The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where do you put mods for Sims 2 at?

Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,901 Member
I just got the Sims Blender mod and I have no idea where to put it. :(

Comments

• MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited July 2014
    I just got the Sims Blender mod and I have no idea where to put it. :(

(My)Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate/Downloads

• Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,901 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thank you. :D
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited July 2014
    Can you tell me where to find the mods ? :)
    edited July 2014
    I just searched Sims Blender for Sims 2 and clicked the first link. I might go to modthesims though and get the mods from there as I trust that web site.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    edited July 2014
    MTS, Simbology, MATY, just to name a few.

I suggest masking a folder inside of Downloads to put your mods.

Just in case you end up with two conflicting mods, it will be easier to find them (and troubleshoot them), if they are already segregated and not mixed into the tons of hairs and clothes and objects and whatever else you have.
    edited July 2014
    Seera1024 wrote:
    MTS, Simbology, MATY, just to name a few.

I suggest masking a folder inside of Downloads to put your mods.

Just in case you end up with two conflicting mods, it will be easier to find them (and troubleshoot them), if they are already segregated and not mixed into the tons of hairs and clothes and objects and whatever else you have.

At some point in the past, TS2 could not read subfolders within the Downloads folder. Did that change and I missed it?
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yep. Or I would not have as much CC working as I do. As all of my CC is in folders now.
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, I got the mod from Simbology. And I figured I had to make a Downloads folder since I didn't see one in my Sims 2 UC folder.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited July 2014
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited July 2014
    MsPhy wrote:

At some point in the past, TS2 could not read subfolders within the Downloads folder. Did that change and I missed it?

At some point you could place some CC folders outside the Downloads folder. In my old TS2 folder I have, in addition to the Downloads folder (not inside), the following: Walls and Floors, Objects and Recolors, Hacks and Mods, and 4 other folders with my own walls and floors, painting replacements, skin defaults, and face template replacements.

I still have some 2000 files in the TS2 Downloads folder, but it's been so long since I've played I don't remember what all is in there (probably hair and clothing mostly).
    edited July 2014
    TreyNutz wrote:
    MsPhy wrote:

At some point you could place some CC folders outside the Downloads folder. In my old TS2 folder I have, in addition to the Downloads folder (not inside), the following: Walls and Floors, Objects and Recolors, Hacks and Mods, and 4 other folders with my own walls and floors, painting replacements, skin defaults, and face template replacements.

I still have some 2000 files in the TS2 Downloads folder, but it's been so long since I've played I don't remember what all is in there (probably hair and clothing mostly).

I might be thinking of TS1, heh. Things start to mix together in my head. I've never been huge on custom content, so it wasn't an important factoid for me, but I remember answering the question over and over in one of the forums.