Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I think this is happening on this forum:

I'm only 5 minutes on this forum today and I can ascertain that the people who were positive before Sims creating camp became even more positive and the people who were negative before Sims creating camp became even more negative.

Please comment if I'm wrong :wink:

(Because of the sentence above, this song: Am I wrong? from Nico & Vinz is in my head now !)

Comments

• mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited August 2014
    I was really positive before sims camp. Now I'm not entirely negative but the optimism is definitely lacking. I'm not full on bashing the game. I'm just really disappointed. Especially about the babies and the "Map View"
  • SABRINALHS8SABRINALHS8 Posts: 17 Member
    edited August 2014
    I was really happy before, I didnt know then what I know now. I dont know if I can live without those features. Maybe if I pretend its not the sims and get someone to Mod the bop and logo out, I can pretend its a different game that tried to compete with the sims. Still waiting to see TheSimsVIP and Rachybop game play. Probably watch the forum today then wait and see what kinda lie's they spew at Gamecon and yeah thats about it.
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited August 2014
    After the recent new the forum descended into a storm like state.

a8d329ab2bfe12d494e417920fb41cbfff9d10d4992d56946088d1e229b012c7.jpg"width=320"
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited August 2014
    I was a LOT more on the positive and hopeful side before yesterday, even though I have been facing almost steady disappointments since finding out no CASt. I'm very disappointed, not at all excited, barely hopeful. I've seen a lot of the positives finally get hit with that 'one thing' that made them change their minds.
    I've seen some positives who would still be positive if they were shipped a box of flaming dog ***. I don't think you can categorize the response of the forums into two categories.
  • PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited August 2014
    There are also those people who are stretching further to one side to spite those who are on the other.

The us vs. them mentality was developed at some point and when some people took those sides, they planted themselves firmly there. To admit they could feel otherwise would be admitting they were wrong or unsure on some level. Some positive people view negative people as the "enemy" instead of a fellow sims player with an objective viewpoint, and vice versa.

If you ever deal with political elections, it is a lot like that. Someone might not even know the party they are voting for, or the party the support did something hugely corrupt and it was made public but people will still vote for that person simply because of time invested in supporting them and how it'd look to back down from their position. They'd rather vote for corruption than vote with people they view as their enemy.

Human psychology :shock:

I try to keep a balance view of pros and cons and have mentioned that there are things in this game I do like and appreciate but after even more bad news on a day that should have been incredibly exciting for the entire community, it made my cons even that much more prominent. I can't back this game nor can I be okay with what EA is doing.

As for the forums, I think a lot of the crap news from yesterday got the negative people more upset (who are already disgusted from the previous cuts) and made others who were on the fence feel cruddy, and to combat all the negative posts, some of the positive people became more vocal and defensive.
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited August 2014
    Sorry but you are wrong. I was on the positive side more and now I dont feel positive or optimistic about this game anymore! The babies thing just made me very disappointed, the career options seems to be catered more towards the casual gamers, who might buy Sims 4 play it for an hour or two then throw it or keep on a shelf to be covered with the dust.

This is not the Sims game that it used to be, it is not about the Sims anymore.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited August 2014
    I used to be positive about the game. I was ready to overlook the fact that there are no pools or toddlers. However, I am on the fence now. For me, it was the news about the 8 careers (astronaut? super spy?!) that disappointed me the most...
  • simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    edited August 2014
    The hopeful cling to and compromise their ideals, dearly seeking to embrace the party utopia (read: dystopia) that seems to have been crafted by the Ministry of EA.
    The doubtful dread what fresh Tartarus approaches with almost every passing day, seeing with sharp focus their nightmares come to horrifying life.
    The ardent and eager gadflies of the forum cluster in increasing numbers as the hopeful and doubtful join their ranks to torment the few the proud, the neutrals.
    We have a Two Tribes situation developing here, ladies and gentlemen. And you know what happens when two tribes go to war. :lol:
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • EuanSimEuanSim Posts: 2,345 Member
    edited August 2014
    mwdonohue wrote:
    I was really positive before sims camp. Now I'm not entirely negative but the optimism is definitely lacking. I'm not full on bashing the game. I'm just really disappointed. Especially about the babies and the "Map View"

Me too. What they've done to babies was the final nail in the coffin.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited August 2014
    Yea I'm still a Happy Camper
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSi6Rx0Rk7HdNGLp9F_S7PWAC-7U3IqSn-AkXr_uMFb_OAgIbDo
  • simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    edited August 2014
    Evalen wrote:

No need to yell about it. You've made your stance quite clear in the past. Unless you're trying to convince yourself of something.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
    edited August 2014
    Evalen wrote:

No need to yell about it. You've made your stance quite clear in the past. Unless you're trying to convince yourself of something.

