Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Long Will The Sims 3 Store be Open?

The last Sims 3 Store pack has been released, and I asked my mom for simpoints and/or a Sims 3 world for my birthday, which is after The Sims 4 comes out. I was just wondering if The Sims 3 Store will be open after The Sims 4 releases, and if you can still make purchases there.
simssignature_zpstlsaiz9k.jpg

Comments

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    edited August 2014
    SimGuruTaterTot said that the store will remain open so people can still purchase items from there. When they closed down the store for TS2, they closed it down 2 years after TS3 came out. We're hoping that EA keeps the TS3 store open longer than they did TS2. Not everyone is moving on over to TS4. I know that I'm not as I am still staying with TS3 for a long time to come... :)
  • cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited August 2014
    I am afraid that my crystal ball is broken. I have no clue. And, unfortunately, the EA team hasn't let us know either.
  • figmentzfigmentz Posts: 504 Member
    edited August 2014
    lisasc360 wrote:
    SimGuruTaterTot said that the store will remain open so people can still purchase items from there. When they closed down the store for TS2, they closed it down 2 years after TS3 came out. We're hoping that EA keeps the TS3 store open longer than they did TS2. Not everyone is moving on over to TS4. I know that I'm not as I am still staying with TS3 for a long time to come... :)

Thanks! I am going to play The Sims 4, but I'm still going to play The Sims 3. I even still play The Sims 1 sometimes!
    simssignature_zpstlsaiz9k.jpg
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    edited August 2014
    figmentz wrote:
    lisasc360 wrote:

Thanks! I am going to play The Sims 4, but I'm still going to play The Sims 3. I even still play The Sims 1 sometimes!

You're welcome... :)
  • ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited August 2014
    Well they'd be foolish not to. A domain name is less than $20/year. They own the webspace already so that's not costing them, and it isn't costing them to design anything.

All they need is for some minimum wage clerk to designate what items for the daily deal and weekly special will be. And if they eliminate those things, they don't need anyone to monitor it at all.

• TheZommbieTheZommbie Posts: 712 New Member
    edited August 2014
    lisasc360 wrote:

also said they would continue making content after the sims 4 was released... i would back up all downloads anyway