Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So let me get this straight...

I know I'm probably late, but let me get this straight because I'm confused.

I just saw TheSimsVIP's YouTube video of a man dying of starvation, and here's what I've noticed.

* Yay, the crying animations are well done! There's no crying, stopping and becoming stoic, and then crying again-- it's just a smooth streak of tears and crying when witnessing her husband's demise.

* Grimmy had a weird entrance. :? Popped outta nowhere, no fancy entrance like in TS3. But whatever, he looks effin' rad, and his (new!!!) animations for taking Dead-Man's soul was like a breath of fresh air! Love it.

* Grimmy stood there for what I'd assume to be a Sim hour, or at the very least, a half hour. Please get that fixed.

* A jar of what I'm assuming to be ashes? Nice.

Alright, now that's out of the way, here's the real question;

Ghost are completely removed from The Sims 4? Not even ghost visits? At all? It's wiped completely off?

Comments

• kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited August 2014

Ghost are completely removed from The Sims 4? Not even ghost visits? At all? It's wiped completely off?

Yep, no ghosts, at all.
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    edited August 2014
    well she did ask about ghosts at the camp and they said "no comment" kind of what they did with pools :lol: so that pretty much sums up that there is no ghosts...and if you noticed when he died there wasn't a ghost...just a urn :?
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2014
    I know I'm probably late, but let me get this straight because I'm confused.

I just saw TheSimsVIP's YouTube video of a man dying of starvation, and here's what I've noticed.

* Yay, the crying animations are well done! There's no crying, stopping and becoming stoic, and then crying again-- it's just a smooth streak of tears and crying when witnessing her husband's demise.

* Grimmy had a weird entrance. :? Popped outta nowhere, no fancy entrance like in TS3. But whatever, he looks effin' rad, and his (new!!!) animations for taking Dead-Man's soul was like a breath of fresh air! Love it.

* Grimmy stood there for what I'd assume to be a Sim hour, or at the very least, a half hour. Please get that fixed.

* A jar of what I'm assuming to be ashes? Nice.

I think someone commented you can get a ghost back while in one of the careers. Don't quote me on that, I just scanned the thread and didn't read everything. It may be like those Easter Eggs that aren't really in the game and just someone surmising that is how ghosts work in this game. Per a career choice or something.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimsesWithJakeSimsesWithJake Posts: 441 Member
    edited August 2014
    .... w-why...?

@Cinebar If that's true, that's incredibly dumb. Seriously. :?
    edited August 2014
    not sure why, but it feel's empty not being able to have a sim continuing living with their families even after they flopped over :cry:
  • exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited August 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:

Yep, no ghosts, at all.

They may come back randomly at night, the lack of a ghost at the death scene doesn't mean they are completely gone. Unless someone has seen otherwise? Has a guru tweeted "there are no ghosts"?

Or they may pop up as a creature in a future ep. We can only speculate...
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
    edited August 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:

Yep, no ghosts, at all.

They may come back randomly at night, the lack of a ghost at the death scene doesn't mean they are completely gone. Unless someone has seen otherwise? Has a guru tweeted "there are no ghosts"?

all they said at the camp was "no comment" that was from alexis simsvips
  • TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    edited August 2014
    Seems like Argus mentioned it. There was some sort of 'Epic Song/Poem' that a Sim with a high level of writing/instrument skill could make about another Sim that would allow them to bring that Sim back from the dead....or something like that. I'd have to watch that interview again.
  • kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited August 2014

I think if they were in the base game we'd have seen them by now, although coming back in an Ep would be a possibility. :)
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited August 2014
    No more ghosts. I also have a feeling they don't even plan on adding any creatures to Sims 4. I couldn't imagine ghost that look like jelly though.

They've removed everything that is not emotions
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2014
    .... w-why...?

@Cinebar If that's true, that's incredibly dumb. Seriously. :?

Someone on these threads were reading and quoting something about a particular career. I'm really sorry I can't remember which thread or person. They were thinking that was how to get a ghost in the came by a description or something. I sort of doubted since we know they like to play word games in this game. Like the joke about vamps when there are none. :?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited August 2014
    "No comment" at this point means it's not in the game. :cry:
  • HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    edited August 2014
    They obviously gave the grim a new smart phone/tablet. . .he is still learning how to use it :? Maybe he was waiting for his online connection to Ea to load the dead sims profile. . .he took long enough time to decide what to do lol.
  • SimsesWithJakeSimsesWithJake Posts: 441 Member
    edited August 2014
    Penelope wrote:
    "No comment" at this point means it's not in the game. :cry:

No comment = Of course it's not in the game, but we won't say that in your face, instead, we'll keep you on your toes, so when you buy the game and discover yourself it's not in game, we'll still be getting money while you sulk in disappointment! Mwahaha, we're so evil!
  • Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited August 2014
    Seems like Argus mentioned it. There was some sort of 'Epic Song/Poem' that a Sim with a high level of writing/instrument skill could make about another Sim that would allow them to bring that Sim back from the dead....or something like that. I'd have to watch that interview again.

If that's the case, they probably just come back alive, not as a ghost.
  • CassandraNightCassandraNight Posts: 60 New Member
    edited August 2014
    Darn! I like ghosts, but I rarely play with them, so I guess it doesn't matter too much for me at all.
  • deltagirl1326deltagirl1326 Posts: 468 Member
    edited August 2014

They did that so you could watch the wife cry. Because, emotions. They're everything.
  • lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited August 2014
    No ghosts??? :shock: :D

moonbot-convertible.jpg

moonbot-marchingband.jpg

moonbot-children.jpg
    WznfzGr.gif
  • deltagirl1326deltagirl1326 Posts: 468 Member
    edited August 2014
    No ghosts??? :shock: :D

moonbot-convertible.jpg

moonbot-marchingband.jpg

moonbot-children.jpg

There's a lot of purple and gold in that pick. Fellow Louisianian? :D
  • IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited August 2014
    It never really registered that I wouldn't be able to make ghost babies anymore.
    No..more..ghost..babies..
    Cryinggifs_01_1.gif