Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you serious EA ?

2...Next

Comments

• DemyanoSlavDemyanoSlav Posts: 581 Member
    edited August 2014
    Alysha1988 wrote:
    Simple. When they're woo-hooing, there are no blur-bars, they just go under the covers, she giggles.

However, I'm not entirely sure what to tell her if she says, 'Uncle Aemilian, why is that lady blurry? She isn't using the bathroom?'

You say that's how mothers feed their babies?.... It's part of nature and I just fail to see how it's inappropriate for a child to know about breast feeding...

I don't think it's inappropriate, I just don't feel comfortable having that conversation with her when her mother can explain it just as well as I.
  • LegendaryLegendary Posts: 390 Member
    edited August 2014
    But you would be willing to explain it to your nephew?
    I'm just here to see how the fandom reacts to the game coming out.
    edited August 2014
    Legendary wrote:

Quite.

It's based on how we were raised growing up, my sister, my brothers and I. Such matters were always explained to us by our father or uncles, when it came to such things, and our mother explained such to our sister. Our father raised the males, and our mother raised our sister, although we were not isolated from each other, it was a very interesting life, but it was a pretty traditional Roma upbringing.
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited August 2014
    Well, this thread took a rather...bizarre turn. :lol:
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
    edited August 2014
    Yes it did!

Now let's say we get back on subject?

Yes. I do miss the burrito babies.
    edited August 2014
    Legendary wrote:

Quite.

It's based on how we were raised growing up, my sister, my brothers and I. Such matters were always explained to us by our father or uncles, when it came to such things, and our mother explained such to our sister. Our father raised the males, and our mother raised our sister, although we were not isolated from each other, it was a very interesting life, but it was a pretty traditional Roma upbringing.

Okay then... Well, since I try not to insult harmless cultural differences... How about you tell your sister the game will have breastfeeding in advance?
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited August 2014
    Alysha1988 wrote:
    Simple. When they're woo-hooing, there are no blur-bars, they just go under the covers, she giggles.

However, I'm not entirely sure what to tell her if she says, 'Uncle Aemilian, why is that lady blurry? She isn't using the bathroom?'

You say that's how mothers feed their babies?.... It's part of nature and I just fail to see how it's inappropriate for a child to know about breast feeding...

I don't think it's inappropriate, I just don't feel comfortable having that conversation with her when her mother can explain it just as well as I.

When I was young, I'd look at National Geographic magazine and they were full of women with no tops and many of them were breast-feeding (most of them were native women in Africa or the South Pacific, but still).

I could go on a huge rant about how society's been ruined by the sexualization of the female breast, but that topic would work better on the political blogs I hang out on, not for a video game forum. :roll: Suffice it to say that women have been breast-feeding their infants for thousands of years; the invention of packaged baby formula is a relatively modern development. In addition, there are many health benefits for babies in breast milk, as well as providing an additional bonding mechanism for mother and baby. And some babies absolutely have to have breast milk due to allergies or sensitivities to the ingredients in packaged formula. Now, not every woman is able to breast feed (some can't because they're taking medications that could harm the infant when passed through the breast milk, and others can't produce the amount of milk necessary -- my mother in law was one of those, and said, "I would have made a lousy cow" :mrgreen: ), so it's good that packaged formula is available.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • LovenVincentLovenVincent Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited August 2014
    Gothlove24 wrote:
    I have supported you though the No Toddlers and Pools thing, but now Babies are TS1 Style, *** EA I am still buying the game but seriously ! Babies are basically objects and not Sims anymore ! this sucks now Child is the only Life stage that has a distinct height :/

:hunf: sorry you lost me at *ahhhhh but im still buying it* complaining for the sake of complaining (like many others) attention,attention. well you got it so have a good day :)
    0sig_YunaTidus_animated.gif

Origin: Damian_Nyx
    edited August 2014
    Gothlove24 wrote:
    I have supported you though the No Toddlers and Pools thing, but now Babies are TS1 Style, *** EA I am still buying the game but seriously ! Babies are basically objects and not Sims anymore ! this sucks now Child is the only Life stage that has a distinct height :/

:hunf: sorry you lost me at *ahhhhh but im still buying it* complaining for the sake of complaining (like many others) attention,attention. well you got it so have a good day :)

Yeah I seriously don't get it. I get my position (I hate the changes and won't buy) just fine. I get the "I love it and am obviously buying it" position; I just strongly, violently and passionately disagree with it. But "I hate it and am buying"? WHY? If you think EPs will make things better, well... Okay I guess a fool and his money and all that but at least wait for those EPs instead of gambling. If you just want to play Sims, the first three games haven't gone anywhere...

