Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help Sims2/Ultimate/Origin Won't Help

AnabelleLeeAnabelleLee Posts: 182 Member
I downloaded the Sims 2 Ultimate. Not exactly totally free to me as I own all the disks but had never registered them with Origin or EA before Ultimate offered.

The game will not play as the alert Mansions and Garden Stuff corrupted, this application will now terminate comes up.

I tried to chat with Origin for help but that chat is blocked now for questions about Sims 2. I posted for help in the Origin forum but no one would answer and help.

I read what I could, but could not find the answer to even the question that if I were to uninstall Sims 2 Ultimate and tried to re-install it, would the game just vanish from my Origin games an not be able to be re-installed, or would the game show but Origin no longer allow it to be installed/downloaded.

I do not know what to do and can find no one to help me.

Comments

• Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited August 2014
    I downloaded the Sims 2 Ultimate. Not exactly totally free to me as I own all the disks but had never registered them with Origin or EA before Ultimate offered.

The game will not play as the alert Mansions and Garden Stuff corrupted, this application will now terminate comes up.

I tried to chat with Origin for help but that chat is blocked now for questions about Sims 2. I posted for help in the Origin forum but no one would answer and help.

I read what I could, but could not find the answer to even the question that if I were to uninstall Sims 2 Ultimate and tried to re-install it, would the game just vanish from my Origin games an not be able to be re-installed, or would the game show but Origin no longer allow it to be installed/downloaded.

I do not know what to do and can find no one to help me.

I'm pretty sure there is an option to reinstall the game. Let me check.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Very grateful for any help.
  • Options
    bluesshoteyes2bluesshoteyes2 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2014
    Try www.modthesims.info

This site has been of great help to me in the past. I've been a member there for many years. They have some info about your problem right on the main page.

Good luck.
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited August 2014

Yeah there wasn't an option to reinstall, but there was an option to uninstall. I'm not sure how the whole Origin thing would work, because I've never uninstalled through Origin. But I'm assuming that it would stay in you 'My Games' tab, just in case you would want to reinstall it back later. It would be pretty dumb, if they didn't give you that option.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    kirby356 wrote:

It would be pretty dumb, if they didn't give you that option.

TY very much for checking for me. From what I have been learning about EA reading these forums I am now coming to expect anything bizarre and surreal.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Try www.modthesims.info

This site has been of great help to me in the past. I've been a member there for many years. They have some info about your problem right on the main page.

Good luck.

TY. I have never been to that site before. I will go and join that site also since you recommend it.
  • Options
    LegendaryLegendary Posts: 390 Member
    edited August 2014
    kirby356 wrote:

Yeah there wasn't an option to reinstall, but there was an option to uninstall. I'm not sure how the whole Origin thing would work, because I've never uninstalled through Origin. But I'm assuming that it would stay in you 'My Games' tab, just in case you would want to reinstall it back later. It would be pretty dumb, if they didn't give you that option.

Once the Sims 2 is in your games list, it is there to stay.
    I'm just here to see how the fandom reacts to the game coming out.
  • Options
    ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited August 2014
    Go your games in Origin, right-click on UC and select "uninstall".
    It will either uninstall your game immediately or open your control panel. If it opens your control panel, scroll down to "The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection" and uninstall it.

Once you've uninstalled, go back to Origin and reinstall your game. See what happens then. Hopefully, it will be a clean install.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    edited August 2014
    ErnesaT wrote:
    Go your games in Origin, right-click on UC and select "uninstall".
    It will either uninstall your game immediately or open your control panel. If it opens your control panel, scroll down to "The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection" and uninstall it.

Once you've uninstalled, go back to Origin and reinstall your game. See what happens then. Hopefully, it will be a clean install.

Hello everyone!

There is also a repair option when you right click on UC.

:D