Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

AUGUST set speculation! NEW HINT AS OF JULY 30th!

Comments

• Options
    Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited July 2014
    Sounds like they are at least keeping the store open for a while for those that still want to buy sets they don't own and backups for our purchases. Still a very sad day though. :/
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    dorseypjddorseypjd Posts: 155 Member
    edited July 2014
    Might have to have some nectar for the time in 40 years.
  • Options
    NodakNodak Posts: 89 Member
    edited July 2014
    The last set....

Well that's a huge bummer. I guess after I get the last of what I want from TS3 store, EA won't be seeing my money again for a good while. I am not getting The Sims 4 until I see what the expansions bring to it. The base game is really unappealing to me, and the expansions don't improve it, I will stick with previews and let's plays. Especially after my disappointment with Simcity, I'm very wary of buying another franchise game from EA.

On that note - thank you Gurus for everything you've done. You've brought us some very wonderful content, and my only regrets are that more will follow and most of my list did not get made.

I guess I'll have to change my mind about custom content, now.

*sigh* this will be the first Sims game I did not buy right away. Bought 1, 2, and 3 special editions on release days. Much tragic, such potential, wow.
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited July 2014
    I hope that Simguru Copeland gets sent to the Sims 4 Store after this releases. It s a sad day with the store closing.
    Cat my lovely, SGC is on Twitter now chatting with us, come and share the love ♥
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited July 2014
    Oh, no! What sad happy news. :shock: :cry: This looks like a seriously awesome theme, though. What a beautiful idea for a swan song! Gondolas in Venice: yes, yes, yes! :D
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited July 2014
    Anyone know how long TS2 store was still producing content when TS3 released?

This is definitely bittersweet. It just makes me think that TS4 is so bad they have to cut TS3 store even shorter than expected because they need all the help. Which may not be true but that's how I feel.

Then again I never participated in TS2 store so I have no clue how long that was up and running.

A romantic gondola ride is nice. Too bad my number one suggestion of creating kids instruments so they can put their virtuoso traits to use was ignored and unaccomplished.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    dizzydeedizzydee Posts: 1,269 Member
    edited July 2014
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry:

Oh, my dear, dear store friends this is a sad day. These threads have been so much fun and given me such joy and delight... and the Store Team has been so wonderful ... I am sad, just so sad to see all of this joy come to an end.

I feel like Craven - I need to go do something else for awhile. Hugs to you all. Maybe I'll bake some cookies. Hope you all like chocolate chip. They're easy. Hugs.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Deshong04 wrote:
    Anyone know how long TS2 store was still producing content when TS3 released?

This is definitely bittersweet. It just makes me think that TS4 is so bad they have to cut TS3 store even shorter than expected because they need all the help. Which may not be true but that's how I feel.

Then again I never participated in TS2 store so I have no clue how long that was up and running.

A romantic gondola ride is nice. Too bad my number one suggestion of creating kids instruments so they can put their virtuoso traits to use was ignored and unaccomplished.

I don't think the sims 2 store lasted very long at all (as far as new content anyway it stayed open for quite a while). It didn't have even a fraction of the content the sims 3 store had though.
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited July 2014
    dizzydee wrote:

Oh, my dear, dear store friends this is a sad day. These threads have been so much fun and given me such joy and delight... and the Store Team has been so wonderful ... I am sad, just so sad to see all of this joy come to an end.

I feel like Craven - I need to go do something else for awhile. Hugs to you all. Maybe I'll bake some cookies. Hope you all like chocolate chip. They're easy. Hugs.

I should go do something to. Just not yoga. Because I will cry thinking about yoga and the lost possibilities. :cry:
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited July 2014
    The Sims 2 Store stayed open for a few years after the launch of Sims 3. We have plenty of time. Everyone should re-download the latest version of all their purchased content and save it on a flash drive or something.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    Can't really say anything. I'm just so upset. I hope the store team are ok. :cry::cry::cry:

I'm glad I said how I felt about the store team earlier in the thread because that's what I'd be wanting to say right now, but I'm overwhelmed and I can't.

*Hands Cinderellimouse some nectar* I hope you don't mind I've already partaken of some of it..... :oops:

:)

*takes a glug and passes it on to Kate*
    *takes a big swill* Thank you jcp and Cinderelli - I needed that.
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    The Sims 2 Store stayed open for a few years after the launch of Sims 3. We have plenty of time. Everyone should re-download the latest version of all their purchased content and save it on a flash drive or something.
    Thank you Nik :) I will organise a flash drive and do just that as soon as possible :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    dizzydee wrote:

I should go do something to. Just not yoga. Because I will cry thinking about yoga and the lost possibilities. :cry:
    Aww.. Jcp! (/^.^)/ ❤ \(^.^\) *ℓσνє αη∂ ѕquɪѕɧƴ ɧυɢѕ*
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I put my content on my external HD the other day. Debating burning to some disks to keep with my sims 3 disks as extra back up.
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    samiam662 wrote:
    Oh, no! What sad happy news. :shock: :cry: This looks like a seriously awesome theme, though. What a beautiful idea for a swan song! Gondolas in Venice: yes, yes, yes! :D
    Hello Sam my lovely :)(^.^)/ *waves*
    On a happier note, yes Gondola ride through Venice will be soooooooo romantic - I absolutely love it!! :D This set looks awesome!! :thumbup:
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Thinking an addition to monte vista is in order. :D
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited July 2014
    I know alot of people are upset about this...
    but i'm kinda relieved :lol:
    i have been trying for years to make my dreamtown in CaW but every 3months a new pack would pop up and i'd have to restart cause of all the new items, if i liked a store set and bought it I started over too ect. ect.
    I'm not planning on getting Sims 4 and i'm kinda happy mostly because i'll finally be able to make it like i would love to see my world end without getting distracted by new content lol...

Anyway, I haven't really been active for years on this forum ;) (I have mostly been in the shadows and lurking) :) I wish everyone here the best of luck, and if they move to sims 4 in september, I hope this game becomes everything you are looking for <3
    I had loads of fun lurking and looking at all the nice pictures everyone uploaded when a new set popped up :mrgreen: that was always so much fun...
  • Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited July 2014
    This thread is turning into some sort of retirement party. *sniff*

Goodbye store team and good luck! We love you!

goodbye_gif_by_beatlesbug-d4hlygh.gif
  • Options
    dorseypjddorseypjd Posts: 155 Member
    edited July 2014
    I feel that the store team was going to be doing more but the Sims 4 is not quite as good as most people thought it would be.EA is trying to force people to it and ended sims 3 content.People will buy sims 4 but i dont see it as a big seller that EA thought it would be.I think the store team was caught by surprise also.The last few sets had no blogs etc.But that is the way it goes.Now lets have a Sims 3 party.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited July 2014
    Boy I can't wait for this set. I see there is a sim on the back. I wonder if he comes with the boat. And y simself is getting married what a coincidence. :P

I hope we ll be getting more hints. I wonder if there is any other romantic stuff coming with this set. Maybe those windows SG Copeland was talking about are heart shaped.

By the way this can count as a carnival ride. :P
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited July 2014
    Boy I can't wait for this set. I see there is a sim on the back. I wonder if he comes with the boat. And y simself is getting married what a coincidence. :P

I hope we ll be getting more hints. I wonder if there is any other romantic stuff coming with this set. Maybe those windows SG Copeland was talking about are heart shaped.

I do too it's very tunnel of love-ish.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited July 2014
    dorseypjd wrote:
    I feel that the store team was going to be doing more but the Sims 4 is not quite as good as most people thought it would be.EA is trying to force people to it and ended sims 3 content.People will buy sims 4 but i dont see it as a big seller that EA thought it would be.I think the store team was caught by surprise also.The last few sets had no blogs etc.But that is the way it goes.Now lets have a Sims 3 party.

Hey Dorsey <waves>, I have been personally expecting this to happen. The store deals/sales have been getting extremely good this time around. I had a terrible feeling that there was an end in sight and sooner rather than later, as much as we all would love for the Sims3 Store to continue producing. Sadly of course it will force a lot of us simmers who are sitting on the fence to jump onto the Sims4 grass so to speak. THis is exactly what the EA Money Men expect to happen. However I think they might be in for a surprise. I am still undecided and awaiting the CAS demo to see if I like it enough to step into the Sims4 pool.
    Simming since the beginning! :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    samiam662 wrote:
    This thread is turning into some sort of retirement party. *sniff*

Goodbye store team and good luck! We love you!

goodbye_gif_by_beatlesbug-d4hlygh.gif

I do not want to lose SGC, I hope he is moving on to TS4... To me, he IS the Sims ❤ I only discovered the joys of simming with TS3, and he has been there, with me, for the entire fun-filled ride - I cannot image simming without him :(
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014

I agree Cat, this set looks incredible... I really am loving the look of Venice and romantic Gondola rides - sorry, but my joy has been tempered by my sadness.
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited July 2014
    samiam662 wrote:
    Hello Sam my lovely :)(^.^)/ *waves*
    On a happier note, yes Gondola ride through Venice will be soooooooo romantic - I absolutely love it!! :D This set looks awesome!! :thumbup:

Hello Katie my dear friend, thanks for the heads up tweet! :wink:

Ooooo GONDOLAS! wow that's great. I wish it were a punt but hey its close enough. Hmmm now I really am going to have to create a river in my current WIP world. I have the tumbling waterfall coming down the hill to meet the mill... now I need the river LOL. Hmm can't wait to see more on this 8)

I am sooo sad to hear this is the last of the fantastic store team creations even if it is epic!. It's a sad day for us dedicated Sims3'ers :cry:
    Simming since the beginning! :)