Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Running list of confirmed features, 201 and counting!

Comments

• PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited August 2014
    Another feature that is new (don't think I saw it listed here yet) is the ability of the player to jump right into build/buy mode from live mode on a community lot. Shown here (dated 8-4-14) about 3/4 of the way down the page, and explained by SG-Graham at 11:55 mark:

Video: "Kotaku - 18 min. Sims 4 Presentation" (on SimsVIP site)
    http://simsvip.com/page/6/

Also--I remember reading or hearing somewhere (SimsVIP?) that the player can edit any house on any lot without having to first evict the resident Sims.

I love these two new useful features of Sims4! :)
  • gameliagamelia Posts: 703 Member
    edited August 2014
    Not sure if these have been mentioned already, but I have noticed the following in videos and news posts:

more complex behaviors based on personality and emotions
    capturing memories from screenshots; Sims reminisce and remember how they felt
    the ability to take selfies
    photo bombs?
    two branches of cooking skills: home cooking and gourmet cooking
    punching bag
    eTablets
    wood stoves (yeah!)
    lots of decorative objects for more realism (coat/hat racks, knife block, tea service. etc)
    treadmills with incline
    rockets
    wedding arch (not in TS3 base game, but was in TS2)
    dying of laughter
    power outages
    genetics, including mixed raced offspring with realistic "middle" skin tones
    ability to share individual rooms, not just homes and Sims
    decorative steamboats and trollies
    new soundtracks for CAS and Build Modes, including sound changes with task changes
    new music for Live Mode, including musical sound bites when emotions are triggered

--+++ Simming since 2000. All packs. All in! +++--
  • gameliagamelia Posts: 703 Member
    edited August 2014
    ebuchala wrote:

And, as much as people hated Graham's comments about why they should buy TS4, he pretty much summed up how I feel about the games. I really do believe that it's got to be hard to market more abstract features (Emotions, multitasking) in comparison to physical features (pools, toddlers, etc.).

I agree! New gameplay has to be experienced to be fully appreciated. I'm not buying TS4 to get more "stuff." I can download that online for TS3. I want to experience a whole new Sims game.

Looking forward to it!
    --+++ Simming since 2000. All packs. All in! +++--
  • princesstunechiprincesstunechi Posts: 13 New Member
    edited August 2014
    The weight of losing CASt and Open World drowns out most of the positive, at least for me. If Sims 4 turns out to be easy (or easier) to mod than was Sims 3, that would be agenuine feature, in my book. Won't know for quite some time, though.
    i see where your coming from and I honestly do like create a style. maybe a mod will come along that enables that but time will tell
  • I_am_beanI_am_bean Posts: 1,568 Member
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    bflury wrote:
    The definition of "base" does not necessarily mean the first release of the game. It means everything that is included in the game with the stand alone purchase.

Which is exactly why I was very clear in my first post to list things that are going to be in Sims 4 at launch compared to what was in Sims 3 at launch.
    bflury wrote:
    What happens if they add a small feature between printing the disks and release for Sims 4? Would you not call that part of the base package if it was patched in like a week after release? Of course you would.

Which is why it's silly to list a bunch of features that aren't in the version every is currently playing instead of just listing features that the developers have specifically stated won't be in the base game.

I LOVE this thread! :lol::wink:
    It's funny to see all the anti-sims 4 whining and stomping their feet in this thread. And for clarification, if you want this list edited...you might want to take a closer look at your own "list" and I use that term loosely. Majority of your "crippling" features were not in the base game from day one, but slowly patched over the course of 5 years. Come back in another 5 years when TS5 comes out and we can compare more accurately your base game list for TS3 to TS4's.

Oh, and TS3 has ripped off TS2 and TS1 features and sold them on TS3 store...so lets get real for a moment shall we. :wink:
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited August 2014
    thanks for the list. im really excited about many new features, like water being turned off, being poor in 4 could be really miserable- cant wait!
  • bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited August 2014
    I_am_bean wrote:
    Majority of your "crippling" features were not in the base game from day one, but slowly patched over the course of 5 years.
    Last time I checked less than 5% was not considered a "majority". Of course, my math skills are a little rusty these days :)
    I_am_bean wrote:
    I LOVE this thread! :lol::wink:
    It's funny to see all the anti-sims 4 whining and stomping their feet in this thread.
    Umm... yeah stomping our feet :roll:. Maybe you should read what were writing a little closer :). Besides, I personally wasn't even responding to this troll. He just edits his post to remove the original context.

