Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vanilla Mafia Town Wins

Comments

• Options
    Ra345Ra345 Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited August 2014
    Idontrcall wrote:
    And just a reminder, let's try to be kind to each other. I know it's a game, but words such as "scum" hit other players hard sometimes.

In honor of Ra's birthday yesterday, let's use "minion" or something less antagonistic. I know Ra never liked the word "scum" either :).

:D

giphy.gif

I like "minion" much better than "scum" :lol: they're cute and misunderstood, it doesn't sound like an insult. You are amazing Lala! I'm enjoying the game so far :)

...*fades back into the shadows to continue to lurk*
  • Options
    MarvelissaMarvelissa Posts: 9,456 Member
    edited August 2014
    Yay!
    Mafia Stats:
    Games Played: 59 | Wins: 31 | Losses: 27 | Draws: 1
    Scum: 14 | Town: 40 | Third: 5
    Scum Wins: 5 | Town Wins: 25 | Third Party Wins: 1
    Alive: 18 | Nightkilled: 16 | Lynched: 18 | Endgamed: 3 | Other: 5
  • Options
    Hello83433Hello83433 Posts: 3,403 Member
    edited August 2014
    Way to go town!
    403046191195314s.jpg
  • Options
    SheldonlySheldonly Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited August 2014
    Goood job town!
    Day starts are like "We live in a happy town, everything is fine but we'd rather lynch someone just in case!"
    - Caro the Magnificent

An Introduction to Mafia

Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 51 ||Games Won: 31
    Mafia: 4 ||Third: 7 ||Town: 39 ||Alien: 1
    NK: 19 ||Lynched: 7 ||Alive: 25

• Options
    ShannenShannen Posts: 2,811 Member
    edited August 2014
    Yay! Go town!

• Options
    edited August 2014
    When is day? :D
    Mafia Stats:
  • Options
    EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I hope its soon because I need to go and make dinner in a minute but I don't want to miss the day start.
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited August 2014
    Soon....very soon.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    While Aitkens was nuzzled up on his couch, too scared to venture outside for fear the mafia would get him, he whispered sweet nothings into his phone. Only one of his whispers reached the wrong ears!!!

DEAD: Aitkens, Vanilla Townie.

It is now day.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Idontrcall wrote:
    While Aitkens was nuzzled up on his couch, too scared to venture outside for fear the mafia would get him, he whispered sweet nothings into his phone. Only one of his whispers reached the wrong ears!!!

DEAD: Aitkens, Vanilla Townie.

It is now day.

Wow, Aitkens death speaks volumes to me.

Btw, Lala, I totally get that death message :lol::lol:

I feel like since I was the only one to vote Aitkens, this was a frame job. I honestly thought either Hello or I would die tonight.

Something about Thethe isn't sitting right with me, these are odd deaths for our regular mafia games. I am more inclined to think one of the newer players are mafia since the deaths aren't really making sense.
    Day starts are like "We live in a happy town, everything is fine but we'd rather lynch someone just in case!"
    - Caro the Magnificent

An Introduction to Mafia

Mafia Stats

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Well.
    That's an interesting choice of kill. He wasn't helping town by being absent; he's the only person in this game who hasn't posted once yet.
    Certainly not what I expected.

Renee, I agree. These are weird kills. Some of the newer players as part of the mafia makes sense to me as well.
    Mafia Stats:
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Here is what I am thinking.
    1. Emily - Sounds normal, though I dunno how she sounds when bad. Have a slightly off gut feeling about her but don't really think she'd kill Joel.
    2. Renee - Seemed suspicious at first. But really sounds genuine and wouldn't kill Joel. Town.
    5. Skelda - First to bring up Loppie, who was maf. She was his main/only suspicion. Would he call out and lead a lynch on a mafia buddy no one else had pointed out as suspicious? Possible, but doesn't seem likely at this point. Strongly leaning town.
    6. Shannen - Seems okay. Sounds like Shannen + newbie-townie.
    7. Lissa - Town.
    8. CM - Can never read her well, have a really off feeling about her this time though. Hard to say.
    9. Hello - Seems townish with her elaborate theories.
    10. Aitkens - Dead.
    11. Mat - Newbie. She should say more.
    12. TehTeh - Newbie. She should say more.

