Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Username Change

Do you think we'll ever be able to change our username on here? I'd rather have my name here match my Origin username so people can find me easier to play games with.
Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

Comments

• SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    edited August 2014
    I am on hold with EA Customer support making that request as I type this.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    Awesome, I was just about to do the same! I really hope there is a way because I don't want people to confuse the Origin account with this username as me when it's someone else.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

I was fortunate enough to get the CAS demo for TS4. The gallery uses my Origin Id. When I come here there is no obvious way to connect this forum Identity to my Gallery Identity. I am assuming The Sims 4 Gallery will function the same as the CAS Demo.
    That's my concern as well. My creations are uploaded by my Origin username NaterXander, and I was hoping to change this username to that as well so people can find my creations easily.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    I am happy with my username and do not wish to change it. I want my friends to be able to find me ( ^‿^)
    rnKEhBT.png
    I am happy with my username and do not wish to change it. I want my friends to be able to find me ( ^‿^)

That's exactly my issue though, I want people to be able to find me. haha That would be difficult with two different usernames.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• So how exactly did you get a hold of Customer Support? I've been searching for the same thing. ^^
    @Zantosxx - I was left on hold for over an hour. Gave up and am jumping through the hoops on hold again. I clicked on Customer Support at the bottom of this page.
    I don't think they'll let us, which is quite strange seeing as there is a text box for username and email under edit profile. It doesn't let us change it there because you can't click the box, but just the fact that it's a simple text box led me to beleive we'd be able to change it eventually.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• amazinggdudetteamazinggdudette Posts: 84 Member
    Wilderwolf wrote: »
    but just the fact that it's a simple text box led me to beleive we'd be able to change it eventually.

I noticed this too and hope this is the case. Maybe when the forum update is finished or when TS4 launches?

@Wilderwolf - Well..... I am banging my head against a wall!!! After 2 hours on the phone with customer support they changed it! NOT.

My The Sims forum identity has been changed everywhere at www.thesims3.com. My Store Account and everything has been changed to my Origin ID which is Barbara917.

Everywhere except here that is because EA Customer support doesn't know this site exists! Literally! :#
    I guess I'll just wait a bit before I do it to make sure they know about this site then. Sorry you've struggled so much for nothing.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• CAWW1111CAWW1111 Posts: 13 New Member
    Did you have to get them to change your sn on thesims3.com or did it just change by itself? I recently changed my orgin sn and I was desperately hoping it would roll over to the sims.
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Seriously, I changed my origin ID because I'm so over this user and I'd like to change on here too. I could deal with keeping mine for TS3, but I would have wanted to change it for TS4 (if I even get it) and I'm stuck with this now even for the sims 4. I do hope it's enabled to be changed later. I saw the box too so I'm hoping it's just not enabled yet, but I have my doubts.
  • lionesskitty09lionesskitty09 Posts: 1,827 Member
    I was hoping to change mine too! :) Minus the 09. lol
    25316144021_1a6fd75cf6_b.jpg
    It's nice knowing a lot of people want this, hopefully it'll make them more likely to allow it.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• fryfrkhllyfryfrkhlly Posts: 659 Member
    I wanted to change mine for so very long...
  • CAWW1111CAWW1111 Posts: 13 New Member
    I think the way it looks they may give us the option to change it. Why would there be a box if we couldn't. I'm excited to see this place when its finished. I never really got into the sims 3 forums, but if they let me change my name I may be able to get into this.
  • robotpanda34robotpanda34 Posts: 3,387 Member
    I want to change my username too...
  • xox_sugarlips_xoxxox_sugarlips_xox Posts: 98 Member
    I'd like mine changed too... for obvious reasons... I was 15! I made a bad decision.
    VzmSMfi.png
  • GillieGillie Posts: 1,708 Member
    My Origin ID is different and I want a new forum username. It's time for a fresh start without making a new account.
  • MajestykMajestyk Posts: 2,624 Member
    If anyone manages to changes their's let us know please I know several people who want to change their name
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I am only speculating here, but there is a "report user name" or some such option now, which leads me to believe we'll eventually be able to change our user names. Personally, I'm fine with mine. I'm not creative enough about myself to come up with anything clever (which is how I got WriterJunkie... I was really into my writing at the time). But I saw the option to report user name on another post and it made me think that means we'd eventually have the option to change them.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • stewielover1992stewielover1992 Posts: 308 Member
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, I want to change mine as well. I made this username when I was 16. I didn't think I'd be stuck with it for 5 years. Thank goodness the gallery uses our origin ID.
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    edited August 2014
    @stewielover1992

Despite that most people know me by it, so I'd be afraid to change it without any warning...I made mine originally for the TS2 site...I was 12 back then! I also didn't think I'd be stuck with it this long. Ugh. It's so unoriginal and horrible. Part of me wants to change it. The other part is afraid people would forget I existed if I did!