Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a minimum size for a base camp?

Hi :) Quick question. I want to set Dorothy's house as a base camp so if using the travel mod your sim will arrive in Oz, in dorothy's farmhouse. It is very small, just 1 twin bed and 1 double bed. I'm afraid it will generate a lot of visitors and be too small. Does anyone know if I can do this?
If it is too small I can add a basement but I need to know how the game treats base-camps, is it according to the number of beds or some other factor?

Also, as it will generate an adventure board, do I now have to have tombs and stuff?

Comments

• Zach_BundyZach_Bundy Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited July 2014
    Haha speak of the devil! I was just building a base camp :).

Btw I really admire how hard you're working on making your world. I think most people that are new to CAW just give up.

With base camps, the minimum size of the lot is the same as any other. It should be just like a residential lot minus the stove. Base camps don't attract a huge amount of sims, but they should at least have five beds just in case.

When you change the lot type to Base Camp in Edit in Game then the adventure board will automatically appear. You'll need to use the moveobjectson cheat in order to put it where you want on the lot.

The adventure board will not require any tombs. It will pop up with normal opportunities just like what you would get if you were in sunset valley.
  • KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thanks!

Hmmm, sounds like her house is too small. I could ad a basement but it still might get crowded. I was hoping the tourists would be according to beds.

As for Dorothy...I thought it would be fun to have her live in "Kansas" and travel to Oz. It would be easy enough to change the basecamp to a residence using a few cheats.

However...she cannot travel without an adult...so...Can she travel without an adult with the travel mod?

I hope by the time this world is done I'm not so sick of it I won't want to play.
    LOL
    edited July 2014
    Here is my solution to the base camp. I put Dorothys little house on a larger lot and added some munchkin houses to it. It has 2 additional double beds, a living/kitchen area and two additional bathrooms. Hopefully it won't be too crowded.

screenshot_original.jpg

I am going to keep both versions of the house so the world can be played either way as a vacation world or home world. I've no idea yet how to populate a world so other players should be able to choose how they want to have it :)

I'm taking note of the counter issue. Counter space is limited, but there are 2 kitchens, one in Dorothy's house and one in a munchkin house. Nothing I hate more than sims stomping the floor, yelling and wetting themselves!
    edited July 2014
    I'm back...
    I tested my basecamp by having a sim travel (using nraas travel mod) to Oz and for some reason it treated it as a trip to university when it loaded. I had to select the base camp as a rental and there is no one else visiting the lot.

I don't remember the travel mod behaving this way before...
    It does now behave like a vacation lasting 3 days while in the world.

Also, the adventure board is gone.

Perhaps I didn't really need a base camp after all?