Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to adjust nose tip

horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
I'm getting the hang of most of the manipulation in CAS I think, but I'm trying to upturn/downturn the nose tip, and can't figure out how to do that. Can anyone give me an idea of how to do it please?
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    NoahreddenNoahredden Posts: 1,076 Member
    Move your mouse around really quickly. Eventually you'll get the shape you want
  • Options
    Noahredden wrote: »
    Move your mouse around really quickly. Eventually you'll get the shape you want

Thanks. I think I managed somehow on one sim but couldn't figure out how I did it lol. Will need to practice this. :)
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    MissHoney118MissHoney118 Posts: 1,403 Member
    nx88aw.png

Grab that part of the nose when in Detail Mode and drag the cursor up/down.
    23u1xdu.gif
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    And looking at the face from side-on, if I am guessing what you are trying to do right. :)
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    If you're trying to rotate the nose to give an upturned tip, don't try it in detail mode, just regular side view.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the help.
  • Options
    Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    Yes, I was actually having trouble with this also, have no idea, sometimes it seems to work and sometimes it doesn't for me, I also seem to be having trouble raising the noise height without distorting the nose, I guess it just takes some getting used to
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Yup as everyone said go around the nose in side view, but NOT in detail mode and move left and right once it's clicked.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Yay thanks. I couldn't do this either. Once I got a hooked nose but couldn't work out how to do just the tip.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    KayParfaitKayParfait Posts: 436 Member
    edited August 2014
    You need to hover the mouse over the bridge of the nose to get a rotation icon to move the tip. Not exactly what you would think but yeah.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    TS2's BS has five or six sliders just to adjust the nose tip shape, size, up or down at the tip, up or down at the bridge and more...I wish this game did.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    KayParfait wrote: »
    You need to hover the mouse over the bridge of the nose to get a rotation icon to move the tip. Not exactly what you would think but yeah.

Thanks. Kind of a weird choice but you helped me out there. :)
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    -To do the tip,,stay zoomed out and turn your gal sideways.

-Slowly move your mouse up the nose on the side (picture where your glasses usually hit your nose). You will see your curser turn to a circular arrow (like a rotate icon) .

- When you see that icon click and pull a bit and you will see the tip gp ip or doiwn.
  • Options
    Thanks again. I think when I managed on an earlier sim it was by luck. Now I know why I haven't been able recreate it.
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    Several responses are correct. You want to turn to the side and up close (but NOT in detail mode), then move your mouse over the bridge of nose until you see the "circular" icon (NOT the cross-bar icon) then pull on the bridge of nose to get the nose tip to turn upwards. See pics below:

Use this icon:
    NoseTip3_zps1c5c0644.jpg

Not this one:
    NoseTip4_zps1ff170ed.jpg
  • Options
    Pamhamlet wrote: »
    Several responses are correct. You want to turn to the side and up close (but NOT in detail mode), then move your mouse over the bridge of nose until you see the "circular" icon (NOT the cross-bar icon) then pull on the bridge of nose to get the nose tip to turn upwards. See pics below:

Use this icon:
    NoseTip3_zps1c5c0644.jpg

Not this one:
    NoseTip4_zps1ff170ed.jpg

Thanks for the pics. Going to try it out now.
  • Options
    Finally. Got it working. Thanks everyone. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top