March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Normal, Delicate?

On my sims washing machine is says that I can set my wash type, normal or delicate. What are the differences between the two, is one quicker than the other, gives out extra moodlets?

Comments

• 123Sims34life123Sims34life Posts: 591
    edited June 2010
    i have no idea but, i notice that but i was never sure what it was for.
  • OzeneaOzenea Posts: 48 Member
    edited June 2010
    i tried both and delicate takes longer but from what i've observed no extra moodlet
  • sims3freakAdamsims3freakAdam Posts: 393 Member
    edited June 2010
    Ozenea wrote:
    i tried both and delicate takes longer but from what i've observed no extra moodlet

Hmm I wonder why they have put that in then, they should have added an extra moodlet for when your sim puts on a delicate wash like "Soft Clothes" or something.
  • OzeneaOzenea Posts: 48 Member
    edited June 2010
    maybe it is a minor glitch :)
  • RoflfflesRoflffles Posts: 3
    edited February 2011
    I tested it! Instead of Fresh Clothing, my Sims thought it was Very Fresh. +32 mood, which was interesting.
  • tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited February 2011
    Roflffles wrote:
    I tested it! Instead of Fresh Clothing, my Sims thought it was Very Fresh. +32 mood, which was interesting.

Really!? WOW :) Thanks!
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• WyrenthWyrenth Posts: 12 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Very Fresh Clothing moodlet (which was +25 for Normal cycle) is for whenever you upgrade your washing machine (or possibly use more expensive models?).

This moodlet improves to +32 for Delicate cycle and lasts for "2 days" (tested on an upgraded Rahul Josher Washer). This may actually be slightly more than 1 day, given the game's tendency to display times rounded off.

It's interesting to note that the benefit appears immediately after the WASH cycle is complete. You don't even have to put them in the dryer!

Basically, the washers do the usual exchange of "more time spent, better moodlet gained," with this improving through upgrades.

(This thread is a bit old, but it's also the first hit on Google searching for "sims 3 set wash type" so still relevant I guess...)
  • JayJayIsYourBFFJayJayIsYourBFF Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2014
    You want to talk about old thread back in 2012? Its 2014 now! :P
  • TyrianPrinceTyrianPrince Posts: 44 Member
    And 2019, this is still the first hit on google.
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    edited March 2019
    Please don't necropost in old threads. I'm going to go ahead and close off this thread now as it has been inactive since 2014, If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top