Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A trip down nostalgia lane! The Sims 2 discussion thread, a place to talk and share about Sims 2!

DonLatharoDonLatharo Posts: 151 Member
edited February 15 in Nominated Threads
Well, it looks like a lot of people are getting back into the Sims 2, with the release of the Ultimate Collection, so I thought it would be nice to have a place were people can talk and share their Sims 2 stories, old and new! :lol:

Share your excitement for the game! Even if you don't have it yet!

Let there be Sims! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thanks for making this thread. I'm still downloading it...have 2.50 GB out of 12.57 GB.

I just wish I knew how to put saved games into this game. I don't feel like starting over...but with all this new content...I just might.

I love The Sims 2 SO much.
  • DonLatharoDonLatharo Posts: 151 Member
    edited July 2014
    Try searching it in Google, you can most likely find the answer! I am ready to start over, since just yesterday I got back into it, so I don;t mind starting over :-) ... Now i just got to wait for the collection to show up in my origin :oops:
  • JessicaB9188JessicaB9188 Posts: 407 Member
    edited July 2014
    Waiting for it to show up in my origin library!

But my first plan is to play with the broke's I think. They were always my favorites. Or maybe the pleasant's...or the goths....oh lord. I just don't know! I'm so so so excited!
    JessiBeau Here! :D
    Hop on over to my YouTube Channel if you'd like!
    edited July 2014
    Waiting for it to show up in my origin library!

But my first plan is to play with the broke's I think. They were always my favorites. Or maybe the pleasant's...or the goths....oh lord. I just don't know! I'm so so so excited!

When it comes to the Sims 2, the choices are endless :) And the pre-made Sims are really fun to play, since they have meaningful, interesting back-stories. :mrgreen:
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited July 2014
    Oh my gosh, I'm down loading. Now I'm waiting for it to finish it's thing. I'm getting sooooooooooo antsy. I can't even remember the last time I was able to play TS2....oh yes I do, it's been tooooooooooooooo long.

I did at one time own every TS2, except for the last SP. When I moved to my home back in 2009, some how my whole TS2 collection got lost in the move. I did register everything, but beyond my compensation all my information was completely lost. I even went through a phone call and live chat to have someone help me.

Thinking ok, I might as well start over, I started to purchase all what was lost again. The only thing was as I was trying to complete my collection again, Origin decided to discontinue TS2.

Now that they are releasing this again, I'm soooooooo happy, I could cry. :cry::lol::D I'm going through all kinds of emotions right now. I'm getting a second chance at my beloved sims. When I get a chance to finally play it again, I'm going straight for my favorite, Riverblossom Hills, and Alexandra O'Mackey.

112px-Alexandra_OMackey.jpg

This is the only picture I have at the moment.

923161_193231497493820_531111992_n.jpg

I was not playing that vampire at the time, and he decided to turn my poor girl into the undead all on his own. I really miss that, when vampires weren't woosies.
    edited July 2014
    LaBlue0314 wrote:
    Oh my gosh, I'm down loading. Now I'm waiting for it to finish it's thing. I'm getting sooooooooooo antsy. I can't even remember the last time I was able to play TS2....oh yes I do, it's been tooooooooooooooo long.

I did at one time own every TS2, except for the last SP. When I moved to my home back in 2009, some how my whole TS2 collection got lost in the move. I did register everything, but beyond my compensation all my information was completely lost. I even went through a phone call and live chat to have someone help me.

Thinking ok, I might as well start over, I started to purchase all what was lost again. The only thing was as I was trying to complete my collection again, Origin decided to discontinue TS2.

Now that they are releasing this again, I'm soooooooo happy, I could cry. :cry::lol::D I'm going through all kinds of emotions right now. I'm getting a second chance at my beloved sims. When I get a chance to finally play it again, I'm going straight for my favorite, Riverblossom Hills, and Alexandra O'Mackey.

112px-Alexandra_OMackey.jpg

This is the only picture I have at the moment.

923161_193231497493820_531111992_n.jpg

I was not playing that vampire at the time, and he decided to turn my poor girl into the undead all on his own. I really miss that, when vampires weren't woosies.