Likely town:
    Skelda
    Renee
    Shannen
    Hello

Nullish/suspicious:
    CM
    Mat
    TehTeh
    Em? (idk)

I am thinking Mat or/and TehTeh is/are mafia. I'm thinking both remaining mafia are in my nullish/suspicious list - to be more specific, I think they are in CM/Mat/TehTeh. And if both are not in there perhaps one is Em or I am wrong about one of my townreads.
    Mafia Stats:
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    It's time for a list:

1. Emilzydiva - I am pretty sure Emsy is town. She is less coherent as mafia.
    2. Sheldonly - Town
    3. SummerFalls - Dead :evil:
    4. Loppie - Mafia - Lynched
    5. Skelda - Town. Mafia Skelda is pretty obvious. This is the town Skelda that I know and love, or he has gotten better at being mafia.
    6. Shannen - I can't tell, I don't know her well. I believe she is likely to be town, but I will watch her.
    7. Marvelissa - I am more inclined to think she is town, but I am not 100% sure.
    8. cmbaker - I am in the same boat with Lissa, I always find CM a bit Sketchy, even when she is town. She is Katie 2.0.
    9. Hello - I am pretty sure she is town. If she were mafia I would have died or have been lynched.
    10. Aitkens - Dead :evil:
    11. MatMoate - Pretty quiet.
    12. TehTeh - This is my most suspect at the moment. After last night and still coming after me for no apparent reason really threw me off. It's so obvious that I am town. Mafia Renée doesn't protest as much, as I hate being mafia and would rather die than lie. BUT TehTeh doesn't know me so it could just be that.

Not sure:
    Shannen
    Lissa
    Mat
    TehTeh
    CM

The rest are town.
    - Caro the Magnificent

An Introduction to Mafia

Mafia Stats

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Marvelissa wrote:
    Here is what I am thinking.
    1. Emily - Sounds normal, though I dunno how she sounds when bad. Have a slightly off gut feeling about her but don't really think she'd kill Joel.
    2. Renee - Seemed suspicious at first. But really sounds genuine and wouldn't kill Joel. Town.
    5. Skelda - First to bring up Loppie, who was maf. She was his main/only suspicion. Would he call out and lead a lynch on a mafia buddy no one else had pointed out as suspicious? Possible, but doesn't seem likely at this point. Strongly leaning town.
    6. Shannen - Seems okay. Sounds like Shannen + newbie-townie.
    7. Lissa - Town.
    8. CM - Can never read her well, have a really off feeling about her this time though. Hard to say.
    9. Hello - Seems townish with her elaborate theories.
    10. Aitkens - Dead.
    11. Mat - Newbie. She should say more.
    12. TehTeh - Newbie. She should say more.

Likely town:
    Skelda
    Renee
    Shannen
    Hello

Nullish/suspicious:
    CM
    Mat
    TehTeh
    Em? (idk)

I am thinking Mat or/and TehTeh is/are mafia. I'm thinking both remaining mafia are in my nullish/suspicious list - to be more specific, I think they are in CM/Mat/TehTeh. And if both are not in there perhaps one is Em or I am wrong about one of my townreads.

I'm also leaning towards Mat/CM/TehTeh. I would be okay with a lynch on any of them.
    - Caro the Magnificent

An Introduction to Mafia

Mafia Stats

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, I am almost sure the remaining mafia are two of those three. And I'd be okay with a lynch on any of them, as well. If the one we lynch is town, whoops, but then we've probably found our two mafia.
    Mafia Stats:
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Marvelissa wrote:
    Yeah, I am almost sure the remaining mafia are two of those three. And I'd be okay with a lynch on any of them, as well. If the one we lynch is town, whoops, but then we've probably found our two mafia.

Well, we haven't ML yet so if we ML we are not in a horrible position, but we need to give people a time to claim.

Vote: TehTeh
    - Caro the Magnificent

An Introduction to Mafia

Mafia Stats

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, I agree about giving people time to claim.
    I just meant that if we do end up MLing, we'll probably still be in a decent position. But not MLing would be even better.

Vote: TehTeh
    Mafia Stats:
  • Options
    EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    edited August 2014
    Geeeeeeeezzzz It took a while to get finally logged in.

Right, well, down to business.

I agree, the kills are slightly weird. Joel not so much as it's a night one, nobody has posted yet for game chat and it's basically pure randomness. I mean, it surely wasn't anyone who knew Joel hosted last game and wanted to play because that would be mean to know he was looking forward to playing and not give him a chance to play and we aren't mean in that way are we? I would hope not. So that narrowed down suspects.

Although aitkens, he's not posted once. Wouldn't mafia want to keep him around for this reason? If i was mafia i would have kept him around as long as possible because if he continued to be quiet on the thread he would be an easy lynch later on to get me one step closer to winning. So this makes me think it's someone new too, or two newer players who aren't experienced with mafia games.

So with that being said i'm knocking Hello and Lissa off my suspect list and moving Shannen, Teh and Mat there.

Most likely good:
    Renee

Maybe good:
    Cm – Assuming her claim is true... Just to get somewhere.
    Lissa

No idea:
    Skelda
    Hello

Unsure about:
    Shannon
    Teh
    Mat

Maybe bad:

Most likely bad:

Dead:
    Joel: Vanilla Townie – Night Killed N1
    Loppie: Mafia – Lynched D1
    Aitkens: Vanilla Townie – Night Killed N2

I've not got them as "maybe bad/most likely bad" because i rarely ever have anyone there ever.

If i'm honest i got to say my thoughts have changed on Hello and Lissa, i don't know why but i was reading back and i think they are town. I would think they would put more thought into the kill and kill someone else, not aitkens. Aitkens aint helping town so he can help mafia. So it certainly narrows down :)

If not, then we are completely wrong on our thoughts.

