Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are freckles inherited?

What the title says :lol:

I don't think they are, but I'm curious. Does anyone know?

P.S: Talking about freckles in game, btw :wink:

Comments

• aleneghan619aleneghan619 Posts: 4,947 Member
    edited September 2009
    No i dont think they are..which is a shame
    tumblr_inline_movqnq54lT1qz4rgp.gif

• tdewdtdewd Posts: 927 Member
    edited September 2009

They're not? Sigh. So let me get this straight. Hair dye is genetically transfered to the offspring, but freckles aren't? I wonder who thought up that clever idea...
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    edited September 2009

Why is it a shame that Freckles aren't inherited? Since in real life freckles aren't inherited really pale people (like myself) get freckles because its our skin's attempt to tan.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • hlouisehlouise Posts: 409 New Member
    edited September 2009
    MadameLee wrote:

Why is it a shame that Freckles aren't inherited? Since in real life freckles aren't inherited really pale people (like myself) get freckles because its our skin's attempt to tan.

well really pale people who have freckles usually have parents who have freckles also... so why not?
  • sootyowl143sootyowl143 Posts: 620 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I'm not that pale......am I? Lolx I wish your sims offspring would get freckles but they never seem to do.
  • PolarBearFreakPolarBearFreak Posts: 321 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I was wondering this as well. It would be bad if they weren't... :cry:
  • ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited September 2009
    if they ARENT inherited, you should be able to apply then yourself in the mirror. but you cant. you cant give an in born sim freckles OR beautymarks.
    which i think is dumb
  • LynelleFLynelleF Posts: 94 New Member
    edited September 2009
    tdewd wrote:

They're not? Sigh. So let me get this straight. Hair dye is genetically transfered to the offspring, but freckles aren't? I wonder who thought up that clever idea...

Your remark gave me a big laugh! I hadn't thought about the hair dye being genetically transfered, but it does seem to happen. Funny.
  • aleneghan619aleneghan619 Posts: 4,947 Member
    edited September 2009
    Yeah I had a sim who i constantly changed her hair colour.. she had 7 children and they all had different hair colours!
    tumblr_inline_movqnq54lT1qz4rgp.gif

• cupcakecupcake Posts: 5,097 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I think they should be inherited because isn't freckles and beauty marks only availible when making a sim?
  • KaelynaKaelyna Posts: 109 Member
    edited September 2009
    Yeah they are :(

I really wish they were, it would be sweet ;)
    edited September 2009
    hlouise wrote:
    MadameLee wrote:

well really pale people who have freckles usually have parents who have freckles also... so why not?

My mom has freckles too. But I didn't inherited them from my mom. Just because Parent has freckles=doesn't automatically mean the kids will have them too. You have to spend time in the sun (without sunblock) if your really pale then freckles appear. Neither my dad or sister have freckles. It makes no sense for freckles to be inherited. When we get the "tan" option back really pale sims shouldn't be able to tan but instead get freckles (an option that could be turned on/off). Since freckles aren't inherited in real life. Its just gentatic but there isn't a 50/50 chance of getting them.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • KaelynaKaelyna Posts: 109 Member
    edited September 2009
    MadameLee, you are right, but they CAN be inherited too ;)

You should research before you assume they aren't inherited in real life.
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    edited September 2009
    Hopefully it will be something they will "fix" soon.
    edited September 2009
    Kaelyna wrote:
    MadameLee, you are right, but they CAN be inherited too ;)

You should research before you assume they aren't inherited in real life.

well when the only people I know of that have freckles are my mom and I. None of my RLF friends do. Neither do my father or sister has them. Just because one parent has them doesn't mean that kids will get them too. since I didn't start out in life with freckles. I was in the sun for the freckles to start forming.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited September 2009
    they are in fact both. people who have freckles are more likly to have parents and relatives with freckles, but they dont show up at birth. they appear over time.
    and it depends on the 'severity' of the freckles' some ppl are VERY freckly, others only have a few here and there.

i am one of the types who only has a few here and there, but i have noticed that as my kids get older, they get more freckles here and there also.

ive always loved freckles. i have some custom freckles in the sims 3 i can put on in blush, so i can have super freckly sims whenver i want
  • MissCalienteMissCaliente Posts: 386 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Well, whatever. Why does it matter if freckles are or are not inherited in real life? Hair dye is not inherited in real life. Brown eyed people can't have pink eyed kids in real life. And you can't spin to change your clothes or motherlode to get rich in real life. The real thing is that, beauty marks and freckles can not be applied to any sim (wether they're custom or premade or in-game born)after you've exited create a family. And they can also not be inherited. So, if we want our sims to have freckled or beauty marks, we should just create them in CAS like that. Which is dumb. They must either give us an option to give sims freckles and bauty marks from the mirror or make them inheritable.
  • buddycheadbuddychead Posts: 2,223 Member
    edited September 2009
    You don't really inherit much in the sims, no money. :roll:
  • berrypie27berrypie27 Posts: 15,492 Member
    edited September 2009
    Now I has asked this exact question a few months back and according to aarin it does happen. =o