I really think that it is unexpected, but great for EA to be doing this, they have made A LOT of people happy! Including me, because I had all the expansions, expect free time, and had no stuff packs. Now we get them all... For free! Now I just have to wait for it to show up in my origin! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    edited July 2014
    Just spoke with a EA adviser (live chat), and he was able to give me the ultimate collection! All i had to say was that I has the double deluxe in my origin, and he gave it to me! :mrgreen::mrgreen: So excited!
  • skm36skm36 Posts: 2,754 Member
    edited July 2014
    I just got it and I'm downloading now. :D
    j7zqrt.jpg
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,414 Member
    edited July 2014
    I never had Apartment Life or Freetime and just moved my sim into his own apartment. Playing this brings back so many memories and with some CC to make them look a lil better, I can see why I was hooked on this game for so many years. I don't even want to move onto the Sims 4 anymore. Just wanna keep playing this.
    edited July 2014
    I never had Apartment Life or Freetime and just moved my sim into his own apartment. Playing this brings back so many memories and with some CC to make them look a lil better, I can see why I was hooked on this game for so many years. I don't even want to move onto the Sims 4 anymore. Just wanna keep playing this.

I never got to play Free Time, so I am really excited to get a chance to finally play it! Apartment life is one of the best expansion packs (in my opinion) :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,414 Member
    edited July 2014
    DonLatharo wrote:

I never got to play Free Time, so I am really excited to get a chance to finally play it! Apartment life is one of the best expansion packs (in my opinion) :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Yeah so far I love it. It's what the apartments in Sims 3 should've been. My sim is a romance sim and just asked his neighbor to go with him to the coffee shop. Just got him the vibrating heart bed so we'll see how their outing goes. :wink:
  • sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    edited July 2014
    Ahhh...TS2. I preordered the DVD Edition and it shipped to my office so I could make sure I got it on release day. I stroked the box lovingly while waiting for 3:30 to come around so I could leave work.

I remember loading it up and playing the little minigame to distract you while it installed. Then, the game opened and I made my first family, The Gleasons, Jonathan and Toula. They had TWINS on the first go. I was equal parts stoked and horrified because I had no idea how to cheat their needs up. Talk about a crash course in Simming.

Before the jump bug got them, Jonathan and Toula had 10 girls and I tried and tried to get a boy.

Favorite Pre-made Family - Don Lothario. He impregnated every woman of child bearing years in Pleasantview at least once.
    Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

edited July 2014
    sarahzsmyl wrote:
    Ahhh...TS2. I preordered the DVD Edition and it shipped to my office so I could make sure I got it on release day. I stroked the box lovingly while waiting for 3:30 to come around so I could leave work.

I remember loading it up and playing the little minigame to distract you while it installed. Then, the game opened and I made my first family, The Gleasons, Jonathan and Toula. They had TWINS on the first go. I was equal parts stoked and horrified because I had no idea how to cheat their needs up. Talk about a crash course in Simming.

Before the jump bug got them, Jonathan and Toula had 10 girls and I tried and tried to get a boy.

Favorite Pre-made Family - Don Lothario. He impregnated every woman of child bearing years in Pleasantview at least once.

Don is my favorite pre-made (Hence the username :D). I always make sure to play him, because there is so much you can do with him! Though I almost always make him end up with Brandi Broke, I have no clue why.. Its just how I play :lol::lol:
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    edited July 2014
    I have not played the Sims2 since 2009. (I went back to it only once after Sims3 came out.) I have everything Sims2. Today, I was able to download the Sims2 Ultimate Collection. I forgot about having to add the sub-hoods, universities, et al. That took a bit of time, as did the downloading. Then I went into CAS and made a family to play. I've been happily getting reacquainted with this game for most of the afternoon.

The Sims are far more lively in this version. They react to others around them. My father Sim went out in his underwear to collect the newspaper and greeted a neighbor in passing.

The food spoils so very quickly, too. I miss the green plumes of stink when a Sim is in need of a shower. The UI looks way different from how I remembered it. :shock: All-in-all I've had a blast today. I may only spend a small amount of time over here and then play Sims3 for a bit today, too.

I miss being able to send my Sim out on the town. Don't know how well I will fare with Sims4, but if I don't try it, I will never know.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • amazinggdudetteamazinggdudette Posts: 84 Member
    edited July 2014
    The Sims are far more lively in this version. They react to others around them. My father Sim went out in his underwear to collect the newspaper and greeted a neighbor in passing.

I love that the Sims wave to one another or have some sort of reaction to passing sims. The one thing that makes the closed world a little more bearable is the amount of sims that come past the house. Gosh I can't get over how much I love this installment of the series :mrgreen:
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited July 2014
    I have not played the Sims2 since 2009. (I went back to it only once after Sims3 came out.) I have everything Sims2. Today, I was able to download the Sims2 Ultimate Collection. I forgot about having to add the sub-hoods, universities, et al. That took a bit of time, as did the downloading. Then I went into CAS and made a family to play. I've been happily getting reacquainted with this game for most of the afternoon.

