2 and 3 - pretty much exactly the time when quality started dropping.
    EA acquired Maxis before Sims 1 was started, Maxis had nearly went out of business after Simcopter failed. EA allowed Maxis to keep their name on the game but was governed by EA. You can google it and find out for yourself if you wish.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen