March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Caster - Create a Style-like Custom Content Creation Tool (Update: Swatch Image and Resize)

ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
tumblr_inline_nb5f5trBUu1sknlub.png

I've developed a custom content creation tool for The Sims 4 that I named #Caster, after CASt. The tool allows you to select a base texture and apply a pattern on top of it. Advanced users can use a "Mask" and apply up to four patterns in different areas of the image. There is also a built-in Image Editor for changing the brightness, contrast and tint of any part of the creation.

The program can read package files, but it cannot write them. Due to a serious bug, the tool can no longer read package files. You will still need Color Magic and S4PE to actually import content to the game.

You can download here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/dw0frmkxhjywvy2/Caster.rar

The official page for the tool is here: http://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/93595004787/caster-create-a-style-for-the-sims-4-new-version (sorry it's in a mess at the moment after upgrading from the first version, I'll clean it up another time)
Post edited by Zerbu on

Comments

• MadameButterflyMadameButterfly Posts: 116 Member
    I'm still waiting on my demo so I can try this out! Hopefully this week, perhaps? I hope so. <3
  • CandacisCandacis Posts: 186 Member
    Thanks for doing this @Zerbu . It is really appreciated. I will try it out as soon as I get the demo.
  • this right here is gold
  • TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    Wow, that's awesome! Thank you for your work on this program! <3
  • cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    This is amazing @Zerbu!
  • HeringworldHeringworld Posts: 1 New Member
    Awesome!!! <3
  • xczasiaxczasia Posts: 53 Member
    I can try it tomorrow, perhaps? *wishful thinking*
  • ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited August 2014
    UPDATE

Sorry everyone, but I’ve had to rollback the feature for extracting DDS files from package files from Caster. I hadn’t realized at the time that the feature malfunctions and produces incorrectly aligned files, resulting in very glitchy CC. In the updated version, base images will use a folder just like with patterns and masks. I'll update the screenshot later.

Also, thanks everyone who posted nice comments! :)
  • simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    I'll for sure want to try this out soon :) I recently made two custom shirts using color magic and it'll be nice to have even more customization options. Thanks for sharing!
    HSon1Mq.png
  • Excursions0Excursions0 Posts: 138 Member
    when i try to open it it says it has encountered a problem and needs to close :(
  • debsilva3debsilva3 Posts: 180 Member
    Just downloaded this program and I am looking forward to trying it out in the am. This program just might change my ideas about the Sims 4. I was really going to miss the creative aspect of the game as I liked making my Sims clothes and homes unique.
    Thanks so much for sharing this with us.
    Please feel free to add me on Origin. My username is mtglady
    I am also mtglady on the awesome Carl's Sims 4 Guide

If you can't talk to your cats about catnip, who will?

• simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    Could you maybe do a quick youtube video of a basic process of this? I'm trying to set it up the base folder and I'm not having much luck... I'm usually good at tech stuff but for some reason sims customizing stuff hasn't been easy for me the last couple games. haha
    HSon1Mq.png
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    Awesome! I must try it out, too. :D
  • SimonettaCSimonettaC Posts: 59 Member
    I have had a little go and I really like it! <3
  • ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    when i try to open it it says it has encountered a problem and needs to close :(

That's weird... is anyone else having this problem?
  • CraziiMikuCraziiMiku Posts: 436 Member
    Caster. See what you did there CX
  • EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    Wow this looks cool, i look forward to seeing what people make with this!
  • carly552carly552 Posts: 119 Member
    edited August 2014
    Maybe if i got the sims 4 cas demo I can download this.
    baby-pink-cute-cute-night-gif-Favim.com-3891443.gif

• ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    thanks zerbu! ill have to give it go tonight.
  • Ragdoll-RuneRagdoll-Rune Posts: 27 New Member
    Thank you so much! I am such a color matcher, this is much needed. I was willing to cope but if I don't have to... lol
  • ZoneXZoneX Posts: 25 Member
    This is extremely useful. I've found that most of the blacks don't match, especially when it comes to shoes. Now I can make my sims entire outfit look more cohesive.
  • LavenderZayLavenderZay Posts: 710 Member
    Once I'm able to figure out my demo, I will need to get my hands on this! I'm a big CASt person, so the Sims 4's Sims aren't really impressing me as far as looks and clothing. Thanks so much for this awesome mod, hopefully I'll be able to use this!
  • Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    edited August 2014
    Thanks so much for this awesome mod

Not a mod :) It's a tool for CREATING mods.
  • DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    Looks promising.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • brajan147brajan147 Posts: 6 New Member
    Nice! It's really useful :smiley: