January 8 - Is everyone ready for the Friday Highlights? Check them out here.
Welcome to all new Simmers joining us over the holiday season! 🎉 Have fun on the forum and please make sure you check out the forum rules and
the rules about necroposting.
December 22 - It's the time of year again: Join the 12 Days of Simsmas! 🎄

SimguruGraham on why you should buy the game

Comments

  • delonarieldelonariel Posts: 615 New Member
    edited August 2014
    Dearra95 wrote:
    "I know you’ve already heard and read the official "pitch" from numerous places, so instead I’ll offer this… Four main entries into the franchise and it becomes more of a challenge to explain the nuances of what’s different from one to the next.
    This part really baffles me. I don't think anyone is having trouble differentiating TS4 from the others. The problem is that there aren't enough similarities. Once again it looks like they have no idea what they're talking about.
    For example, we say something along the line of, "hey, these new emotions Sims have are pretty rad", and people counter with, "but my Sims have always had emotions". Well… ok, maybe we did a convincing job selling that fiction in previous games, but truly your Sims haven’t had anything like this before."

    I am so done with these people.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,431 Member
    edited August 2014
    delonariel wrote:
    Dearra95 wrote:
    "I know you’ve already heard and read the official "pitch" from numerous places, so instead I’ll offer this… Four main entries into the franchise and it becomes more of a challenge to explain the nuances of what’s different from one to the next.
    This part really baffles me. I don't think anyone is having trouble differentiating TS4 from the others. The problem is that there aren't enough similarities. Once again it looks like they have no idea what they're talking about.
    For example, we say something along the line of, "hey, these new emotions Sims have are pretty rad", and people counter with, "but my Sims have always had emotions". Well… ok, maybe we did a convincing job selling that fiction in previous games, but truly your Sims haven’t had anything like this before."

    I am so done with these people.

    I think what he said was in regards to the people who say TS4 has truly no improvement over the past iterations.
  • JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    edited August 2014
    pguida wrote:
    TS4 WON'T HAVE:

    Open, large worlds. Only one, fast load (base game alone was lighting fast). Switching back and forth between sims in different locations seamlessly. Better hair, with deep 4-tiered free color costumization and hair texture. Individual eyelashes. Make-up with millions of colors and opacity. Much more skin colors. CASt, that made clothes and objects possible to be matched and overhauled in millions of ways. Pools. Lake tools. Terrain tools. Objects with better, more detail textures, that looked like metal and wood, not just plastic. Actual babies, teenagers and elders with individual meshes, animations and toddlers. Libraries. Public pools. Resstaurant where you could dine outside. Regular careers, 10 at that. Dishwasher and trash compactors. Cars. Ghosts...

    Your challenges defeated:

    I have a strange feeling if I listed several things Sims 4 will have at launch that Sims 3 didn't have at launch you will disregard it all and still claim victory.

    Let's test my theory:

    Emotions
    Romance bar
    Violins
    Hacking
    Multitasking
    Group social interactions
    Downloading lots/Sims right from the game
    Baking cupcakes
    Rockets
  • cord7cord7 Posts: 29 Member
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    Claire17 wrote:
    OK Joe, which are the 'minor things' people are complaining about

    pguida did a good job of listing several right after this post of yours.

    A couple that caught my eye:

    Individual eyelashes
    trash compactors

    People have to be purposefully looking for things to complain about if this is what they mention when I ask for game play features Sims 3 had at launch that Sims 4 won't have at launch.

    Also just to make sure I wasn't going completely crazy I loaded up Sims 3 and kept my Sim on his home lot for 24 sim hours and other than people driving to their rabbit hole jobs and back home I saw exactly 1 person walking around.

    things the Sims 2 had in the base that 4 doesn't? (not 3 do to me not knowing much about it, sorry)
    toddlers (that do things even with child sims unlike 3)
    teens being a unique life stage that with a bigger difference form adults then going to high school
    pools, with diving boards
    being able to make hills/valleys
    babys that can leave their cribs (other then someone holding them in front of it)
    placing new lots in a hood and deco (and not breaking routing too)
    a separate underwear and sleepwear category
    hot tubs in base game
    foundation and pouches (texture/price difference)
    aliens and alien abductions
    newspapers (yes no newspapers in 4)
    fears eg. throw up -500 aspiration points (the points are used for special objects)
    wants eg. have a baby + 5000 aspiration points (both can be bigger and smaller)
    many other things i forget.

    this is just 2 and yes 4 added things but these are in a 10 YEAR old game

    Edit: i think that when the sims 2 site was still up it was possible to download things in game (at least in neighbourhood view)
  • sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,101 Member
    edited August 2014
    "baking cupcakes" in an unrealistic ginormous machine. Sims 3 did it better with the little child's oven, it was way more realistic (yes, I know it is muffins and cookies, but still). Why would I have a "Cupcake-anator" (yes, that was a Cat in the Hat reference) in my house? :roll:
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
  • MaikenvvMaikenvv Posts: 14
    edited August 2014
    Those were aspects of The Sims 3 that never particularly resonated with me, so in a number of ways The Sims 4 evolved my Sims experience to offer something more than just a five year leap in technology.

    This shocked me the most in the whole article. Especially in combination with:
    Looking at a list of features on paper may tell you what you can expect to find in the game, but it doesn’t tell you if it’s fun to play. That said, if there’s something that’s not in the game at launch and that’s a deal breaker for you then I understand and respect your decision, and I hope you’ll give the game another look down the line.

    It seems to me the builders are just focussing on what they deem important in the game, without looking at what others find enjoyable and what is technological possible.
  • vicaddictvicaddict Posts: 340 Member
    edited August 2014
    Somewhere in this thread someone quoted Graham saying "that it is hard to sell the game, because the conversation always turns to what is not in the game." Yeah. Right. Wonder why that is?!


    Well first of all, isn't it his job or EA's job for that matter to make us aware of other things? Until now all we get is emotions, emotions, emotions and again emotions. Did I mention the emotions? If people are freaked out because so many things were scrapped, does that not proof that the development team got it totally wrong when they were allocating manpower to creating new walking styles instead of pools, toddlers or got knows what else?

    How is the audiences fault that it doesn't like what they're seeing? It is EA trying to sell a product, so Graham, EA, someone convince me. It like buying a car without a test drive. It's like being shown hundreds of pictures of the same car, but not getting any information. Would you buy a car, just because you trust the salesman? In fact, we're expected to pay for a car, but as of now I think were not even getting a bycicle.

    It's not like anyone here wants to hate the game. I still don't. I am just baffled how the development team could go wrong in so many cases. It's like whenever they had to make a decision on what to include and what to scrap, they've made the wrong choice every friggin time.

    Just look at the careers. I don't complain that they have come up with new careers. They are certainly interesting, although I don't see me playing most of them. It is the fact that they got rid of so many other things. Why scrap the medical career? Military? Police? Business? What about self employment? Is it still in the game? Why get rid of those things in order to include an e sports career?

    I think it is safe to assume that at some point we will get an EP with those careers as well as some sort of Hollywood EP which will most likely include the acting career and pools.

    The choice of careers is just another example of what many people dislike about TS4. It is way over the top. We don't want no weirder stories, careers or sims. This entire game has "over the top" labeled all over it in so many differend aspects.

    Everyone was looking forward to TS4, but isn't it telling that so many people are upset? Not because they want to hate. Rather because EA made it so very easy to hate, because there are so many things to hate. TS4 is in no way an improvement. It just isn't. It's like going back from smart phones to smoke signals. They even come with native bro-mericans!
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    Also just to make sure I wasn't going completely crazy I loaded up Sims 3 and kept my Sim on his home lot for 24 sim hours and other than people driving to their rabbit hole jobs and back home I saw exactly 1 person walking around.

    Just loaded up my game, kept my sims at home, and within 3 sim hours I counted 12 sims on various lots. A couple were playing catch by the Equestrian Center (this was Appaloosa Plains). There were a couple of sims playing soccer on the festival lot, and one skating. Others were scattered about visiting the arcade, the cosignment store, etc.

    Like I said, people's experiences with the open world vary. I would have preferred to see them try to work on optimizing it for everyone.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,101 Member
    edited August 2014
    By builders do you mean the TS4 Creators or people who build in game?

    Just to post because I want to say: As a builder, I do care what players want. When I build, I think about those who will download my lots and what they may do with them. In TS4, I may end up building and sharing, but probably not nearly as much as I do in TS3. Unless building in TS4 truly gives me some aspect of joy in creating, then I may build more than I think I might now. However, with the limitations in place already in TS4, I can see myself sticking with my ruddy little TS3 game, building to my hearts content and sharing with the TS3 community, what is left of them, that is.

    I am sure many simmers will find absolute joy in all the emotions and cupcake baking in their room sized machine. I am just waiting to see what building will be like, because that is my main point of playing. I would really like to build for the TS4 community, but we shall see.
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,194 Member
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    Your Sim would go from being angry at someone then two seconds later they are laughing at a joke.

    According to the gameplay videos I have seen so far, they still do.
  • Claire17Claire17 Posts: 655 Member
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    I have a strange feeling if I listed several things Sims 4 will have at launch that Sims 3 didn't have at launch you will disregard it all and still claim victory.

    Let's test my theory:

    Emotions
    Romance bar
    Violins
    Hacking
    Multitasking
    Group social interactions
    Downloading lots/Sims right from the game
    Baking cupcakes
    Rockets

    Emotions: Sims3 did have them at release - well sims do react based on their needs, but sims4 emotions do sound like they are a big improvement on sims3 and are one of the few things I like about the game.

    Violins: minor thing

    Hacking: minor thing

    Multitasking: this does sound good

    Group so ail interactions: this also sounds good

    Downloading lots: yep not in sims3 at start. Never do it so don't have a feel for how important it is

    Baking cup cakes: minor thing

    Rockets: minor thing

    I'd also add that the new CAS for sims4 does look good (although I don't have the demo so not played it myself.

    So do they really make up for no CASt, open world, story progression, toddlers, cars / swimming pools being removed from the game and babies turned into objects (as well as all the 'minor' removals)? You obviously think so, but I don't, which seems to be a fundamental, un-bridgeable difference between us.
  • Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    pguida wrote:
    TS4 WON'T HAVE:

    Open, large worlds. Only one, fast load (base game alone was lighting fast). Switching back and forth between sims in different locations seamlessly. Better hair, with deep 4-tiered free color costumization and hair texture. Individual eyelashes. Make-up with millions of colors and opacity. Much more skin colors. CASt, that made clothes and objects possible to be matched and overhauled in millions of ways. Pools. Lake tools. Terrain tools. Objects with better, more detail textures, that looked like metal and wood, not just plastic. Actual babies, teenagers and elders with individual meshes, animations and toddlers. Libraries. Public pools. Resstaurant where you could dine outside. Regular careers, 10 at that. Dishwasher and trash compactors. Cars. Ghosts...

    Your challenges defeated:

    I have a strange feeling if I listed several things Sims 4 will have at launch that Sims 3 didn't have at launch you will disregard it all and still claim victory.

    Let's test my theory:

    Emotions
    Romance bar
    Violins
    Hacking
    Multitasking
    Group social interactions
    Downloading lots/Sims right from the game
    Baking cupcakes
    Rockets

    I'm not pguida but I'm going to respond to this anyway. It's clear that we are not all in agreement about what constitutes a major feature.

    From the videos we have seen, to me, the emotions in ts4 look like they will get real old real fast. Also, past iterations of the series did in fact have emotional sims, just not in a way that was plastered all over the UI and that could easily become disruptive gameplay, and sort of force the player into manipulating their sims in ways they might not exactly find enjoyable just to make sure they are in the right emotional state for whatever the player wants them to do next.

    Romance bar: ok that's nice but to me, it's not something that can make the game. It would be icing on the cake if ts4 was otherwise fully featured and fleshed out but it's not something that can carry the game.

    Hacking, I'm pretty sure was in ts3's base. If it wasn't I apologies but I know it's definitely in now. I realize we are comparing base game to base game so I'll say this, hacking is not by any stretch of the imagination a major feature. It's one small interaction, not something that would take them oodles of time to implement and it's certainly not something that really enhances the game as a whole.

    multitasking: sims 3 certainly does have multitasking. It does seem like ts4 has a little more, but slightly better multitasking, to me, is not worth giving up larger things. It's something I'd be happy about if the core bulk of the game was there. It's not a large enough improvement to warrant going back in time on so many other features.

    Group social interaction: Well, we really have yet to see this I think. They do quite a bit of talking over at EA but not a whole lot of showing. It's not like TS3 is devoid of interactions. You really can't at this point say this is a selling point of the game, though I really can't imagine that something like the ability to have a chat between more than 2 sims (which, again, I'm pretty sure you CAN do in ts3) would be a groundbreaking feature worthy of dropping everything else.

    Downloading lots/sims: I think this one has pros and cons so to me it's really not a wow thing. It'll be easier to wind up with borked content in your game that way, that's for sure. I personally consider the way they have implemented it to be more of a draw back because, just like everything else in ts4, they aren't giving us options. I like to view content while I'm NOT in the game. Now you'll have no choice but the launch the game to browse content. Had they also given us a website component, then it would be cool. But again, to me, the way in which I can add gallery/exchange content to my game isn't something that affects the actual GAMEPLAY, so it's not that major.

    Backing cupcakes: uh... that's.... You were saying it's silly to nitpick over dishwashers and trash compactors. To me, this is a way lesser feature than either of those. For me, a giant cupcake machine is not something I would really ever have. If you can bake cupcakes in a regular oven, that is certainly a cool LITTLE feature. Again, to me that would be a nice little extra on top of a great game. If the bulk of the gameplay is lacking, like it is to me, then this cannot make up for it.

    Rockets: again, tiny addition just like the cupcakes. A bunch of tiny things cannot make up for massive omissions. This rocket will be just about as interesting as the time machine from ts3 ambitions. It's just a rabbit hole that your sim goes into and you get a few pop ups about their journey and that's it. It's kind of a check it out and then never really use it again because there's really nothing to see kind of a thing.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • 2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,442 Member
    edited August 2014
    sims 3 didn't have emotions, they were lifeless robots....
    My origin id is sim2011
  • sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,101 Member
    edited August 2014
    Alysha1988 wrote:
    Downloading lots/sims: I think this one has pros and cons so to me it's really not a wow thing. It'll be easier to wind up with borked content in your game that way, that's for sure. I personally consider the way they have implemented it to be more of a draw back because, just like everything else in ts4, they aren't giving us options. I like to view content while I'm NOT in the game. Now you'll have no choice but the launch the game to browse content. Had they also given us a website component, then it would be cool. But again, to me, the way in which I can add gallery/exchange content to my game isn't something that affects the actual GAMEPLAY, so it's not that major.

    My question is: will the gallery have virus scanning to remove any potential viruses/malware that may get attached to people's creations unintentionally/intentionally? Because WHEN I download anything I always "save file" so I can scan it before I install it. AND YES! I have found rogue viruses attached to creations. I think this feature may cripple games and/or computers if not used very carefully. I really hope they do give us the option to "save file" instead of just "installing" it only. I do think the upload process will be much easier with the new system. :)
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
  • Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited August 2014
    Alysha1988 wrote:
    Downloading lots/sims: I think this one has pros and cons so to me it's really not a wow thing. It'll be easier to wind up with borked content in your game that way, that's for sure. I personally consider the way they have implemented it to be more of a draw back because, just like everything else in ts4, they aren't giving us options. I like to view content while I'm NOT in the game. Now you'll have no choice but the launch the game to browse content. Had they also given us a website component, then it would be cool. But again, to me, the way in which I can add gallery/exchange content to my game isn't something that affects the actual GAMEPLAY, so it's not that major.

    My question is: will the gallery have virus scanning to remove any potential viruses/malware that may get attached to people's creations unintentionally/intentionally? Because WHEN I download anything I always "save file" so I can scan it before I install it. AND YES! I have found rogue viruses attached to creations. I think this feature may cripple games and/or computers if not used very carefully. I really hope they do give us the option to "save file" instead of just "installing" it only. I do think the upload process will be much easier with the new system. :)

    Probably not. I know there was some interview with Graham at some point where he said there isn't even anything in place to detect if a piece of content has CC. He basically said players are on the honor system and that there is a little flag you can click before you upload content that would indicate the item has CC. So yeah, it's not going to be good, and it would be incredibly stupid of them not to put in a save file option, so that means they won't because they have to do everything in the worst possible way.
  • simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    edited August 2014
    Alysha1988 wrote:

    I'm not pguida but I'm going to respond to this anyway. It's clear that we are not all in agreement about what constitutes a major feature.

    From the videos we have seen, to me, the emotions in ts4 look like they will get real old real fast. Also, past iterations of the series did in fact have emotional sims, just not in a way that was plastered all over the UI and that could easily become disruptive gameplay, and sort of force the player into manipulating their sims in ways they might not exactly find enjoyable just to make sure they are in the right emotional state for whatever the player wants them to do next.

    Romance bar: ok that's nice but to me, it's not something that can make the game. It would be icing on the cake if ts4 was otherwise fully featured and fleshed out but it's not something that can carry the game.

    Hacking, I'm pretty sure was in ts3's base. If it wasn't I apologies but I know it's definitely in now. I realize we are comparing base game to base game so I'll say this, hacking is not by any stretch of the imagination a major feature. It's one small interaction, not something that would take them oodles of time to implement and it's certainly not something that really enhances the game as a whole.

    multitasking: sims 3 certainly does have multitasking. It does seem like ts4 has a little more, but slightly better multitasking, to me, is not worth giving up larger things. It's something I'd be happy about if the core bulk of the game was there. It's not a large enough improvement to warrant going back in time on so many other features.

    Group social interaction: Well, we really have yet to see this I think. They do quite a bit of talking over at EA but not a whole lot of showing. It's not like TS3 is devoid of interactions. You really can't at this point say this is a selling point of the game, though I really can't imagine that something like the ability to have a chat between more than 2 sims (which, again, I'm pretty sure you CAN do in ts3) would be a groundbreaking feature worthy of dropping everything else.

    Downloading lots/sims: I think this one has pros and cons so to me it's really not a wow thing. It'll be easier to wind up with borked content in your game that way, that's for sure. I personally consider the way they have implemented it to be more of a draw back because, just like everything else in ts4, they aren't giving us options. I like to view content while I'm NOT in the game. Now you'll have no choice but the launch the game to browse content. Had they also given us a website component, then it would be cool. But again, to me, the way in which I can add gallery/exchange content to my game isn't something that affects the actual GAMEPLAY, so it's not that major.

    Backing cupcakes: uh... that's.... You were saying it's silly to nitpick over dishwashers and trash compactors. To me, this is a way lesser feature than either of those. For me, a giant cupcake machine is not something I would really ever have. If you can bake cupcakes in a regular oven, that is certainly a cool LITTLE feature. Again, to me that would be a nice little extra on top of a great game. If the bulk of the gameplay is lacking, like it is to me, then this cannot make up for it.

    Rockets: again, tiny addition just like the cupcakes. A bunch of tiny things cannot make up for massive omissions. This rocket will be just about as interesting as the time machine from ts3 ambitions. It's just a rabbit hole that your sim goes into and you get a few pop ups about their journey and that's it. It's kind of a check it out and then never really use it again because there's really nothing to see kind of a thing.

    :thumbup: I agree with everything you said Alysha

  • AunzaAunza Posts: 1,286 Member
    edited August 2014
    This has been an enlightening thread, thank-you to those that contributed.