I would vote for Teh and bandwagon but i'll wait around and see what he has to say. If he is a he and not a she :lol:
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Lala's Votes

Sheldonly votes TehTeh
    Lissa votes TehTeh

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch

TehTeh leads with 2 votes
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    emilzydiva wrote:
    I agree, the kills are slightly weird. Joel not so much as it's a night one, nobody has posted yet for game chat and it's basically pure randomness. I mean, it surely wasn't anyone who knew Joel hosted last game and wanted to play because that would be mean to know he was looking forward to playing and not give him a chance to play and we aren't mean in that way are we? I would hope not. So that narrowed down suspects.

Although aitkens, he's not posted once. Wouldn't mafia want to keep him around for this reason? If i was mafia i would have kept him around as long as possible because if he continued to be quiet on the thread he would be an easy lynch later on to get me one step closer to winning. So this makes me think it's someone new too, or two newer players who aren't experienced with mafia games.
    That's pretty much what I was thinking about Joel's N1 death. Saying it was probably newbies was partly hope because I really hoped someone who knew how much he was looking forward to playing wouldn't do that; as you said and I've said that'd be mean.

And Aitkens, yeah I thought that was strategically a really odd kill. He'd be such an easy lynch, and he's hardly around to help town in the meantime; he's no threat to the mafia. And newbies wouldn't know that.

And I've been assuming she for TehTeh based on her avatar.
    TehTeh, tell us if we're wrong, sorry XD
    Mafia Stats:
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    edited August 2014
    see...seee...see! even when I say I'm good ya'll still think I'm bad :lol:

Aitkens is an odd kill...so I agree that there's at least 2 newbies with the mafia or perhaps all the newbs are a mafia team cause I don't think an experienced player would kill off aitkens as alot of you have said he would have been helpful to mafia if he stuck around.

since Loppie was lynched my guess is that the last 2 remaining mafia are newbs, so Shannen, mat or Tehteh, 2 of the three might be mafia.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    cmbaker16 wrote:
    see...seee...see! even when I say I'm good ya'll still think I'm bad :lol:

Aitkens is an odd kill...so I agree that there's at least 2 newbies with the mafia or perhaps all the newbs are a mafia team cause I don't think an experienced player would kill off aitkens as alot of you have said he would have been helpful to mafia if he stuck around.

since Loppie was lynched my guess is that the last 2 remaining mafia are newbs, so Shannen, mat or Tehteh, 2 of the three might be mafia.
    Well, just saying you're good doesn't always mean you're good. Everyone is going to say they're good whether they are or not. :lol:

I am not really suspicious of Shannen at the moment. But if we don't find all the mafia in you/TehTeh/Mat, it seems like she'd be a good choice to look at.
    Mafia Stats:
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Ok, lets try and think logically. What do mafia have to achieve by killing an inactive?

Part of me feels like its a newbie move but then again, could it be possible that the newbies are easy targets? Lets be honest, nobody trusts the newbies because they don't know the way they act in the game and the advance players are going to be more trusting to those they feel they can read like a book.

I'm not sure if lists are required but I feel like, it will help with my mind.

cm- I am really unsure about you. I was certain that you was mafia but I honestly don't know how to read you in this game because you are always the same in every game, I've lurked in.
    Emily- I feel is town. From what I've seen in the past, you are giving me a different vibe.
    Renee - I feel is town - At first I wondered but something doesn't fit right with you being Mafia.
    Hello- I really did have strong vibes that you was mafia, although Skelda kinda squashed that. I kinda still think you are mafia though.
    Skelda- Your jumping to one person to the next had me worried and you did try to rally up people to votes and I've only seen actual mafia members try and pull a stunt like that. However what makes me now believe you are town..is that your chosen vote helped get rid of a mafia member.
    Lissa- You are leaning more town.
    Teh- Newbie - Need to say more
    Mat- Newbie - Need to say more

As to who to vote for..I have no idea at the moment.

<Sorry for any typo's, I'm sick at the moment. >

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Shannen, a fair part of the reason I'm looking at the newbies is because I have town reads on most of the regulars, partly for other reasons. The odd kills just add to it. Sure, they could be attempts to frame the newbies, but the evidence I see points to no.
    Though you could be right about the newbies being easy targets.
    Really, it's not just that I'm suspicious of the newbies but also partly that I'm not suspicious of the others. To some extent it's process of elimination. And right now I guess I'm more suspicious of those I can't read well - which is Mat, TehTeh and CM.
    If the two mafia aren't among them, one is probably you or Em.
    I'm not really suspicious of you. But I know I'm town, and I strongly believe Skelda, Renee and Hello are town. So if one of them is maf, I'm screwed, and nicely done to them :lol:

And lists are not required, but usually quite useful both for their maker and others.

And as for you being sick, I hope you feel better! :(
    Mafia Stats: