Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

August 2014 is the final store set - Thank you for everything, gurus!

13...Next

Comments

• nasonexdropnasonexdrop Posts: 74 Member
    edited July 2014
    I am just writing to say thanks for the new free set this am. I have wanted some tiny pigtail hair for adults/ teens for quite a while. I am sorry if this is in the wrong spot, but I was pleased to receive this set. I am sorry this is near the end of the sims 3 as I enjoy my game considerably and the last few sets from the store were very suitable for playing with. Thanks again :D
  • CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm really sad to see the amazing content the Sims store team has been releasing, especially this last year, come to end with next month's set. :cry: I never posted much in the forum here, but did a lot of lurking in all the wonderful topics of guessing what the new release would be, with SimGuruCopeland dropping in regularly to leave a new hint. It's sad to also see those come to an end... :?

Thank you SimGuruCopeland and the entire Store team for all your hard work on so many great sets, and also for interacting so much with us here on the forum! It proved you really cared and listened to our feedback, resulting in bringing us a lot of the often requested items and sets. I really do hope EA realises how talented you bunch are, and give you all a new and interesting job where all your skill can truely shine. Thank you for all the wonderful releases for the store and I hope to see more of your awesome work soon, be that on the Sims 4 or somewhere else.
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited July 2014
    Many thanks.
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    edited July 2014
    I am disappointed too. :( But like Karritz not surprised. :? I can't wait to see the new set and have enough SPs to buy the new one and the carnival set I passed on. I have been hoarding SPs for possibly another set in September and now see that is not necessary. So I can go ahead and get the one set I don't own and the gondola set when it comes out. That will complete my TS3 collection. (Yes - I admit, I am a completionist :?: - is that a word?) Heaven knows I haven't experienced all game play and I play almost every day as do most others that are posting. :wink:

The store team has outdone themselves the past several releases. :thumbup: They are phenomenal and I can't imagine they won't be helping with TS4 and would be disappointed if they weren't. Best of luck to all. We will miss you on TS3. :-(

Okay - I overused the emoticons, but I am emotional now. :oops:
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    edited July 2014
    P.S. Love the free sports set! :mrgreen:
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited July 2014
    My heartfelt thanks and appreciation to the entire Store Team for all the wonderful, unique Store items that have brought so much fun to our beloved Sims game through these last several years. Thank you for your hard work, ingenuity, and striving to please everyone.

I especially appreciate the free sportswear set that you've offered as a "farewell" gift today. I like everything in it so much and will use it often! It was an unexpected, pleasant surprise and very welcomed! :D

I just placed my order last night for the Premium Edition of Sims 4 and the Hardcover Prima Guide, too. So here's to looking forward with eagerness to September 2nd and anticipating the start of many more fun times to come. I hope we'll soon reunite at the new Sims4 Store, and find you doing what you've always done so well! So this is not good-bye, but just..."until we meet again." :D
  • WallinWallin Posts: 2,243 Member
    edited July 2014
    Pamhamlet wrote:
    So this is not good-bye, but just..."until we meet again." :D

That's a good way of putting it :D
  • strangeseraphstrangeseraph Posts: 369 Member
    edited July 2014
    The blog doesn't go any farther than 2013 for me. 9_9

I'm sad to see things are wrapping up, so much stuff in the store I still do not own, so many sets to complete! I hope the store stays around, even if they stop producing content!
    Jenny

Doop Dee Doop
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,921 Member
    edited July 2014
    The blog doesn't go any farther than 2013 for me. 9_9

I'm sad to see things are wrapping up, so much stuff in the store I still do not own, so many sets to complete! I hope the store stays around, even if they stop producing content!

Clear your browsing history

Then close your browser

Then try to see the blog again -after reopening your browser.
  • hyegalhyegal Posts: 238 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thank you guys for everything! I've had a wonderful time. I'm super glad the store is staying open. I'm not done buying stuff yet. :3
  • Naley22Naley22 Posts: 1,147 Member
    edited July 2014
    Drat.. i really wanted maternity wear for my sims..

maybe we can get really good deals on all the stuff now.. ? lol
  • rainwiferainwife Posts: 1,232 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thank you store team, for all you have done. You will be missed!
  • Allct222Allct222 Posts: 610 Member
    edited July 2014
    A HUGE thank you to the entire store team, you guys created wonderful creations that added so much to my game play, thank you! And thank you for this final set, it is something completely different and i just love the idea, way to go guys!! Arrivederci :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited July 2014
    :shock: That effing sucks.
    I'm pi**ed. :cry:
    Da*n. :x
  • luvalphvleluvalphvle Posts: 1,545 Member
    edited July 2014
    Wow, this is sad news. :(

So there won't be refunds on Simpoints, huh? I guess it's good that I haven't bought any in a while. Usually I buy the biggest bundle, but lately I've just held off.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited July 2014
    SimsVip has the blog if you can t view it here.
  • darkwidow11darkwidow11 Posts: 601 Member
    edited July 2014
    *cries all the tears to fill this canal* :cry::cry::cry::cry:
  • vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    edited July 2014
    I feel sad :cry::cry::cry::cry: , glad the store will stay open for a while, to give me a chance to purchased some of the items I didn't buy.

This is a beautiful set, hope they have included a hammock.
    Sim gurus you have been wonderful. So will you be going to Sims 4? To bad for me if you do. I don't plan on buying Sims 4, I've spent too much money on 3. I own almost all of the store items. Can't quit now

Everybody backup everything you have.
    edited July 2014
    Updated the first post with Copeland's goodbye message :cry:
  • rumbutterrumbutter Posts: 3,756 Member
    edited July 2014
    Wallin wrote:
    Updated the first post with Copeland's goodbye message :cry:

WHAT NO :(:( really sad about that all the best to you and yours Mr. Copeland
  • GodessTruGodessTru Posts: 215 Member
    edited July 2014
    What a rough two days! I guess it makes sense that Copeland would send out a good-bye with the store being "done", but for whatever reason, reading that message has made it all sink in more.
    :cry: Goodbye Red folder of awesome ideas!

Thank you and good luck in whatever you decided to do next, Copeland! You've been a fantastic Guru to us all!!

*sad panda* :cry::cry:
  • CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'd like to add my voice to all the others, thanking the Store Team and wishing them the best in all they do. I wish I had an original way to express heartfelt gratitude!
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
    edited July 2014
    I guess Copeland is actually moving and sold his house earlier in the month (Facebook), so maybe he saw this coming. Good for him if he found something better that he loves to do :D
  • MykalaplyMykalaply Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thank you very much Store Team! I guess this is goodbye until :(:( :shock:
  • SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm somewhat disappointed that I never got to see a fencing set, but most of the things on my wishlist in terms of new features and items actually got taken care of in the past week sets so I'm not feeling too bad. Still, I hope they keep the store open for a while longer, I still have a few things left to get before I'm truly finished here