Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAS body part sculpting limit

What concerns me the most about The Sims 4 is that The Create-A-Sim tool, when you drag a body part, has a red boundary marker. I most certainly hope this is not the case for the full game. Because it wouldn't be fair if we couldn't shape sims how we want.

Imagine giving sims a long, pointy nose or giant eyes. Don't you think we should be able to do this?

Comments

• InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    I agree
  • Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    I agree as well, the limitations are pretty severe... They should at least allow us to press and hold a key to override them.
    raw
  • OgodeiOgodei Posts: 131 Member
    edited August 2014
    I actually think it's generally fine as it is, enough abdominations in the gallery already lol. Although I agree that in some individual cases it's a little limited and they could give us a bit more room.
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Yes the red boundary is hit too fast. I agree. We need mods for that
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • PiiPii Posts: 1 New Member
    When making look-a-likes I really struggle with the limitations on the face, especially with eyebrows (I wish there was a way to adjust the thickness of eyebrows too), how high I can drag the jaw, up/down position of mouth and nose and how close the eyes can be dragged to the eyebrows. And I'd really need the bridge of the nose to have two points to adjust wideness (some people have wider upper part and narrowed lower part before the tip of the nose or vice versa)
  • Lucky25Lucky25 Posts: 544 Member
    I agree that some of the boundaries are a little annoying, for instance, the eyebrows. But most of it is okay. I can still build my Sims how I like them. Average and 'normal' looking!
    ace46abf-17de-4ccb-b09d-2f869a1566dc_zpswzf3im24.jpg
  • KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    Don't forget that every preset has different boundaries. Choosing a thin body preset and maxing it out won't look nearly as large as the larger preset at max. =)
  • OgodeiOgodei Posts: 131 Member
    Don't forget that every preset has different boundaries. Choosing a thin body preset and maxing it out won't look nearly as large as the larger preset at max. =)

Oh, that's good to know. I've been wondering how presets work exactly actually. I have the feeling they don't really affect the "sliders" directly. So let's say if I have my nose tip thickness set to 76%, then pick a differnet preset nose (or face) that setting will still be at 76% so to say, right? I mean it won't reset modifications I made thus far … if anyone gets what I mean?
  • KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    Ogodei wrote: »

Oh, that's good to know. I've been wondering how presets work exactly actually. I have the feeling they don't really affect the "sliders" directly. So let's say if I have my nose tip thickness set to 76%, then pick a differnet preset nose (or face) that setting will still be at 76% so to say, right? I mean it won't reset modifications I made thus far … if anyone gets what I mean?

From my experience, it does not keep the modifications when you switch to a preset. But say you have a thin nose preset, it will widen (let's call it clicks) 10 clicks. But if you pick another nose that is already wide, it will widen 10 clicks as well making it much thicker than the previous nose.

I could be wrong, but this is how I've understood it to work.
  • LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    edited August 2014
    There are a lot of limitations in the face too. You can't make someone's mouth wide at all! I hope it isn't that way in the real game
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • NomPlayNomPlay Posts: 219 Member
    Tbh I would expect that to either be a cheat or be introduced as a cheat, I certainly wouldn't want it to be the norm, think of their children! O_O
  • SlyBootsSlyBoots Posts: 559 Member
    I agree, even while trying to make my simself and people I know I've needed to drag the facial features and some body parts further than the boundaries. Even simple things like lowering the eyebrows it won't let me do! :disappointed:
  • IkajoIkajo Posts: 335 Member
    SlyBoots wrote: »
    I agree, even while trying to make my simself and people I know I've needed to drag the facial features and some body parts further than the boundaries. Even simple things like lowering the eyebrows it won't let me do! :disappointed:

You can lower the eyebrows if you don't enter detail mode. I've done it quite a few times already.

Alcande, an original story in a fantasy setting. Read for free.
  • NoahBangsNoahBangs Posts: 91 Member
    @NomPlay A cheat is a brilliant idea for that.

@Everyone_Else I am so glad you guys agree with me.
  • BlazerineBlazerine Posts: 2,544 Member
    Well.. clay doesn't have "limits."
  • NJSimmerNJSimmer Posts: 166 Member
    I think the sliders in TS3 were much more effective, especially if you ramped them up (using a cheat like NRAAS). I tried to make a Christina Aguilera in the TS4CASDemo and can't even come close. I had her spot on in TS3
  • AntoinePlayGameMoreAntoinePlayGameMore Posts: 2 New Member
    hope there is a mod out there that extends those limits. I have been looking for that type of mod for about 7 mounths now and still had not luck :(