Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LOL is this a joke?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXLEAHpzFks

Finally! Someone outside EA shows some real gameplay footage. As we all expected, it is way too simplistic, childish, buggy, and feature lacking. The only redeeming feature is multitasking. Moving objects looks like a nightmare with random wall clippings. The emotions look cheesy and hilariously bad. The reviewer doesn't seem very pleased with the sims 4.

Oh well... We are going to have to wait a year or so for a reboot of the franchise once they discontinue sims 4 due to poor sale figures.

TIFFANY_POLLARD_9.gif

Comments

• simssims2sims3simssims2sims3 Posts: 400 Member
    edited August 2014
    Asuka7794 wrote:

Finally! Someone outside EA shows some real gameplay footage. As we all expected, it is way too simplistic, childish, buggy, and feature lacking. The only redeeming feature is multitasking. Moving objects looks like a nightmare with random wall clippings. The emotions look cheesy and hilariously bad. The reviewer doesn't seem very pleased with the sims 4.

Oh well... We are going to have to wait a year or so for a reboot of the franchise once they discontinue sims 4 due to poor sale figures.

TIFFANY_POLLARD_9.gif

This is probably the first Sims 4 review that was completely HONEST about its shortcomings. Really refreshing, though a bit disappointing, to watch.

ETA: I think that this is the first post of yours that I like, and one of a few that does not have a figure skater GIF :D
  • kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm disgusted by this. It's literally horse s***. :roll:
  • alejandro15039alejandro15039 Posts: 939 Member
    edited August 2014
    I think it was amazing, I can't wait to have my hands on it!!!
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited August 2014
    kirby356 wrote:

As am I.
  • GrapefruitdreamsGrapefruitdreams Posts: 59 Member
    edited August 2014
    I don't get it. How did it look simplistic, childish, and buggy? It looked the same as ever, with some cool new things thrown in. There was nothing worse about it, and I didn't see any bugs. You probably also shouldn't take a "dislikes children" trait if you want to be around children, yeah?
  • InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited August 2014
    kirby356 wrote:

Horse manure actually serves a purpose...TS4 on the other hand... hahahahahahahaha, no.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'll tell you what I'm disappointed about. I'm disappointed that I went into this thread and there wasn't a whale picture. What is this world coming to?
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
    edited August 2014
    Asuka7794 wrote:

TIFFANY_POLLARD_9.gif

TS4: The Disappointment Edition
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited August 2014
    Hi Asuka.

asian2.gif

I wish it were a joke.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited August 2014
    Well whether or not you agree or disagree with the above, at least we all now have the advantage of a lot of LPs on YouTube.

You know a day after TS4 is released they'll be 100 "let's plays" on YouTube, so you can get a good idea of what to expect.

At least this way we won't have to waste our money.
  • ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    edited August 2014
    I can't stop laughing :lol:

This thread :thumbup:
    keep on keepin' on
  • KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    edited August 2014
    I see everything in there. I see the bad and I see the good. Buying it. =)
  • SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    edited August 2014
    Asuka7794 wrote:

TIFFANY_POLLARD_9.gif

bcd72105-2082-4bdf-a26d-726c2142e47b_zpscedab9b5.jpg
  • Asuka7794Asuka7794 Posts: 1,431 Member
    edited August 2014
    I don't get it. How did it look simplistic, childish, and buggy? It looked the same as ever, with some cool new things thrown in. There was nothing worse about it, and I didn't see any bugs. You probably also shouldn't take a "dislikes children" trait if you want to be around children, yeah?

How can you not think its dumbed down? As the reviewer had mentioned, many things such as searching for a job is too simplistic and non-realistic. The emotions weird bi-polar nature of the sims makes them look like something out of a child's cartoon. How can you not see the bugs? The sims literally walked into the child. His shoulder brushed into and out of the child like a ghost. He could be a ghost... OH WAIT there aren't any ghosts in the game!!!

What if I wanted a Sim that disliked children with the exception of his little brother. I thought the whole point of smart Sims was so accommodate for more complex play styles.
    edited August 2014
    SimChic1 wrote:
    Asuka7794 wrote:

TIFFANY_POLLARD_9.gif

Basically.
  • IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited August 2014
    SimChic1 wrote:
    Asuka7794 wrote:

TIFFANY_POLLARD_9.gif

OMG That's so true i'm laughing. :lol:
  • JPG619JPG619 Posts: 460 Member
    edited August 2014
    Asuka7794 wrote:

TIFFANY_POLLARD_9.gif

Remember this is not the final build of the game, you don;t even know what version is it. I could be alpha for all we know.
  • kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited August 2014
    JPG619 wrote:
    Asuka7794 wrote:

TIFFANY_POLLARD_9.gif

Remember this is not the final build of the game, you don;t even know what version is it. I could be alpha for all we know.

Not this BS "it's in alpha stage" excuse again :roll:
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    edited August 2014
    JPG619 wrote:

Are you for real? This is NOT alpha!
    The game is distributed in FOUR WEEKS.
    That means it will go gold maybe next week!
    Shipped out the next.
    What possible MAJOR change can they make in a week?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
    edited August 2014
    JPG619 wrote:
    Asuka7794 wrote:

TIFFANY_POLLARD_9.gif

3b8f5b81556c440511026dec02b03c2ba74dff57c6471121af31c8e9762dd846.jpg
  • DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited August 2014
    JPG619 wrote:
    Asuka7794 wrote:

TIFFANY_POLLARD_9.gif
    \

Fair point. Why, then, are they showing an alpha build when it's supposed to be released in less than a month?
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    edited August 2014
    Zolt65 wrote:
    JPG619 wrote:

Are you for real? This is NOT alpha!
    The game is distributed in FOUR WEEKS.
    That means it will go gold maybe next week!
    Shipped out the next.
    What possible MAJOR change can they make in a week?

lmao this!
    keep on keepin' on
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited August 2014
    The review was honest and more on the positive side. Negative people can just concentrate on negative words!

The OP many times expressed his desire to have sims look like Asian Elfs. He posted many times showing pictures of what he wants, but let us make it clear, that WILL NOT HAPPEN. and we dont want to have the sims look ugly the way you want them!!
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
    edited August 2014
    The review was honest and more on the positive side. Negative people can just concentrate on negative words!

The OP many times expressed his desire to have sims look like Asian Elfs. He posted many times showing pictures of what he wants, but let us make it clear, that WILL NOT HAPPEN. and we dont want to have the sims look ugly the way you want them!!

tumblr_lisbn6aeGF1qi1df8o1_400.gif

Go on little sims sheep! Your devotion will be awarded with an empty wallet.

tumblr_msghdxr9Ki1shnsw1o1_500.jpg
  • GrapefruitdreamsGrapefruitdreams Posts: 59 Member
    edited August 2014
    Whatever. The game really doesn't look bad. I feel they could've done more, but it's good enough for me to buy it. I'm actually excited, despite how critical I've felt about the game over the past month or two.

EDIT: And yeah, you can do just about everything on your phones now. Was that seriously gameplay? "I'm so excited, I get to buy a computer to look for a job instead of the newspaper." Anyone who has a house has a cell phone.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top