Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We will always have Amore *Updated Wed August 6th!*

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited July 2014
    Karritz wrote:
    I'm so bummed and sad...

As of last night, my brother was able to fix my computer, but knowing this is the last set/venue of the Store... I don't know what to post... I just can't get excited over it, even though the pics look so lovely...

Where is everyone migrating to??? Twitter?? Facebook?? A different fan website??

Soo sad... :(

I'm staying here plus Facebook.

A few of us have joined the group TinyDancer set up.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/320785188086835/
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited July 2014
    Eagerly awaiting the next hint. I hope we get something today.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited July 2014
    Me, too!
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    Me, too!

It was about 8pm yesterday on the east coast when we got one. It's 7:32 pm now.
  • Options
    darkwidow11darkwidow11 Posts: 601 Member
    edited July 2014
    I wanna join! :oops:
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    It's 8:18pm on the East Coast and nothing yet. I'm getting worried. If there is nothing by 9 we'll probebly not get a hint today.
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited July 2014
    6:01 pm here in California .... I guess no pic today, maybe tomorrow ....
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited July 2014

Join what darkwidow? If you are referring to the Facebook group tinydancer opened up everybody here is welcome. I have also found a few other groups for simmers as well.... kinda wish I had done this earlier! :lol:
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    You know there is a song called That's Amore by Roger Williams.

Roger Williams is a beautiful music/easy listening artist that plays grand piano and is often backed by strings.

Roger Williams is one of my favorite artist. At anyrate now that this set is coming out I can get that tune out of my head.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    Will other boats be able to travel down the canals?

Hey, jcp, I never thought about that!!

It would be neat if the canals were compatible with the row boats at least, as everyone needs a swan in their canal... *winks*

However, based on what someone else surmised earlier, I think the canals might work like the grandpa's grove tractor. So, it may only work with the gondolas, which is OK by me.

I do wonder if the gondolier comes with the gondola? Wouldn't it be neat if the gondolier also sings? Like a romantic song or two? :mrgreen:

Hmmm... :)

I don't know how they will pull that off. The painting showed a gondolier so I hope there is one in the set. If sims have to paddle they can't get very romantic unless their able to stop the gondela. I'd rather them be able to get romantic when the boat is going but I'd also like the option to stop the boat were it is and them get romantic.

I too hope the swan boats can be used with the new venue.

I was thinking that music might be coming from the buildings themselves but it would be better if it came with the gondelas incase we can use them in other bodies of water not attached to the venue.

If there is music I hope they use the French music from WA. They used the Carnival Music from Showtime for the carousel so people without showtime don't need that ep for the music to play on their carousels and people wouldn't need the WA ep for the french instrumental music as long as they were using the venue or gondelas.
  • Options
    Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited July 2014
    OK, I joined the Facebook group that tinydancer started: https://www.facebook.com/groups/320785188086835/

I hope everyone joins. I want to stay in touch with all my simming friends!!

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::lol::lol::lol: 8) 8) 8)
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited July 2014
    OK, I joined the Facebook group that tinydancer started: https://www.facebook.com/groups/320785188086835/

I hope everyone joins. I want to stay in touch with all my simming friends!!

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::lol::lol::lol: 8) 8) 8)

I feel the same, I don't want to lose touch with anyone! :cry: I know I am not extremely active, as my computer time is limited with my 3 year old, but I still love to chat when I can!!
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    PutowtinPutowtin Posts: 559 Member
    edited July 2014
    You know there is a song called That's Amore by Roger Williams.

Roger Williams is a beautiful music/easy listening artist that plays grand piano and is often backed by strings.

Roger Williams is one of my favorite artist. At anyrate now that this set is coming out I can get that tune out of my head.

That's Amore was written by Harry Warren and Jack Brooks in 1952, it has been covered by a great may artists over the years yet it is Dean Martin who first recorded the song for the movie soundtrack "The Caddy" :shock:

I know too much about swingtime/big band music! 8)
  • Options
    stamperJanestamperJane Posts: 37 Member
    edited July 2014
    Did I miss something? From what I read in the news post about the last store set, it said that the store was staying open. Wouldn't that also mean this site (including the forums) would stay up as well?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Please show the gondelas and canals today.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited July 2014
    No pic yesterday???

Sigh.

Heads out for more coffee, waves bye.
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited July 2014
    Did I miss something? From what I read in the news post about the last store set, it said that the store was staying open. Wouldn't that also mean this site (including the forums) would stay up as well?

Yes, this site itself will be around but we don't know for how long. Most of us were pretty shocked to find out they were already going to stop making new content as we had guessed that they'd keep it up through the holidays but...nope. :cry: So there's no way to know for sure when they plan to do away with this site either. Probably the second they feel it's costing them more to maintain it than it is pulling in selling all the "old" stuff. Since we don't have a way to be sure when that will be, it's best to prepare now. So please join us at tinydancer's FB page!

Also, if you're interested in chatting about what you like to see in the next gen of life simulator games, feel free to join us here too:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/lifesimideas/
  • Options
    VoltronVoltron Posts: 290 Member
    edited July 2014
    Need more screenies!!! *SCREAMS*
    TBImXnt.gif
  • Options
    tinydancer80tinydancer80 Posts: 282 Member
    edited July 2014
    I want to thank all who have joined my FB group :) I never even expected this many people to join this early on, but I'm very grateful to those of you who have joined! It'll be fun!

I ask that we all respect each other's opinions, even though they may be different. Feel free to say whether you like or don't like this or that about TS3 or TS4. Bullying for each other's opinions (or ANY reason) is UNACCEPTABLE and will NOT be tolerated :!:

Other than that, have fun... feel free to talk about whatever :) It's mainly a Sims FB page, but NOT STRICTLY, as this page was made with the purpose of Simmers from THIS site keeping in touch :mrgreen:
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited July 2014
    :? Would really like a picture today!
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited July 2014
    :roll: Not feeling the Amore after yesterday's pic was a no show.

Come on gurus, for ole times sake, show some Amore. :wink:

• Options
    Puzman4Puzman4 Posts: 246 Member
    edited July 2014
    the two pictures we had so far make me soooooo hungry for more!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    darkwidow11darkwidow11 Posts: 601 Member
    edited July 2014
    Tiki5872 wrote:

Join what darkwidow? If you are referring to the Facebook group tinydancer opened up everybody here is welcome. I have also found a few other groups for simmers as well.... kinda wish I had done this earlier! :lol:

I did join, thank you! I'm glad that I'm still able to keep in touch with everyone. So many amazing simmers in this forum touched my heart. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Can we please have a hint?
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited July 2014
    Looks like the hint would have to come up pretty soon or we're not getting anything today. :(