Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 Ultimate Collection keeps crashing in CAS :(

tayenriquez20tayenriquez20 Posts: 211 New Member
Each time I click the add new family member in Create a Sim, my game crashes. It says something about Mansion and Garden Stuff and then "The application has crashed. The application will now terminate."

I have Windows 8.1 on a Gateway laptop and I've never had problems playing The Sims 3 or other games on it. I'm not a computer savvy person so there's no way I could figure out how to fix this issue on my own. Any help is much appreciated and I'll try to answer questions for those wanting to help. Thank y'all so much in advance!! I'd really love to play this game because I've only ever played with the Pets and Nightlife expansions.

Comments

• tayenriquez20tayenriquez20 Posts: 211 New Member
    edited July 2014
    bumpity bump bump for a little help
  • SirCumberbatchSirCumberbatch Posts: 377 Member
    edited July 2014
    Lots of the time Sims 2 doesn't work with Windows 8. I'm pretty sure it's not even compatible.
    tumblr_m4xgcv68oS1rogkjio1_500.gif
  • hannahghxxxhannahghxxx Posts: 316 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hey, I have 8.1 and it crashed in CAS also. This is really disheartening as I REALLY want to play this game. :evil:
    Did you try running in compatibility mode? Some players get there game to work by that method. There's this thread full of ideas to get it to work, so maybe one of those might work for you.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-2/The-Sims-2-SIMS-2-compaitability-with-windows-8/td-p/192560
    Sorry I couldn't be more help.
  • tayenriquez20tayenriquez20 Posts: 211 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Lots of the time Sims 2 doesn't work with Windows 8. I'm pretty sure it's not even compatible.

I've noticed a lot of Windows 8 users having the same problem but I have seen some people say it works fine for them... i was hoping to be one of those people :?

Hey, I have 8.1 and it crashed in CAS also. This is really disheartening as I REALLY want to play this game.
    Did you try running in compatibility mode? Some players get there game to work by that method. There's this thread full of ideas to get it to work, so maybe one of those might work for you.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-2/The-Sims-2-SIMS-2-compaitability-with-windows-8/td-p/192560
    Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Thanks for helping, I'll definitely try the link out. Did it work for you?
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited July 2014
    The Sims 2 worked fine on me in Windows 8.1 Pro. Everything except the shadows and my TV/monitor work correctly which I explained in http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/765534.page

I also was in Create a Student and it never crashed.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • kece73kece73 Posts: 217 Member
    edited August 2014
    I am not having really any problems with the game crashing, the only thing is a shadow in CAS when creating a sim. I have windows 8.1 and running it on my laptop no issues. However a friend of mine is having so many problems, I have applied the known fixes to enable game play, but whenever I have logged onto her game, it comes up always when entering CAS with a crash error that many people have been having, is there a fix for this?