Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Strangetown (Populated) (Download Now! 07/15)

124...Next

Comments

• pixiegamerpixiegamer Posts: 1,729 Member
    edited July 2014
    Your recreation is lovely! :D If it didn't have CC, I would download it in a heartbeat. Any chance there's a CC-free version?
    Getting back into TS3! :smile:
  • aaronrogers8i3aaronrogers8i3 Posts: 555 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hi. Can you send me CAW files of this town for personal use.

I'll have to make sure it's safe to edit as it's populated but I'll upload it as soon as its ready. :-)

Sorry pixiegamer this world was designed around the CC and it looks really odd without it. There's only one file for the CC though so if you ever try the world out it's really easy to uninstall. :wink:
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited July 2014
    Pixiegamer, I don't like downloading worlds with CC either and it's something I never normally do, but I did make an exception in the case of aaron's Mesa Grande, and I will with this one too.

His CC has never caused an issue in my game, it's well made and tasteful, and it is in one file, so it's very easy to install / uninstall if need be. It is not included in the world file, but in DBC package, which I was also thankful for, as it means when or if you want to uninstall, you're not trawling through the launcher looking for items.

Aaron, Strangetown was always my favourite Sims 2 'hood, and I'm really looking forward to trying this one out too, it looks beautiful! :D

Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • aleks242999aleks242999 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I'll have to make sure it's safe to edit as it's populated but I'll upload it as soon as its ready.
    Thank you.
  • lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm so excited about this!!! I've been following your Tumblr keeping up to date with all your updates. You're doing such great work. Thank you for recreating this world.
    er0s4g.jpg
  • lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited July 2014
    pixiegamer wrote:
    Your recreation is lovely! :D If it didn't have CC, I would download it in a heartbeat. Any chance there's a CC-free version?
    Sorry Pritzooo I really should've updated my first post. This world will no logner be using Supernatural because quite a lot of my blog followers don't have it. It already requires seasons and I don't want to deter people with lots of EPs. I hope this is good news for those who don't like supernatural though :-)

I'll never do a CC free version sorry. I spent weeks on CC and it's really what makes strangetown different from other worlds. :lol:
    Keep up the good work!

Thank you! :mrgreen:

tumblr_n2eabhPS7H1t01y2po2_r1_1280.jpg
    er0s4g.jpg
  • aaronrogers8i3aaronrogers8i3 Posts: 555 Member
    New version coming soon with more sims!
  • ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    Drooling here. I remember when you first posted photos of this world and I thought it was just amazing... I still think that. There's just something so... professional and clean about your worlds, aaronrogers8i3. I will 100% be downloading Strangetown whenever I get my hands on Seasons :)
  • allie_of_chaosallie_of_chaos Posts: 12 New Member
    @aaronrogers8i3 I really hope you see this. I have a question for you and the internet fails to help me find an answer. Is there any way I can edit a world in game but then save it as a preset? I love Strangetown (seriously everyone who knows me has been getting an earful about it because I've been waiting six years for someone to make a Sims 3 version! It was always my favorite neighborhood and you've done a fantastic job. Okay... back on topic). I would prefer if when it began the teens of the neighborhood were adults, since they were at birthday ages when Sims 2 started. I've aged them all up but I'd like to be able to make the neighborhood start with them that age. Also I've been adding bedroom/bathroom information to the descriptions of the houses and I'd like for that to stay. Sorry for the novel...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top