Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CHECK PAGE 3 FOR UPDATE! Page 4 link to restarted project as Thistlecreek Village

Comments

• simmeroliviasimmerolivia Posts: 199 Member
    edited July 2014
    Stopping in to say I won't play without Overwatch, anyway, so I am still very much interested in your world if you decide to make it available (fingers crossed) :mrgreen:
  • 17mars17mars Posts: 263 Member
    edited July 2014
    I don't play without Overwatch either so that's no deal breaker for me. Still have this on my radar.
  • KennziKaigeKennziKaige Posts: 132 Member
    edited July 2014
    Aw thank you 17mars and simmerolivia!

I am bitter sweet about this next update on Fair Haven Isle...
    *pause for dramatics*
    I still have the original saved and backed up for dabbling into if anyone is interested in the resort problem. I am more than willing to email whoever would be interested in solving this puzzling mystery in case this happens to anyone else.

BUT! I have "started over". I exported the heightmap and most of the lots from the original world into New Fair Haven Isle! :D and I've been busy making it better and more fantastic than the last! Because of my little cheating, I haven't lost much time and I will be updating this thread OP with new pictures and information. Doing this has re-inspired me to design creative new lot ideas and better placement for all the commercial and residential lots to be found.

With this in mind, soon I'll be opening up an "closed" alpha test for those who would like to build lots and help test the overall world before I release it to the masses in a beta test.

I will admit though that my progress will start slowing down. I have recently endeavored into a high-volume, entertainment bartending school in hopes of new and exciting opportunities ontop of still working as a makeup consultant and other life goals. My plate is getting a bit fuller sorta-speak.
    Thistlecreek Village forum link here.
    edited July 2014
    Update made with photos on the OP!
    More by the weekend :mrgreen:
    edited August 2014
    I haz been busy!
    Here are some builds I've been working on the past two weeks or so :mrgreen:

(There are lot tears and they're on my "fix it" list next time I go into CAW)

Sims 1 remakes!

Mainside

Screenshot-162_zps89cbec82.jpg
    Pet Paradise!

Screenshot-152_zps7fe8b15c.jpg
    Cameron's Lounge

Screenshot-14_zps5a4ae0e1.jpg
    Hedman's Hideaway

Farmers Creek

Screenshot-5_zpse4717ec3.jpg
    Custer's Market

Creepy Hollow

Screenshot-7_zps90e65c0b.jpg
    Ever After Oaks

Screenshot-8_zps50ea8e51.jpg
    Alfred's B & B

Wander Port

Screenshot-192_zps1603a474.jpg
    Forest Edge Camp

Screenshot-202_zpsbdba9f16.jpg
    Serra Glen

aanndd a Sims 2 remake!

Screenshot_zps557348f4.jpg

Newest Builds

Screenshot-3_zps39726503.jpg
    The Drunken Gator

Screenshot-6_zps56247dc4.jpg
    Fishing spot

Screenshot-11_zpsfcdea39b.jpg
    Oceanwood Bay Dock

Screenshot-182_zps398dc2cc.jpg
    Gas Station

Screenshot-12_zpsefcdc776.jpg
    Oceanwood Bay Main Beach

Screenshot-172_zpsa27bcc9f.jpg
    "The Ally" Consignment Store

Screenshot-4_zps1b573697.jpg
    Champman Apartments

Screenshot-252_zpsdce0a6ba.jpg
    Grimm Manor

Spare pictures

Screenshot-212_zpsc9708f98.jpg

Screenshot-262_zpsc5c5757c.jpg

Screenshot-242_zps1d0494dc.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited August 2014
    Wow! I may have to start playing again just to play this world!
    edited August 2014
    Update!

Newest Additions:

Feather Wood Hotel

Screenshot-62_zps3fcf54c5.jpg
    Screenshot-72_zps85e1a95c.jpg

Victorian Row (Apartments)

Screenshot2_zps1aeea80e.jpg

Drive-in

Screenshot-22_zps18645955.jpg

Other Photos

Screenshot-82_zps1ef41b46.jpg

Screenshot-92_zps65d0c1c8.jpg

Screenshot-32_zpsd71ab7ee.jpg

Screenshot-42_zpse2801d56.jpg
    :D Newest build

Screenshot3_zpsc79d4396.jpg

Screenshot-23_zps291b263c.jpg
  • ClayworldClayworld Posts: 1,106 Member
    OMG! I'm so excited about this world. I love Magic Town and the Making Magic EP. I still play the old sims from time to time. I'm not ready to leave Sims 3 for Sims 4 by a long shot.
  • ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    Long-time lurker of this thread. It's absolutely fantastic... I began to make a TS3-version of Magic Town back in 2012, but had to stop due to not having suitable EPs(such as Supernatural, lol!) and because my PC was going to explode. So I'm glad someone else is taking on the challenge! I wish you the best with the rest of the world :mrgreen:
  • moefymoefy Posts: 251 Member
    it looks great :D
    edited August 2014
    Sorry for delays everyone! I've been busy taking care of our new kitten, Fender. Long story short, we adopted her last Saturday and she's a little sick with a fever and is grossly underweight. I've been back and forth with the vet and giving her my attention (along with my cry-baby collie lol) to give her a fighting chance at life. She's so sweet.

tumblr_nalkdubtSu1tjvzwco1_500.jpg
    Fender is interested in Sims :p I was testing a residential lot I built in Calamity Forest.

