The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Now Sims 2 Ultimate Collection is free, will you still be getting The Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited July 2014
    EA is pretty much giving away TS2 Ultimate for free if you enter the code "I-LOVE-THE-SIMS" into Origin (http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-get-the-sims-2-ultimate-collection/). So now that a complete Sims experience (with pools & toddlers) is free. will you still be getting TS4?
    THANK YOU.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,130 Member
    edited July 2014
    I already owned everything in the UC except one SP, so it's just nice to have it all in one place. It didn't affect my thoughts on Sims 4 at all. No, I'm not buying it.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    xJenniferLynnxxJenniferLynnx Posts: 111 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I just downloaded this so thank you for your post!!!!:):) I just wish it was for macs too:( hopefully it won't go away in my origins account before I get a PC.
  • Options
    Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    edited July 2014
    gamekitten wrote:
    No plans of getting Sims 4, not after I see how much I enjoy Sims 2. Thank you EA for showing me just how much you took out of the last Sims game and the new one coming out. You saved me money that I can now sink into my other games..Thank you!
    Ditto!
  • Options
    LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    edited July 2014
    I will definitely still get the TS4. It will be fun to play TS2 again though :)
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    edited July 2014
    I wasn't sure I could get it because my Sims 2 games were destroyed in a fire but then friends gave me their old ones they didn't play anymore (since I love Sims 2 always have!) second hand. But I saw that today I could and I did, on my desktop now! Before it was on my laptop as on my desktop it'd blink now it doesn't! Just had to turn shadows off due to the black box thing but whatever, it works! Plus store content i've never had in the first place from what i've heard! Is that true? I haven't looked through stuff yet.

It was a pain on my laptop so i'm very happy for this!

And yes i'm still getting TS4! Just now I can have TS2, TS3 and TS4 all on one computer! I do want to get TS1 at some point, never played that.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,574 Member
    edited July 2014
    yes i am still buying the sims4 the sims2 ultimate collection is just to kill time until september 2 2014
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited July 2014
    Wow thank you so much for this! My TS2 games didn't work on my computer. I looked into it and it was because the disks were all scrathed. Now I can play again!

This means everything to! Love TS2 :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Oneice27Oneice27 Posts: 314 Member
    edited July 2014
    I've been still getting it XD But yep ^^ still am! I was so excited to hear about sims 2 being free! I was never a fan of it back when and I wanted to give it another go but the disks I had disappeared into nowheresville and I was sad I didn't get to give it a second chance until now ^^
    Keep calm and sim on friend-os!

**Icon image is of my character, drawn for my by fellow artist ^^ I always play out him and his gal's story in the sims, going to be exciting to bring it to the sims 4!**
  • Options
    JajhiraJajhira Posts: 135 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thank You!!! This post just made me so happy lol.

& yes I will still be buying the Sims 4
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    edited July 2014
    I am not downloading because:

1. it takes too many MG's to download. (13)

2. My Sims Life Stories keeps crashing , and I don't have much hope for this.

Still getting TS4.
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited July 2014
    I wasn't getting the sims 4 anyway but, now I have something new and exciting to play with that has way more features and functionality than ts4 so I'm pretty happy.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited July 2014
    Awesome OP! This is great! I let my son have my TS2 discs when he went to college and I miss them. I didn't give them all to him, but he has the main and a few eps, so I haven't registered any of them.

Downloading now.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited July 2014
    I just downloaded the Ultimate collection but I will definitely be getting the Sims $
    I started playing the Sims 2 and I don't remember how to get around in it. It seems so hard compared to Sims 3. there is nothing in the town. well it will give me something to do between Sims 3 and fiddling with sims 2. Not sure I like it after playing Sims 3 for so long.
    I can't wait for Sims 4.
    Does Sims 2 have a map view to choose where to go?

• Options
    edited July 2014
    I just downloaded this so thank you for your post!!!!:):) I just wish it was for macs too:( hopefully it won't go away in my origins account before I get a PC.

Since Sims 3 runs like a dream on my Mac, I have no intention of switching back. (part of the reason I won't be buying Sims 4 right now). I have a virtual Windows partition on here for Sims 2. It runs better than it did on my previous laptop which was a PC.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Evalen wrote:
    I just downloaded the Ultimate collection but I will definitely be getting the Sims $
    I started playing the Sims 2 and I don't remember how to get around in it. It seems so hard compared to Sims 3. there is nothing in the town. well it will give me something to do between Sims 3 and fiddling with sims 2. Not sure I like it after playing Sims 3 for so long.
    I can't wait for Sims 4.
    Does Sims 2 have a map view to choose where to go?

No. Depending on where you are you can click on your Sim, a yellow triangle sign, a pay phone, or house phone, or cell phone if you buy one, and select "walk to lot..." or "Call a taxi...". If you have clickable neighbors checked in the options menu, you can also click on a location and a popup will ask you if you want to go there and warn you that it saves the game.

Oh, if you choose to go downtown but don't pick a specific place, it will pop up with a view of the whole neighborhood and ask you to select where you want to go.
  • Options
    MiamineMiamine Posts: 731 Member
    edited July 2014
    Already got everything to do with Sims 2, my favourite game, and extensively modified which means for me it's almost perfect. Would have like a new game with fresh graphics, but I'm not buying Sims 4, right now not enough information to show that it's worth it, and too much missing a base game.

TODDLERS, TEENS, SMALL NEIGHBOURHOODS and NO TERRAIN EDITING. TELEPORTING INSTEAD OF CARS.... Game is seriously lacking for me.

Glad that you put up this information, some can't remember or never tried Sims 2, I'm hopeful once they play it they'll understand the many complaints on this board. The suggestion is to play with only the base game at first (if possible) and then add the expansions, to allow players to compare and contrast with Sims 4.

SIMS 3:YOU’VE NEVER SEEN THE SIMS LIKE THIS BEFORE! This #1 bestselling award-winner* is better than ever on iPhone and iPod. Contains direct links to the Internet; Collects data though third party ad serving analytics technology. EA may retire online features and services after 30 days’ notice.
  • Options
    NoeinNoein Posts: 495 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thank you so much!

I was literally looking on Amazon a couple of weeks ago for the Sims 2. I never had the pleasure of playing it, I had a really bad computer at the time. This was the experience I missed.

So, virtual cupcakes for you, any flavor!

And I'm still going to get the Sims 4, when it goes on sale.

Thanks again!
  • Options
    X1rawr1XX1rawr1X Posts: 33
    edited July 2014
    The code... it worked... I love this site so much...
    *Heavy tears of joy*
  • Options
    AlisoxAlisox Posts: 1,640 Member
    edited July 2014
    I am still getting TS4 but thanks so much for this, it'll be fun to play with until then!
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yeah I got it already. Saw it on Twitter just before you posted this. I have never played the Sims 2 so I am excited to try it.

But Yes I am still going forward with the Sims4. I don't see why I can't play both games if I like them both. I have Sims 4 on pre-order and can't wait to try it out.

To bad I have to work tomorrow...dang it!! Okay time to go make some Sims. Happy Simming everyone and Thank you EA!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    edited July 2014
    I got it today will it mess up my old game I have saved families in
  • Options
    Caitlyn2Caitlyn2 Posts: 68 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I only have a few Sims 2 games and recently got the Ultimate Collection (I can't believe EA did that, I'd never have guessed them to do something so awesome!) and I'll be playing it to decide if I want Sims 4. From what I've read, the two games are very alike. It's an updated Sims 2 not an updated Sims 3. So I'll know by release date!!
  • Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited July 2014
    I plan to play Both The Sims 2 and The Sims 4 so yeah this be a good day for all!!

Now its time for the Dance of joy!

TommyDance.gif

• Options
    KLAlexisKLAlexis Posts: 472 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hi ^_^

Question, does it also include the other games such as Life Stories, Pet Stories, and Castaway?
    "The truth hurts, but lies kill"