Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tyntesfield WIP Project - Completed! DL link on page 1

Comments

• MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    edited July 2014
    OMGoodness how on Earth did you do that ceiling?! I have needed this in so many builds but have no clue how. It's beautiful. :mrgreen:
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    edited July 2014
    The library looks so very nice! :) The ceiling looks so very great! It looks very nice how you have done the windows! The walls of bookcases look great how you have placed them. Very nice colour and pattern of the floor rug. Your reflection of the real life library looks so well done! You have reflected it so well! It looks great how you have the blue vase s on the fireplace ledge just like the real life library! Nice chess playing window alcove. Sims will have fun playing chess there with the sunlight coming in through the windows.
    The library looks very great! :)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited July 2014
    It is incredible! I love that ceiling and the room! Looks just the same as your inspiration pic. :D
  • FischioFischio Posts: 319 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thanks ladies :mrgreen:
    MeaganJo wrote:
    OMGoodness how on Earth did you do that ceiling?! I have needed this in so many builds but have no clue how. It's beautiful. :mrgreen:

All I did is create a slanted floor tile roof, but pitched on either side to mimic a gabled roof. To get the beams in place simply moo them on top of the floor tile roof. I have a tutorial on page 1 of this thread that you can follow to get the pitched cfe roof.
    edited August 2014
    I fixed the library ceiling so the beams now look like they are holding up the ceiling instead of dangling out in the middle of nowhere.

Screenshot-407.jpg

I also did some work on the drawing room with the vaulted cfe ceiling I showed a while back. Half the ceiling had nicely decided to move itself outside the room so it was a total redo :roll:

Here's the real one:

352119.jpg

Screenshot-420.jpg

The dining room is mostly complete as well though I can't seem to decide on the color for the upholstery for the chairs. It won't be 2 colors in the end :oops:

Screenshot-422.jpg
    Post edited by Fischio on
  • CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited July 2014
    Great fix on the roof in the library! It already looked great before, but now it moved on to spectacular! 8) Just LOVE what you're doing in this build with CFE and the roofs! :thumbup: Another great example in the drawing room, wowzers, that's yet another stunner! Also LOVE the interior of that too, it not only looks fantastic, it also manages to get as close as possible to the original, really impressive work! I really like the dining room as well. Think the yellowish upholstery fits in a bit better with the rest of the room than the white one, but that's just me of course. Fantastic WIP pictures Fischio, can't wait to see more!!!
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited July 2014
    Absolutely stunning!! The way you're using those gable trims is really revolutionary :)

Re: the chairs - personally, I prefer the yellow.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • AnchesAnches Posts: 177 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hi Fischio,

This sound so great that it runs so far much better than Waddesdon. My Sims love the Waddeson! :lol:

WOW! your new pictures are stunning, love the colors and pattern very much in the bathrooms. And the chapel is gorgeous, I am speechless :shock: :D OMG the roof construction! I have to study your tutorial.

As for the butler`s room, both looks really wonderful, bright colors and atmosphere. The butler will relax there :lol:

Amazing library and dining room and love the drawing room. It´s really like the original just as the gorgeous chapel and all the other rooms.

By the way, I like Star Trek Into Darkness very much too, especially the Khan actor and his voice! More than the original Khan. I hope the next movie comes soon.

x6kikn.jpg
  • sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited July 2014
    WOW! Fantástico! Brillante! It is absolutely gorgeous! I have to agree with GC, yellow chairs! :D
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
    edited July 2014
    :shock: :shock: Truly magnificent! Words fail me! WOW! Kudos for your creativity! :thumbup:
    edited July 2014
    The drawing room looks so very nice! :) It reflects the real life room so very well! Very nice patterning of the walls! Great window sitting area! Sims will also enjoy sitting on the comfortable chairs in front of the fireplace. Vey nice colours and patterns that you have used for the seating. The ceiling looks very nice! The dining room looks very nice! It looks great how you have a long dining table there with many seats either side so many sims can enjoy eating their meals together. Nice type of dining seats that you have used. It looks great how you have done the fireplace area! Nice pattern of the floor rug. The flowers on the dining table with the accompanying candles either side provide a very nice sight for sims to enjoy seeing whilst dining there. I like the yellow chairs too, but they would either look nice!
    It looks very nice! :)
  • TRajahTRajah Posts: 2,403 Member
    edited July 2014
    Wowwowwowwowwowwow
  • petalbotpetalbot Posts: 1,423 Member
    edited July 2014
    I've been silently watching. Just popped into say that the rooms on this page are absolutely stunning! :shock: I think I would go with the gold for the seat covers in the dining room. It pops more for me, but either way the dining room is fantabulous.
    sigg.gif

edited August 2014
    Thanks so much guys :mrgreen:

I went with the yellow for the dining room chairs. Thanks for the help on deciding :D

Ok I have a very strange room to share. With this build I wanted to include all the science skill stuff into something like a laboratory and I was thinking of making something steampunk + gothic. Here's what I came up with:

Screenshot-442.jpg

I always thought that one spiky beam looked dangerous, but now it def looks that way :mrgreen:

Screenshot-443.jpg

It also gave an excuse to include a "pool". The lab still needs a bit of work but the basic design is done.
    edited July 2014
    The laboratory looks very great! :) The roofing structure looks great! It looks great how you have used the roof decorl Great lightning effects using the fog emitter! The type of and placement of the fencing looks great!
    It is a great room! Great designing of it! :)
  • LaurenciusLaurencius Posts: 63 Member
    edited July 2014
    Fischio wrote:
    Thanks so much guys :mrgreen:

I went with the yellow for the dining room chairs. Thanks for the help on deciding :D

Ok I have a very strange room to share. With this build I wanted to include all the science skill stuff into something like a laboratory and I was thinking of making something steampunk + gothic. Here's what I came up with:

[IMG]http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu51/killingyougy2/Tyntesfield/Screenshot-442.jpg "width=640"[/IMG]

I always thought that one spiky beam looked dangerous, but now it def looks that way :mrgreen:

Screenshot-443.jpg"width=640"

It also gave an excuse to include a "pool". The lab still needs a bit of work but the basic design is done.

