Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GC's Barnacle Bay Makeover *Closed*

Comments

• CalisaneCalisane Posts: 61 Member
    edited August 2014
    Your school looks amazing Greencats. I recced it when I saw it on the exchange last night.
    Origin ID Calisane
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    edited August 2014
    Your WIP is looking great! :) Very nice exterior of it! The dormers look very nice! It looks great how you have done the alcove area for Alia. It is great that you have used Cath's idea of combining flowers with harvestable plants . It looks great!
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited August 2014
    Thank you! :)

Here's how it's looking now. I've finished the landscaping. I'm thinking of working the word 'clover' into the name of the house because I've used the clover terrain paint a lot, and because green is Travis' favourite colour, and to reflect his and Aoife's Irish heritage.
    Screenshot-59.jpg"width=640"

I expanded the house forwards by two tiles because space inside was a bit tight before.
    Screenshot-11-11.jpg"width=640"

Layout
    Screenshot-16-12.jpg"width=640"
    Screenshot-17-9.jpg
    Screenshot-2-29.jpg"width=640"

There's a little pathway behind the house that I just decided to line with a few dandelions. I didn't want to place lots of lag-inducing plants in an area that my sims probably won't visit very often.
    Screenshot-7-15.jpg"width=640"

View from what will be the play room.
    Screenshot-5-19.jpg"width=640"

Views from the patio.
    Screenshot-3-27.jpg"width=640"
    Screenshot-4-28.jpg"width=640"

Another shot of the harvestable garden. I swapped the high hedge fence for the low one.
    Screenshot-6-20.jpg"width=640"

Seating area
    Screenshot-8-16.jpg"width=640"

Travis and Aoife watching the jumping course from their front garden
    Screenshot-10-16.jpg"width=640"

A spot of early morning fishing.
    Screenshot-14-10.jpg"width=640"

I want to have Alia have a foal, so I sent her and Aoife to introduce themselves to Whiskey and Meadow.
    Screenshot-12-10.jpg"width=640"
    Screenshot-15-9.jpg"width=640"

Just before I quit for the evening I got the notification saying she was pregnant! She's not showing yet though.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
    edited August 2014
    The exterior of the house looks very nice! :) Great layout of the interior . It looks nice how you have placed the yellow dandelions along the narrow pathway beside the house, which reflects real life well. The flowers and harvestable garden looks nice. The sims will enjoy sitting relaxing outdoors on the hanging chair or on the chairs under the shade of the tree, enjoying the views and outdoors air. They are nice pictures that you have posted of the sims sitting there and of Travis enjoying doing some fishing. The colours of the sky in the fishing picture are nice! It is great that Alia is pregnant! Congratulations! I will look forward to seeing a picture of the foal! :)
  • sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited August 2014
    I think if you want clover in the name and incorporate the Irish background the obvious name has to be "The Cloverleaf" or, playing on that, "Cloverleaf Lodge" or "Cloverleaf Farm". I'll keep thinking of names.

Love what you have done so far. Your builds are always so elegant. :)
  • gypsy54gypsy54 Posts: 484 Member
    edited August 2014
    Another great build GC. I love the way you incorporate the views into your builds and your interior decorating is always so spot on, I love the colours you use - I have been guilty of stealing your colour schemes (for my own use only!)

As I seem to be downloading nearly every building you have done so far, including the school. I will probably redo BB myself, albeit with your builds :lol: Maybe some of your creativity will rub off!
  • sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited August 2014
    :shock: I am really loving the house, GC! I really like the layout, it flows very well! Your landscaping is spot on! It really makes the house warm and inviting! I cannot wait to see the foal! :D How EXCITING!
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
    edited August 2014
    rosemow wrote:
    The exterior of the house looks very nice! :) Great layout of the interior . It looks nice how you have placed the yellow dandelions along the narrow pathway beside the house, which reflects real life well. The flowers and harvestable garden looks nice. The sims will enjoy sitting relaxing outdoors on the hanging chair or on the chairs under the shade of the tree, enjoying the views and outdoors air. They are nice pictures that you have posted of the sims sitting there and of Travis enjoying doing some fishing. The colours of the sky in the fishing picture are nice! It is great that Alia is pregnant! Congratulations! I will look forward to seeing a picture of the foal! :)

Thank you, Rose! Your comments always make me smile :) I am excited to see the foal too! I've only done this once before. I'm hoping it will inherit Alia's unicorn powers.

sawdust wrote:
    I think if you want clover in the name and incorporate the Irish background the obvious name has to be "The Cloverleaf" or, playing on that, "Cloverleaf Lodge" or "Cloverleaf Farm". I'll keep thinking of names.