Back on topic

@Clayworld, I'm glad you're excited about it!
    @Conorsim, Really! I think I might have seen some posts/forums or something about it and it inspired me. I don't think I'm experienced enough to do a Magic Town replica but based off one seemed do-able for a newbie :)
    @moefy, Thank you :D

If anyone is interested, I could use some help with lot building :) I'm slowing down with the building and there's still many residential lots to be made lol.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    You have a beautiful world and I look forward to your finished project. What style/sizes of residential builds are you looking for? Also, are you using all content available or limited to certain worlds or packs. I'm not a well known builder, but, I think I do ok in my games. I don't download anymore as I use a lot of CAP...I'm addicted to those. I have one sims3 file for building that doesn't have any CAP, CC, Mods in it and can pick and choose the worlds or packs to use. I don't think I even have store content in it except for a few worlds. Would you want them to be basic on the inside so simmers can decorate themselves or a bit elaborate?
    bekkasan wrote: »
    You have a beautiful world and I look forward to your finished project. What style/sizes of residential builds are you looking for? Also, are you using all content available or limited to certain worlds or packs. I'm not a well known builder, but, I think I do ok in my games. I don't download anymore as I use a lot of CAP...I'm addicted to those. I have one sims3 file for building that doesn't have any CAP, CC, Mods in it and can pick and choose the worlds or packs to use. I don't think I even have store content in it except for a few worlds. Would you want them to be basic on the inside so simmers can decorate themselves or a bit elaborate?

Thank you :)

I would most likely have to send you the world, if you would like, since some of the lots are not flat. But most lots are 30x30, 30x40, and 40x40. There are some 20x30 lots but few.

The world uses all EPs and SPs but the buildings can have anything in them. Though I would stay away from Store content since I don't have a complied list of all that I've used so far yet, except the Store worlds I know for sure of (and I don't own the whole store).

The style of homes are very similar to Moonlight Falls from SN. So far most of the homes are pulled from there anyway. And basic on the inside would be good. I personally hate decorating the inside haha. :p
    I'll try to post some photos today or tomorrow, but I haven't worked much on the lots the past few days. Life has been crazy this weekend.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I will put some of the stuff packs I have in my building save. I think it just has the EP's and maybe a couple of store worlds. I'm building a house in my main game right now that I've designed as an old moss covered house (found an awesome pattern in the exchange) and my sim is slowly earning money to fix it up and repair and add decor. I won't use any CAP in houses I would build for you though. I don't have any in that save at all. I have a lovely 3 day weekend off work and plan to do some laundry, some cleaning and lots of Sim time.
    tumblr_nbgo8fkBFX1tjvzwco1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nbgo8fkBFX1tjvzwco2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nbgo8fkBFX1tjvzwco5_1280.jpg

tumblr_nbgofrjIHy1tjvzwco1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nbgoeoAF4o1tjvzwco1_1280.jpg
    @bekkasan I hope you had an enjoyable three day weekend and days since! :D I'm so sorry about the late response, I hadn't had time to sit down with the forums in about a week... Even if the builds aren't for my world, I look forward to seeing them! I'm sure they're great :smile:
    edited September 2014
    Derped around for awhile today and created this:

tumblr_nc27b97rvM1tjvzwco1_r1_1280.png

I'm slowly working on the world in my spare time. I will complete this! :D
    If anyone is still interested in helping me build residential lots, the option is still available. I would greatly appreciate the help.
    Post edited by KennziKaige on
    tumblr_nbwr5nF71m1tjvzwco4_1280.jpg

tumblr_nbwr5nF71m1tjvzwco3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nbwr6r6scY1tjvzwco1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nbwr81jH981tjvzwco1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nbwrbcpoNC1tjvzwco1_1280.jpg
  • rawrmaegansmilerawrmaegansmile Posts: 240 Member
    Ahh I love this world! I can't wait to see more updates! xx
    xoxo
    edited September 2014
    > @rawrmaegansmile said:
    > Ahh I love this world! I can't wait to see more updates! xx

Thank you :D
  • EscalanteEscalante Posts: 9 New Member
    edited January 2015
    hello I know I months late but I recently started getting interested in magical worlds for the sims 3 and I would like to know if you've completed the world yet ive been looking at your creations for the world you were working on and they look very beautiful I'm very interested in having that world in my game
  • JodiRebbyJodiRebby Posts: 1,649 Member

Stunning! I'm in love! <3 I don't know if I can build you something (RL + contest-hosting) but I sure can try. Anything in particular that you're looking for, KennziKaige? :) Keep up the good work!
  • Gaxili1Gaxili1 Posts: 212 Member
    Uuh I love it! It's really beautiful :D