I corrected another poster on the definition of base. Which ironically the troll (whom may reply here some how confusing my talking about him as not ignoring him :roll: ) confesses that my definitions were correct.
    I_am_bean wrote:
    And for clarification, if you want this list edited...you might want to take a closer look at your own "list" and I use that term loosely. Come back in another 5 years when TS5 comes out and we can compare more accurately your base game list for TS3 to TS4's.
    Again, that list only has 3 features that were patched in at later time :roll: :roll: :roll:
    I_am_bean wrote:
    Oh, and TS3 has ripped off TS2 and TS1 features and sold them on TS3 store...so lets get real for a moment shall we. :wink:
    You mean the Changing Table? Because that's the only one I have on my list that I know of.
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • SimSassybreeSimSassybree Posts: 473 Member
    edited August 2014
    I will suggest a few

New
    Children have aspirations
    Objects that can effect sims emotions (can be toggled on and off)
    Cool new Playgrounds (i.e. the pirate and rocket ships)
    Monkey bars
    Curved Counters
    Ability to add or take out foundations after the house is built
    Mischief skill
    5 outfits for each outfit type

Things that should be switched to a different category
    Topiary Bushes (were in Sims 1(free download) and Sims 3(ambitions), not sure about sims 2)
    Chemistry lab (while not exclusively for kids was in Sims 1(livin large) and 3(generations), I think 2 also but can't remember specifically)

That's all for now and hopefully I didn't repeat anything but Thank you to JoeWow for starting this post :D
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited August 2014
    Pamhamlet wrote:
    Also--I remember reading or hearing somewhere (SimsVIP?) that the player can edit any house on any lot without having to first evict the resident Sims.

I love these two new useful features of Sims4! :)
    Yes, they can! One of the videos showed the player pull a house from the gallery and drop it over the current house, with Sims still in it. The Sims could be found at the edge of the lot after the new house had been placed.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    edited August 2014
    Anavastia wrote:
    The only that's changed about aspirations is the fact that you can now fulfill more than one. The aspirations are still the same as they've always been.

We don't have more to choose from we actually have less, along with less traits to choose from. Lifetime wishes are just aspirations renamed. They chose to go back to the same name as sims 2. While it may be more aspiration choices than 2 it is not more than 3. Along with the fact that all of the above are choices we've already had. As far as the additional trait that's gained from choosing an aspiration and 3 traits that's not an selectable lifetime wish, it appears when trying to match your traits to the aspiration and is a trait.

Yeah, we do have less traits to choose from, but they seem to have more of an impact on the sims this time. After all, never nude and vegetarian didn't do that much (but they were nice to have to add flavor.

If I remember right, a lot of the lifetime wishes were just to reach the top of a career track. Then there were the ones for maxing certain skills or dating how ever many sims or whatever. TS4 seems to have gotten rid of the ones to just get to the top of a career track.

And I do remember wishing I could change aspirations whenever I wanted because the original aspiration didn't fit the sim anymore. Not to complete the original one and then choose a new one. (Granted, you could do that with TS2, but only if you wanted to use a lifetime reward to do so, then you couldn't choose what your long term goal was within the aspiration)

As far as the additional trait, I was under the impression that it came linked to the aspiration you chose and didn't have anything to do with the additional three traits you can chose for your sim. Did I interpret that wrong?

After thinking more about it, the major change is that the children now have unique aspirations instead of just the "grow up" aspiration. Other than that, they are just minor changes to the system we already had.

So, maybe I should have said new aspirations for children instead of a better aspiration system? :-)
  • averee90averee90 Posts: 448 Member
    edited August 2014
    I_am_bean wrote:
    It's funny to see all the anti-sims 4 whining and stomping their feet in this thread.

I'm not "whining and stomping my feet" in this thread, I'm LMAO'ing because the EA shill mentioned EMOTIONZZZ in their OP.

:lol::lol:

Oh, but keep on exaggerating about us "anti-Sims 4" people and our EMOTIONZZZZ.
  • JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    edited August 2014
    bflury wrote:
    Besides, I personally wasn't even responding to this troll. He just edits his post to remove the original context.

Is this coming from the same guy who posted a thread about LGR reviewing the demo because he was so sure LGR was going to be critical of it, then after he watched said video and LGR mostly enjoyed the demo you then edited your original post and the title to put in select negative quotes from LGR then after people started to point out how that was a bit childish you then edited the original post and title again to the original post/title? :roll:

You're too cute. If anyone in this thread deserves a cookie it's you :mrgreen:

I also like how suddenly just the act of editing posts makes you a troll now. Man, you guys really are grasping at straws there.
    edited August 2014
    bflury wrote:
    whom may reply here some how confusing my talking about him as not ignoring him :roll: )

Reading what someone says and talking about what they said is not ignoring them. Dude. Seriously. I almost feel bad now because I have a strange feeling you're only 12 :/

And I don't mean that as an insult, it's just the vibe I get from your demeanor. Maybe I should be a little bit nicer because you just don't know how to act like a grown up yet.
    averee90 wrote:
    I_am_bean wrote:

I'm not "whining and stomping my feet" in this thread, I'm LMAO'ing because the EA shill mentioned EMOTIONZZZ in their OP.