I don't get it.
  • IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited August 2014
    kirby356 wrote:
    The best way to tell a company you don't like something, is with your wallet.

The only reason I shell out the bucks is because I'm not 100% certain if the death of the Sims would be the death of EA, and I actually like a lot of their other games. (Although Bioware is a close-second.)

EA would not go broke in the least if sims 4 doesn't sell well, they are way to big and own too many succesfull studios to do so... .
    the only thing that can happen though is since that Simcity 2013 had such a bad release (and i have no clue how that game is doing these days?) and if sims 4 also has a bad release now, Then i would forsee EA just shutting the Maxis team down (since in the last few years they have only done sims/simcity games)...
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited August 2014
    Ivinora wrote:
    kirby356 wrote:
    The best way to tell a company you don't like something, is with your wallet.

The only reason I shell out the bucks is because I'm not 100% certain if the death of the Sims would be the death of EA, and I actually like a lot of their other games. (Although Bioware is a close-second.)

EA would not go broke in the least if sims 4 doesn't sell well, they are way to big and own too many succesfull studios to do so... .
    the only thing that can happen though is since that Simcity 2013 had such a bad release (and i have no clue how that game is doing these days?) and if sims 4 also has a bad release now, Then i would forsee EA just shutting the Maxis team down (since in the last few years they have only done sims/simcity games)...
    I'm not convinced they would shut Maxis down since they apparently are moving towards working on an online game and EA seems very interested in mobile gaming.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Dragonrose69Dragonrose69 Posts: 748 Member
    edited August 2014

Although I'm not entirely sure how I feel about my young niece playing a game that includes breast-feeding. She's very young.

Sorry to take this OT again but I just wanted to add... In my opinion, if there is any aspect of the game you are not comfortable talking to your niece about, you should not be allowing her to play the game. I have the same opinion about letting children watch movies or read books or any thing similar, if they are not old enough to discuss the content with or you are not comfortable discussing it with them, they are not ready for those things.
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited August 2014
    06Bon06 wrote:
    I don't mean to be rude(The forums have been terrifying today :lol: ) but if you don't like it why do you want to buy it? Or is it the only part that you don't like.

Personally, I think the babies will get on your nerves real quick, the did in Sims 1 and then everyone being the same height and looking the Same :?

Yes.
  • Jdavij20033Jdavij20033 Posts: 2,054 Member
    edited August 2014

Although I'm not entirely sure how I feel about my young niece playing a game that includes breast-feeding. She's very young.

Sorry to take this OT again but I just wanted to add... In my opinion, if there is any aspect of the game you are not comfortable talking to your niece about, you should not be allowing her to play the game. I have the same opinion about letting children watch movies or read books or any thing similar, if they are not old enough to discuss the content with or you are not comfortable discussing it with them, they are not ready for those things.

I'm pretty sure that it isn't that she's too young to know about breastfeeding. It's cultural differences. Men explain things to boys and women explain things to girls. Once he explained that I totally understand his hesitations.
    rifJadC.png
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited August 2014
    06Bon06 wrote:
    I don't mean to be rude(The forums have been terrifying today :lol: ) but if you don't like it why do you want to buy it? Or is it the only part that you don't like.

Personally, I think the babies will get on your nerves real quick, the did in Sims 1 and then everyone being the same height and looking the Same :?

Here's a thought - many of us have played this franchise for over a decade. "Dont like it, don't buy it" isn't exactly a realistic solution. We have a right to raise hell when the people designing this game screw up.

By saying why we're not going to buy the game, we're telling EA (if they even dare to set foot in this forum even with fireproof undies :mrgreen: ) what we need to get us to buy the game. If EA is smart, they'll take those suggestions into account when they put out EPs and such, and when they get tired of Sims 4 and decide to move on to Sims 5.