Love what you have done so far. Your builds are always so elegant. :)

Thank you! I love those suggestions :D

gypsy54 wrote:
    Another great build GC. I love the way you incorporate the views into your builds and your interior decorating is always so spot on, I love the colours you use - I have been guilty of stealing your colour schemes (for my own use only!)

As I seem to be downloading nearly every building you have done so far, including the school. I will probably redo BB myself, albeit with your builds :lol: Maybe some of your creativity will rub off!

Thanks so much for your support! I'm glad you like the views :) All the architecture I love in real life is very site-specific, so I try to reflect that in my builds. I like to keep things understated to allow the scenery and world to be a big focus.

I'm flattered you've been inspired by my colour schemes! You mentioned you keep those builds for your own use only, but please don't feel you can't upload them just because you've been influenced by me. I think most builders here get ideas for some of their builds from others here; it's kind of unavoidable when you're part of a creative community. Provided you're not re-uploading or exactly copying someone else's work, no one will mind seeing that they've influenced your creations. They'll probably be happy :)

:shock: I am really loving the house, GC! I really like the layout, it flows very well! Your landscaping is spot on! It really makes the house warm and inviting! I cannot wait to see the foal! :D How EXCITING!

Thank you :mrgreen: Thank you for mentioning the landscaping - it's a big relief! I know I say this with every build but I find landscaping so difficult and I never know if what I've done looks right.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
    edited August 2014
    Having pretty dramatic coughing fits and can't lie down, so instead of sleep here's the living room area I made earlier. I'm probably going to replace those blank photos with some custom art.
    Screenshot-2-30.jpg"width=640"

I also started on the dining area. It's looking a bit naked at the moment because it's not finished, but I wanted to show you the rug and chair patterns and colours. I'm going to get rid of that painting and probably replace it with a big display of Aoife's photographs - or maybe just one big panorama. There will be lace curtains too but I haven't done them yet because getting the lighting right on those things takes ages.
    Screenshot-3-28.jpg"width=640"

The colours were loosely inspired by this picture. Ignore the price tags!
    NM2.png"width=640"
    edited August 2014
    Landscaping is so very hard, especially when you don't want to over or under do it. Sometimes using the same plants over and over gets a little redundant as well. I always find myself wondering if my landscaping is reflecting well and enhancing the build. In real life, I can only grow roses... everything else just dies. (my mom is totally opposite, can grow anything but roses, lol) so, I am going to (eventually with time and money at my disposal) make a wandering rose garden with little places to sit at amongst the roses in my 1/2 acre front yard. Maybe dig a pond and stock it with Koi? lol (that is probably a no-go anyhow as we have water moccasins in my region... yish!) Anyhow, I tend to find that I go way off topic every time I visit one of your threads! LOL! Hugs!
    edited August 2014
    I am sorry to hear about your coughing fits. I hope that it eases for you. It is not nice for you.
    The living room looks very nice! :) Very nice type of and colour of the curtains that you have used. The wall of bookcases looks great. The shell lamp is a nice touch on the side table. The colours of the living room are calming. The floor rug and chair colours and patterns in the dining room look very nice! Nice type of ceiling light that you have used in these rooms.
    edited August 2014
    Landscaping is so very hard, especially when you don't want to over or under do it. Sometimes using the same plants over and over gets a little redundant as well. I always find myself wondering if my landscaping is reflecting well and enhancing the build. In real life, I can only grow roses... everything else just dies. (my mom is totally opposite, can grow anything but roses, lol) so, I am going to (eventually with time and money at my disposal) make a wandering rose garden with little places to sit at amongst the roses in my 1/2 acre front yard. Maybe dig a pond and stock it with Koi? lol (that is probably a no-go anyhow as we have water moccasins in my region... yish!) Anyhow, I tend to find that I go way off topic every time I visit one of your threads! LOL! Hugs!

It's so nice that you grow Roses. I love the sounds of the garden plan! I bet it will look really beautiful :) I am terrible with plants. Even my 'grow your own herbs' kit herbs, where everything was provided, died, although certainly not from neglect. I desperately want a cat once my boyfriend and I have steady jobs but he worries that if we can't even keep a plant alive maybe it's not a good idea :(

Had to google water moccasins! Eek! Are they scary? I think I am okay with snakes, although I've never come across one 'in nature' so I couldn't say. I'm just a huge wimp when it comes to spiders and anything that scuttles :oops:
    edited August 2014
    rosemow wrote:
    I am sorry to hear about your coughing fits. I hope that it eases for you. It is not nice for you.
    The living room looks very nice! :) Very nice type of and colour of the curtains that you have used. The wall of bookcases looks great. The shell lamp is a nice touch on the side table. The colours of the living room are calming. The floor rug and chair colours and patterns in the dining room look very nice! Nice type of ceiling light that you have used in these rooms.

Thank you, Rose :D
    edited August 2014
    Here's the kitchen. Why don't we have AGAs??
    Screenshot-7-16.jpg"width=640"

I started to make a display for Alia's riding trophies. I'm going to replace that picture with a big painting of her jumping. (I'll use S3PE so I can just use a live mode snapshot, otherwise it would be too difficult to capture!)
    Screenshot-8-17.jpg"width=640"

Alia gave birth after just two days. I think it might have been a glitch, because I my dog pregnancies usually last about four days, and also she never looked any more pregnant than this:
    Screenshot-4-29.jpg"width=640"

Anyway, here she is with her new baby :mrgreen:
    Screenshot-5-20.jpg"width=640"

It turns out she can 'bless' her. Cute!
    Screenshot-6-21.jpg"width=640"
    edited August 2014
    The kitchen looks very nice :) It looks very nice how you have done the kitchen windows that the sims will enjoy looking out at the views whilst preparing meals. The texture of the kitchen walls looks great. The display of Alia's riding trophies will look great in the home! Alia's new baby is lovely! Very nice pictures that you have posted of her and her child!The glowing of the blessing in the last photo is special. :)
  • follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited August 2014
    Greencats wonderful new WIP, I love the interiors and the beautiful inspiration pictures. Your Unicorns are so beautifully CASt they look magical in their subtle hues. :D Hugs Folly
    edited August 2014
    @Rose - Thank you! :)

@Folly - So glad you approve of my progress. Thank you! I did not make the unicorns though :oops: Alia's coat was made by LittleV and the rest of her was randomly generated. The father of her baby is another LittleV horse. (She is very kind and gave me permission to include them when I upload the family, provided I give credit :))
    Welcome back, all :)

For those who missed them on my My Page while the forums were down, here are the pictures of Braden and Finola's bedrooms. There will be a playroom in between them, but I haven't done that yet.

Braden
    Screenshot-3-30.jpg
    Screenshot-2-31.jpg
    Screenshot-4-31.jpg

Finola
    Screenshot-5-22.jpg
    Screenshot-6-23.jpg
    Screenshot-7-17.jpg

Sorry, I don't know how to resize them. It's annoying that the old codes don't work - I'll have to go back and edit the index posts in all my threads.
    Absolutely gorgeous GC! I just love the new rooms! I would suggest using imgur, their resizing stuff is automatic and works everytime on the forums. I switched to them because I always hated that my resizing in PB would never show up correct on the forums.
    @lucy - Thanks! It's a really old picture. I'll do a new one when I get a minute. I just chose this one because it was the only one I could find that was the right size :)

The tree thing is from Generations.

@Sherry - Thanks so much :) I really dislike the imgur UI so I think I will stick with photobucket. Also I would really like to know how to resize using code so I can get the index posts on page 1 of this thread back like they were before. I'm worried it's going to a huge job, because the old links don't work any more, so I'm somehow going to have to find all the picture posts in order to get fresh links for them. No idea how I'm going to do that. I wish they'd just pulled out TS4 section and left the old site alone.
  • MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    I am seriously loving your makeover GC, great new updates!
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    Another great build GC! Where do the white curtains come from
    @Meagan - Thanks so much!

@ceejay - Aw, thank you! Which curtains do you mean? :)
  • MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    GreenCats wrote: »
    @Meagan - Thanks so much!

Weird I get a notification that you've answered lol I like that! You are very welcome by the way too bad the page numbers are all messed up and causes some confusion.
    Yeah, that's a nice feature.

Thanks, I know about the page numbers. I'm not looking forward to going through roughly 150 pages spread across my three creative threads to find new links for all my index posts...although it looks like I may be leaving the forums, in which case I won't have to.