Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Missing Community Lots...

So, I had been wondering a bit about the fact that there would only be a total of 8 community lots in the base game (four in each "world"/mini-hood - calling it a mini-hood even though that's not the official term because each one is not NEARLY large enough to be called a "world" , let alone a neighborhood, on its own :shock: )

But then I found an article from SimsNetwork, a Creator's Camp attendee which explained a lot - HERE.

What do YOU think about this new feature? Do you think the lack of a grocery store ( as confirmed by SimGuruSarah) might be handled in the same way?

Comments

• MiamineMiamine Posts: 731 Member
    edited August 2014
    Thank you very much for this info. :mrgreen:
    I absolutely hate it. It's the thing that drives me crazy in Sims 3, a grocery shop within your fridge. Now they got a bookshop stored in your bookcase.

To far away from realistic simulation for me to want to play. Sure will fit in with all the new features though, like a space rocket in the back garden, jobs like superspy and astronaut, and your neighbours running around in underwear with faces covered up in wrestlers masks. :P
    SIMS 3:YOU’VE NEVER SEEN THE SIMS LIKE THIS BEFORE! This #1 bestselling award-winner* is better than ever on iPhone and iPod. Contains direct links to the Internet; Collects data though third party ad serving analytics technology. EA may retire online features and services after 30 days’ notice.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited August 2014
    I like it. Good to know we can just go to the bookcase.

I did like sending sims to the bookstore or grocery when "sales" were on though. And my hubby sim did like gifting his wife with new recipes from other worlds. So we will see.
  • ElyssandarielElyssandariel Posts: 556 Member
    edited August 2014
    Now there are collectables you can gift from other worlds. Each world has different collectables. I like that :)
    tumblr_inline_mw78cm2WhN1qajk9h.gif
    Thicker Than Thieves: A sim legacy story

• mewsistermewsister Posts: 137 Member
    edited August 2014
    Miamine wrote:
    I absolutely hate it. It's the thing that drives me crazy in Sims 3, a grocery shop within your fridge. Now they got a bookshop stored in your bookcase.

Nooooo! does that mean no more part-time jobs?
    I like having the stores, even if they're just rabbit holes, it at least gets them out of the house.
    And also without any pools, my Sims will now have no incentive to go outside and then will slowly turn into vitamin D deprived, transparent skinned monsters! :shock:
    what-doth-love-be.gif
  • KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited August 2014
    Miamine wrote:
    To far away from realistic simulation for me to want to play. Sure will fit in with all the new features though, like a space rocket in the back garden, jobs like superspy and astronaut, and your neighbours running around in underwear with faces covered up in wrestlers masks.

Agree that having less types of comminity lots to interact with *might* detract from realism and gameplay. And the backyard spacerocket is really just stretching the bounds for me at this point. Maybe it will make more sense within the game...
    fullspiral wrote:
    I like it. Good to know we can just go to the bookcase.
    I did like sending sims to the bookstore or grocery when "sales" were on though. And my hubby sim did like gifting his wife with new recipes from other worlds. So we will see.

I will miss that "Sale on at Divisidaro Books" signal :D
    Now there are collectables you can gift from other worlds. Each world has different collectables. I like that

Wasn't that kind of the case in Sims3 with the EPs?
    mewsister wrote:
    I like having the stores, even if they're just rabbit holes, it at least gets them out of the house.
    And also without any pools, my Sims will now have no incentive to go outside and then will slowly turn into vitamin D deprived, transparent skinned monsters!

Yikes - didn't even think about the loss of part-time jobs. Good question! Hopefully we will hear more about jobs soon :mrgreen:
  • 3PupDLS3PupDLS Posts: 882 Member
    edited August 2014
    No I hated the always get food from the fridge in sims 3. They have multiplied that feature and have taken the lazy way of things. I want challenge in my game. I want my sim to have to actually leave their house to buy stuff. They could have at least made it that you had to order the stuff online. I think adding the shopping to the fridge and bookshelf is just lazy on the developers part and another lacking point of this game.

I read on MTS that a guru told those at sims camp that the community lots were a feature added late in the game processed. It seemed to me that every feature but young adult partying bros was added late and is done halfway and rushed.
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited August 2014
    LauriApp wrote:
    No I hated the always get food from the fridge in sims 3. They have multiplied that feature and have taken the lazy way of things. I want challenge in my game. I want my sim to have to actually leave their house to buy stuff. They could have at least made it that you had to order the stuff online. I think adding the shopping to the fridge and bookshelf is just lazy on the developers part and another lacking point of this game.

It's no longer a life simulator.
  • Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    edited August 2014
    No community lots except the gym? What on earth are sims supposed to do besides workout all day? The news just keeps getting worse :(
    This has to be the saddest game in the history of the sims. No reason to go out. Nothing to do anyway.

With every piece of bad news they release, they should drop the price a bit. Of course by now they would be paying us to get the game. There is no way this poor excuse for a game is worth 60.00 bucks.
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited August 2014
    Yes, it looks like you still buy food straight from the fridge, like you could in TS3. Look at PC Gamer's TS4 video and it's at around 4:28.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=pXLEAHpzFks#t=266

Perhaps that's the only way to buy food now? Since there are no more stores and I didn't hear anything about TS2 style grocery delivery or anything.

I wish that they had added at least a few basic open shops to the neighborhoods. Like bookstores, grocery stores, and maybe an open bistro.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited August 2014
    Kamb64 wrote:
    No community lots except the gym? What on earth are sims supposed to do besides workout all day? The news just keeps getting worse :(
    This has to be the saddest game in the history of the sims. No reason to go out. Nothing to do anyway.

Looks like there will also be the parks and a museum, club and library in Willow Creek. In Oasis Springs, it looks like a comedy club, restaurant/bar, and maybe a government building of some kind. 8 total community lots between the two worlds, plus the parks. But no rabbitholes... I guess the emphasis is supposed to be more on interactions between sims rather than rabbithole activities like the diner, movie theater, etc?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/simsvip/14655994499/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/simsvip/14655994499/in/photostream/
  • AnabelleLeeAnabelleLee Posts: 182 Member
    edited August 2014
    Not looking so good for an Open For Business so far.
    Grocery and book stores are fun to own and run.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited August 2014
    I was wondering, lets say you want a book store, I wonder if you could build a store and add the book shelf's and if other sims could buy from them interesting to find out.

I remember ordering from the Refrigerator to fill up the refrigerator. I wonder if you can sell from the refrigerator. Like sell veggies and fruits you grow.

There are so many things to learn in Sims 4, that is why I am getting the Prima guide. I am going to pre order it. today or tomorrow. I will be gone most of the day now.

I do like the book shelf idea though
  • kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited August 2014
    Evalen wrote:

I do like the book shelf idea though

That doesn't surprise me, in the nicest way possible you like everything about the game. :)
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited August 2014
    mewsister wrote:
    Miamine wrote:

And also without any pools, my Sims will now have no incentive to go outside and then will slowly turn into vitamin D deprived, transparent skinned monsters! :shock:

My sims will be outside all the time, they will be fishing, painting, collecting, gardening, writing.
    I am going to make a really nice flower garden when my sim will sit and write. Plenty of Vitamin D.
    As I can add things to the park, I am going to add easels and empty tables so they can write and paint in the park.
    I am so excited.