The food spoils so very quickly, too. I miss the green plumes of stink when a Sim is in need of a shower. The UI looks way different from how I remembered it. :shock: All-in-all I've had a blast today. I may only spend a small amount of time over here and then play Sims3 for a bit today, too.

I miss being able to send my Sim out on the town. Don't know how well I will fare with Sims4, but if I don't try it, I will never know.

Out on the town? You mean like on dates, or shopping? Install a downtown area for a place to go on dates or shopping. You can also install the business area, where there are some owned businesses for shopping or you can buy/start your own business. There are round icons at the top of your neighborhood screen for these.

Note on dates: I haven't tried this in ultimate, but in my old game I sometimes had a problem of asking someone out on a date, but not getting to downtown fast enough, so they'd say I stood them up and hate me for awhile. It's better to either go to the place and then call them up for a date, or have them come to your home for the date and then go downtown together.
  • cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thank you for starting this thread! My old laptop was acting up so I have a new laptop to be delivered today. I downloaded Sims 2 on the old laptop but couldn't get the installation to complete, so I wasn't able to launch the new Sims 2 Collection. Looking forward to playing and sharing!
  • dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited July 2014
    I remember playing TS2 Double Deluxe on my old laptop back in 2010 and never liking it, but now I have everything and WOW this is game is soooo much fun! I spent about 3 hours playing last night and my sim Lola Sweets is already engaged to be married to a man named Timothy Riley.

Now I'm trying to set up a downloads folder and get some custom skin in :)
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited July 2014
    I did some deep folder digging and found all of my original dlc from ea my sims will 'run with scissors' ;) but only once in a while :lol:

Other than the tutorial, for giggles, I've never been to into playing with the premades. I love being able to start in a blank neighbor hood and build it up one family at a time. That and I'm partially obsessed with the apocalypse challenge. :mrgreen:
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    edited July 2014
    I managed to finish the Apocalypse Challenge, enjoyed it. Tried the Legacy Challenge several times; I think the farthest I got was 5th generation. My favorite challenge is the Prosperity Challenge. I'm thinking of giving that a shot again with the new ultimate collection.
  • StoreAccountStoreAccount Posts: 1,504 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hi! :) I have been playing all morning and am having a blast!

This picture really sums up what makes TS2 great for me. The Mom and Dad are woohooing in the car, while it is snowing and there is a dog outside, as their teen daughter looks on in disgust. :lol: :P

14681184101_5e3bd8967f_o.jpg

This is the family I made, and a picture of their house. :-)

14681993884_4639bdc0ef_o.jpg

14497723899_fee23b9cf1_o.jpg

14681995074_9f7ec040d7_o.jpg

Also, I just love that we can paint custom pictures! My Sim made a Gaga Gallery, hehe. :-)

14704265473_644dfaa212_o.jpg

14684375895_bc8e4b79e4_o.jpg

14661371516_f4fdee8b97_o.jpg

14684375805_e87fd38bb9_o.jpg
  • goofhead1goofhead1 Posts: 7,282 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I've only ever owned the double deluxe and since I got double deluxe when I was still collecting the sims 3 expansion packs I had no interest in getting the rest of the sims 2. But now that I have grown bored of the sims 3 since sims 4 is coming out I am excited to get into my new ultimate collection. :D
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited July 2014
    eep watch out for your sims on that exercise bike .... I remember having a few sims go up in flames from overheating :shock:

Love the Gaga Gallery .... hmmmm .... might toss some of my s3 sims portrait pics into the pic gallery.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    edited July 2014

Also, I just love that we can paint custom pictures! My Sim made a Gaga Gallery, hehe. :-)

Love the GaGa Gallery!
  • StoreAccountStoreAccount Posts: 1,504 Member
    edited July 2014
    eep watch out for your sims on that exercise bike .... I remember having a few sims go up in flames from overheating :shock:

Love the Gaga Gallery .... hmmmm .... might toss some of my s3 sims portrait pics into the pic gallery.
    Thanks! :-) Yes, I was thinking of adding some of my TS3 screenshots as custom pics, I think that would awesome. And thanks for the tip about the bike, my Sims seem to love it! :-)
    MsPhy wrote:
    Love the GaGa Gallery!
    Thanks! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top