Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition to delay The Sims 4: 712 signatures and counting.

Comments

• twotones121214twotones121214 Posts: 266 Member
    edited August 2014
    LOL I'll bump for you guys because I understand why this is here and I kind of agree but...you guys actually think EA is going to delay the game? Or more specifically, because of this petition? I mean... :lol:
    tumblr_lxi0ubopEk1qhycbto1_500.png
  • rk800rk800 Posts: 541 Member
    edited August 2014
    Sign
    2cr3bs9.png
  • BaelzianythBaelzianyth Posts: 684 Member
    edited August 2014
    Signed.

However:
    This game is being compared to previous games and it isn't, with a straight face, fair to the development team to do so. They can't be expected to remake Sims 3 while adding all kinds of new features for Sims 4.

But everyone who has played the Sims before should sign because no matter how many new features are added to a much better base game due to technological improvements on that base game, we have unrealistic expectations for that base game. Like terrain deformation.

I've been hoping that Sims 4 might have, for the first time ever, Sims that can smoothly walk into a car, drive it around at realistic speeds, park it, and get out smoothly without popping in and out of thin air. Maybe even the same thing for changing outfits. But I'm not expecting the reinvention of the wheel because all the team would give us is a pyramid.

So will the Sims 4 base game be fun short term? probably. Will it be worth buying expansion after expansion with the knowledge so many features and so much content will not be in the game? NOPE.

How can the dev team seriously not be able to have this fancy new engine and lose so much core Sims 3 functionality? ***?! delay launch until lots aren't flat, delay launch until Sims can freely walk around and explore the world, there's toddlers and family trees. I mean seriously deleting so many core features and demanding full price? make the base game free then since so many expansions and stuff packs will be required to make the game interesting.
    Forum needs a Sympathy option to add to disagree (automatic), Agree (after finding proof of statement elsewhere), Like (not sure what this is for other than sympathy comments to OPs that done a bad), and LOL (at oblivious people posting comments fishing for sympathy).
  • TheSims3champTheSims3champ Posts: 6 New Member
    edited August 2014
    Signed, Count me in 2
  • Jdavij20033Jdavij20033 Posts: 2,054 Member
    edited August 2014
    Thanks, TheSims3champ!

How did this get to page 8??
    rifJadC.png
  • kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited August 2014

Tut tut that won't do. :)
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • 3PupDLS3PupDLS Posts: 882 Member
    edited August 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:

Tut tut that won't do. :)

No that won't do at all
  • HOBBLEIHOBBLEI Posts: 14 New Member
    signed

I'm just really not looking forward to this game I preordered it ages ago but I changed my mind today. All the things I loved about the sims 3 has been taken away.
  • windchime00windchime00 Posts: 294 Member
    Politely not signing.
  • tea_and_bluestea_and_blues Posts: 889 Member
    Updated.
  • donminottdonminott Posts: 57 Member
    lol you guys really think this will delay the game???
    edited August 2014
    No, but I think it's important that the message gets through all the same. Personally it doesn't affect me, I'm not getting the game, but seeing as I started the petition I feel a duty to keep it updated up until release. :)
  • jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    .....because petitions have worked so well in the past... :p
  • Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    Are you serious? There's like three weeks until launch. -__-
    Aussie_Simmer
  • sophstar007sophstar007 Posts: 112 Member
    Please put my name down as signed.

I really want this game. But The Sims franchise is the only one I care about truly...so I want the base game to set the scene for the rest of The Sims 4. I'm torn truthfully.
    293xf8g.jpg
    Updated. I don't expect a delay, although TS3 was delayed around 2-3 weeks prior to launch. The least unhappy commenters could do is read the OP. ;)
  • DolphineQDolphineQ Posts: 1,799 Member
    You know what I'd really like?
    I'd really like to know how many people have cancelled their preorders over the last two months.
    I'd really like to know HOW many preorders there actually are. I know the rumours said 100.000 preorders, but I've not seen official confirmation of that anywhere what so ever. What I have seen, however, is a LOT of simmers cancelling their preorders and I cannot help thinking that it is very strange that this fact alone doesn't get EA's attention. And that EA doesn't see what they're doing to our beloved series/franchise.

I'm still strongy supporting this petition, more and more each day ad more "missing features" etc. gets revealed. Here's to hoping that EA will look back at this thread someday and realize WHY their EMO game flopped so hard!
    Please share and support me in my work with rescue cats! https://www.gofundme.com/DolphineQCats

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • chococat9chococat9 Posts: 948 Member
    DolphineQ wrote: »
    You know what I'd really like?
    I'd really like to know how many people have cancelled their preorders over the last two months.
    I'd really like to know HOW many preorders there actually are. I know the rumours said 100.000 preorders, but I've not seen official confirmation of that anywhere what so ever. What I have seen, however, is a LOT of simmers cancelling their preorders and I cannot help thinking that it is very strange that this fact alone doesn't get EA's attention. And that EA doesn't see what they're doing to our beloved series/franchise.

I'm still strongy supporting this petition, more and more each day ad more "missing features" etc. gets revealed. Here's to hoping that EA will look back at this thread someday and realize WHY their EMO game flopped so hard!

On the forums there always looks like there are more people that don't like the game/cancelled preorders, bc that's who comes here to post. Unhappy people are always the loudest, but not necessarily the majority.
    fbb466ed-3c80-4341-94a8-f6b7439fcbce_zps74fe4b3c.jpg
  • DrGorillaDrGorilla Posts: 253 Member
    Also the statistics typically cited on preorder count comes from an apocryphal source that has vast limitations in its fact-gathering. For one, it doesn't include the Origin pre-order count. The only true test of buyer intent will come with the first week sales statistics count, which we can compare to the TS3 and TS2 first sales counts.
  • residentevilobresidentevilob Posts: 141 Member
    I have to agree this needs delayed. As someone who had high hopes for games that were rushed (And they failed), which were Spyro 4, Resident Evil 6, Silent Hill Downpour, Tomb Raider Angel of darkness, etc, I believe this game needs delayed or else it WILL have problems.
  • Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    Signed.
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • mattific17mattific17 Posts: 137 Member
    Yea, keep going! You never know what could happen within three weeks.
  • VampirspiegeleiVampirspiegelei Posts: 704 Member
    If the game will come out with a lot of gamebreaking bugs, glitches and stability issues then I'll agree that the game has been rushed.

At this point it'd be more important for the game to run smooth - despite some things people consider missing.
    ... jinkies oO
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited August 2014
    If the game will come out with a lot of gamebreaking bugs, glitches and stability issues then I'll agree that the game has been rushed.

At this point it'd be more important for the game to run smooth - despite some things people consider missing.

I hope you're wrong about it being full of bugs. If the bugs and glitches are serious enough, I think that it would unlikely that EA wouldn't delay the game. However, from what footage I've seen of the game, it looks like it plays okay over all, and I don't think that any of it is from the final version.
    Post edited by Damienf519 on
  • Tensai_ZooTensai_Zoo Posts: 109 Member
    Signed.