Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I deleted downloadedsims.index and it's not regenerating.

I've been having the black screen problem, thankfully deleting downloadedsims.index fixed it. But now none of the content I downloaded through the launcher is showing up! None of my CAS things and BUILD/BUY things. My worlds don't show up either, and regular store content isn't there. I really want them back. downloadedsims.index won't regenerate either. When I add downloadedsims.index back into my game, the black screen returned. When I try installing new content it says in game but it's not showing up I really want to play normally with my CC.

Also, I have a mac, and I do play with mods but my game has been running fine. The black screen happened out of the blue.

Comments

• lisakisi123lisakisi123 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited July 2014
    somebody? :(
  • DanielroxheapsDanielroxheaps Posts: 33 Member
    edited July 2014
    I do not use The Sims 3 on MAC so I am just guessing

Maybe if you delete downloadedsims.index and see if items are in your downloads and click the download button, or in installed content, hit a button that makes it download, I have no idea of the buttons becuase I am currently on ts3 and i dont want it to freeze
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    edited July 2014
    You might have better luck on the Mac forum.

If it were windows I'd say to move the Sims 3 folder out of My Documents. Launch the game. See if it runs on. There will be no installed content.

Then you need to close the game and reinstall your store content.

If you have any third party CC be careful when adding it back as something there may have caused your problem. Take care with anything from the exchange too as bad things sometimes attach to it without the maker knowing about it.
  • DanielroxheapsDanielroxheaps Posts: 33 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, you would get a solution there
  • lisakisi123lisakisi123 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I do not use The Sims 3 on MAC so I am just guessing

Maybe if you delete downloadedsims.index and see if items are in your downloads and click the download button, or in installed content, hit a button that makes it download, I have no idea of the buttons becuase I am currently on ts3 and i dont want it to freeze

Yeah, i thought about posting it there but I don't think it's a mac issue. thanks, ill try what you guys' said