Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

From the coming Friday the forums will be READ ONLY!! Is EA throwing the bomb?

Comments

• honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited August 2014
    they really do need to do the maintenance....and it will calm both sides down also or so i hope.
  • Grimnir9Grimnir9 Posts: 83 Member
    edited August 2014
    If they're dropping a big bomb on us Friday, silencing the people here won't win them over; and may even cause more people to leave the game.
  • simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    edited August 2014
    But there's already an EA Sims 4 forum. Granted, it works just as well as EA's PR team but it does exist.
    So, what last vestige of decent gameplay are they removing now? :twisted:
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited August 2014
    Evil_One, lovin' the siggy. LOL
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited August 2014
    Nice to see there is not a WORD in the announcement about the demo. :( It's a shame they are having to put the forums on read only mode for whatever reason but I wish they would just tell us when the rest of the forlorn are getting the demo.

I'm with those people who say they will cancel preorders if there's a subscription thing. The more I hear about the game, the less I like it, and I'm pretty mad at EA regarding their mishandling of the demo too. To me this is just another issue among the many.

Blah. I just hope they release the CAS demo to the rest of us either just before or just after the maintenance period begins. Before would be best as it would give us something to entertain ourselves with, and make their lives easier too.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Prettyweed870Prettyweed870 Posts: 832 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm not surprised by the temporary shut down of the site. They mentioned before needing to convert the current EA Sims 4 forum over to Origin. That has to happen before Sims 4 drop, although I'm not sure how that figures into this site. The only thing I am getting a bit concerned about is the fact that our current avatars will not be preserved...exactly what is that about? Hope that means we are all getting access to the CaS demo and can create new avatars.
  • Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    edited August 2014
    i'm getting it also...but it maybe a good thing what they are doing...with all this hate and things like this..they maybe wanting to clean up the forums some.

They don't have to shut down the forms to clean up threads that you and others find hateful. The announcement said we will no longer have our old avatar, so it most likely is a overhaul on the site to support and advertise the new game.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited August 2014
    Grimnir9 wrote:
    If they're dropping a big bomb on us Friday, silencing the people here won't win them over; and may even cause more people to leave the game.

I don't think they are trying to silence anyone, they are doing maintenance to prepare for the coming of sims 4, in Sept. only 27 days away.

• KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited August 2014
    Whenever they've done site maintenance they've taken the entire site down, not left it up for several days just to read.

I'm not trying to fan any flames, but I can't imagine why they wouldn't just take the site down to do whatever they need to do. It seems to me if they're making changes to the forums that it would be more efficient.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    edited August 2014
    i do not know why but is anyone having a sense of dejavu they did similar maitnance on the sims2 site and 1 year later they annouce they where shuting down the sims2 official exchange, so maybe it would be a good idea to save your purchuse history for your sims3 store content in a folder on your hard drive in case the maitnance would affect the sims3 store.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    edited August 2014
    Katnap wrote:
    Whenever they've done site maintenance they've taken the entire site down, not left it up for several days just to read.

I'm not trying to fan any flames, but I can't imagine why they wouldn't just take the site down to do whatever they need to do. It seems to me if they're making changes to the forums that it would be more efficient.

The game is linked to the site to advance achievements. If they took the entire site down, the achievements would not be recorded and something great might happen during that time.
  • Gtompkins48Gtompkins48 Posts: 477 Member
    edited August 2014
    Maybe they are announcing a delay and are closing the forums to stop us all from celebrating!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2014
    Yes The Sims 3 forums from the coming Friday will be read only for several days. No deadline mentioned. That means nobody can post new topics or reply. It will be read only!!

I have always said that the no toddlers, no pools and the objectified babies are still not the big bomb!! I have a feeling that EA will be throwing the big bomb this Friday and does not want riots and angry simmers posting anything. God knows for how many days this will last.

Maybe it will throw the bomb and think that simmers will calm down in few days until the forums return to the normal situation.

So what do you think guys? And what do you think the bomb is? For sure it will be something very negative and will not appeal to simmers. Maybe even those players who attended the creator camp are not aware of it. Or maybe they are aware but asked not to talk about it.

Is it the premium thing that will be announced? is it something worse? what do you say?

I don't think that has anything to do with the maintenance on the site. Note GuruHydra says people will need to pick a new avatar. Why? Unless they are converting the TS3 website to the TS4 website.

I have never heard before we would have to change our avatar to 'remain' (sounds like) on the website. Did I read that right in her sticky note? I'm half asleep today. I must have read that wrong.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • gmgargmgar Posts: 2,064 Member
    edited August 2014
    This site went offline when we changed to the FB wall looking mypages.

I can not remember for how long it was down.

I do not think it is a big bomb... I think they are pushing S3 aside ad trying to force people to S4.
    What is that old war cry... Hel* no, we won't go!

Sorry edit typos...have not slept since Monday...what day is it again,lol. Well I guess this time I must go.
  • KramYraeloKramYraelo Posts: 734 Member
    edited August 2014
    Shadoza2 wrote:
    The announcement said we will no longer have our old avatar, so it most likely is a overhaul on the site to support and advertise the new game.

Yeah, but why are they overhauling The Sim 3 site to accommodate The Sims 4? And why should we have to update our avatars? A lot of them are from Sims we've uploaded. And for some of us, it is who we are and how we are readily identified here.

I have a really bad feeling about this.
  • KramYraeloKramYraelo Posts: 734 Member
    edited August 2014
    gmgar wrote:

I do not think it is a big bomb... I think they are pushing S3 aside ad trying to force people to S4.

Sorry edit typos...have not slept since Monday...what day is it again,lol. Well I guess this time I must go.

This is exactly what I was thinking gmgar. It has been my suspicion they would force an early adoption by cutting TS3 support fast ever since the announcement by the store team they had been canned.

Not liking this at all.

Regards,

Krammy
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited August 2014
    I hope our bookmarks don't go. I have a lot of helpful and fun ones saved. Also I hope they add a Sims 2 forum since we now have the ultimate edition.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    edited August 2014
    lets not forget losing or purchuse history for or sims3 store content
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • gmgargmgar Posts: 2,064 Member
    edited August 2014
    KramYraelo wrote:
    gmgar wrote:

This is exactly what I was thinking gmgar. It has been my suspicion they would force an early adoption by cutting TS3 support fast ever since the announcement by the store team they had been canned.

Not liking this at all.

Regards,

Krammy

Yes, I am right with you. I do not like this and it is not making me want S4 but it is making me not want another EA game ever again.

Take care...and keep enjoying the games you have right now.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    edited August 2014
    gmgar wrote:
    KramYraelo wrote:
    gmgar wrote:

Not liking this at all.

Regards,

Krammy

Yes, I am right with you. I do not like this and it is not making me want S4 but it is making me not want another EA game ever again.

I agree with you Gmgar and KramYraelo. I think they're trying their best to shove Sims 3 into a corner and coerce everyone to focus on "the new shiny" being Sims 4. I don't doubt the store and the exchange will still be up but I wonder if they'll try their best to minimize the Sims 3 section of the forums, leaving people to feel like if there's no reason to talk about Sims 3 they will either adapt and get Sims 4 (no for me) or just leave.

:? :?
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited August 2014
    Memina11 wrote:
    lets not forget losing or purchuse history for or sims3 store content

I hope not .
  • deltagirl1326deltagirl1326 Posts: 468 Member
    edited August 2014
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    gmgar wrote:
    KramYraelo wrote:
    gmgar wrote:

Not liking this at all.

Regards,

Krammy

I agree with you Gmgar and KramYraelo. I think they're trying their best to shove Sims 3 into a corner and coerce everyone to focus on "the new shiny" being Sims 4. I don't doubt the store and the exchange will still be up but I wonder if they'll try their best to minimize the Sims 3 section of the forums, leaving people to feel like if there's no reason to talk about Sims 3 they will either adapt and get Sims 4 (no for me) or just leave.

:? :?

I think it's this. Either buy the new piece of crap or you're on your own. You didn't like our online idea? Fine, enjoy the silence! I hated hearing about the loss of a lot of our Sims 3 team. But now I think they might have left on their own after finding out what was coming. Either way, I'm glad they're not here to see this horror.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2014
    i'm getting it also...but it maybe a good thing what they are doing...with all this hate and things like this..they maybe wanting to clean up the forums some.

Do you mean by 'clean up' the threads, censorship?

If thousands were thrilled here there would be thousands of positive posts. It's not the negative people's fault actually there isn't that much positivity for this game. Yes, both camps go into each others threads but if it was so grand it would be more like the conversations over on SimsVIP (no offense Simsvip) and nothing much negative. Positive people come here because this is the busy forum. Why is that? Because of the negative reactions. Notice no one is actually over at the real EA.com forum, it's dead, and why is that? Because no that many are that positive.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • lilhunnylilhunny Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited August 2014
    theyre trying to get u nerds to go outside
  • jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    edited August 2014
    Starting Friday.. Twitter it is then!!