I could have lived with no toddlers for a bit if babies had more interactions...and yes they have more interactions but they (and by extension the parents) are chained to the crib. You can't take the baby out of the room where the crib is, not even downstairs or to the back yard. No more baby swings, no more stroller walks. We don't even know if there are babysitters available -- will the parents be stuck at home with the baby until the player decides to age the baby to a child? And evidently you can do that right away -- so probably most players will do that and EA will be like, "See? We told you babies were of little use" and in Sims 5, there'll be no babies or toddlers at all. Sims will WooHoo and the stork shows up on their doorstep with a fully grown child. :roll:

Do sims still age normally or do they also only age with the cake

For all we know children and teens are half done and they will be left out next time :lol:
  • AnnitaEatsYaAnnitaEatsYa Posts: 1,583 Member
    edited August 2014

I'm pretty sure that it isn't that she's too young to know about breastfeeding. It's cultural differences. Men explain things to boys and women explain things to girls. Once he explained that I totally understand his hesitations.

I don't think you're ever too young to know about breast feeding. I do think that if this game is rated T/12/equivalent rating for country X it's inappropriate to allow a child who is 'very young' to play it in the first instance. However, if you - DemyanoSlav - have played the game yourself and deemed it suitable for your niece, plus supervise her while playing as it sounds like you do, then that is your educated, adult choice to make. However, I am a bit baffled by your saying that explaining breast feeding is a conversation for your sister to have with her daughter while making it sound like you would be the one asked, thereby making things uncomfortable. I'm not being rude, just curious, but is there a reason your niece is more likely to ask you than her mother? Does she only play the game when you're taking care of her? Perhaps in the same way my nephews only play the bongo drums when they're at Nanny and Grandad's house ;)

To the topic at hand, I think the babies look awful and have been really poorly implemented. If I was holding out any hope that I might be swayed by awesome gameplay pictures and footage from other simmers once the game was released I have now let that go :lol: they've done too much that I don't like already and I think I actually pulled a 'Bleurgh!' face when I saw those babies the first time!
  • Jdavij20033Jdavij20033 Posts: 2,054 Member
    edited August 2014

I don't think you're ever too young to know about breast feeding. I do think that if this game is rated T/12/equivalent rating for country X it's inappropriate to allow a child who is 'very young' to play it in the first instance. However, if you - DemyanoSlav - have played the game yourself and deemed it suitable for your niece, plus supervise her while playing as it sounds like you do, then that is your educated, adult choice to make. However, I am a bit baffled by your saying that explaining breast feeding is a conversation for your sister to have with her daughter while making it sound like you would be the one asked, thereby making things uncomfortable. I'm not being rude, just curious, but is there a reason your niece is more likely to ask you than her mother? Does she only play the game when you're taking care of her? Perhaps in the same way my nephews only play the bongo drums when they're at Nanny and Grandad's house ;)

To the topic at hand, I think the babies look awful and have been really poorly implemented. If I was holding out any hope that I might be swayed by awesome gameplay pictures and footage from other simmers once the game was released I have now let that go :lol: they've done too much that I don't like already and I think I actually pulled a 'Bleurgh!' face when I saw those babies the first time!

Cultural differences.
    rifJadC.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2014
    I am disspointed that things have been removed and crippled, but through those disappointments I can see REALLY good things that this game and build on through expansions. It might just be because I was never truly into the gameplay aspect and all I really liked doing was building and creating sims, and it looks like this game is just the right thing for me.

Fair assumption since The Sims has been going strong for fourteen years the next one would also have DLC and EPs etc. However, let's base the decision you are making on just this base game with no EPs or anything ever coming out ever again to expand it.

Would you still say it's worth it? I'm not asking people not to buy, if you love it for the building great, or the CAS great but some of us need sandbox gameplay. We aren't seeing 'that'.

Let's say building is what it is, and no patches, no EPs, no nothing is it worth the $60-$70 price tag as a stand alone game?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Gothlove24Gothlove24 Posts: 244 New Member
    edited August 2014
    Looks like I need to get into Modding
  • AnnitaEatsYaAnnitaEatsYa Posts: 1,583 Member
    edited August 2014

Cultural differences.

Um, yes. I'm not an idiot. He explained that in his family men explain things to boys and women explain things to girls. I was wondering if there's a reason he was more likely to be in the position of having his niece asking about what she was seeing in the game than his sister. For example, if she only plays the game when he's around that would explain why he's worried about being in the position of being asked when it would be more appropriate for her mother to answer her questions. Maybe read my post again before you got size-24-font-ing me. Apologies if my previous post was difficult to understand, sometimes I try my best but am still not clear.
  • Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    edited August 2014
    Here's my take...

If you cut it from the game, you better be sure to offer something amazing and ground-breaking to replace what I have lost due to your cuts.

Have I seen anything this amazing?

*crickets*

btw Bro, I want my Demo!
    OJGRGDT.gif