Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 2 Ultimate Edition, Cannot install custom content

GadgetSunGadgetSun Posts: 3 New Member
I have the sims 2 ultimate edition, so naturally it is the COMPLETE edition, with all expansions and stuff packs.

So why is is that when I install some certain lots from mod the sims, that it gives me the "Cannot install this because The expansion pack for this is not installed" thing?

there's 2 houses I really, really, want. but these error is blocking me, and yes, I looked at the list from mod the sims in which to install, I've installed it ALL. yet still gives me THAT.

Comments

• GadgetSunGadgetSun Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Heh nevermind, for those that are like me for .. future use.. heaven help me if google picks up this post.
    but use clean installer from modthesims.info
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=409950

and from the instructions from http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Ultimate_Collection_FAQs#Question:_Is_this_hack_compatible_with_UC.3F

"Question: Why aren't my custom sims and lots showing up?
    Answer: Clean Installer is putting them in the wrong place.
    Clean Installer doesn't know about UC, so you have to tell it to install sims and lots in the Ultimate Collection folder.

You can do that for one file by:
    Unticking "Default installation"
    Opening the dropdown where it says Teleport or SavedSims
    Clicking Browse
    Selecting the Teleport or SavedSims folder in your Ultimate Collection folder

If you want Clean Installer to do this automatically every time:
    Open the folder where you installed Clean Installer (usually, C:/Program Files (x86)/Sims2Pack Clean Installer)
    Copy the file S2PCI.ini to your Desktop
    Open it with Notepad
    Change the line
    SaveGamePath=""
    to say
    SaveGamePath="C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2™ Ultimate Collection"*
    Save and close Notepad
    Copy the file back into your Clean Installer folder, say yes you want to replace.
    *This assumes that you are using Windows 7 or 8. If you are using XP or older, you probably know what filepath you need to use."

thats how you "override" it of sorts.
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited July 2014
    Interesting.

I had all , well most , sims 2 installed from disc on my pc.

But I uninstalled it and installed the Ultimate.

AND I just noticed some differences in the Downloads /and teleport folders. But it IS in "Documents".

I have not tried installing my cc yet. I have a lot of cc.

Here's what it currently shows in my Documents folder:

Libraries / Documents / EAGames /

under that it has 3 folders :

Downloads
    Teleport
    The sims 2 Ultimate Collection

In Downloads and teleport there is nothing (I haven't even put any cc in yet

BUT under Ultimate collection folder there is ALSO a Downloads and a Teleport folder.

What's with the duplicates?

I have clean installer but haven't used yet for Ultimate collection.

Guess I'll have to mess with it and test it when I get the chance.

K - I just went and looked at a test lot to install. I GET it!!!

Thank you for this info!

I'm still wondering what's with the "extra" Downloads and teleport folder alongside of sims 2 ultimate , does anyone else have that?

Edit: Here comes the test -

Edit: It won't let me copy it back it says "Access denied" and doesn't give an option to override. I'm going to do some testing anyhow.

I'm guessing w the extra teleport folder I may not need to overide it, guess I'll find out.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited July 2014
    The verdict:

My lot and cc for it is installed yeah! It shows up in the lots bin in game.

How though is totally different than explained above.

As I said sims2pack clean installer denied me access to change the ini file . I'm sure it's some default protection so I don't blow up my computer so for now I'll accept that. And when I install new sims 2 pack files I'll just have to correct each path manually . I am thankful you brought this to my attention OP. Thanks!!

SO I just installed the test lot with the regular default setting of clean installer.

It ended up in the 2 new OUTSIDE Downloads and Teleport folders. That is they are under Documents/ EAGames alongside "Ultimate".

The first time I loaded game the lot Did NOT show up.

I went back, copy and pasted the 2 files in "Teleport" to the INSIDE Teleport folder inside of Documents / EAGames "Ultimate". I then also copied the 3 cc files under the outside Downloads folder to the inside Downloads folder.

*Note* you can make subfolders in the Downloads folder which I did.

I loaded up the game again and - TaDa! The lot is THERE!

A bit of a work around but glad this came to my attention.

Also knew it worked right because for the first time at the loading screen it asked me if I wanted to Enable Custom Content.
  • FairyLights1FairyLights1 Posts: 759 Member
    edited July 2014
    It's all hiding in program files (86) -origin games - ultimate collection - fun with pets - (one of the bin files) the package installer in body shop are there!

Finally found the answer, thanks google!

Clean installer is good too, but it makes a separate downloads folder in the ea one that you have to cut and paste the contents into sims UC .
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    edited July 2014
    That's odd. I didn't have to do anything to get my Clean Installer behaving itself.

I installed a Sim to get the skin tone from them and I had already told my computer to use the Clean Installer as the default program to install .sims2pack files. And I got no error message.

I'm probably the odd one out. I was very shocked the program figured things out.

I also had no issues with SimPE.