Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 2 Forum!

Hey Simmers,

So with EA stopping The Sims 2 support I have noticed a vast increase in Sims 2 chat on The Sims 3 forums.

I have been working on a solution and set up The Sims 2 forum where we can all go and not only get technical support from each other but also chat about it generally, reminisce, share content, mods, stories and more!

It's brand new and we need members and posters to start the new community. I myself am very knowledgeable about The Sims 2, more so than I am about Sims 3 so if you post something on the new forum I should be able to help! Don't be afraid to post, be the first!

Join now and make a new thriving Sims 2 community!

http://thesims2.freeforums.org/

P.S If we get popular we will look at improving the look and feel of the forums.

Comments

• chic_urbanitychic_urbanity Posts: 274 Member
    edited July 2014
    This is a great idea. There are too many threads here about this game. I am so happy that people are enjoying the older version but it pushes legitimate discussions and questions about The Sims 3 far back to pages that no one reads... I feel bad for all those people who barely get any response :/

If EA won't make a sub-forum on here for the sims 2, then your idea/creation is the next best thing.
    b11vVIw.jpg
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited July 2014
    EA should add a TS2 category. :)
    I really have no interest in it and I don't feel like even looking at the general forum since it's mostly about TS2.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    edited July 2014
    VikingLord77 That's me. I guess I'm first one registered (other than staff) :^) . I never played it before, so it'll be nice to have some place to also talk and ask questions without digging through the Sims3 chat.

Don't get me wrong Sims3 was my first Sims game EVER, so I'm still loyal to it. However, I want to explore the world of the Sims! Maybe even Sims1!

I'm not to sure about Sims4! From what I've seen (youtube & other sites), and read from reviews - the Sims4 is beginning to look kinda like the ENTERPRISE tv series that killed off Star Trek! Lordy-be! Hopefully I'm wrong on it!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • shmaashmaa Posts: 50 New Member
    edited July 2014
    My first Sims game was Sims 2, so honestly I have a bias towards it and I always scroll through this particular forum to see if I can find anything related to the topic. However, for people who are genuinely and entirely interested solely on Sims 3 I can understand why constant discussions of Sims 2 can become a nuisance. This is a great idea.
  • SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm not to sure about Sims4! From what I've seen (youtube & other sites), and read from reviews - the Sims4 is beginning to look kinda like the ENTERPRISE tv series that killed off Star Trek! Lordy-be! Hopefully I'm wrong on it!

:lol:

This is so true.

:lol:
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited July 2014
    I think it's funny "General" and a lot of the other catagories are being taken over by sims 2. Popular game it is!
  • KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited July 2014
    Well, this is a "general" forum for Sims, though I do wish they'd put up a Sims2 forum, but I doubt they will.

As for posts getting pushed back several pages, that's always happened. I'd post a topic and several hours later found it had fallen back before people had a chance to see it. That's just the nature of the beast when you have some many people reading and posting here.

The return of Sims2 is a new novelty. The excitement will likely die down fairly soon and come September, a lot of people will have moved to the Sims4 forum.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    edited July 2014
    This forum is about to EXPLODE!

As soon as Sims4 is released, this forum will be flooding with topics or questions about Sims2, Sims3, and Sims4! There's a Sims4 section, but everyone will end up using "General" instead!Trust me - the fuse has been lit and is racing towards the TNT barrel! D^:

KA-BOOM :!: :lol:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • chic_urbanitychic_urbanity Posts: 274 Member
    edited July 2014
    Bumping to help you out Laila :)
    b11vVIw.jpg
  • ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited July 2014
    This forum is about to EXPLODE!

As soon as Sims4 is released, this forum will be flooding with topics or questions about Sims2, Sims3, and Sims4! There's a Sims4 section, but everyone will end up using "General" instead!Trust me - the fuse has been lit and is racing towards the TNT barrel! D^:

KA-BOOM :!: :lol:

I swear I can't find the "LIKE" button. :evil:
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]