:lol::lol:

Oh, but keep on exaggerating about us "anti-Sims 4" people and our EMOTIONZZZZ.

You're obviously not looking hard enough if you didn't see all of the whining and stomping of feet in this thread. It's mostly abated by now with the exception of bflury of course. But we'll cut him some slack considering his age.

Alright enough about that because you guys are making it too easy at this point.

This is a list compiled by YOU, the fans. I'm merely keeping track of everything. So please feel free to post with any features not yet listed or with any sources not yet sourced, or if you see any mistakes that need to be corrected.

Don't be shy, jump right in!
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    I almost feel bad now because I have a strange feeling you're only 12 :/
    That's right! I am 12 and the CEO of Rockstar, remember?
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    so...maybe you are the Rockstar CEO and you're afraid Sims 4 is going to do well :shock:

In case you are so brain dead that your not catching on: I am only responding to you when I feel like being a smart 🐸🐸🐸🐸. And only because I find it fun ;)
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
    edited August 2014
    bflury wrote:
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    so...maybe you are the Rockstar CEO and you're afraid Sims 4 is going to do well :shock:

In case you are so brain dead that your not catching on: I am only responding to you when I feel like being a smart 🐸🐸🐸🐸. And only because I find it fun ;)

It's all good man. You're only making yourself look kind of silly at this point. Four times now you said you are going to stop reading my posts and ignore me yet here you are; with nothing better to do than to troll.
    edited August 2014
    bflury wrote:
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    Four times now you said you are going to stop reading my posts and ignore me yet here you are
    So your brain dead?
  • deltagirl1326deltagirl1326 Posts: 468 Member
    edited August 2014
    bflury wrote:
    bflury wrote:
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    Four times now you said you are going to stop reading my posts and ignore me yet here you are
    So your brain dead?

It's a blast for the readers as well!! :lol: Especially with a guy who named his avi Joe WOW. I'm surprised that the "bro" trait wasn't the first item on the list!
  • AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited August 2014
    Seamoan wrote:
    Anavastia wrote:
    Well whatever reason why the op made the thread doesn't mean it can't be informative now.

I suppose things never start off on what we intend but doesn't mean a bad thing can't be good at times as well. Even though i don't like sims 4 and have no reason to buy it doesn't mean i don't like reading up on the features it has.

Information never hurt anyone. I think anyway.

This is the truth. I'd be happy with a sourced thread that lists out TS4 features. I'm willing to ignore the OP and the questionable intentions of creating the thread itself.

Though i do wish the both of them would stop bickering about each others lists. The good thing to do is to focus on the positive of why both of them made the list. Isn't it to inform simmers of features in or out the game. If it's for information both sides are going to have mistakes sometimes no one is perfect. Hell even some of us now are like oh i didn't even know that was in the game.

So maybe if they don't want to help each other they should concentrate on their lists and stop arguing in each others threads. People need to stop playing it as oh this thread is negative and this thread is positive. It's information take as it is and judge for yourselves on if you like the game or not. I kind of am so tired of the constant bickering among fans and it really is boiling down to the opinions of im right your wrong on both sides. No one is right no one is wrong. Entertainment is soley based on opinion if you feel in your opinion 77 features and counting is good for you by all means by and enjoy. if you feel 77 features are not good enough for you or that 65 missing features is not good for you don't buy the game. Both sides should be able to counter discuss these issues without being insulted.

Obviously we'll have to get along as many of the sims 4 fans still have not migrated over to the sims 4 forum so as long as we're all here shouldn't we at least attempt at some resolution of peace. I feel like everyone is trying to force some type acknowledging factor on each other. When the truth is the game is has good areas and bad. Why not every acknowledge each others points and move on.
  • CaecusLacrimaCaecusLacrima Posts: 803 Member
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    bflury wrote:
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    JoeWow1003 wrote:

It's all good man. You're only making yourself look kind of silly at this point. Four times now you said you are going to stop reading my posts and ignore me yet here you are; with nothing better to do than to troll.

demotivation.us_Are-you-arguing-with-an-idiot-Maybe-he-is-doing-the-same_130606067737.jpg
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited August 2014
    Anavastia wrote:
    Though i do wish the both of them would stop bickering about each others lists. The good thing to do is to focus on the positive of why both of them made the list. Isn't it to inform simmers of features in or out the game. If it's for information both sides are going to have mistakes sometimes no one is perfect. Hell even some of us now are like oh i didn't even know that was in the game.

So maybe if they don't want to help each other they should concentrate on their lists and stop arguing in each others threads. People need to stop playing it as oh this thread is negative and this thread is positive. It's information take as it is and judge for yourselves on if you like the game or not. I kind of am so tired of the constant bickering among fans and it really is boiling down to the opinions of im right your wrong on both sides. No one is right no one is wrong. Entertainment is soley based on opinion if you feel in your opinion 77 features and counting is good for you by all means by and enjoy. if you feel 77 features are not good enough for you or that 65 missing features is not good for you don't buy the game. Both sides should be able to counter discuss these issues without being insulted.