Sorry I don't see any yelling, no capitol letters.
    and yes I am very happy for sims 4.
    No need to convince myself as I have already pre ordered.
    I can be happy if I want.
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    edited August 2014
    The hopeful cling to and compromise their ideals, dearly seeking to embrace the party utopia (read: dystopia) that seems to have been crafted by the Ministry of EA.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6jQgM84vpkg3JaMthoPj6teMzt2-DmbUr2YkWRrZsinKVVN1w

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited August 2014
    Quite contrary, mikmaker. I was here yesterday the whole day long. I have read hundreds of posts and I am under the impression that more people are convinced to not buy TS4 now. Even people who were definitely positive before are among them. :)
    This space is for rent.
  • Grimnir9Grimnir9 Posts: 83 Member
    edited August 2014
    I wasn't bothered by the no pools no toddlers thing (I rarely used those features anyway.) I had a positive outlook towards the game before yesterday. With the announcement of the careers and how that will work; I'm no longer interested in the game. Half of the careers they have seems quite silly; the other half I have no interest in. Until they fix this, I won't be buying the game. Hell, I think they just lost another costumer. Their loss. I spent a ton of cash on Sims 3, and would have on this game.
  • tac612tac612 Posts: 453 Member
    edited August 2014
    Cyron43 wrote:
    Quite contrary, mikmaker. I was here yesterday the whole day long. I have read hundreds of posts and I am under the impression that more people are convinced to not buy TS4 now. Even people who were definitely positive before are among them. :)

I have to agree with this as well. I spent hours on here and on various webistes, trying to decide and figure out what was in and what was out... and I'm spending my time with sims 2 and 3 instead.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited August 2014
    I doubt if you'll get an unbiased response. While there are some exceptions....for the most part people are going to see what they want in the videos and articles from Sims camp.

Yesterday there were links with articles or videos with comments on how the poster felt. I would read or watch and came away with a completely different thought.

If you were firmly in either camp I doubt that your mind was changed. If you had, even small, doubts either way the info may have changed your mind.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited August 2014
    DP
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited August 2014
    IMO, EA/Maxis is not telling the whole truth on what is happening with Sims 4 and what it has to offer and does not. We get bits and pieces. For every positive they give, they give a negative as well. If Sims 4 is supposed to be new, I must be drunk or something because in my opinion Sims 4 is not entirely new it is like a free to play game stripped of any major upgrades that you will have to pay later on to get, it is just that EA/Maxis is not telling us that. The marketing sucks and to date no up to date gameplay that is not staged.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • KramYraeloKramYraelo Posts: 734 Member
    edited August 2014
    Cyron43 wrote:

This is is what I've witnessed as well. In fact there were a couple of staunch supporters who flipped to the not buying side that took me a little by surprise. But I everyone has their breaking point.

Regards,

Krammy
    edited August 2014
    With these new pictures I am so happy I pre ordered, it gets better every minute of the day.

http://www.simtimes.de/19-exklusive-screenshots-zu-die-sims-4-16789/
  • deltagirl1326deltagirl1326 Posts: 468 Member
    edited August 2014
    Zolt65 wrote:

SO glad there are others that feel this way! I'm going to flee Sunset Valley before they begin rounding us up to work in the Sims 4 expansion pack work camps!
  • KramYraeloKramYraelo Posts: 734 Member
    edited August 2014
    Zolt65 wrote:

Anarchy_9a0a4c_202964.jpg
  • deltagirl1326deltagirl1326 Posts: 468 Member
    edited August 2014
    You're the best Krammy! Oh wait, are we allowed to have a "best?" Shhhhhhh...
    :lol:
  • GrapefruitdreamsGrapefruitdreams Posts: 59 Member
    edited August 2014
    I got super excited at the beginning of the day when I began seeing some gameplay and fresh news. Things seemed like they were going to be pretty alright! Then I learned about babies, and that was sad, and then dishwashers and trash compactors, which just made me question EA, and then careers. Those careers are absolutely horrid! Those are the careers you add in expansions, or at least mix with normal ones! Every single job is super artsy bohemian, and as much as I like artsy jobs, there are NO normal ones in the mix. Where the heck is Business, or Medical, or Politics, or Science, or Law Enforcement? Instead I have Tech Guru? This made me incredibly sad.