Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tips for starting a Simblr????

Been wanting to start up a simblr for a while now, but I'm kind of lost ahhaa.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated, and of course good simblr's for me to follow :D
Are there different kinds of simblrs?

ty ;)
Neiph

Comments

• SammLiteSammLite Posts: 1,171 Member
    edited August 2014
    My only advice is post what you want to and what you like. Followers will come, so don't quit if they don't come right away :)

There are a few different simblr types in my mind, although I don't think that there is a definite term for each... There are the content creators, the rebloggers, the average photo-editors, and the story/challange player :D

*cough* *cough* you should follow me *cough* :wink:
    gif2_zps7841c011.gif
  • JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    edited August 2014
    There aren't really any tips or advice that I can give you that Samm hasn't already covered. xD Use your Simblr for whatever you would like to use it for. Mine has a mixture of my modelling photos, random photoshoots, failed legacies, general gameplay etc.

The difference with my simblr is that I tend to keep it purely for my own content. I reblog very rarely and often delete my CC themed reblogs.

To get followers, simply follow other simblrs, reblog posts that you like and people will follow you!

I've had my simblr for almost 2 years now and I have 1,800 subscribers. You'll get there eventually. :)
  • MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 5,843 Member
    edited August 2014
    OMG! :roll: I gotta stop reblogging :D I'm working on so many things and nothing to show :roll: =)~
  • TheAyaseFanaticTheAyaseFanatic Posts: 205 Member
    edited August 2014
    I followed you Samm :)
    I'll follow the rest of you if you give your simblrs?
  • TayTay4899TayTay4899 Posts: 2,092 Member
    edited August 2014
    I can't think of any other tips besides the ones mentioned. Just don't expect to please everyone, as if you're expecting that, it can be discouraging. Do what ya want and what ya like is the key! :)

What's your simblr and I'll be happy to follow you though. :3
    SIggie_zpsteudom1n.gif
    edited August 2014
    TayTay4899 wrote:
    I can't think of any other tips besides the ones mentioned. Just don't expect to please everyone, as if you're expecting that, it can be discouraging. Do what ya want and what ya like is the key! :)

What's your simblr and I'll be happy to follow you though. :3

Thanks Tay :D
    You can get to it through my banner ^-^
    I'll follow you back :D
  • TayTay4899TayTay4899 Posts: 2,092 Member
    edited August 2014
    Followed! :mrgreen:
    SIggie_zpsteudom1n.gif
  • Cudan2Cudan2 Posts: 925 Member
    edited August 2014
    Followed you :)
    edited August 2014
    Thanks guys followed you both :D
  • t3istedt3isted Posts: 28
    edited August 2014
    I don't think anyone mentioned this, but another way to get your simblr out there for other people to see your content is to use cc that you like from more known simblrs and tag them. Many of them will reblog your post, so you can reach a bigger audience that can come check out your stuff and follow if they like.

I also keep a separate simblr for most reblogs, and one for my own content - I'm not sure if you would like to try that, but its easy to keep things organized. I personally don't follow simblrs that reblog too much content, since I am usually already following the person they are reblogging ;;

There's also a simblr on there, called smallsimblrworkshop I think it was? that will feature your simblr on their page if you'd like. I haven't done it yet but I should x]

I will check out all your simblrs once I'm home~ I'm sneaking on from work xD MY simblr is: ribbonjournals.tumblr.com if anyone wants to see it as well :)
  • Angel_ZarrAngel_Zarr Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited August 2014
    I followed you~! I'm zephiex :3 (I had to change my URL because of a recent hacker ;-;)

And hmm tips for simblrs... don't make anyone angry or upset; or the entire community will eat you alive. Hmm it takes a while until you get people's attention but just be yourself~! Just stay out of trouble :wink: !

Oh yeah I'm not really a simblr anymore though, but I do post sims on occasion. [Mainly because simblr community is cray cray, but I don't wanna scare you with my perspective XDD]
    edited August 2014
    t3isted wrote:
    I don't think anyone mentioned this, but another way to get your simblr out there for other people to see your content is to use cc that you like from more known simblrs and tag them. Many of them will reblog your post, so you can reach a bigger audience that can come check out your stuff and follow if they like.

I also keep a separate simblr for most reblogs, and one for my own content - I'm not sure if you would like to try that, but its easy to keep things organized. I personally don't follow simblrs that reblog too much content, since I am usually already following the person they are reblogging ;;

There's also a simblr on there, called smallsimblrworkshop I think it was? that will feature your simblr on their page if you'd like. I haven't done it yet but I should x]

I will check out all your simblrs once I'm home~ I'm sneaking on from work xD MY simblr is: ribbonjournals.tumblr.com if anyone wants to see it as well :)

Thanks for the tips, they were really good! I actually came across simblrworkshop and thought that it was a really good idea.

Followed you :D
    edited August 2014
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    I followed you~! I'm zephiex :3 (I had to change my URL because of a recent hacker ;-;)

And hmm tips for simblrs... don't make anyone angry or upset; or the entire community will eat you alive. Hmm it takes a while until you get people's attention but just be yourself~! Just stay out of trouble :wink: !

Oh yeah I'm not really a simblr anymore though, but I do post sims on occasion. [Mainly because simblr community is cray cray, but I don't wanna scare you with my perspective XDD]

Followed! Thanks for the follow too :D
    I'm not the type to try and upset someone anyway ;s

I'm part of the supernatural fandom so the simblrs don't really scare me hahhaha!
  • PeachKittensimsPeachKittensims Posts: 1 New Member
    quite an old thread but i've had the same issue! i started mine a few days ago... (peachkittensims.tumblr.com) but it's quite hard to get noticed or make new friends!