    In my opinion, the first strike against TS$ (oops, I meant 4, really I did) was the art style, then CASt was pulled (not upgraded, but a huge downgrade), those "new improved" babies... Oh my...
    Looking at the teen, young adult, and adult life stages... I cannot imagine where some of the modders will take THAT! And, this will be instantly downloadable into any game? ~shivers~
    Let's take a peek at what we have seen about the elders, they still seem to be getting little to no respect in TS$/4 which seems to be the only thing consistent with TS3. Tsk tsk...
    I shall not touch upon the inability to shape the tiny communities into something that suits my play style as it is apparent that was all cut too.
    Another strike against the newest game labeled The Sims... It is not a sequel, not by a long shot, yet the powers that be had the nerve to label it Sims 4. If they would have labeled it Sims Play-Doh Universe (with shoddy scripted trailers that take potshots at world leaders for crude humor) or some such thing, I still might have purchased this latest "game" for a weekend escape sometime in the future, but... as it is, I am embarrassed for the developers and the corporation that does not or will not understand sequential order... building upon verses tearing down.
    Until I see a stable game (worthy of being called Sims 4) that offers more than crude humor I will not be joining the fan club this time around. <Aunza offers a sad smile as she snaps her wallet closed>

    To JoeWow, Funny, oh you... Are you still hoping to score that Ergonomic Potty Chair that is the first item on your Sims 3 Wishlist? How about those other toddler items that follow? You might want to rethink those wishes, after all, you will soon have a romance bar and emotions. ~wicked grin~

    To Graham, Oh dear! Yes, I understand the new emotions are suppose to be "rad". Please try to understand, my latest un-SIM-like emotion is saddness. Although, I cannot miss what is yet to be...
    Now, get back to work and stop posting nonsense, please! There are still a few folks out there that have faith in you and the team, make them proud. Seriously!

  • JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    edited August 2014
    "baking cupcakes" in an unrealistic ginormous machine. Sims 3 did it better with the little child's oven, it was way more realistic (yes, I know it is muffins and cookies, but still). Why would I have a "Cupcake-anator" (yes, that was a Cat in the Hat reference) in my house? :roll:

    Yes, in a game filled with time travel, mermaids, ghosts, aliens, genies, werewolves, and vampires a giant machine to bake cupcakes is where we are going to draw the "realism" line :roll:
    Claire17 wrote:
    Violins: minor thing

    Minor thing? Minor thing?! :P

    After people gave me items like no maid, no firefighters, no eyelash length slider you're going to name something off my list as minor? :lol:

    I think one thing is for certain; many people proved this point of mine:
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    I have a strange feeling if I listed several things Sims 4 will have at launch that Sims 3 didn't have at launch you will disregard it all and still claim victory.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited August 2014
    I don't care for overly emotional, overly sensitive people in real life. Why would I want that in my sims?
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 32,289 Member
    edited August 2014
    Dearra95 wrote:
    This is from honeywell's site.
    http://honeywellsims4news.tumblr.com/

    Interesting quote:
    "I know you’ve already heard and read the official "pitch" from numerous places, so instead I’ll offer this… Four main entries into the franchise and it becomes more of a challenge to explain the nuances of what’s different from one to the next. For example, we say something along the line of, "hey, these new emotions Sims have are pretty rad", and people counter with, "but my Sims have always had emotions". Well… ok, maybe we did a convincing job selling that fiction in previous games, but truly your Sims haven’t had anything like this before."

    Hm, does he mean what they told us before (they do say more emotional, smarter etc.) was fiction/lies? or does fiction mean something else here?

    I will agree with him, no we haven't had emotions that turn the sandbox into a goal oriented rpg due to all those emotions having to be used as goal filling objectives. Where as in the other games, (I liked that fiction) the emotion was left for me to interpret...that's sandbox to me.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


  • knuckledusterknuckleduster Posts: 1,267 Member
    edited August 2014
    averee90 wrote:
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    Are people purposefully misreading my posts today or what?

    Yes, they are Joe. They purposefully twist your words so that they can inject their negative agenda into a thread, quickly followed by posts of their yesmen who have yet to get an original thought themselves.