Obviously we'll have to get along as many of the sims 4 fans still have not migrated over to the sims 4 forum so as long as we're all here shouldn't we at least attempt at some resolution of peace. I feel like everyone is trying to force some type acknowledging factor on each other. When the truth is the game is has good areas and bad. Why not every acknowledge each others points and move on.

*applauds*
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    edited August 2014
    Anavastia wrote:
    Seamoan wrote:
    Anavastia wrote:
    Well whatever reason why the op made the thread doesn't mean it can't be informative now.

I suppose things never start off on what we intend but doesn't mean a bad thing can't be good at times as well. Even though i don't like sims 4 and have no reason to buy it doesn't mean i don't like reading up on the features it has.

Information never hurt anyone. I think anyway.

This is the truth. I'd be happy with a sourced thread that lists out TS4 features. I'm willing to ignore the OP and the questionable intentions of creating the thread itself.

I agree fully. My only issue with this list was that it ignored features from TS1 and TS2 base games. Once that got worked out, I'm all good.

As far as the bickering, I'm staying far away from the OP in discussion because he edited multiple posts in our previous discussion and that screams troll to me, but oh well, I ignore lots of posters and it doesn't change the usefulness of the thread itself. I liked sourced game information :D
  • I_am_beanI_am_bean Posts: 1,568 Member
    edited August 2014
    bflury wrote:
    I_am_bean wrote:
    You mean the Changing Table? Because that's the only one I have on my list that I know of.

Ok TS3 store has ripped off:
    Pinball machines
    Voodoo doll
    Business Oven
    Poker table
    The 50's dinner set
    Green House set
    Tiki Set
    Wishing Well
    Country furniture items (a lot of the furniture)
    Savvy Seller
    Toy bench
    Bakery set
    Lemon aid stand
    Kites
    Basketball
    Ballet/dance bar
    Infinite Zen Massage Table
    Violin
    Fixer upper car
    BahHaus set:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A38L22NuhV8#t=67

Curved staircase:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=eBu2mPfCniQ#t=46

Sure looks like some architecture from Roaring Hieghts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=eBu2mPfCniQ#t=16

Hmm...looks like the now and then venue:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=eBu2mPfCniQ#t=40

Also a LOT of clothing and furnishings, like I said, just play the sims 2 and check out the items.

Here, you can watch the videos themselves or play TS2 yourself:
    Base: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9u1zMCos8w
    Night Life: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76Urghrdh6g
    Seasons: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uw0uQVoCyw
    Open for Business: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uWGckCCwcQ
    Free Time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK3_KBBwswg
    Pets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNtMGfHkr3U
    University: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VAJqjR_7H4
    Apartment Life: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A38L22NuhV8
    Mansion and Garden: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBu2mPfCniQ
  • thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    edited August 2014
    Sims can bake cakes.

I swear , this forum is like The Outsiders and Heathers combined...
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,943 Member
    edited August 2014
    I didn't read all 17 pages, so I don't know if this was listed.

2 cities, 1 desert and 1 grass.
    edited August 2014
    I_am_bean wrote:
    bflury wrote:
    I_am_bean wrote:

Ok TS3 store has ripped off:
    Pinball machines
    Voodoo doll
    Business Oven
    Poker table
    The 50's dinner set
    Green House set
    Tiki Set
    Wishing Well
    Country furniture items (a lot of the furniture)
    Savvy Seller
    Toy bench
    Bakery set
    Lemon aid stand
    Kites
    Basketball
    Ballet/dance bar
    Infinite Zen Massage Table
    Violin
    Fixer upper car
    BahHaus set:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A38L22NuhV8#t=67

Curved staircase:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=eBu2mPfCniQ#t=46

Sure looks like some architecture from Roaring Hieghts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=eBu2mPfCniQ#t=16

Hmm...looks like the now and then venue:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=eBu2mPfCniQ#t=40

Also a LOT of clothing and furnishings, like I said, just play the sims 2 and check out the items.

Here, you can watch the videos themselves or play TS2 yourself:
    Base: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9u1zMCos8w
    Night Life: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76Urghrdh6g
    Seasons: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uw0uQVoCyw
    Open for Business: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uWGckCCwcQ
    Free Time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK3_KBBwswg
    Pets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNtMGfHkr3U
    University: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VAJqjR_7H4
    Apartment Life: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A38L22NuhV8
    Mansion and Garden: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBu2mPfCniQ
    Wow, that must have taken some time to lookup.

Read the response your replying to again. Here I will bold and underline the important part for you:
    bflury wrote: