Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Faery Fae Cycle 2 - Scores & Assignment 3 Posted - check in

BeechNutBabyBeechNutBaby Posts: 14,439 Member
edited March 8 in Nominated Threads
2lw6frp.jpg

Welcome to Cycle 2!

This competition was such a blast to host and judge during cycle one and I'm excited to open this up for a second cycle.

So what the heck is this competition about? Well, it's a competition about faeries. There is a fashion element to this as well, so assignments will require you to creatively mix the elements of fantasy and fashion into one beautifully constructed image.

Now, what's different from cycle one? Well, not a whole lot, except that you will be given more creatively described assignments. Instead of just portraying specific types of faeries all the time, you'll be asked to incorporate fantasy elements as well.

szto40.jpg
No negativity of any kind is allowed - this includes belittling yourself
Editing is allowed and highly recommended
NO face-plastering or photo-skinning
You are allowed to draw your own clothing or objects
Only 2 extensions per person per cycle - yes I will be keeping track
Only 2 days MAX extensions are allowed - you must ask for one at
least 24 hours in advanced
Assignments last 7 days - that's lots of time, which means I may choose not
to extend it for you
Deadlines are set at Pacific Standard Times - adjust accordingly
Please don't drop - if you are too busy or think you will drop, DON'T SIGN UP!
Have fun and be creative

34ewz9h.jpg
model_24.png

Needs to Check In
2mc6ofs.jpgfkctqw.jpg2wr0u9f.jpg313neqx.jpg30hrlh0.jpgfwhezn.jpgk97see.jpg1ajph.jpg

Checked In

Assignment Submitted

Extensions Granted

6ynk8x.jpg

11jw51e.jpg2vru001.jpg

Assignments Archive
Assignment 1 | Results
Assignment 2 | Results

Thread @ Unbound
6rj4Q13.png
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• BeechNutBabyBeechNutBaby Posts: 14,439 Member
    edited August 2014
    2yzepg5.jpg

ASSIGNMENT 3: NATURE

Now that we've done some hardcore faeries, let's bring back the softer side of them. Your next task will be to create an elegant, enchanting, truly beautiful NATURE FAERY. You must incorporate all aspects of nature in this shot. She should be surrounded by nature and appear as if she truly belongs in it. Your shot should be 3/4 OR full body for this shot and pay special attention to the fashion aspect of this as well as how detailed your setting is.

Good luck!

Requirements
    ONE Photo
    THIN Black Border
    Fashion/Fantasy Cohesion
    3/4 or Full Bodyshot
    Nature Faery

EXAMPLE:
    exampl40.jpg
    DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 4TH @ 9PM PST
    SINGLE-ELIMINATION ROUND

1zbxme0.jpg

A basic scoring rubric will be used for this competition.

SCORING RUBRIC
    Photo Quality: /5
    Setting/Background: /10
    Model Appearance: /10
    Faery Creativity: /15
    Personal Choice: /5
    Requirements: /5
    Total: /50

SCORING BREAK DOWN
    Photo Quality: Is your photo clear and crisp? Is it free of blurred spots, choppy edges or borked body parts?
    Setting/Background: Is your setting creative and unique? Does it fit with the type of faery you created?
    Model Appearance: Does your model look like the required faery?
    Faery Creativity: How creative did you get with your faery styling?
    Personal Choice: Each judge has personal tasted, this is where we express it.
    Requirements: Follow them!

2ln9s1d.jpg
    **JUDGES PLEASE CLICK ON IMAGES & JUDGE FULL SIZES. SMALLER SIZES TEND TO DEGRADE QUALITY**

Dana & Analeigh Strauss

Ava & Elsie Belle

Monster & Ella Roman

Riki & Liara Fowler

Bookie & Adeline Hart

Nini & Dageus McGowan

Vana & Lux Sullivan

Lidi & Jayden Jacobs
    Post edited by BeechNutBaby on
    6rj4Q13.png
    edited August 2014
    aln435.jpg

FIRST OFF, SOME WORDS FROM BEECH:

Some of you managed to keep the level of photo up and others kind of let it slide this round. I thought that for the most part, you all did a fine job. Some shined more than others. Remember requirements, remember that this is a fashion faery competition, so images need to have that fashion/fantasy combination that works. A lot of you fell onto the fantasy side, but forgot the fashion part.

Non-Elimination Round.

==========================================================

1ST PLACE
    Nini
    nini13.jpg
    92 points

11jw51e.jpg
    Photo Quality: 4.5/5
    Setting/Background: 9/10
    Model Appearance: 9.5/10
    Faery Creativity: 14/15
    Personal Choice: 5/5
    Requirements: 4/5
    Total: 46/50

Wow…yeah…Dageus looks gorgeous. Everything about this photo works well. The colors are fun, the pose is perfect, and expression in is (one) eye is great, and he’s got such perfect tattoos and styling going on. The wings are awesome, but I wish they contrasted with the pink/purple background. I have very little to complain about. Keep up the awesome work this round.

2vru001.jpg
    Model Appearance: 9/10
    Requirements: 4.5/5

Oh Dageus has such a beautiful rugged face. Perfect pose choice. It gave the right balance of warrior and fashion. The eye patch looks great on him, and the swords were a nice find. I do like the wings, I wish they didn’t blend so much into the gorgeous background. Maybe if it had more contrast than they would have stood out more. Also this picture was taken a tad too low, it’s at the waist level. Still this was my favorite this week.

2ND PLACE
    Dana
    dana11.jpg
    91 points

11jw51e.jpg
    Photo Quality: 4/5
    Requirements: 5/5

Wow, Dana. This is gorgeous. I could definitely see this as the stock image for the elven warrior in a D&D game. It’s beautifully constructed, Analeigh is posed with a great look in her eye, and the colors are really awesome. I love the tattoo and the clothing choice – the bit of the sword coming through is a really great addition. I love that hair on her, but it is a little glitchy with the pose – smoothing it out in the editing stage could have saved that. But honestly, this was my favorite this round.

2vru001.jpg
    Setting/Background: 8/10
    Total: 45/50

Now this is the image that comes to mind for this warrior faery assignment. Analeigh looks tough, she is in a strong pose, and her eyes are still soft. I see some of her warrior outfit which is nice. Love the wings too. The hair was a little glitchy so be careful of the hair and pose to avoid that. Other than the hair, this picture had everything else going for it. Great job Dana.

3RD PLACE
    Bookie
    bookie15.jpg
    86 points

11jw51e.jpg
    Model Appearance: 8/10
    Faery Creativity: 12.5/15
    Personal Choice: 3/5
    Total: 41/50

Okay…sooo I think this is a pretty good image. It has the qualities we’d need for a warrior headshot: she looks tough, she’s armored, and the sword helps. The darkened sky is nice as well. But, it’s just not super wowing. I preferred your first image. This was a little lackluster and the wings seemed odd. It was a good image, but wow me next time.

2vru001.jpg
    Setting/Background: 8.5/10
    Personal Choice: 4/5
    Total: 45/50

Well well well Bookie. I adore this picture. I like Adeline gazing off to the distance perhaps surveying the battle scene. Love the outfit choice you have here. I am a little confused about the wings, is that part of her wing on the left? It seems out of place? I love the darkened sky too, nice coloring. Even though I am not crazy about the wings, this picture had everything else going for it, much better than the first assignment picture. Can’t wait to see what you do next time.

4TH PLACE
    Riki
    riki13.jpg
    83 points

11jw51e.jpg
    Faery Creativity: 13/15
    Total: 42/50

Oooh, Oooh, Liara looks like a Native American warrior here! I love that. I really adore that…okay…anyway. I think the hair is very beautiful and flowy. I really love the wings. I think the sword was a nice idea and the setting wasn’t bad either – it’s quality was off compared to Liara, though. I’m kind of iffy with the expression…I’m not sure how I feel about it. I like it, but then I don’t really think it fits the warrior aspect. But, for the most part, I really thought this was a nice photo.

2vru001.jpg
    Faery Creativity: 12/15
    Total: 41/50

My goodness Liara looks absolutely gorgeous here. Her eyes are beautiful. The hair was almost perfect too. It is sitting a tad too high on her head. That backdrop looks lovely and I like the sword accessory that you used. What is missing is the warrior pose. I felt this pose was a tad too sexy and didn’t give off the warrior/fighter vibe even though she’s holding a sword. This pose could have worked perhaps if she was looking at the camera. Still pretty solid entry this week. Good job.

5TH PLACE
    Vana
    vana25.png
    78 points

11jw51e.jpg
    Photo Quality: 3/5
    Model Appearance: 7.5/10
    Total: 40.5/50

I like this one better than the last assignment because I can actually tell he’s supposed to be a warrior. I like the sword and the look he has going on, but the expression on his face could have been more appealing. Honestly…he looks like he’s been knocked on the head a few times and now has that “duhhhh” expression. I do like the pose otherwise as it looks like he’s going to bring that sword down on someone. The bruising on his face is awesome, but the body bruising is a little odd…very pixely.

2vru001.jpg
    Photo Quality: 3.5/5
    Setting/Background: 7/10
    Model Appearance: 7/10
    Total: 37.5/50

Great job on capturing Lux here. It looks like Lux is preparing to strike someone with his sword. The wings look pretty cool here. The backdrop is wonderful. I liked the bruising on the face, the body not so much. I think the less is more approach would have been better here. This doesn’t have the same level of quality as the one before either. Still pretty solid picture this week.

6TH PLACE
    Ava
    ava11.png
    77 points

11jw51e.jpg
    Faery Creativity: 13/15
    Total: 39/50

This was a hit and a miss for me…so I’m kind of on the fence. I love the wings (especially that broken one), I love the sword idea, I love the hair, and I like the armor. I think the scars on her arms were a good idea, but needed to be rougher and not so uniform. What really, really, really got me was the look on Elsie’s face. It was so odd…she looks like a doe caught in the headlights and her eyes look almost crossed like she’s really confused. Her expression took away all aspects of the warrior for me. As for your setting, it’s a really cool one and I like the desolate landscape, but the quality was far different from Elsie and it threw it off.

2vru001.jpg
    Total: 38/50

Oh Ava I’m so torn about this picture. So many parts that I like. The hair looks perfect on Elise. The wings look fantastic. I especially liked the wing that was damaged. The sword and how it cuts her face in half, that looked really cool. Now what I didn’t like was the makeup. It was too thick and dramatic. Had you used a softer more neutral color for the lips maybe lowered the opacity. Dramatic eyes and lips shouldn’t compete. I didn’t care for the outfit, it had a weird mesh thing happening especially around Elise’s neck. The tattooed arms didn’t feel very natural, or were they suppose to be scars. They looked too clean and neat to look like scars which is why I assumed they were tattooed. What really saved this picture for me was that lovely backdrop, it’s wonderful and the color palette complements the colors of Elise’s wings. I await your next entry with enthusiasm.

7TH PLACE
    Lidi
    lidi15.jpg
    74 points

11jw51e.jpg
    Requirements: 4/5
    Total: 38.5/50

My dear Lidi…you definitely were very creative with your idea. Rambo faery is awesome. I think the guns in his hands were great, but Jayden’s gun wings were a little bit much. The posing was okay, works for the guns, but felt a little flat. This was a waist up shot when it was supposed to be a chest up shot. I know you were rushed because of real life, and it showed. Let’s step it up next round!

2vru001.jpg
    Faery Creativity: 10/15
    Requirements: 4.5/5
    Total: 35.5/50

Lidi I must say you did think outside the box with this one. You were the only one that used guns instead of a sword. Which would totally work for this assignment. However, I didn’t understand the gun wings. That seemed a bit much. The pose was good, it just would have been more powerful if there was some eye contact with the camera. I also felt the picture was taken at a low angle. This is a waist shot and not a chest shot. The jungle background matched the theme of the picture here, and I like the picture you used, it just wasn’t blended in very well. This picture just felt a little off. This one just didn’t feel like it was up to par with your other picture.

8TH PLACE
    Monster
    70 points

Since I'm thinking Monster is still on her trip, she is allowed to participate should she submit assignment 2 before assignment 3 is due. This will be her score for assignment 2.

Post edited by BeechNutBaby on
    6rj4Q13.png
    edited July 2014
    6rj4Q13.png
  • BrigidBrigid Posts: 1,468 New Member
    edited July 2014
    DOING THIS

Edit: OMG DOING THIS WITH ANDI. ITS PERRRRRRFECT FOR HIM!
  • SammLiteSammLite Posts: 1,171 Member
    edited July 2014
    Ohhh the first cycle was so fun how could I NOT reserve :D:D
    gif2_zps7841c011.gif
  • RikizziaRikizzia Posts: 648 Member
    edited July 2014
    I need to be here! Pleeeaaase reserve me :) first cycle was so fun!
    YqMyRUI.png
  • HannahJayneBebsHannahJayneBebs Posts: 1,251 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hnnngggg. I'm still really bummed about having to drop out of last cycle - so, gosh, this is so tempting. I might sign up as a judge, though, seeing as I don't have time to model. :mrgreen:
    edited July 2014
    Gotcha all reserved.

Jaybee, you know I'd love you either way :)
    6rj4Q13.png
  • IceTigers21IceTigers21 Posts: 810 Member
    edited July 2014
    I've been just dying for a good fantasy comp to practice some more editing, and gahhhhh....I shouldn't. I really shouldn't. But I think that I must.

Reserve please? :)
    Siggy_zpsvy6uc9hh.gif

edited July 2014
    (I'm Lidi. This is my officials account. I just wasn't sure if you'd check here or Unbound so I posted on both. But I don't need reserved twice :P )
    edited July 2014
    @Ava: Gotcha!

@Lidi: Oops lol :oops:
    6rj4Q13.png
    edited July 2014
    No biggie. I don't think I've ever commented on any of your threads at the officials before haha
    edited July 2014
    When does the sign ups close?
    YqMyRUI.png
    edited July 2014
    August 1st
    6rj4Q13.png
    edited July 2014
    Okay. I will try and get my model application in now :)
    YqMyRUI.png
    edited July 2014
    Username: Rikizza (Riki)
    Model Name: Liara Fowler
    Headshot: headshotfaeryfaecycle2_zps41b56a1e.jpg~original

Bodyshot:
    bodyshotfaeryfaecycle2_zps0405067a.jpg~original

I hope everythings alright ^^
    YqMyRUI.png
    edited July 2014
    Everything looks great :)
    6rj4Q13.png
  • SassyDanaSassyDana Posts: 2,375 Member
    edited July 2014
    Reserve me! I might just be able to join this. :) Going into game now.
    110zzsw.gif
    edited July 2014
    :D
    6rj4Q13.png
    edited July 2014
    Here is my application! I'm posting this here and on Unbound. :)

Username: SassyDana (Dana)
    Model Name: Ana.liegh (forum doesn't like her name) Strauss
    Headshot: *click here for full*

29kritw.png

Bodyshot: *click here for full*

315h72a.png
    110zzsw.gif
    edited July 2014
    I love Ana :)
    6rj4Q13.png
    edited July 2014
    Haha, thanks Beech. She's my only model. xD
    110zzsw.gif
    edited July 2014
    She's a beauty :)

Bump for more models!!
    6rj4Q13.png
    edited July 2014
    More models!
    6rj4Q13.png
    edited July 2014
    ATTENTION CONTESTANTS & JUDGES!!

So I have some exciting news for me, but it will mean that some stuff needs to be done in a timely manner for this competition (and all my others).

My parents surprised me with tickets to Disneyland a few days ago to take my daughters as a family trip from August 3-8th. I will be away from a computer and not able to check in very often as a result. It's exciting because I know my daughter will love it (it's for her 6th birthday) and I will probably love it too.

I was going to have this due on the 2nd, but because I will want more models to sign up and the dates conflicting, I'm going to extend this to be due the 8th of August.

Thanks!
    6rj4Q13.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top