Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fire the Producers!!!

They need to go.

Put game development into the hands of designers who aren't incompetent. First SimCity now this. They clearly need to take a back seat. Who the heck OK'd the decisions made in this game?

I miss the old Maxis.

Rachel Franklin? BYE!

Comments

• Options
    AlizatinaAlizatina Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited August 2014
    Actually, the game devs have to do what the producers say, so your hate is misguided.
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
    “It’s very dangerous,” she said, “falling in love with someone’s flaws.”
  • Options
    Gtompkins48Gtompkins48 Posts: 477 Member
    edited August 2014
    Alizatina wrote:
    Actually, the game devs have to do what the producers say, so your hate is misguided.

The title of the thread is fire the PRODUCERS.

I know I also called them designers. But if the producers don't fit under that definition, then that's another reason to get rid of them.
  • Options
    deltagirl1326deltagirl1326 Posts: 468 Member
    edited August 2014
    This may be why my last post was taken down but it's too frickin' hilarious to let you miss it! It may answer your questions!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjYEi4PEqF4
  • Options
    Claire17Claire17 Posts: 655 Member
    edited August 2014
    I would definitely be happy to see some fresh faces. Not at all happy with the direction the sims is going in.
  • Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited August 2014
    Alizatina wrote:
    No, I am pretty sure they hit it right on target...
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    KeffersKeffers Posts: 984 Member
    edited August 2014
    This was forewarned to us last year when they fired a bunch of gurus who all claimed how bad this game was. It was not bitterness, it was the truth. I will play this game, but I will not buy it.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    This may be why my last post was taken down but it's too frickin' hilarious to let you miss it! It may answer your questions!

This won't help because every thread that links to this video (especially on the first page) seems to get deleted.

However, they are going to lock and remove it soon because it is defamation towards the company.
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited August 2014

Maybe because your post was a troll post? :roll:
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Keffers wrote:
    This was forewarned to us last year when they fired a bunch of gurus who all claimed how bad this game was. It was not bitterness, it was the truth. I will play this game, but I will not buy it.
    Talking about piracy? Yeah, this thread is definitely getting locked.
  • Options
    KeffersKeffers Posts: 984 Member
    edited August 2014
    No, I'm talking about playing it round someone else's house. Obviously.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Keffers wrote:

Mhmm. All those fired SimGuru's shed some light on how the Maxis team is all about office politics, and how incompetent their leadership was.

It's time to FIRE the producers. Bring in people who don't suck.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Maybe because your post was a troll post? :roll:
    Humor <> troll :)
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited August 2014
    Agreed. Fire them all.
  • Options
    deltagirl1326deltagirl1326 Posts: 468 Member
    edited August 2014
    Ah man! But it's so funny! It's right up Bro alley!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Alizatina wrote:

I know I also called them designers. But if the producers don't fit under that definition, then that's another reason to get rid of them.
    I went back, and I mis-read one important word in what you say (aren't instead of are), so partially my bad.

And Also no, Game Designers are not Producers, Game designers also have to listen to the producers.
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Alizatina wrote:
    Alizatina wrote:

I wen't back, and I mis-read one important word in what you say (aren't instead of are), so partially my bad.

And Also no, Game Designers are not Producers, Game designers also have to listen to the producers.

I know. But producers should consider themselves game designers FIRST and administrative personnel SECOND.

Perhaps that is part of the problem?
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited August 2014
    bflury wrote:

This won't help because every thread that links to this video (especially on the first page) seems to get deleted.

However, they are going to lock and remove it soon because it is defamation towards the company.

But it's TRUE. Why do they want to hide their true nature? :lol:

That's rhetorical....
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    bflury wrote:

Of course they'll lock it. But I stand by what I'm saying. I have been playing the Sims since 2002 and the current decision-makers have almost RUINED the franchise.

We need NEW people working on this franchise. I take no happiness in wishing for someone's firing, but that's what it's come to. SOMEONE needs to do the job RIGHT. The current producers clearly aren't.
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    edited August 2014
    Alizatina wrote:
    Alizatina wrote:

I wen't back, and I mis-read one important word in what you say (aren't instead of are), so partially my bad.

I know. But producers should consider themselves game designers FIRST and administrative personnel SECOND.

Stop this unless thalk about who's right about producers and things.
    To the OP: I would change the title, because ea won't keep this topic. It's ok to hate (wow never knew I would say this one time), but not with the burning and stuff ;-)
  • Options
    Claire17Claire17 Posts: 655 Member
    edited August 2014
    bflury wrote:

Of course they'll lock it. But I stand by what I'm saying. I have been playing the Sims since 2002 and the current decision-makers have almost RUINED the franchise.

We need NEW people working on this franchise. I take no happiness in wishing for someone's firing, but that's what it's come to. SOMEONE needs to do the job RIGHT. The current producers clearly aren't.

They could just be shuffled off to work on a game that's more suited to their ideas.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Alizatina wrote:
    Alizatina wrote:

No, producers are pretty much have to be how they are in the game development world, because someone HAS to be the person that over sees ever step in the game development as each part (the designers, the coders, the art people, etc.) is sooooooo labor intensive. All producers should honestly know ever part though, so they don't set unrealistic goals; which unrealistic goals 100% is what the problems Sims 4 was facing.

So yeah, 100% agree that the producers suck, I just originally thought you were bashing the dev team, but that part I was reading to fast! :XD:
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    mikmaker wrote:
    Alizatina wrote:
    Alizatina wrote:

Stop this unless thalk about who's right about producers and things.
    To the OP: I would change the title, because ea won't keep this topic. It's ok to hate (wow never knew I would say this one time), but not with the burning and stuff ;-)

I'm the OP. I will say what needs to be said. We all know its true.

The people in charge of this game's design are incompetent, and they need to go. At least place them somewhere else in the company where they wont do as much damage.
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited August 2014
    Ya Rachael Franklin can go back to making ****** cell phone games! How the hell did she get her job? You go from cell phones to the most sold pc franchise of all time? She must have spread her legs for the right person! I demand a head on a stick! :evil:
  • Options
    ThoddyEAThoddyEA Posts: 108 Member
    edited August 2014

This video is childish and wrong at all. Ok... it's like you.
    This poster is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
  • Options
    Ze_Blue_PandaZe_Blue_Panda Posts: 351 Member
    edited August 2014
    JULES1111 wrote:
    Ya Rachael Franklin can go back to making ****** cell phone games! How the hell did she get her job? You go from cell phones to the most sold pc franchise of all time? She must have spread her legs for the right person! I demand a head on a stick! :evil:

You guys are just being real ******** babies now.