Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So i just got Sims 2 ultimate

I never played Sims 2, What am i doing with it? Same as sims 3?? pick a world and go nuts?
Romire - Australian Gamer
An Nurodirvgent player from the land downunder.

Comments

• medivialprincessmedivialprincess Posts: 774 Member
    edited July 2014
    ROMIRE wrote:
    I never played Sims 2, What am i doing with it? Same as sims 3?? pick a world and go nuts?

pretty much you'll have six worlds plus the create a world tool built in game. then go in click on the create a family tool or pick a pre made family or one from the bin. and it helps to have the game tips turned on.
    tumblr_m4hniaS8fX1r3l7cvo1_500.gif
  • AnabelleLeeAnabelleLee Posts: 182 Member
    edited July 2014
    If mine worked I would play with the apartments of Belladonna Cove
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    edited July 2014
    ROMIRE wrote:

well it will be more of a challenge because there are chance cards for stuff like: jobs and vacations and I think maybe Hobby chance cards?. Sims 2 pets can also have jobs (and chance cards). Toddlers can do stuff like I think play with the toilet,escape crib,etc . of course there's the nanny if you thought baby-sitters were bad, Nannies were terrible-some had the house on the fire and others left a mess. Children will run to their mom or dad who is coming home from work to greet them. They can jump on beds I believe. There are also um rewards like "smart milk' and other stuff. I think there might have been a pop-up saying that (kid) had done such-and-such and that made them be on the school soccer team. of course there is the headmaster challenge. There's also the risk of death-from ghosts, house being dirty,etc)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited July 2014
    If mine worked I would play with the apartments of Belladonna Cove

I forget the name of the apt complex I used most in S2. But when I see it again I will know it and will jump for joy to be back in that hood. I really do miss apt life from sims 2!

And I miss my own world I used based on Tiki Island.
  • MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited July 2014
    You've never played Sims 2??? Have fun, its like the best Sim game ever imo :D
  • deltagirl1326deltagirl1326 Posts: 468 Member
    edited July 2014
    Anyone know how to purchase this? I have all the Sims 2 games on my old computer but I doubt that I could put my hands on all the documentation I need from each expansion to put them on this one. I would love to play them again!
  • alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    edited July 2014
    Moonbarker wrote:
    It is.
    p6tqefj
    edited July 2014
    Anyone know how to purchase this? I have all the Sims 2 games on my old computer but I doubt that I could put my hands on all the documentation I need from each expansion to put them on this one. I would love to play them again!
    Go onto origin... Redeem a code and type I-LOVE-THE-SIMS
    p6tqefj
  • medivialprincessmedivialprincess Posts: 774 Member
    edited July 2014

go to origins redeem code and type in I-LOVE-THE-SIMS and its free until the 30th I think. :wink: my boyfriend got it earlier after I told him to go redeem it while he could.
    tumblr_m4hniaS8fX1r3l7cvo1_500.gif
  • InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited July 2014
    How in the world do you put it into windowed mode I hate full screen in any game ...ps loading screens lol
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Renay94Renay94 Posts: 88 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Mine has just finished downloading. All your excited posts have made me excited to play again :!: :mrgreen:

If you haven't played Sims 2, then be prepared to play the best sims game ever!! 8)
  • pandabearroxpandabearrox Posts: 2,295 Member
    edited July 2014
    DONT REMEMBER TO CALL THE HEADMASTER!!!

My fave part!!
    edited July 2014
    How in the world do you put it into windowed mode I hate full screen in any game ...ps loading screens lol
    options> click the icon with a monitor> where it says enable windowed mode change it to off.
    p6tqefj
  • Dearra95Dearra95 Posts: 556 Member
    edited July 2014
    Moonbarker wrote:

I didn't realize how much was taken out from Sims 2 that Sims 3 didn't have until they charged at that over priced store for items. I really didn't mind the load screens in 2 but now looking at the game again compared to Sims 3 I do wish it had the open world then it would be totally perfect.
  • RomireRomire Posts: 2,418 Member
    edited July 2014
    after 30 mins of playing it, i just exited, how the hell did anyone like this?
    edited July 2014
    alexandrea wrote:
    options> click the icon with a monitor> where it says enable windowed mode change it to off.

Nope, not seeing an option to change to windowed mode there. Blah. I will probably have to uninstall and reinstall. Fun times.
  • ClassicStyleClassicStyle Posts: 154 Member
    edited July 2014
    Playing TS2 after the years of playing TS3 feels a bit wierd. However I would love to see a beautiful combination of this two games.
    edited July 2014
    Playing TS2 after the years of playing TS3 feels a bit wierd. However I would love to see a beautiful combination of this two games.

So would I.
  • MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited July 2014
    Have fun! I wish I still had my Sims 2 games.
  • RomireRomire Posts: 2,418 Member
    edited July 2014
    Mandylcd wrote:

Here: I-LOVE-THE-SIMS enter it on the Origin page and presto, welcome back Vintage sims!

Yes it works!
    edited July 2014
    ROMIRE wrote:
    Mandylcd wrote:

Here: I-LOVE-THE-SIMS enter it on the Origin page and presto, welcome back Vintage sims!

Yes it works!

Really!!! I am off to try it, thank you so much!!
  • EphemeraeEphemerae Posts: 16 New Member
    edited July 2014
    alexandrea wrote:

Nope, not seeing an option to change to windowed mode there. Blah. I will probably have to uninstall and reinstall. Fun times.
    You can just edit the shortcut properties to play in windowed mode. Just right click on the desktop shortcut and click on properties. Add a space at the end of the target path and type -w and hit apply. It should open up in windowed mode.
    edited July 2014
    ROMIRE wrote:
    Mandylcd wrote:

Yes it works!

It's working, downloading right now-thank you so much for this information!!
  • Vilin213923Vilin213923 Posts: 519 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I honestly haven't played The Sims 3 since I got the Ultimate collection, the routing in the sims 3 is just so terrible and it takes forever for my sims to get anything done. They have to wake up three hours early to take a shower, make and eat breakfast.
    I am so glad I have the ultimate collection because I never had all the expansions. Best sims game imh.
  • IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited July 2014
    i just went to origin and claimed it...
    this was my third time ever using origin (1 time to register my sims 3 packs way way back when it was still ambitions, second time when my basegame disk stopped working so i had to download it from there, and then there was now...)
    Needless to say i feel kinda dirty lol :lol: (I try to stay away from origin if i can).
    I bet EA is happy to have another soul though... (but atleast if my sims2 disks break down, i'll be set)