    They defend that by 'wanting to like the game' and 'we can have our opinion too' and after they started insulting people and gotten payed back in kind, they've added 'we're getting insulted for our opinion' to their repertoire.

    You have to hand it to them, they have made it their life's mission to be miserable on a forum for a game they don't like and often state 'that they won't buy it'.

    But hey, they're looking for ways to 'like the game'; we should give them some room to do that. ^^

    Why don't you get over yourself already? Every single one of your posts are pointless, condescending, sarcastic and add absolutely NOTHING to the conversation.

    Every. Single. Post. :?

    I think people get that you're one of the cheerleaders, m'kay?

    Amazing how you embody perfectly the essence of my post. Even more amazing is that even you pretend to be dismissive of my posts, you seem to have taken 'Every. Single. Post.' to heart.

    By the way, I have a right to be here and to express my opinion too. Yes, I like the game and stupid me for liking the game on it's god-forsaken webspace.


    Then keep it on the game, and don't make it personal.

    Explain exactly why you think this game is worth it, for the amount they are asking for.



  • Jdavij20033Jdavij20033 Posts: 2,054 Member
    edited August 2014
    To me, the number of people who don't believe anything (positive) about this game unless they see it with their own eyes speaks volumes of just how badly the PR has been. The decision to cut toddlers was the worst decision they could have made. Not necessarily because toddlers were absolutely integral to gameplay, but because it was a cut that no one expected would ever happen and we had previously been told that all lifestages would be included in TS4.

    That one thing broke the trust of many fans, and since then disgruntled simmers seem to be behaving like someone who has been cheated on but chose to stay with the cheater. We're jumping on every little infraction from Maxis because we don't trust them anymore, and there really isn't anything that they can do to fix the trust issues unless they reconsider and put toddlers (at this point they would probably have to do a lot more) back in the game. Unlike a cheater, Maxis actually can take this back, but they won't.

    I'm not even sure what point I am trying to make. I suppose hearing Graham say, you should still buy it because of the emotions is the same thing as the cheater saying "You should stay with me because I love you and I made a mistake". You don't know if either one of them will never do it again.

    How's that for an analogy? :wink:
    rifJadC.png
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,743 Member
    edited August 2014
    What a condescending (emotion!) post from Graham. So he's saying that even though I perceived emotions in my Sims in TS2 and TS3, I was wrong or deluded? Puh-leze. He is sounding so incredibly desperate (emotion!) to sell TS4.

    My Sims in TS3 are not and were not lifeless robots. Even my plumbots get excited (emotion!) about some things.
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    pguida wrote:
    TS4 WON'T HAVE:

    Open, large worlds. Only one, fast load (base game alone was lighting fast). Switching back and forth between sims in different locations seamlessly. Better hair, with deep 4-tiered free color costumization and hair texture. Individual eyelashes. Make-up with millions of colors and opacity. Much more skin colors. CASt, that made clothes and objects possible to be matched and overhauled in millions of ways. Pools. Lake tools. Terrain tools. Objects with better, more detail textures, that looked like metal and wood, not just plastic. Actual babies, teenagers and elders with individual meshes, animations and toddlers. Libraries. Public pools. Resstaurant where you could dine outside. Regular careers, 10 at that. Dishwasher and trash compactors. Cars. Ghosts...

    Your challenges defeated:

    I have a strange feeling if I listed several things Sims 4 will have at launch that Sims 3 didn't have at launch you will disregard it all and still claim victory.

    Let's test my theory:

    Emotions
    Romance bar
    Violins
    Hacking
    Multitasking
    Group social interactions
    Downloading lots/Sims right from the game
    Baking cupcakes
    Rockets

    All minor and irrelevant. And so few! Who seriously needs rabbit hole rockets?

    It's a shame to list those features any near TS'3s. TS4 ends up looking dwarfed.

    You see? I'm a quick learner.
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited August 2014
    catitude5 wrote:
    I don't care for overly emotional, overly sensitive people in real life. Why would I want that in my sims?

    True.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top