Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Socalkdl Creations: Yellow 2nd Empire p. 8.

1235...Next

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    edited April 2014
    Carpenter Gothic is very nice! :) Very nice exterior of it ! The roofing looks great! Nice shade of colour that you have used for the exterior. It looks nice how you have placed the greenery and flowers over the light on the porch and placed the plant on the ground. They are nice for sims to see when they come to enter the home. Sims will enjoy resting on the front porch seat that you have placed there, enjoying the outdoors air.It looks great the type of and how you have placed the windows. The garage looks great. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home. The floral pattern and colour shade that you have used for the living room walls looks nice. Nice comfortable seating that you have placed there for sims to sit and relax in. Nice sitting nook corner that you have created. The table looks great placed between the chairs and having a light there for reading at night time. The pictures on the walls create a nice look to the room. The floor texture you have used through the home looks great. The framed portrait pictures on the wall of the master bedroom is a nice family touch. Nice pattern that you have used for the bed. Great window sitting area for sims to relax on. Sims will like having the full length mirror to check their appearance in. Nice dining room area. The flowers on the table top look nice and sims will enjoy seeing them whilst eating their meal. Nice wall tiling and floor pattern in the kitchen.
    It is a very nice home :)
  • TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited April 2014
    So cute! I love the carriage style garage! Rec'd!
  • socalkdlsocalkdl Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited April 2014
    Thank you very much Rose and Taryn. Glad you both liked it. It was a fun build for me. Now to get going on my other Gothic Victorian!
    Take care,
    Kirk
    CarpenterGothicSiggie.jpg
  • follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited April 2014
    Wonderful Victorian Socakldl, so much authentic detail even the chimney. Rec'd and favoured. :D Folly
    edited April 2014
    follyfoot wrote:
    Wonderful Victorian Socakldl, so much authentic detail even the chimney. Rec'd and favoured. :D Folly

Thanks Folly :)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited April 2014
    Carpenter gothic looks stunning! I just love the architecture! Recommended and added to my favourites. :thumbup: :thumbup: Your WIP looks promising too. Can't wait to see more pics. :D
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited April 2014
    Carpenter Gothic Victorian is perfect! Love the different sidings you used to add to the detail of the Era! What a great idea for the chimney too! Left ya a rec for sure! :D
    edited April 2014
    Thanks Yanti and Romagi. My Faded Glory Victorian should be next one I finish.
    Kirk
    edited July 2014
    Just bought the 2nd Empire set from the Store, so had to start something using the new Mansard roof! Here's some WIP shots:
    Yellow2ndEmpireWIP01.jpg
    Yellow2ndEmpireWIP02.jpg

Yellow2ndEmpireWIP03.jpg

Has attic and windowed basement. :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    edited July 2014
    Your WIP is looking very nice! :) The roofing looks great! Nice shade of yellow colour that you have used for the exterior. The design of the exterior looks great! Nice porch areas. It looks very nice how you have placed the flowers along the edges of the building. The garage looks great!
    It is looking great! :)
  • CalisaneCalisane Posts: 61 Member
    edited July 2014
    Your WIP looks beautiful. I love the colour you have used on the exterior
    Origin ID Calisane
    edited July 2014
    Thanks ladies, much appreciated. The color is fairly bright, reminding me of Mainstreet, Disneyland.
    edited August 2014
    Exterior is completed and I've finished furnishing the basement (bedroom, bath and laundry in there), as well as the kitchen/dinning room.

Yellow2ndEmpireWIP04.jpg

More rooms to complete tomorrow.
    :)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited August 2014
    Stunning WIP Kirk! Love the architecture and the roof! :thumbup:
  • stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited August 2014
    socalkdl wrote:
    Just bought the 2nd Empire set from the Store, so had to start something using the new Mansard roof! Here's some WIP shots:

Yellow2ndEmpireWIP01.jpg

oooh very very pretty! :D
    edited August 2014
    Thanks Yanti and Stickie. Almost done...two bedrooms and a bath on second floor left to do. Made some adjustments to exterior outline to make it less boxy and create a more interesting roof line as well.
    Take care,
    Kirk
  • stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited August 2014
    Actually, it's seriously charming, not just "very very" pretty! :lol: :P The yellow is unexpected with that set because I always think of that roof style as kind of gloomy, but the yellow... utterly charming. :D
  • imogerimoger Posts: 5,790 Member
    edited August 2014
    Hi, Kirk! :)
    I missed your beautiful builds, it's nice to see you back - and your Yellow 2nd Empire build looks wonderful! :) Waiting for the interior-pictures.
    Have a nice day!
    - Ildi
  • kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    Hi Kirk,

You have to be thrilled with those roofing pieces :)

How have you been? Havent been around in a while. Been playing around with Caw. So tell me, are you looking forward to ts4?

kim :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln