Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issues with TS2:UC... Can someone help me, please? :c

HannahJayneBebsHannahJayneBebs Posts: 1,251 Member
I was wondering if anyone could help me. Yesterday I downloaded The Sims 2: Ultimate Collection from origin...

pMy8h.jpg

... But, for some reason, there weren't any neighbourhoods at the load-up screen to select. So, seeing as I've never actually played TS2 before, I thought that perhaps you might have to click 'make a custom neighbourhood' - but, when I clicked that, that didn't work, either. Instead, this more or less blank box (I think it was separated into two sections, though?) appeared, and the only thing I could click was the 'back' button, which sent me back to the load-up page. From there, I even tried going through the tutorials, but it crashed whilst it was loading the lots and houses etc. column. ><

So I closed it, and tried again - this time, however, I took notice of this message that popped up (which, if I'm going to be honest, I'd simply ignored it the first time :XD:):

dHByc.jpg

This sort of confused me, as I was sure that I had enough disk space when I was installing it. :? Anyway, I loaded it up, and, of course, nothing had changed: there were still no neighbourhoods.

I then proceeded to restart my computer. It didn't work after that. I tried to look it up, but I couldn't really find anything online, either, but at that point I went into My Documents>Electronic Arts and I realised that I had no Sims 2 folder in there? And, like, even though (as I mentioned) I haven't played TS2 before, I was pretty sure there was supposed to be one, considering all the threads and stuff I'd skimmed through.

At this point, I figured (though it had almost taken four hours to install the first time) I'd have to reinstall. And I did just that, but to no avail. I then went around asking on my Simblr, and asking one of my friends who has The Sims 2 herself.
My friend said that it might be because I've got a newer version of Windows - but I'm pretty sure it isn't that, because my computer's only a Windows Vista.

On Tumblr, someone then suggested to run it as an administrator. I tried that, and it didn't work. Someone else mentioned that it was because my computer's locale was set wrongly (ahah, sorry for the bad wording there :XD:). Which was true: at first it was set to Japan for some Visual novels, but even when I corrected it back to the UK and restarted my computer, it still didn't work, so I tried to 'repair' it (I'm not used to origin, and I wasn't sure exactly what that meant exactly, but I was pretty desperate at this point) and that didn't work, either.

Then I tried to reinstall it again. At which point, I remembered the warning about the disk space, so I snapped a screenshot:

NGkyN.jpg

(Surely, that should be enough, right? :?)
Anyway, after the third reinstall, it (of course) still didn't work. :oops: I should've known, to be honest.

So seeing as I'm completely stumped right now on what's actually wrong, does anybody have any ideas on how to get it working? I really wanted to play this.
EDIT: Oh, and as someone asked me on tumblr, no: naturally I do not have any TS2 CC, or mods, or any of that.

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hi :(

I've read of others who've had this problem but since I didn't know about it I didn't follow...

I remember someone asking about a program that cleans registry files - cleans it up as it goes?... I'm going to have to go look at some older posts to see what I can find. Maybe a Search Engine can help you faster. :)
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2014
    Have you ever downloaded any games from Origin before? If you haven't the issue may be that you have not given Origin downloads an exception to install things on your pc. I had to make exceptions for Origin also in my anti-virus, firewall, and in Windows some time ago. I run Windows 7. Also if you have Vista do you have all the updates for Vista? If not you need to get the all the sp updates for a lot of games to work properly. Honestly Vista is not really a very good gaming OS and is often moody when it comes to games and exceptions.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• HannahJayneBebsHannahJayneBebs Posts: 1,251 Member
    edited July 2014
    @Rflong7 So there are some people who had this problem, too...? Like I said: when I looked online, I couldn't find much at all. :shock: I probably wasn't looking hard enough. :XD: And, I actually have a program like that, I think? I'm not entirely sure; I'll check it out.

@Writin_Reg No, like I said, I'm not used to Origin (which means I haven't used it at all :')). I'll try out both of your suggestions, seeing as I'd never thought of either of them. Thank you so much. <3:)
  • chococat9chococat9 Posts: 948 Member
    edited July 2014
    Have you tried running the game in compatibility mode? Right-click the app and choose "troubleshoot compatibility".
    fbb466ed-3c80-4341-94a8-f6b7439fcbce_zps74fe4b3c.jpg
    edited July 2014
    I'm so sorry but I can't find them... I hope someone comes along and helps. :(

And did you update through Origins? Right click on the UC icon on your games panel and choose the update (or something close). :)

You're probably not comfortable messing with your registry then...Last reply about the regedit (make a backup)-
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Sims-2-Ultimate-Collection-keeps-crashing/m-p/3191346#M66691

TS2 UC only puts in partial registries so if you have something that automaticly cleans them it will remove many of the expansions/Stuffs which might make it so your neighborhoods aren't there...

• simonevans1963simonevans1963 Posts: 206 Member
    edited July 2014
    I also read somewhere that if you have Sims 2 Store Edition installed and then install UC, it will show your game as having no neighborhoods, but if you have no Sims 2 stuff installed at all, then this won't be possible.

• FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited July 2014
    I just went on Origin about 30 minutes ago and there was an update so I clicked to update it before it brought the box up to sign on. Maybe its an update for Sims2 with so many people having problems. If no update for you, then when in Origin Library, right click on Sims2 and scroll down and see if there is an update, if so, then update it there.

Since you installed and uninstalled three times did you delete all your files so when you reinstalled it made new ones?

I don't really know what to tell you and sorry you cant get it loaded.
    I do hope you figure it out :D
  • HannahJayneBebsHannahJayneBebs Posts: 1,251 Member
    edited July 2014
    It's working, now! @Rflong that 'last reply about the regedit' worked. Thank you so, so much. :D
  • mytoughgirlmytoughgirl Posts: 18
    edited August 2014
    It's working, now! @Rflong that 'last reply about the regedit' worked. Thank you so, so much. :D
    Hi I have the exact same problem like you did, can you tell me what did you do to the "regedit" to solve it? thanksb
  • mytoughgirlmytoughgirl Posts: 18
    edited August 2014
    Rflong7 wrote:

And did you update through Origins? Right click on the UC icon on your games panel and choose the update (or something close). :)

You're probably not comfortable messing with your registry then...Last reply about the regedit (make a backup)-
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Sims-2-Ultimate-Collection-keeps-crashing/m-p/3191346#M66691

TS2 UC only puts in partial registries so if you have something that automaticly cleans them it will remove many of the expansions/Stuffs which might make it so your neighborhoods aren't there...

So I clicked on this link you gave, it says my access is denied!! "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action." what does this mean??? Can i see this link's content in any other way?
    edited August 2014
    Rflong7 wrote:

So I clicked on this link you gave, it says my access is denied!! "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action." what does this mean??? Can i see this link's content in any other way?

Hi :)

I don't know why it changed- It's only removing the TM in the registry...
    Here's another link-
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-2/SOLUTION-No-Neighborhoods-to-pick-from/m-p/3155346