Calling Dr. Frankenstein, calling Dr. Frankenstein! Love this Mad scientist room! Can you place a robot fish in the pool?
  • TRajahTRajah Posts: 2,403 Member
    edited July 2014
    Haha! Yes, I thought Dr Frankenstein, too.

*Fishing* in the pool isn't possible....but using a fog emitter effect, a robot fish could be *visually* added to the pool...
    edited July 2014
    :shock: Holy WOW! That is some room! I love how sci-fi it looks! So unexpected in this house... but it adds such a great evil feel to it! :D

edited July 2014
    Olala! :D That is definitely interesting! Very Sci-fi!!! Adding the pool is a great idea too!
    edited August 2014
    TY everybody :mrgreen: And great idea Laurencius :thumbup: The pool is now fully stocked with robo fish.

I have an updated version of the laboratory. I just got UL and found the amazing group science project object, which fit perfectly into the room:

Screenshot-446.jpg

There are a couple of workstation alcoves for the different skills on the perimeter of the room. Here's the invention one:

Screenshot-447.jpg

The bottom level has the pool and an office/research area:

Screenshot-449.jpg

Back on the ground floor I made a theater style music room that has a themed dressing room/bathroom as well.

Screenshot-452.jpg

Screenshot-454.jpg

I also finished the billiard room complete with tiger skin rugs like the rl version:

351365.jpg

Screenshot-450.jpg

The rl version also has this amazing iron chandelier that I tried to replicate.

tyntesfield77-small.jpg

Screenshot-451.jpg
    edited July 2014
    Wowza! You have some really awesome and creative ideas with this place! I just love your hanging light you fashioned out of the trilight, flower fence and the torch! It is amazing!

I also love the rugs in the performance hall, they are so elegant!

I actually love it all, every bit of it is intriguing and making me fall in love more and more with each update! :D
    edited July 2014
    The laboratory looks great! :) The group science project item looks great there! The invention alcove looks great! Sims will enjoy doing inventing there. It looks great how you have placed the gadgets that have been made on the upper shelves there. Great furnishing of the office /research area! The flooring pattern looks great, and it looks great how you have placed the books at the base of the column. Great desk area, and the wall poster there looks great. The music concert room looks very nice! It looks very nice how you have done the platformed stage area! The way you have used the columns and done the curtains there looks very nice! Sims will enjoy either playing the musical instruments there, or enjoy sitting on the seats watching the performances. Nice type of and placement of the seats there. Very nice pattern that you have used for the flooring! The castle patterned wall backdrop looks very nice! The wall pattern looks very nice . Great dressing room! The type of mirrors and seats that you have used there suit the type of room well! The billiard room looks great! It is great that you have been able to use floor rugs and the deer head that reflect well the real life room! Sims will have fun playing billiards, darts and the arcade game machines there. It looks great how you have done the ornate chandelier!
    It is looking very great! :)
  • socalkdlsocalkdl Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited July 2014
    Fischio, just spent an hour going through this thread staring at the pics with mouth agape. Always been a fan of your work, bookmarked your blog on my previous PC (Why Plumbobs are Green). This is your best work yet. Everything ties together so nicely and is so regally scrumptious! Your roof work is amazing. Your sense of scale and proportion is spot-on. Really impressive work. Will be checking back. Are you going to be starting another blog, BTW?
    Kirk
    edited August 2014
    Thanks for the comments Sherry, rosemow, and socalkdl :mrgreen: To answer your question Kirk, I haven't really thought about doing a blog again, but it's always a possibility :wink:

I have the last of the major rooms to share namely the kitchen. Below is a picture of a small part of the kitchen, which I based my version on.

6022812960_1171773d4d_m.jpg

Screenshot-456.jpg

Screenshot-455.jpg

Screenshot-457.jpg

I'm not sure I'm set on the flooring yet. The tiles seem a bit too big :roll:
    edited August 2014
    The kitchen is very nice ! :) Very nice shade of green that you have used which reflects the real life kitchen well! It looks very nice how you have placed the windows either side of the fridge and have placed the hanging mugs shelves over the top of the windows. The type of curtains that you have used look nice and suit the room. The table looks nice placed in the middle of the room, and it looks nice that you have placed the knife block and fruit bowl on it. They are great kitchen touches. Very nice eat in breakfast nook area. Nice type of dining seats that you have used there, and the floor rug underneath looks nice . The green pot plants on the shelf are nice for sims to see when they come to use the sink. The clock and hanging basket on the wall add to the great kitchen look and feel. The type of ceiling lights that you have placed over the middle table looks great.
    It is a very nice room! :)